Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

A system which is working as intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/cannon-brawl-borderlands-the-pre-sequel-fenix-rage/2300-6421470/

Borderlands Presequel - check out gameplay around 46 mins in. The devs commented on how they find the gravity jumps to be great and allows the game to break out of BL2's cover shooting mechanics and be more up close and personal.

Apparently the scaling should be more BL1 style for the increased difficulties, so I'm kinda pumped.

Oh yeah and apparently all the people on the Moon are space Australians.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Three Euro Truck Simulator 2 DLCS are NINE CENTS EACH right now for the next 13 hours!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/297793
http://store.steampowered.com/app/297792
http://store.steampowered.com/app/297791

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
So I made a steam curator page for the play-group I run: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Spacedad#curation

If anyone is interested in helping add curator recommendations to the page for the hell of it, join the group and give me a buzz. http://steamcommunity.com/id/spacedad

Edit:

Anyone who joins the group can now add curation reccomendations to it. If you're interested in loving around with this feature and also getting together with people in the group for multiplayer steam games, join up the public group. :v: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Spacedad

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 24, 2014

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug

Ragequit posted:

Just played an hour of gauntlet with Kragger. Had a great time. We really only tried two classes, but it's apparent each has strengths and weaknesses. He could really clear out large groups of weaker enemies with shield throw, where my warrior whirlwind was more for damage at a close range. Especially cleave - I was able to take out monster summon shrines in a hurry with that.

I really look forward to getting more relics, as the two I have picked up have been very useful so far. You can have two relics equipped at a time, but they apparently share a cooldown which is a bummer.

A+ would destroy food again.

Yeah, was super fun. Sort of wish the gold was split in co-op (I think it's not according to the stats at the end of each level), but the gameplay is excellent. Also wish it had voice chat.

Tezzeract posted:

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/cannon-brawl-borderlands-the-pre-sequel-fenix-rage/2300-6421470/

Borderlands Presequel - check out gameplay around 46 mins in. The devs commented on how they find the gravity jumps to be great and allows the game to break out of BL2's cover shooting mechanics and be more up close and personal.

Apparently the scaling should be more BL1 style for the increased difficulties, so I'm kinda pumped.

Oh yeah and apparently all the people on the Moon are space Australians.

Looking forward to it as well. Pretty sure we played some Co-op in BL2, so we can hook up on this one as well.
I'll probably not notice the Aussie accents with my wife being Aussie.

EDIT VVV Maybe the score for gold collected varies, but it's split for the vendor guy. Either way, can see lots of hours in this one. VVV

Kragger99 fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Sep 24, 2014

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Kragger99 posted:

Yeah, was super fun. Sort of wish the gold was split in co-op (I think it's not according to the stats at the end of each level), but the gameplay is excellent. Also wish it had voice chat.

We ended up with nearly the exact same amount of gold, so either it was a crazy coincidence or it's split to some degree. I was pretty sure I saw my total go up when you grabbed things, but I'll have to keep a closer eye on it next time.

I only lost sight of my character once when I got mixed up with the valkyrie. Apart from that, the art direction is great and it's very easy to tell what's going on amidst all the action. I can't recommend this game enough, especially if you can grab it from GMG for $12.

Now to give Gas Guzzlers a shot in co-op.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ragequit posted:

We ended up with nearly the exact same amount of gold, so either it was a crazy coincidence or it's split to some degree. I was pretty sure I saw my total go up when you grabbed things, but I'll have to keep a closer eye on it next time.

Were you guys playing on Normal or Hard? I just got done with a 4-player session with some buds and that game does not gently caress around on Hard. You don't even get the super-long mercy resurrections on Hard; if you run out of coins, gently caress you.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Quest For Glory II posted:

I just finished Only If. what in the gently caress did I just play :stare:

(also why does it have a random anime painting)

I liked some of this quite a lot, particularly the voice direction. Other parts I thought were pretty terrible, like the stealth/hiding section. Overall, given the game was free, I'm pretty happy I played it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Gauntlet is preeeettty much pointless if you don't have friends to co-op with, right?

