Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Hav posted:

Nobody cares.

Trolling is generally frowned upon here, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Azran posted:

After thinking about my options, the new Civ, Endless Legend and Age of Wonders 3, I got AoW. This is a great loving game for 4X fans. Unlike Civ 5, it doesn't make me hate myself whenever there's a huge war going on! I will say it is not as pretty as Endless Legend and its fancy UI, but it is a really solid game.

You made a wise choice.

AOW 3 is the best of the group for conquering and adventuring. The tactical combat is really fun and I love the spell and hero systems. City management is very streamlined (not a bad thing.) Unfortunately diplomacy is a bit weak and I hope future expansions or patches build on it. On that note Golden Realms is really worth the asking price.

Legend is really deep when it comes to the empire management side and each of its factions are really unique in how they interact with the different strategic layers (economy, diplomacy, etc.)

I'm hoping Beyond Earth turns our good but it's very hard to tell at this point.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So I bought Gauntlet, picked Valkyrie, and died three times in the first dungeon.

Working as intended.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Do Valkyries get stronger when they die or something, or is it just a joke character class?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Drifter posted:

Do Valkyries get stronger when they die or something, or is it just a joke character class?

That's not how Valkyries work at all. Also they have Captain America shield throw so they're immediately the best class.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Drifter posted:

All characters get some bonus if they die enough. But they're pretty good when you're playing a wizard and they block monsters so you can take out the spawners quickly.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Hav posted:

PGI are blaming their publisher, IGP

It's really funny to me that their publisher's name are the exact same three letters just backwards. There's just no way that's not intentional, right? All I can imagine is cartoon evil corporation thinking no one will realize.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Counter Strike Nexon: Zombies is amazing and a serious contender for the new big dog of the F2PFPS market.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Counter Strike Nexon: Zombies is amazing and a serious contender for the new big dog of the F2PFPS market.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The word "Kill" flashes on your screen for a split second everytime you own a zombie like some sort of creepypasta story. You can be a sexy zombie, play soccer, be enslaved by the zombies, and also turn into a gigantic Yeti. Not to mention the brutal Bazooka battle map. And that's only like four of the ten gamemodes. What's not to love?

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The word "Kill" flashes on your screen for a split second everytime you own a zombie like some sort of creepypasta story. You can be a sexy zombie, play soccer, be enslaved by the zombies, and also turn into a gigantic Yeti. Not to mention the brutal Bazooka battle map. And that's only like four of the ten gamemodes. What's not to love?

I can be a sexy zombie? :swoon:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Brackhar posted:

I can be a sexy zombie? :swoon:

Picture courtesy of some cool Russian dude on the hub.

There's also sexy terrorist and counter terrorist skins but alas you cannot unlock them yet.

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!

Hav posted:

Nobody cares.

I care.

About Freak Futanari, I mean. Not anything else.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

:nyoron:

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

lordfrikk posted:

It's really funny to me that their publisher's name are the exact same three letters just backwards. There's just no way that's not intentional, right? All I can imagine is cartoon evil corporation thinking no one will realize.
Which one has the small beard?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

lordfrikk posted:

It's something that has occurred to me before, because there's nothing like a sacrificial strawman to base your *new way forward* around. Considering how hard they were pushing that in the immediate aftermath of the Transverse announcement, the fact that they haven't ripped IGP out of the EULA or any of the legal documentation makes me think ~shenanigans~.

Pure conspiracy theory at the moment.

Mung Dynasty posted:

About Freak Futanari, I mean. Not anything else.

That's nice. You want to start a thread up for mutual support somewhere? I promise not to go anywhere near it.

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
I'm wondering if I can get a reccomendation.

I used to play this game called "F/A-18 Korea" for the mac. Basically it was an incredible modern combat flight simulator with a really really easy to use mission creator. It had a few GIANT maps as well. In addition it had a GIANT selection of bombs and missiles, like at least 5 kinds for each situation (even tactical nukes). The only shortcoming was the fact that you could only fly the FA-18 and it wasn't a big deal anyways.

So are there any modern combat flight Simulators (sorry ace combat) with easy to use mission creators? This one was like "Set starting location either in the Air or at a base. Place units, set their starting height and then waypoints and behaviors during their journey, then set some kind of goal like bombing a city, interception or something like that. Then land at some base.". It was very nontechnical and very user friendly while retaining incredible flexibility.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Oh quit it with the bitchy slapfights already.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

quote:

Main menu is always in 1024x768 and will mess up your windows' placecements no matter what

Yeah I don't care how kawaii the zombies are, I'm not touching a game that's going to gently caress up my desktop icons. That's like one of my biggest pet peeves and why I used to dread installing new Nvidia drivers.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's not mentioned anywhere but Valve games are on sale right now. The Complete Pack is $25 and Portal 2 is $5 if you've been waiting for some reason.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Does the Valve Complete Pack give gift copies of games you already own? Because if someone buys it and ends up with a spare copy of CS:GO i'd gladly buy it from them, since it's not on sale individually.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

Does the Valve Complete Pack give gift copies of games you already own? Because if someone buys it and ends up with a spare copy of CS:GO i'd gladly buy it from them, since it's not on sale individually.

Some, but not CS:GO, apparently.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Ah, dang. I guess i misremembered how that worked then.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Well NeocoreGames, if your plan was to send a 50% coupon for Van Helsing 2 Complete to people who only own the first Van Helsing in some desperate attempt at getting people to buy it even though they have no immediate plans in playing it...

...mission accomplished :negative:

You might have just gotten a 50% coupon for Van Helsing 2 if you're like me, by the way.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

anyone want my van helsing 2 coupon?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

NeoSeeker posted:

I'm wondering if I can get a reccomendation.

I used to play this game called "F/A-18 Korea" for the mac. Basically it was an incredible modern combat flight simulator with a really really easy to use mission creator. It had a few GIANT maps as well. In addition it had a GIANT selection of bombs and missiles, like at least 5 kinds for each situation (even tactical nukes). The only shortcoming was the fact that you could only fly the FA-18 and it wasn't a big deal anyways.

So are there any modern combat flight Simulators (sorry ace combat) with easy to use mission creators? This one was like "Set starting location either in the Air or at a base. Place units, set their starting height and then waypoints and behaviors during their journey, then set some kind of goal like bombing a city, interception or something like that. Then land at some base.". It was very nontechnical and very user friendly while retaining incredible flexibility.

I think Falcon 4.0 (and all of its mods) has this. It's a pretty old game though. Ask in the DCS thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3633891

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Terminally Bored posted:

I think Falcon 4.0 (and all of its mods) has this. It's a pretty old game though. Ask in the DCS thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3633891

It does. The problem is that, depending on the platform, F4.0 has some pretty significant bugs (read: radar suddenly stops updating…).

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Nuuvem has Wasteland 2 for $27.75 USD in case you thought $40 was too much for a Isometric Turn-Based RPG.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Does anyone want a 50% coupon for Paydaddy 2, Hotline Miami, or Nidhogg?

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
Steam Marines any good? It looks a bit different from when I last tried it but that was all the way back in alpha.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012
Just got linked this by a friend, and it doesn't seem to have been posted yet. If any of you want your Steam Curators curated for you, you need look no further!

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

How are the Van Helsing games anyway? I picked up the first one as part of a bundle and got a coupon for the second one but haven't started either yet. How do they compare to say, Diablo 3, Path of Exile or Torchlight 2?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Anyone tried Fenix Rage here? It has glowing reviews so far, but no demo.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I'd say that it's pretty comparable to Diablo 2, but with a ton more weak enemies per encounter. You also have a ghostly sidekick who banters with you. The maps are fixed though, not randomly generated.

Moryrie
Sep 24, 2012
The steam queue really needs a bigger list of tags to block. Being able to block early access and software is nice, but I'd like to block everything labeled as F2P, or MMO.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
The coupon is for a "Van Helsing II Complete Pack". Is there more DLC in the works?

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Mr. Fortitude posted:

How are the Van Helsing games anyway? I picked up the first one as part of a bundle and got a coupon for the second one but haven't started either yet. How do they compare to say, Diablo 3, Path of Exile or Torchlight 2?

I only played the first one but it felt pretty shallow compared to D3, especially the skill system. It isn't a bad game at all, but I'd rather play D3.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Mr. Fortitude posted:

It's kind of a wordy thing. The entertainment isn't as much from the ARPG bits as it is the cool ghost companion. It's neat, but I probably wouldn't bother if you just want an ARPG - there's better games of the genre out there if you're into the mechanics. I'd say it's worth the price, but having seen it through I'd go back to Diablo 3 or PoE for my ARPG fix.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Having just bought the second one I can only compare things to the first but that one basically a smaller Torchlight 2. Very similar, actually. It's not mind-blowing and won't receive the ongoing support and expansion of Diablo 3 but if you're just looking to play through a game with few characters and not worry about getting better and better gear all the time it was pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Magic Underwear posted:

I only played the first one but it felt pretty shallow compared to D3, especially the skill system. It isn't a bad game at all, but I'd rather play D3.

It's by far the best ARPG on the market due to Blizzard's post-release commitment.

Before the expansion, D3 was a mediocre 15 hour experience where you beat the story and just stop. The adventure mode in ROS just adds so much longevity and Blizzard is doing a great job supporting the post level cap game. And if current trends hold up, the game will get even better.

• Locked thread