Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Twinnies final two. Jury made up of extra twinnies. All twinnies all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥

Robnoxious posted:

The cast seems pretty diverse and all over the place

are you mentally stupid or something??

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Robnoxious posted:

Took me awhile to find this thread because there wasn't any pithy tagline to make it stand out from the rest of the chucklefuck TVIV thread titles. I'm sure that will change over time as we get this poo poo on the road.

Is there a way to sticky the thread for the day? I think that used to be a thing in TVIV.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
You can PM a mod with the request. Send them a link to the thread too so they don't have to go looking for it. The easier you make it, the more likely it gets done quickly.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Poque posted:

Twinnies final two. Jury made up of extra twinnies. All twinnies all the time.

I'm good with this. :getin:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Twinnies are great and I'm all for them going the distance here.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

My mind is blown that anyone genuinely likes the twins. I also refuse to call them the other word

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
I can respect that they are fierce competitors. They absolutely get on my nerves though. I think it'll be interesting to see how they do on Survivor, where an abrasive attitude could get them in trouble really quick.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
I've only seen a little of the Twinnies playing TAR so I don't really know how they'll act. Aren't they a bit over the top though? Might get their butts kicked on Survivor we're you've got to be a team player and have a close alliance.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Spiky Ooze posted:

I've only seen a little of the Twinnies playing TAR so I don't really know how they'll act. Aren't they a bit over the top though? Might get their butts kicked on Survivor we're you've got to be a team player and have a close alliance.
They are whiney and moody and can be socially abrasive but they are built like brick shithouses and will compete hard.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Is this screening tonight?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

YEAH IN 2 HOURS

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Having watched all the cast interviews, the twinnies are the only ones who feel like they might play aggressively and make big moves. It's unlikely either of them will win, but from where I'm standing they're the best hope of keeping the season interesting and I hope they stick around for a while.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I can't remember if it was someone in here or on RHAP, but the point was made that separating the twins should mitigate the obnoxious factor. Like, Natalie and Nadia taken separately will represent something like the square root of how intolerable they are as a unit.

I guess we're about to find out.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
The RHAP w/ Corrine review of the cast was pretty funny. It's Corinne being Corinne so if you are like me and can't stand her then listen at your own discretion. She disects the cast and is pretty brutal in her review.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Her snark is sometimes funny, but she has obviously always been quite well-off and it really comes through in ways I can't stand. Like, she said something about being annoyed that she had to fly in the cabin with all the plebs on her way out to Gabon/the Philippines.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Anyone know if new episodes of Survivor are available on Hulu Plus? I know they have old seasons on there, but I haven't had Hulu while a current season is airing.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Picking Kelley and Jeremy for ponies based on their bios. Is there anything in interviews to make them sound like retards?

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.

TheNinjaScotsman posted:

Anyone know if new episodes of Survivor are available on Hulu Plus? I know they have old seasons on there, but I haven't had Hulu while a current season is airing.

I don't think so. I binged the whole show earlier this year when Cagayan was airing and it didn't have that or BvW up yet.

emoticon
May 8, 2007
;)
Jesus, it's a whole bunch of white models with six packs, like they casted the out of the Abercrombie and Fitch catalog or something.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^

TheNinjaScotsman posted:

CBS shows the current seasons online so I doubt it

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

emoticon posted:

Jesus, it's a whole bunch of white models with six packs, like they casted the out of the Abercrombie and Fitch catalog or something.

The only cast John Rocker would agree to play with.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Speaking of the twins, I have Natalie in the work pool this year. Since I didn't see their TAR seasons, I'm going in blind about them.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Reading through the cast in the OP, seeing John Rocker got a verbal "oh gently caress you" out of me. My very first baseball game was his first game in NYC after saying those remarks about new yorkers and yeah, he is not well liked. He basically got pushed out of baseball because of the lovely things he kept saying. I'd bet the gay couple from NYC was casted largely to get a reaction out of him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SteveVizsla posted:

He basically got pushed out of baseball because of the lovely things he kept saying.

Well, he also fell off a cliff performance wise, which isn't all that odd for relief pitchers especially from that era (COUGHroidsCOUGH).

But if he wasn't a complete and total rear end in a top hat and unrepentant racist, homophobe, and misogynist than more teams might have given him more of a chance to rebound since a good reliever can save your team. But if I remember right he basically refused to work with coaches or go to the minors because that's just the kind of guy he is.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

click the shit outta^
I just hope Rocker isn't there to do more bigoted stuff or I'll drop this season instantly. Seen enough of the repulsive stuff on CBS shows.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
HERE WE GO

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

GO TIME!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Looks like by starting on "day zero" they tricked everyone into wearing formal wear hhahaha.

Survivor has met it's weekly boob-quota already

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
They labeled you that because you are a racist bigot, John Rocker.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

So, Nicaragua... can they swim?

Brothers are my favorite so far

edit: Gay couple caught a crab already and are cooking. Ok, THEY are my favorite.

edit2: Survivor is cool, Jeff, but I think a 3 week journey around the world is a bit more of an adventure than laying around on a beach for 16 hours a day

blue squares fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Sep 25, 2014

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Just got up from my nap, did I miss anything?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, I definitely want the twins to suffer.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

Just got up from my nap, did I miss anything?

All the couples are spending the night on Day Zero together before becoming tribes. They were given flint.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Never seen The Amazing Race so jeff saying "they've tried an agressive approach and failed... Twice." just made me crack up with zero context.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Awwww saw Action Jeff's safety harness.

Illusion of godhood ruined.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Wee Bairns posted:

Awwww saw Action Jeff's safety harness.

Illusion of godhood ruined.

Way to ruin it for the unobservant among us (me)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Usually people come out her and have never tried to make fire."

Yeah, but the question should be why?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Haha, why would the twins announce that they were on the Amazing Race?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

STAC Goat posted:

Never seen The Amazing Race so jeff saying "they've tried an agressive approach and failed... Twice." just made me crack up with zero context.

They did fairly well the first time around, but they imploded spectacularly on their second run.

• Locked thread