Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
:awesome:

Dan Ryan South by TomOlson, on Flickr

Dan Ryan North by TomOlson, on Flickr:awesome:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

IMG_5999 by s-bothun, on Flickr
IMG_5957 by s-bothun, on Flickr
IMG_5976 by s-bothun, on Flickr

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
Bit of a stretch for a landscape and while they are not quiet rocks they are still pretty sexy.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

French Road by alkanphel, on Flickr

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ok mod challenge entries closed, i'll compile them into a single post when i get home

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

jesus, that about made me fall over in disorientation

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Oh lame, 500px converted to URL turns my 1280 image into 900x600 and makes it blurry as gently caress. Gah.

maxmars
Nov 20, 2006

Ad bestias!

Interesting.. And nice car :)

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

Foggy Morning Near Perth #2, August 2014 by s d photo, on Flickr

Scarborough, Sept 2014 by s d photo, on Flickr

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

awesome!

Venusian Weasel
Nov 18, 2011

I went to a cave a couple weeks ago!

Cascade by venusian-weasel, on Flickr
(Looking back at it I probably need to brighten this one up a little more)

Passage by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

Flowstone Falls by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

Silent Splendor by venusian-weasel, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Sears Tower by TomOlson, on Flickr

Condos by TomOlson, on Flickr

Construction by TomOlson, on Flickr

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

I'm hard.

This is a good thing

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Amongst all your tall things this is the best tall thing I think.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

IMG_5805 by s-bothun, on Flickr
IMG_5829 by s-bothun, on Flickr
IMG_5872 by s-bothun, on Flickr

ape
Jul 20, 2009

Yellowstone 1 by ape, on Flickr

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

ansel autisms posted:

take a deep breath and take a landscape

Nw Glisan St, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

OUR ILLUSTRIOUS ENTRIES

deaders posted:

I'm so sorry

Helicity posted:

Bart also does weddings :colbert:

Helicity posted:

I like to think Bart only shoots in the 60 minutes before sundown, as anything besides golden photons shorten sensor life, and the air moisture levels correlate with those providing the highest resolving power in his optics. He probably also argues on the Internet about what art is, what questions deserve answers, and whether EttR is worth it. There's a little Bart Radfucker in all of us :unsmith:

Musket posted:

This will be bangin your mom, yolo.

Musket posted:

in this to win this.

RangerScum posted:

Can someone page Bart to ask him what makes or breaks a landscape in his honest opinion?

Geektox posted:

you call that hdr

Bob Socko posted:

Gosh, I'm really sorry, I accidentally uploaded the wrong photo! These things happen, I'm sure you can understand. Also, I'm not really good at this whole photoshop thing, so I just put the revised watermark on top of the other one. Hope you like it!

SCORING IS IRON CHEF STYLE, AS FOLLOWS:
- Up to 5 points awarded for accurately representing "Bart Radfucker's Nature Is The poo poo Photography"
- Up to 5 points for the quality of the image or lack thereof, depending on your preference
- Up to 5 points for either the watermark or how much you personally like that poster
- Pastebin with all the entries in it since it'll gently caress up if you try to quote this post: right here
- You can also just do a "username: score/score/score = total" style post and not quote a billion images
- If a person has multiple entries, go with whichever one you think is the "best"

edit: for the judges obviously, I mean if you want to go add up numbers yourself, go nuts, but they won't count for anything

SoundMonkey fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Sep 23, 2014

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
Bart Radfucker: :fork: / :butt: / :taco:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Whitezombi posted:

Bart Radfucker: :fork: / :butt: / :taco:

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Whitezombi posted:

Burt Dadfucker: :fork: / :butt: / :taco:

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
I heard Bart Radfucker is going to be teaching a course? Anyone have any details?

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

Dread Head posted:

I heard Bart Radfucker is going to be teaching a course? Anyone have any details?

"How to use your photography to get pussy."

