Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Nibble posted:

Yeah, this. I know it's 3 life instead of 1, but there's a reason Caustic Tar costs you six mana and a card to have a land deal repeatable damage. Keldon Megaliths is a good idea of what it takes to get a pinging land (ETB tapped, mana to activate, requires an empty hand).

I am only just now realizing that Caustic Tar isn't a Contaminated Ground variant. Man, I should've played that in my draft deck :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Angry Grimace posted:

I always liked the fan-theory that the Lithomancer is Stoneforge Mystic.

Is it just me, or does Stoneforge Mystic look like Imogen Heap?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

LordSaturn posted:

I am only just now realizing that Caustic Tar isn't a Contaminated Ground variant. Man, I should've played that in my draft deck :(

Yeah, dude. In some of the grindier matches, I have been able to get Caustic Tar and a living Stab Wound going at the same time. Five life a turn sure kills a dude fast, even if they have the Reset Angel.

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend
For all you Wizard Poker players, Marshall and Jon have reunited for Constructed Resources!

https://www.crcast.com

Whee

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

En Fuego posted:

For all you Wizard Poker players, Marshall and Jon have reunited for Constructed Resources!

Whee

I involuntarily twitch a little bit each time Jon pronounces "aggro" as "egg-ro."

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

Angry Grimace posted:

I involuntarily twitch a little bit each time Jon pronounces "aggro" as "egg-ro."

As a radio personality talking about this, Jon has a great voice for podcasting.

deftest
May 7, 2011

En Fuego posted:

Whee

What news! What magnificent news.

I had worried Jon's return would in some way make LR uncomfortable. Maybe he'd rotate with Brian, or else they'd do threefers. But this! This is the best of all solutions, I think

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Well, if you were looking to buy this product this might be the lowest price you are going to be able to get it in the states for a while.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/deck-tutor-four-card-album

If you are just one of those that have to have your collection looking perfect in the binder.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe I'm a cheapass but a price I'd feel okay with paying for a binder like that is maybe $10, not $25 per. I can't believe the msrp on the ultra pro ones that come out each set too...

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I saw an adventure time binder hanging out with the dragon titties binders the other day and it was $40. Yeah good luck trying to sell that to an 8 year old for his wizard cards instead of the 5 games he can buy on steam

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Not to mention that according to the page it isn't estimated to ship until October 21st. I think I'll pass a two pack this time.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I just find it incredibly silly that ultrapro just hasn't made this yet unless it has some kind of patent.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
A friend of mine who's big into Magic legitly did not understand the appeal of a four-card row binder :psyduck:. I told him that aesthetically it's more pleasing and it displays a play set nicely and it was like I was talking moonspeak to him or something.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
How is that thing supposed to fit in a backpack?

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

mcmagic posted:

How is that thing supposed to fit in a backpack?

Don't have a tiny backpack? I'm really confused by this question. I could fit my current 3 row high binder sideways in my backpack. This is the same height, just wider.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Jesus christ, I just use a regular three-ring office binder I probably got for free filled with pocket-pages that I think cost like a quarter each.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Use a briefcase

edit: mine looks like D-Fens from Falling Down

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Let me know when they come out with 4 x 5 pages so I can show off my playsets of five-card cycles all on the same page. :smaug:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I admit I have a thing about binders with the pages being glued in rather than a standard three ring with removable ones. I'm sure they're fine but part of me just feels like one of those sleeves is gonna rip and welp.

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

Entropic posted:

Jesus christ, I just use a regular three-ring office binder I probably got for free filled with pocket-pages that I think cost like a quarter each.

Yeah but those things have the pocket pages shift when closed and the you get creases from the rings pressing into the cards. I strongly recommend against using these.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

En Fuego posted:

Whee
Is it just me or does Marshall get almost Harvey Fierstein at times with his voice on this podcast?

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Tracula posted:

A friend of mine who's big into Magic legitly did not understand the appeal of a four-card row binder :psyduck:. I told him that aesthetically it's more pleasing and it displays a play set nicely and it was like I was talking moonspeak to him or something.
You don't just shove the whole playset into one sleeve?

*shudder*

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

odiv posted:

*shudder*
Playset? You don't shove more than 6 copies of a card in one sleeve?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

odiv posted:

*shudder*

I do but all of my playsets are Bulk Rares.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Entropic posted:

I don't take my trade binder out very often, but it needs to be organized pretty badly. Its just random poo poo on random pages.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Angry Grimace posted:

I don't take my trade binder out very often, but it needs to be organized pretty badly. Its just random poo poo on random pages.

My stuff isn't all that well organized but I go by this usually:
White
Blue
Black
Red
Green
Artifacts
Gold boarders
Hybrid mana
Lands

It's not a perfect system or even all that well done but it helps to generally know where things are.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I like the tiny 4x4 binders for displaying playsets. Those large ones that display playsets of cards seem like you're just asking for cards to be creased in half if you put the binder in your bag the wrong way.

Edit: They make those side-loading pages for three-ring binders, also. My store sells them. I keep my sub-$5 cards binder organized with them, but gently caress keeping cards organized by color if the pages aren't removable.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

colors alphabetical
guilds alphabetical
wedges alphabetical
clans alphabetical
4/5 color cards
artifacts
lands
tokens and emblems

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

If the monocolored poo poo in your binder isn't WUBRG you can gently caress right off.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
If you sort by colors in anything other than WUBRG order you're a monster.

I think he meant alphabetical within each color though.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I have a page or two for each colour in a set and I have the sets in reverse chronological order. When sets rotate out I just move those pages out of my standard binder.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Entropic posted:

I think he meant alphabetical within each color though.

That seems like a disaster if you want to add that Abzan Ascendancy to your binder and have more than a few pages of gold cards.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
Luckily for me, I don't have enough money cards to store my stuff in anything other than longboxes! :shepface:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

I mean, sometimes I can get really anal about organization, but so far it hasn't really happened. I probably will sit down and start getting the poo poo in some semblance of order soon. I do have hundreds of those empty plastic pages, so I'll probably just try and get a few smaller folders and organize them by set, or at least format.

I am, however, already anal enough to put a perfect fit sleeve on any card worth more than 5 bucks even when its sitting in my binder. This is mostly a holdover from back in the old days when white-bordered card were still around because they would get dirty even sitting in binders and sleeves because the white borders show dirt and dust so easily and it would bother the gently caress out of me.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Sep 24, 2014

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I just organize planeswalkers first, then everything by color, then lands, then foils.

With a cover page of nothing but foil Knight Exemplars.

People get far too into organizing their cardboard, its tedious and gives me headaches.

Also my monocolored goes WGRUB so you can suck my Polukranos. :smuggo:

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 24, 2014

NivMizzet
May 22, 2004

"My criticism of the Izzet is that their impulse for learning seems too much like impulse and too little like learning."
-Trigori, Azorius senator
Even if Ultra Pro decided to make 4-column pages, they'd probably make them side-loading since that seems to be their thing now. If so then I wouldn't bother with them because if a card gets even a little bit loose then when you're flipping pages it will crease and bend the card, which makes side-loading a terrible idea for anything other than bulk trade.

Angry Grimace posted:

I am, however, already anal enough to put a perfect fit sleeve on any card worth more than 5 bucks even when its sitting in my binder. This is mostly a holdover from back in the old days when white-bordered card were still around because they would get dirty even sitting in binders and sleeves because the white borders show dirt and dust so easily and it would bother the gently caress out of me.

This is still good to do because if the card is left in a binder long enough it can get stuck to the page. It shouldn't matter if it's a trade binder, but if you keep your playsets in binders then it's probably a good idea.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

En Fuego posted:

Whee

This is great! I don't play constructed at all but I always liked Loucks quite a bit and was really sad for him when I heard how is tenure at Wizards went. Good to see him back in the community.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Molybdenum posted:

Use a briefcase

You're not truly pimping your cards until you start carrying them around like Seto Kaiba.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

AlternateNu posted:

You're not truly pimping your cards until you start carrying them around like Seto Kaiba.

During a game, attaching your hand of cards to your arm?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I just realized that casting Anger of the Gods with a Dragon-Style Twins out is really good. Good enough for Standard? I have no idea.

• Locked thread