Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Sweet Jesus I'd pay for that unnnnngghhhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Wow, was this in an actual issue?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
They should get him to do a Spiderman mini the same way they got Nihei to do a Wolverine mini because it would rule and his sense of humour is basically perfect for Spiderman.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Pierson posted:

They should get him to do a Spiderman mini the same way they got Nihei to do a Wolverine mini because it would rule and his sense of humour is basically perfect for Spiderman.
Spiderman just walking home with a bag of groceries nonchalant, sighs in exasperation because Rhino has blocked traffic. Today was a special sale day; it was supposed to be a good day.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Fabricated posted:

Spiderman just walking home with a bag of groceries nonchalant, sighs in exasperation because Rhino has blocked traffic. Today was a special sale day; it was supposed to be a good day.

Alternate Universe Spiderman.
In this Universe New York city is all J Jonah Jamesons.

Perfect for the ONE special.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
One Web Man.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
It would be really interesting and it might actually make me like spiderman. Am I the only one who thinks that he's the lamest super hero around? It's not his super powers, it's his personality.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Suspicious Lump posted:

It would be really interesting and it might actually make me like spiderman. Am I the only one who thinks that he's the lamest super hero around? It's not his super powers, it's his personality.

It depends on who's doing it. Newspaper Spider-Man still involves Stan Lee and is comically stupid, for example.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Whoa he drew Megaman and One Piece too:

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
If you're hankering for some Murata art then I'd suggest reading Eyeshield 21. He doesn't write it thank god because it gets REALLY racist at points but there's some pretty anime two-page spreads for a manga about football.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
Murata's such a loving good artist holy poo poo.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

a kitten posted:

Ehhh I'm not feeling these. Megaman is wildly disproportionate and Luffy's drawn at a weird angle that accentuates the cartoonishness of his head vs how relatively realistic the rest of his body is.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Kabanaw posted:

If you're hankering for some Murata art then I'd suggest reading Eyeshield 21. He doesn't write it thank god because it gets REALLY racist at points but there's some pretty anime two-page spreads for a manga about football.

The racism in Eyeshield 21 is kinda hilarious though because at the end it just totally throws the shonen POWER OF HARD WORK thing straight out the window, saying "sorry protagonist, you're not black, you'll never be that good at football" :mmmhmm:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

a kitten posted:

I love Murata's artwork most of the time, but Luffy in my opinion doesn't really "work" unless he's drawn cartoonishly. I've only ever seen a couple good "realistic" depictions of him, and they just look...generic.

That Megaman image, though, say what you will about Megaman's proportions, but I think it looks amazing.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Kabanaw posted:

The racism in Eyeshield 21 is like the textbook example of how "I'm just affably pointing out the 'good qualities' in this other race," is still racist as gently caress. Dug the series overall though.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
His Shonen Jump 2000 editions' celebration poster from a few years back is amazing!

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Is there a version with all the different characters named? Specifically who are the two guys sword fighting above Toriko?

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Kabanaw posted:

I liked it a lot up until the last arc. If you pretend it ends after the arc before that, and maybe skip to the last chapter and read that, it's good shounen.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

RatHat posted:

Is there a version with all the different characters named? Specifically who are the two guys sword fighting above Toriko?

Shishio and I'm guessing Zabuza

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Stink Billyums posted:

Shishio and I'm guessing Zabuza

Yeah looking closer the other one might be Zabuza. The sword is all wrong though.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Captain Quack posted:

His Shonen Jump 2000 editions' celebration poster from a few years back is amazing!

As a side note, this and that were Shonen Jump's 40th anniversary celebration posters, and Murata did them all by himself.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I like how none of the jojos got in but DIO did. Also that donpatch is with the antagonists.

e: do you have a link to a bigger version it'd probably make some good wallpaper.

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Sep 25, 2014

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Jotaro and Star Platinum are towards the left of the 2000 one, under Yoh/Shaman King dude and Gin/Gintama dude.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

I like how none of the jojos got in but DIO did. Also that donpatch is with the antagonists.

e: do you have a link to a bigger version it'd probably make some good wallpaper.

Patch makes sense, since several of the characters on that one are villains-turned-friends. What stands out as odd is Tony Tony Chopper being on that side.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Also Dakki on the right half but no Taikoubou, which makes sense from a story perspective. :v:

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

yooooo why are masaru and meso and furumin on all of those

is sexy commando that big?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Whoa. I have a reversible poster on my wall that is the first half of each of those spreads. I never knew there was more to them! That's awesome!

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Fereydun posted:

yooooo why are masaru and meso and furumin on all of those

is sexy commando that big?
Sexy Commando is one of my favourite things independent of how popular it is in Japan. But it's still nice to have my bias confirmed!

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Who is that character with the Kannon arms, the guy with the three pronged...bat? fork? and the pink haired chick next to him

Relin fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Sep 25, 2014

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

AnonSpore posted:

As a side note, this and that were Shonen Jump's 40th anniversary celebration posters, and Murata did them all by himself.

isn't that baoh in the second poster?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I don't like Murata's Yugi. His hair is nowhere near stupid enough.

The rest is awesome though. I have to wonder if Dai's anywhere to be found in the first poster though, considering Pop is there.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

The rest is awesome though. I have to wonder if Dai's anywhere to be found in the first poster though, considering Pop is there.

He is right under Gon, on the upper left side

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

I think Dai is the kid in blue hanging from the mast but I'm not really sure, it's been forever since I read that and about a billion things took influence from Toriyama's style so poo poo gets confusing. :v:

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Relin posted:

Who is that character with the Kannon arms, the guy with the three pronged...bat? fork? and the pink haired chick next to him

The one with the three pronged fork is Youzen and the pink haired chick is Dakki both from Houshin Engi. From what I know its based on a chinese classic and in itself is pretty good. I don't have any knowledge of the original novel though. As for the guy with the Gun arm I have no idea.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Relin posted:

Cobra?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Come on guys, english is not my second language.

This is that character, circled

This is Kannon

Now that I notice the shoulder pads I bet he's from Saint Seiya? But the character next to him looks like Gemini Kanon (from SS) based on a precursory google search. I don't know what the gently caress

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Those posters just make me miss Yu Yu Hakusho more.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

Relin posted:

Come on guys, english is not my second language.

This is that character, circled

This is Kannon

Now that I notice the shoulder pads I bet he's from Saint Seiya? But the character next to him looks like Gemini Kanon (from SS) based on a precursory google search. I don't know what the gently caress

That's Senju from Butsu Zone.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.
More King: Onepunch-Man ch. 37,4.

This is the best conversation in OPM ever. Please let the two of them start gaming together. Please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Saitama doesn't give a singular gently caress about anything (besides special sales days), and he doesn't need to, it's amazing.