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

Yes, he's doing a speaking tour with Rob Knobgobbler, Shane Wangmangler and Scooter McCooterlooter

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

feigning interest posted:

Scooter McCooterlooter

mods

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Here is my thoroughly detailed review. While I was limited by the official scoring method, I do feel like everything I wrote is true and accurate in the manner prescribed by Rhonda Byrne.

quote:

SCORING IS IRON CHEF STYLE, AS FOLLOWS:
- Up to 5 points awarded for accurately representing "Bart Radfucker's Nature Is The poo poo Photography"
- Up to 5 points for the quality of the image or lack thereof, depending on your preference
- Up to 5 points for either the watermark or how much you personally like that poster

8th-snype: 5/3/2 (10)

8th-snype answers the question of “who is Bart Radfucker?” with “an idiot.” While the title promises nature and a love of nature, the photo gives us its direct opposite: the unnatural hell of a suburban strip mall. This picture fails, however, in that it’s too dark and doesn’t show off the mall properly. Bart may be an idiot, but I think he has an inescapable enthusiasm and this picture does not give us that insight. The watermark is also too small and simple, as if this were the vanity project of someone recent-retiree just learning how to learn the computer. Bart is not old. He is young, and virile. This is not him.

Dread Head: 4/4/1 (9)

Dread Head’s Bart Radfucker is much more “Radfucker” than “Bart.” He is cool, he is chill, he is letting the vibes flow through him. The mountain casually descends from the top right of the frame to the bottom left, its loafing emphasizing its serenity, and its right-to-leftness showing Bart’s familiarity with the sacred Kabbalic texts of the ancient world. From the top left comes the light of God, shining upon the reposing might rock. This is serenity: laid-back dudeness under the blessing of the holy. However, this divine light also seems to make the watermark in the bottom right. This seems wrong – as a laid-back dude who is very much a Radfucker, Bart would not have the hubris to either give himself the authority or praise of the divine. He is too chill to be a man of ego. The secondary watermark also seems wrong – Bart Radfucker views nature as serene and holy. His photography is as much a duty as a passion. He would not turn it into a business – that is sacrilege.

deaders: 3/5/4 (12)

deaders gives us a Bart Radfucker who is a very serious person. He imagines himself making very serious insights and believes that these insights, presented artistically, ought to be taken seriously. This is a flaw, I think, as this person does not appear to me as a Bart Radfucker. Maybe half a Bart at most, and certainly not a Radfucker. The photographer, we will call him Ba, believes he has captured a very smart irony. The painted mural of a mountain blocks out the view of the actual mountains, forcing us to recognize its ugly artifice. This mural was once an advertisement, but all branding, information, and even writing has been obliterated leaving it as only an ugly blight upon an otherwise beautiful view. Here Ba challenges out consumerism, and accuses capitalism of aspiring to replace the beautiful reality with a semi-competent facsimile. Ba believes in this insight, and wants to be the person who made it. This explains the threatening watermark: he is asserting not just his ownership but (implicitly) his own importance. This photograph carries with it his values, and they are values he is ready to die for.

grack: 5/5/5/0.5* (15.5)

Bart Radfucker is a fraud! That is the story that grack tells us. The prominent brand and copyright tell us that Bart Radfucker is coming up within the corporate machine, probably fresh out of business school, but believes in himself as someone who is radical and against the grain. Perhaps he is compensating for being forced to change his name (the more company-friendly “Brad”) for the sake of career advancement. He is the sort of person who claims he is applying “Hindutva” to his group project when he really just hastily skimmed some Tom Peters. Accordingly, the image is pointedly simple. With the title – “Nature’s Beautiful Song” – the young Bart is telling us that the hustle and bustle of the corporate world is ugly and at odds with our inner essence. The true beauty of nature, within all of us, is within the stillness we find when we listen to our hearts beat and our spirits loose. This is a complete story, with no extraneous information. Even the tumblr tells us a story: “Radfucker” is his brand. It’s an identity that he (1) affects and (2) affects for the purposes of crafting a personal brand. I bet this guy owns a scooter and vapes in the office even though the boss told him to stop.

Beige: 2/3/4 (9)

Beige sacrifices his entry in the name of a meta-entry. I do not think that Bart Radfucker posts on Something Awful. He probably posts on reddit, and considers himself a bit of an outlaw for having heard of 4chan before everyone else at the office. (“You wouldn’t want to know about it” he tells them, smirking as he imagines himself as an intrepid e-venturer.) This is another picture that affects simplicity, but also tries to show off through its use of focus on the one leaf. This Bart has a big ego. This is reflected in the watermark, where he spells out his whole name with the flourish – “2k14” – again stressing to us that he likes himself, and wants accouterments to stress that he is a badass. He probably named himself “Bart” later in life after his hero from the Simpsons, that he still tries to emulate. Not so much “Rad,” definitely a “fucker.”