(Goonfriends don't count, that just gets awkward for me because I am hopeless)

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost

animatorZed posted:

Its an extra step, but maybe try using x360ce? It more or less has predefined mappings to make any common controller show up as an 360 controller, so you can just have it automatically grab the right mappings for that controller without having to do it yourself.
https://code.google.com/p/x360ce/downloads/list

This worked pretty well back when I mostly used a ps2 controller with a usb converter.

Thanks for this tip, this emulator gets the Logitech controller working.
No option for remapping the buttons though, and the default setups seems a little awkward, especially the wizard with his multitude of different spells.

but at least it's working for me now.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Brackhar posted:

I liked some of this quite a lot, particularly the voice direction. Other parts I thought were pretty terrible, like the stealth/hiding section. Overall, given the game was free, I'm pretty happy I played it.
Yeah they could have charged a few dollars for it, I thought. But they really need to tweak it, like normalizing the audio, having basic visual settings (i always have to boost gamma for games on this monitor).

Also I like far cry 3 more than blood dragon. Sorry haters

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Dominic White posted:

I mean the original Sleeping Dogs. It used to be called True Crime: Hong Kong, and it was published by Activision. The publisher canned it very late in develoment, and it was a big surprise at the time when Square picked it up and let them finish and release it.
Yes and no and kinda.
Luxoflux, makers of True Crime LA and New York, were making a new True Crime until Activision closed them up (and some other devs) in 2010.
Back in 2007, Before Activision shut up Luxoflux, they went to the newly made United Front Game to make an open-world game. The idea was the same, undercover cop in a criminal organization, they called it Black Lotus.
In 2009 Activision slapped the True Crime name on it thinking it would get the game more sales.
In 2011 Activision dropped the game for 'quality' reasons.
Square swooped in and picked up the game, they didn't pick up the True Crime name with it though so they renamed it Sleeping Dogs, the game releasing next year.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

Gauntlet is preeeettty much pointless if you don't have friends to co-op with, right?

(Goonfriends don't count, that just gets awkward for me because I am hopeless)

Hello friend: http://steamcommunity.com/id/spacedad

PS - goonfriends DO count and they are fantastic to play this game online with. :coffeepal:

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Sep 24, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Marsupial Fish posted:

No option for remapping the buttons though, and the default setups seems a little awkward, especially the wizard with his multitude of different spells.

You can remap using X360ce, rather than ingame.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Spacedad posted:

PS - goonfriends DO count and they are fantastic to play this game online with. :coffeepal:
Goonfriends are cool, you just gotta find your Goonmate. It's a lot easier than wading through Pubbies to find a Cool Dude.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

Spacedad posted:

Hello friend: http://steamcommunity.com/id/spacedad

If a) they have a controller instead of a keyboard, and b) have a better internet connection than I did tonight.

Thanks for putting up with me.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

JFC posted:

If a) they have a controller instead of a keyboard, and b) have a better internet connection than I did tonight.

Thanks for putting up with me.

No worries. We let you cap golds so you could get at least your first relic. So you can magic it up with warrior when things are working, yay!

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Spacedad posted:

This is very much true, my regular group of people I play with over the last ~4years are pretty much 80% goons.
(Most of my IRL friends refuse to play with me ever since the mario kart massacre of 2010 :shepface:)

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Dear forums poster Freak Futanari, there's only one "n" when used as a form of address with "san" :eng101:

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I know it is not a Steam game, but I want everyone else to also enjoy the schadenfreude.

PGI (makers of the dreadful MechWarrior: Online) are trying to make their own Star Citizen. Look at the funding bar.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Azran posted:

I know it is not a Steam game, but I want everyone else to also enjoy the schadenfreude.

PGI (makers of the dreadful MechWarrior: Online) are trying to make their own Star Citizen. Look at the funding bar.

Every time I remember that these loving idiots made "you can fly your spaceships" be the second funding tier (1 million dollars) I smile just a little.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Azran posted:

I've never seen gamers turn on something as fast as they turned on MW:O. That game was crazy popular in the beta and the Goon Clan was huge, and all indications were that it was a drat fun game, then suddenly PGI did a complete 180 and ruined the game, proceed to ban everyone complaining about it, then got their reddit subforum shut down for being blatant shills and banning anyone who complained.

Unbalanced
Sep 29, 2005

Azran posted:

Either they really don't want to make this game and just want people to throw some money at them, or they are breathtakingly stupid. Perhaps both.

