Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

JordanKai posted:

Hey Eurogoons, guess what just got added to the Club Nintendo star catalogue:

It includes all 46 tracks. Only 2000 star points, too! Get 'em while they're still hot! :dance:

Seriously, why doesn't NoA EVER offer anything good at all?

I shamefully admit I listen to youtube rips of these songs when I'm writing/doing work so this is a gut punch to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

We did get those gold nunchuk controllers and sweet 3DS game cases. Those were pretty great.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
There's no general Nintendo thread, so this will have to do:

Happy 125th birthday, Nintendo! Nintendo was founded on this day in 1889.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I shamefully admit I listen to youtube rips of these songs when I'm writing/doing work so this is a gut punch to me.

You get free games every month

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Shelf Adventure posted:

You get free games every month

That isn't universal?

(I still somewhat stand by that statement as glancing at it they're still offering wii games for some reason and mostly NES stuff)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

njsykora posted:

I did all my outstanding surveys and have 1100. I blew a lot of my hoard on the 3D World soundtrack a few months ago.

I got the 3D World soundtrack and still had 4800 points left :smug:

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Mario Kart 8 "B Dasher" will be included in the first DLC (the Link DLC):

Joystiq posted:

American gamers haven't seen the aerodynamic B Dasher kart since its debut in Mario Kart DS, but that's about to change thanks to Nintendo's burgeoning Mario Kart 8 DLC plans.

"The quick B Dasher kart returns in Mario Kart 8 and will be in the 1st DLC pack," reads a tweet from Nintendo of America. Beyond that details are scant, but it appears the "1st DLC pack" the tweet is referring to is the game's upcoming Legend of Zelda-themed DLC. That pack, which is slated for launch in November, also includes three new characters (Link, Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach) alongside eight additional race tracks and four new vehicles. It's priced at $8, though fans can purchase the DLC as well as a second, similarly immense DLC pack scheduled for release in May 2015 for $12.

Though the B Dasher has most frequently been seen alongside Mario - the duo even grace the cover of Mario Kart DS - as you can see in the above screenshot, Mario Kart 8 will allow any character to take the B Dasher for a spin. Just keep an eye out for low-flying blue shells.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That isn't universal?

(I still somewhat stand by that statement as glancing at it they're still offering wii games for some reason and mostly NES stuff)

The only digital rewards on the PAL Club are eShop cards for an insultingly low conversion rate: 2000 Stars, which is about 8 games worth, would give you 5€ in eShop credit, which is the price of a single regular NES game here. Except you can't buy those anyways, because the credit only works on Wii/DSi. Because Nintendo.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

That isn't universal?

Nope, Europe and Australia don't get the monthly game rotation and nor do we get the yearly platinum gold status prizes.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Shelf Adventure posted:

Nope, Europe and Australia don't get the monthly game rotation and nor do we get the yearly platinum gold status prizes.

Oh crap, then people really need to stop complaining about "all of the cool stuff" the Euro store gets. I would pick a monthly changing stock of b-rated VC games over some piece of junk merchandise that's just going to get tossed in my next move.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Katana Gomai posted:

The only digital rewards on the PAL Club are eShop cards for an insultingly low conversion rate: 2000 Stars, which is about 8 games worth, would give you 5€ in eShop credit, which is the price of a single regular NES game here. Except you can't buy those anyways, because the credit only works on Wii/DSi. Because Nintendo.

That's horribly obscene.

Makes a little more sense to me now but still :argh: over not getting sweet soundtracks and the like.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem

IGN posted:

"American gamers haven't seen the aerodynamic B Dasher kart since its debut in Mario Kart DS ... Though the B Dasher has most frequently been seen alongside Mario - the duo even grace the cover of Mario Kart DS - as you can see in the above screenshot, Mario Kart 8 will allow any character to take the B Dasher for a spin."

Huh? That kart was one of the unlockable ones in Mario Kart 7, I remember driving it all the time in my Mii. Gaming journalism not doing research??? Unthinkable!

I mean I guess the MK7 one had a different name in the States for whatever reason but it's definitely the same car, IGN is crazy

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Whoever decided that motion tilt controls should be in New Mario Bros Wii should be shot.

That is all.

World 7, Tower. Have to use the wonders of lovely tilt controls to navigate a hilariously slow platform vertically through a goddamn maze of bob omb cannons. The only level I superguided after losing a solid twenty lives on the section. And of course, there's a loving star coin right at the end that requires some superhuman finesse.

gently caress motion controls, again and again.

So glad to see the Wii U largely moving away from such gimmicky poo poo.

Narcissus1916 fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 23, 2014

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

NSMBU has a tilt section too but it's very brief and you can use shoulder buttons instead if you're using a Pro controller.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Kurtofan posted:

You probably shouldn't be that smug about spending that much on Nintendo stuff.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Narcissus1916 posted:

Whoever decided that motion tilt controls should be in New Mario Bros Wii should be shot.

That is all.

World 7, Tower. Have to use the wonders of lovely tilt controls to navigate a hilariously slow platform vertically through a goddamn maze of bob omb cannons. The only level I superguided after losing a solid twenty lives on the section. And of course, there's a loving star coin right at the end that requires some superhuman finesse.

gently caress motion controls, again and again.

So glad to see the Wii U largely moving away from such gimmicky poo poo.

That is the one stage in NSMBW that I died on enough to get the super guide block to appear, because of that loving star coin.

It turns out that, even if you don't actually use the block, you disqualify yourself from getting all the save file stars if it shows up.

TheRam
Jan 15, 2009

What do you mean 'no performing monkeys'?

Kurtofan posted:

I got the Mushroom Kingdom statue and the Yoshi Plush.

I took my own picture but my USB cable appears to be borked!

axleblaze posted:

You probably shouldn't be that smug about spending that much on Nintendo stuff.

*cough* I pooled my resources with m'lady...

edit: I would rather get like, Shovel Knight at release and those other ones too...

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Europe still doesn't have Ittle Dew on the eShop either. :(

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

You know what's going to be on the eshop though?

Meme run

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Meme run

This might be the worst game I've ever seen and I regularly try out demos on xblig. Binding of Isaac is too offensive to appear on the eshop but this assault on all that is good is fine I guess.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Meme run

I feel dumber for having clicked that link.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Well we knew that when they opened up eShop publishing and made it more accessible for the little guys that we would inevitably get stuck with poo poo like this and the letter.

Do sort of wished NOA or Nintendo in general would hire someone to check out the stuff they approve and shutdown the really crappy half arsed i0S grade stuff though.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Speaking of eshop, I've been playing Teslagrad on WiiU, I'm a few bosses in and I think I've collected my thoughts on the game
Overall, I like it. I really like the atmosphere, and it delivers pretty well as a metroidvania- acquiring new powers to allow you access to new areas without spelling out what to do or where to go.
There's not much focus on combat, it's more about interacting with the environment or just avoiding enemies... at least as far as I've gotten.

The gameplay is a little rough though, but only a little rough. It's hard to say exactly what feels slightly off about the jumping, I think it might be using the same kinda physics as the magnetic blocks you interact with. I've also occasionally got caught on some questionable collision masks, and the framerate gets a bit choppy when it's loading up some of the bigger rooms.

I'm enjoying it and I'm pretty sure I'll play it through to the end, but I feel like with a bit more polish it could be a favourite for a lot of people

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Meme run

so who's the goon that made this

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Meme run

Hey, at least it runs at 60FPS. What is the eshop on the Wii U like, anyway?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Meme run

This took 2 years off of my life

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Penpal posted:

What is the eshop on the Wii U like, anyway?

It's okay. There's a decent selection of indie stuff, a smattering of crap like Meme Run and a big list of games that are supposed to come out but never do.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's okay. There's a decent selection of indie stuff, a smattering of crap like Meme Run and a big list of games that are supposed to come out but never do.

Wait, that's real?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Chronojam posted:

Wait, that's real?

It's real, yes. It's not actually available and probably won't ever be due to all the copyright infringements but the developer has already released games for Wii U and is/was serious about releasing Meme Run.

There are a bunch of bad XBLIG-tier developers on Wii U and some of them manage to scrape out profit by just releasing games regularly and talking to all his customers of Miiverse, believe it or not. Any other marketplace and they'd be drowned out by a million other games but the Wii U is so starved for regular releases that these sorts of games can find an audience here.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

So uh, how many here are devoted/crazy enough to get that limited edition Hyrule Warriors from Nintendo World?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Thanks to those who commiserated with me over the annoying Bob-omb tilt platform in New Super Mario Wii. Finally slayed that particular beast last night, and moved on to the fan hack (that doesn't require any modding) Newer Super Mario Bros.

It is goddamn fantastic, with level design and polish that rivals Nintendo's best. Absolutely a must play if you're a fan of the 2d Marios.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

iastudent posted:

So uh, how many here are devoted/crazy enough to get that limited edition Hyrule Warriors from Nintendo World?

I'm stocking up on them and going to sell them at 100% profit.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

noirstronaut posted:

I'm stocking up on them and going to sell them at 100% profit.

You're a piece of poo poo.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

elf help book posted:

You're a piece of poo poo.
I don't think you needed to quote any particular post of his for that.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

RyokoTK posted:

That is the one stage in NSMBW that I died on enough to get the super guide block to appear, because of that loving star coin.

It turns out that, even if you don't actually use the block, you disqualify yourself from getting all the save file stars if it shows up.

They're a lot less stringent on the requirements in SM3DW (and I think NSMBU). You can "re-earn" your shiny stars if you use the block by going back and beating the level legit.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

On NA Club Nintendo: the Bayonetta intend to buy survey is up for an extra 10 points. I'm not intending to buy it right away, but hopefully someone can use the 10 points.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Zonekeeper posted:

They're a lot less stringent on the requirements in SM3DW (and I think NSMBU). You can "re-earn" your shiny stars if you use the block by going back and beating the level legit.

I have never used the super guide in any Mario game that has had them. :colbert:

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Fritzler posted:

On NA Club Nintendo: the Bayonetta intend to buy survey is up for an extra 10 points. I'm not intending to buy it right away, but hopefully someone can use the 10 points.

But not for the download version, unless they don't intend to do a differentiation this time

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Using the super guide for any game when you're not literally a child is loving shameful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Austrian mook posted:

Using the super guide for any game when you're not literally a child is loving shameful.

I beat Ninja Gaiden 2 on the NES when I was 8.

• Locked thread