Spedman: 3/2/4 (9)

There are many ways to understand “nature,” and Spedman’s Bart Radfucker sees it as rural simplicity. Of course, Bart’s rural periphery here appears to be his front yard. The multiple watermarks suggest to us that this is someone who is experimenting. Together, we can infer that this Bart Radfucker is between the ages of 13 and 16 and probably lives at home. With such a skewed view of nature, we can view the “is the poo poo” of “nature is the poo poo” as forced posturing towards an online community. Young Radfucker has probably had his views of the world challenged, perhaps by someone showing some beautiful natural photography of the deep wild or some foreign country, so he is compensating and perhaps even experimenting by affected a taupish patriotism. This contest explains the paucity of the picture: because it represents values very clear to Bart, it does not occur to him that it is indecipherable to most others.

Hellcity (1): 2/3/5 (10)

This Bart Radfucker is like a mirror to Spedman’s, but even younger. He lives downtown and has been tasked to take a picture of “nature.” He wanders into something green-looking and snaps the first picture he finds, not noticing that the siding of some big box building is off to the side. The little twig emphasizes that this Bart is maybe 10 years old, and fulfilling the duties of a school project. However, I don’t think this Bart would be allowed to swear, so “is the poo poo” seems out of place. I don’t think we can say he mischievously inserted it himself, since after being handheld to the park (?) to take these pictures, he wouldn’t have edited them online without mom or dad.

Medieval Medic: 2/4/3 (9)

This Bart Radfucker appears to have a sidejob of take stock pictures to later be used in Christian inspirational internet memes. This explains not just the divine sun shining upon a dark world, but the awkward swirling half-seethrough text which acts as an exemplar of what clients can do. Such a person who never call themselves “Radfucker,” though, since it would alienate too much of the clientele.

MrBlandAverage: 2/3/3 (8)

The only thing I think we can tell about Bart Radfucker here is that he does not want other people stealing his pictures. This is why his watermark covers the entire picture. This renders the picture hideous, but Bart needs to show off what he’s done. He’s proud at having taken a picture of nature because he wants to be that sort of person and he wants to show off that he is that sort of person, but he has no knowledge, understanding, or ambition of any sort beyond that.

Shampoo: 3/5/3 (11)

Now this Bart Radfucker is interesting. He comes across as Roger Rabbit’s Judge Doom, blessing the urban landscape with divine light. The clouds seem dark and polluting, but so lined with light that they cannot be seen as sinister. Rather, these are the signs of sacred industry, like viewing the black lung or polluted Thames as signs of English supremacy. The holy light makes the urban landscape particularly pointed: this is nature! This is what God intended! The modern city, with its large buildings, highways, and ice rinks housing morally dubious hockey teams, is our postmodern, late capitalist Eden. While all this is a compelling story, it is not clear why this is particular to someone named “Bart Radfucker.” Is the whole thing some pastiche of how a Christian-conservative hippie views big city liberals in California, skateboarding to Satan? This photograph feels as though it ought to be some second-order prop in a larger story.

Musket (2): 5/4/4/0.5* (13.5)

The interesting information in this photograph is in the watermark. This Bart Radfucker is a man of contradictions. The watermark is contained and formal, yet written in Comic Sans. The picture is not for commercial use, yet Bart presents himself as owning and operating, and this picture belong to, a limited liability corporation. These two contradictions, along with the enjoinment to not steal the picture, give us the impression that Bart is mostly restrained but he cares so much that he cannot help himself. This, in turn, shows in the picture that seems to try and reach out and hug the landscape in front of it. In its enthusiasm the picture warps the landscape, meaning that it no longer gives an accurate representation of the terrain in front of it – mirroring the way that Comic Sans embarrasses the formality of the watermark! This is definitely the creation of a Bart Radfucker, someone whose name in this context oozes enthusiasm. This Bart gives it his all, whether its warranted or not, and whether he knows what he’s doing or not.

NinetySevenA: 3/3/3 (9)

This Bart Radfucker has an idea of what he wants to do, he’s just not competent. There is a landscape he wants to show, some sort of park or ruin, and he wants his watermark to be unobtrusive. His idea for this is have the watermark blend in to the landscape, but he goes about this by trying to fit impact font into the middle of the page, then shrinking it down all small. NinetySevenA’s Bart Radfucker is probably the lame runt of the Radfucker family. He got into the arts so he could be cool like the rest of the Radfucker clan, but he just gets it wrong. He has the poorly-done watermark, a bland and inexpressive landscape, and applies a filter to either no particular end or simply in contradiction with the demands of the landscape. I feel bad for this Bart. His parents probably laugh at him. A lot.