Or it's a joke. It's a joke, right? It has to be a joke. It has to be.

Unbalanced fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Sep 24, 2014

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Tezzeract posted:

If that's the case I'll get it. The garbage loot drop rates and not getting enough skill points to do anything until level 25 problems will still be there but those can be fixed with cheatengine and gibbed's inevitable save editor; the scaling on higher difficulties is the one thing you can't fix in BL2.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Sep 24, 2014

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Update from my questions yesterday about in-home streaming, if anyone cares:

Ok, so that was awesome. My wife has an ATI Radeon 5570, I have an nVidia GT120 in my 2010 Mac Pro. Not that that really matters, but hey, it's what I have. We're both wired in to the same network, so I logged on to my account on Steam on her PC* and Steam on my mac immediately noticed and updated my library to show a bunch of PC games 'installed' (i.e. - not greyed out). Before trying anything, however, I went into the settings for in-home streaming and made it so 720p was the maximum resolution, just so I could, for the moment, minimize stuttering and framerate drops. Clicked on the option for the hardware acceleration or whatever, and that was that. I also think I chose to give this network priority.

Clicked 'Stream' on Skyrim on my Mac, and aside from it telling me that I had to go to the host PC to go through a game-specific dialog box (the graphical settings options, before the official Skyrim menu. I set everything to Medium, again just for testing purposes), it worked like a charm! Granted, it looked like an ok-ish Youtube video gone fullscreen with artifacting happening when there was a lot of motion, but hey, I'm far from a graphical snob. The game itself looked as good if not better than when I play it on my 360, so I was happy, and the input delay was minimal. The only issue I say I had was perhaps with dealing with when I'm alt-tabbed out to the Steam overlay. Sometimes, my clicks didn't register or the pointer would be off by 5-10px, vertically. I don't know why, but it was. I actually spent the majority of the time chatting with an old friend but I got a fair bit of gameplay in. Tonight or tomorrow, I'll up everything to 1080p, and see how it works out.

On an entertaining note, I had NO idea my wife had, years ago, installed the Macho Man mod. I've seen it before, but jesus christ, I wasn't expecting that. Due to having a newborn, my sound was off, so I wasn't warned it was happening with an 'OOOOHH YEAAAHH' off in the distance, I just was greeted with the ugliest, literally-bearded dragon I've ever seen open its mouth and spew fire from atop of a tower in Helgen. My laughing almost woke my son up.

*I've done this before, but it still emailed me a verification code that I had to use, how can I make her system a bona-fide trusted-until-I-say-otherwise machine?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

lordfrikk posted:

Dear forums poster Freak Futanari, there's only one "n" when used as a form of address with "san" :eng101:

Thank you. I appreciate the fact that some people on this forum are able to give helpful and polite constructive criticism without resorting to slurs like "homo" or "crap posting".

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Free DLC for Defence Grid 2.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Marsupial Fish posted:

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but you do have the toggle switch on the back of the controller set to 'xInput' and not 'DirectInput', right? If the set to the former, you shouldn't need x360ce; there shouldn't be any games that 'specifically' check for the 360 controller, that's not even part of the API so they'd have to go out of their way to do something like this, which is unlikely.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

CJacobs posted:

Every time I remember that these loving idiots made "you can fly your spaceships" be the second funding tier (1 million dollars) I smile just a little.
So if they were only able to get $500,000, what exactly would they make? Would the alpha just be a screensaver?

pentyne posted:

I've never seen gamers turn on something as fast as they turned on MW:O. That game was crazy popular in the beta and the Goon Clan was huge, and all indications were that it was a drat fun game, then suddenly PGI did a complete 180 and ruined the game, proceed to ban everyone complaining about it, then got their reddit subforum shut down for being blatant shills and banning anyone who complained.
What changed to make the game so horrible?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Max Wilco posted:

What changed to make the game so horrible?
Every time PGI need to balance one item instead of adjusting the existing values they introduce half a dozen hidden variables and formulas all over the board breaking the entire system and failing to fix the original problem. Then they ban everyone who complains.

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

bonds0097 posted:

Perhaps this is a dumb question, but you do have the toggle switch on the back of the controller set to 'xInput' and not 'DirectInput', right? If the set to the former, you shouldn't need x360ce; there shouldn't be any games that 'specifically' check for the 360 controller, that's not even part of the API so they'd have to go out of their way to do something like this, which is unlikely.
And yet Assassin's Creed 2, Dead Rising 2, Splinter Cell: Conviction and Deadpool all did just that when they came out.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Gauntlet - Champions Crown DLC

http://gauntlet.quikquiz.es/

Just answer the quiz to get the steam key

Answers:
1) 1985
2) Morak
3) 9
4) Mason (Warrior)
5) Rob (Elf)

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

RE: Gauntlet Gold-

As far as I can tell, the gold is completely shared (denoted by the total at the top of the screen) but the "points" you get at the end for gold are determined by what you picked up-and maybe you get a bonus for having more points?

Anyway, Gauntlet is awesome, but I feel like it could use a couple of QOL type of stuff...like allowing two people to be the same class? Especially because nothing transfers between classes so if you suddenly find yourself in a game with another Barbarian you have to start over or not play with that friend. I also think the Wizard is a bit busy compared to other classes but that probably comes down to practice because half the session I was just like "gently caress, how did I make chain lightning? What the gently caress was my teleport spell? WHERE IS THE GODDAMN FROST ORB!?"

Real fun though.

Humerus fucked around with this message at 14:11 on Sep 24, 2014

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Humerus posted:

I also think the Wizard is a bit busy compared to other classes but that probably comes down to practice because half the session I was just like "gently caress, how did I make chain lightning? What the gently caress was my teleport spell? WHERE IS THE GODDAMN FROST ORB!?"

That does come with practice and remembering the workings of stuff. Like, lightning/lightning is an orb (of sorts), so cold/lightning is Frost Orb (cold damage, lightning "shaped"). Conversely, cold/cold is a beam, so lightning/cold is a lightning beam (Chain Lightning).

This gets a little clumsier with X/fire (all close-range CC/damage effects), but it's close enough for me at least.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yo, just created a Gauntlet thread. The OP is pretty barebones for the moment, but I plan to expand it as we consolidate information in the game. I've also created a Steam group to organize play.

DoctorOfLawls
Mar 2, 2001

SA's Brazilian Diplomat
I know all of us are still complaining about the new store design and awful recommendation system, but one thing I noticed is how much faster the Steam client seems to be compared to the slog that we were used to.

Maybe someday profiles will be useful too.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Echoing the sentiment on Gauntlet. The game is better than it has any right to be.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
After thinking about my options, the new Civ, Endless Legend and Age of Wonders 3, I got AoW. This is a great loving game for 4X fans. Unlike Civ 5, it doesn't make me hate myself whenever there's a huge war going on! I will say it is not as pretty as Endless Legend and its fancy UI, but it is a really solid game.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

pentyne posted:

PGI are blaming their publisher, IGP, whom they parted company with (allegedly, their name is still over everything). People haven't been entirely placated by this, so they're offering a couple of Mechs and altering a value that they should have changed a couple of years back.

The transverse subreddit was the one they tried to control, and it got taken off them for being overly commercial and trying to control a message that....generally wasn't good.

You missed the point that they were banning people from the mwomercs forums for poo poo they said _elsewhere on the internet_. The community manager, Niko tends to work on the basis of being infallible and bending the needles on kneejerk reactions. They also tried to crack on that they were being 'bullied' by Goons without realizing that we're also many of the founders.

Nobody cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Hav posted:

PGI are blaming their publisher, IGP, whom they parted company with (allegedly, their name is still over everything). People haven't been entirely placated by this, so they're offering a couple of Mechs and altering a value that they should have changed a couple of years back.

The transverse subreddit was the one they tried to control, and it got taken off them for being overly commercial and trying to control a message that....generally wasn't good.

You missed the point that they were banning people from the mwomercs forums for poo poo they said _elsewhere on the internet_. The community manager, Niko tends to work on the basis of being infallible and bending the needles on kneejerk reactions. They also tried to crack on that they were being 'bullied' by Goons without realizing that we're also many of the founders.

Nobody cares.

Wow yeah cool stuff about a lovely game that nobody really cares about.

• Locked thread