WhiteZombi: Omitted because it is unlawful and I don’t want to get sued.

RangerScum: 2/2/4 (8)

This is less of a photograph and more of a masthead. Bart Radfucker gleefully declares “Nature is the poo poo!” while the background photo tells you what Bart thinks nature is. This is his personal site, the sort that would have been on geocities back in the day. The c-marks are his idea of adding character to the title, and he does not notice that it is at the expense of the background picture. For this photographer, “Bart Radfucker” is the affected name of some aging ex-hippie or ex-punk who has had their grandchildren show them how to operate a computer and now they want to share their passion (and old age) with the amorphous and unclear “world wide web.” By designating the background photo as being of Halape Bay, and having the watermark be more recognizable than the picture itself, this Bart Radfucker is also trying to subtly show off all the places they have been.

feigning Interest: 4/2/4 (10)

This Bart Radfucker is a man of little imagination. Where is nature? Well, someone above the houses! In some sense, this Bart seems like a bit of a victim, his suburban upbringing having stunted his imagination. He looks up to the sky for an escape from the infinite suburban malaise. This also explains the gold border: the sky is something great and sacred but he only knows how to convey this in the language of the materialism he hopes to escape. The watermark also shows this dynamic: the future copyright date shows a desire to escape but the most his imagination can accomplish is perverting his name into anime. I didn’t watch that recent James Franco movie, but I bet this Bart Radfucker would have fit right in.

Geektox: 4/5/5 (14)

Bart Radfucker and the blessed fen. This Bart has a reverential view towards nature that extends even to his watermark. “Bart Radfucker” is separated from “nature is the poo poo,” the latter phrase finding itself near the all-powerful, all-blessing Sun. Bart’s name, meanwhile, is found towards the ground. He is abject before the majesty of nature. It’s important to note that this picture seems to be taken some time towards late fall, with most of the leaves on the trees having died. Despite this November climate, nature is still this brilliant force of life and light, animating all around it, even the abject dirt in which Bart finds himself. This Bart is an optimistic: no matter the misery in which you find yourself, nature is there as a blessing to animate you and bring beauty into your life. “Nature is the poo poo” then takes on a double meaning. Now only is nature great, but it is very specifically poo poo. Nature is poo poo and we are poo poo. Accordingly, we are one with nature in all its majesty.

Bob Socko: 4/2/4 (10)

This is simply an inferior, literal version of Geektox’s picture. This Bart thinks he is smart, but he is not. He is defined by his bitterness. The sunny day is ignored to focus on literal poo poo. He purposefully defaces the picture with the watermark. The fence in the background shows that this Bart is literally trapped by the suburban walls. Maybe this is feigning Interest’s Bart Radfucker two decades later, his Luke Skywalker optimism and imagination squashed by a failure to escape. He is no longer naïve and hopeful, but broken and bitter. This is a man aware of the vices his life has thrust upon him, but instead of trying to overcome them he wallows in them and becomes unsympathetic. Really, he could use an injection of Geektox’s Bart. That might help him.

*(unfrozen) pond bonus

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
So who lost? (Besides the street thread).

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I like this hockey mod. Soundmonkey can we keep him?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Holy schnikes, I'm a 20% better photographer than MrBlandAverage. That's solid, I'm happy with the result.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Musket posted:

So who lost?
Everyone

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

I like this hockey mod. Soundmonkey can we keep him?

Maybe, if you promise to change his litter every day.

Also there is one more judge, and then me, to weigh in some time tomorrow.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Hand Knit posted:

Here is my thoroughly detailed review. While I was limited by the official scoring method, I do feel like everything I wrote is true and accurate in the manner prescribed by Rhonda Byrne.

:words:

:eyepop:

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

best post not about me supers or cats in the forum

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
For submission to the TasteMakers:

img_0018 by barfish, on Flickr

img_0001 by barfish, on Flickr

img_0012 by barfish, on Flickr

StarkingBarfish fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Sep 24, 2014

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

Taste this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
im in the lead

:butt: