Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Starscream just wants to not get washed away in the mess when what's left of the whole Autobot/Decepticon war comes back to Cybertron.

Of course, there's also always the chance that Optimus Prime will just take control of Cybertron away on a whim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Back to QC talk for a bit, I picked up a Tankor at Target on my lunch hour today. I don't think he's great, or even very good, but he's the kind of design I'm talking about when I say the design team should be engineering to the level of quality actually achievable with Hasbro's budget, factory selection, QC, diligence, plastic quality, etc. It actually functions as intended, which is not something I can say about most other recent generations releases.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Barely feels like they do QC at all nowadays. My Jhiaxus has untrimmed mold lines all over his face, one of his eyes is only half painted, and his fists make him look like one of those ultra-cheap dollar store toys where they only paint the front side.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Does anyone know if they ever made or sold knockoffs of Classics Voyager Prime's gun (the one that transforms into his smokestacks)? I'd love to complete my Prime, but I can't imagine anyone who has him would ever sell the gun separately. My college friend and former bandmate's site Transformerland.com is a great place to buy TF parts, but even he has never had one.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah I think there's different KOs of that mold going around, but there's also that evolution 2-pack with evasion Prime, it's exclusive to some toy store I cannot remember.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

Yeah I think there's different KOs of that mold going around, but there's also that evolution 2-pack with evasion Prime, it's exclusive to some toy store I cannot remember.

Toysrus and they have piles of them.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
So I was bored before work today and found this: A G1 toy mostly accurate Optimus Ornament

It's a statue with no lights or sound gimmicks (so not G2 accurate), and that Photo is a crap angle, but it's cool in person. The pose is more like that one image that was super popular to toss around in G1, then the "merry skipping" that it looks like in the photo.

Went to TRU the other day and saw the Optimus 2 pack with Evasion and Classics (I think), if you're in it for the Evasion mode optimus, and have been avoiding the Voyager solo for it, get the solo Voyager, the 2 pack on looks awful. The Classics one looks okay, but is that mold any good?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is this legit? Slog isn't available yet, but it says it's sold by and shipped by Amazon, and it's quite a bit cheaper than retail price...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I0NIAIS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This book of Transformers packaging artwork looks super loving cool, too:
http://www.amazon.com/Transformers-Legacy-The-Art-Packaging/dp/1613779437/ref=pd_sim_t_59?ie=UTF8&refRID=028P79M7Q0KB8Z2BTESR

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Sep 25, 2014

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Every time I see new pictures of MP that Star Saber it looks better.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I love Takara's enthusiasm for Star Saber. They love showing that thing off at every turn of development.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Oh sweet, that's finally coming out in October then. It was originally due for August I think.

So, MP Wheeljack. I'm happy with him, I got the Toolbox/Coin exclusive too. Only thing I can see any bother with is the back window doesn't tab in correctly without angling/pulling his sides back a bit, but leaving it loose doesn't make any difference. Nice and easy transformation compared to the finickity Datsuns too. And the Stratos is one the rudest cars ever designed so everyone go buy one immediately.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I wonder if Star Saber will get a US release. On one hand, Americans have no clue who he is. On the other hand, Hasbro saw fit to release Sunstorm and Acid Storm. It's also a little puzzling that he seems to cost less than Ultra Magnus when he does a lot more stuff and is around the same size. Maybe sites like BBTS aren't hiking his price so much because they don't expect him to sell?

I haven't seen much of Victory, and from what I have seen, Star Saber doesn't seem to have much of a personality, but well, he looks like a cool robot toy. I'll probably get him eventually.

Also I got the new wave of deluxes.

Windblade is actually kind of disappointing. She doesn't tab in all that well and has a huge gaping hole in her jet mode, in addition to obvious feet poking out. She has some trouble standing and her scabbard doesn't want to stay in all that well. That said, in robot mode she looks nice and has some nice paint apps on her face. I'm surprised at how clean her facepaint is, because usually Hasbro paint apps are a runny mess these days. She will look good on the shelf in robot mode, but just isn't that fun to mess with.

Nightbeat is the Bumblebee mold. But hey, he's Nightbeat so I like him. I prefer to swing the doors down by his arms to differentiate him.

Jhiaxus is nice and may be even better than Armada Starscream. He can dual wield a pair of gats gangsta style. Just wish he was in the proper colors. (Hope you're listening, Takara!)

Crosscut is the surprising winner of the wave. Who is he? Where did he come from? What does he waaaaaant? I don't know. Don't care. He has some really nice silver and red paint apps and is pretty attractive on the shelf. Even in jaaaaaaaiiiiiilllll.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGSVYgcy24Q

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Crosscut is the surprising winner of the wave. Who is he? Where did he come from? What does he waaaaaant? I don't know. Don't care. He has some really nice silver and red paint apps and is pretty attractive on the shelf. Even in jaaaaaaaiiiiiilllll.

I don't know if you're asking seriously or just making a funny but he was a repaint of Skids back in G1 and that mold looks great in silver and I want to pick him up. :3:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I don't know if you're asking seriously or just making a funny but he was a repaint of Skids back in G1 and that mold looks great in silver and I want to pick him up. :3:

I'm just trying to make a funny. He was a diaclone guy who was later an eHobby repaint. In my head canon he is a robot who goes to jail and gets hanged because he won't stop dancing and singing about sex.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I still don't entirely understand the engineering going on with MP Star Saber, but I want him yesterday.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
It was a toss up between MP magnus or Star Saber and those pictures just did it.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
It was a toss-up between buying MP Saber and Magnus or stressing about cash and those pictures just did it.

Gonna stress about cash anyway. Might as well get robots in the meantime woooooo!

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The original Star Saber must've been a hell of a toy with all those features.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

SlothfulCobra posted:

The original Star Saber must've been a hell of a toy with all those features.

I have one and it rules. Victory Leo is a must as well. I keep hoping that the Star Saber MP will be able to make use of G1 Victory Leo's parts (somehow?). I would hope for an MP Victory Leo but I'd much rather get Deathsaurus as long as I'm wishing for things I will never have.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, it really says something about the amount of effort that went into MP Star Saber when it makes someone who doesn't even give the tiniest of fucks about the character want to have him NOW. He really looks super fun.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I would really be down for encore reissues of Star Saber and Victory Leo. MP Star Saber really puts Ultra Magnus to shame. Were they designed by the same guy?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm just trying to make a funny. He was a diaclone guy who was later an eHobby repaint. In my head canon he is a robot who goes to jail and gets hanged because he won't stop dancing and singing about sex.

In IDW he's a senator and a playwright who once liberated a city with nothing but a brave speech and a shovel. In my head he is voiced by William H Macy.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Captain Invictus posted:

Is this legit? Slog isn't available yet, but it says it's sold by and shipped by Amazon, and it's quite a bit cheaper than retail price...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I0NIAIS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Slog's been out for a while, I got one at Toys R Us a month or so ago. I just saw one on a shelf yesterday. They're still rare though, most stores are still full of Grimlocks and Galvatrons.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Are people liking slog? I'm not into his samurai diaper.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

TheDK posted:

Are people liking slog? I'm not into his samurai diaper.

I don't care for it, in fact if someone's looking for one they're welcome to it for $25 shipped (no box, not sure if I have the instructions)

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oy. TFsource keeps declining my card due to a mismatch between what they think my address is and what my CC thinks it is. I think it's just a formatting error but WTFever. I'm watching my card statements like a hawk and I'm about ready to just order Weej from BBTS.

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this
My MP WheelJack arrived today from indemandtoys (UK). Only £1.50 more than kapow who were out of stock, and free delivery. Will probably have a play with him later, and can post pictures if anyone's interested about any specifics.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"
Oh snap, Windblade came in from Hasbro.

I was wondering why she was staying behind after Crosscut and Nightbeat came in but now my order's complete.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I'm kind of disappointed that jetfire doesn't have a gerwalk mode like Whirl. But his plane and robot modes are perfect in every way.

His undercarriage is actually all very well put together and it's not just the robot hanging off like the other plane bots. But between Roadbuster, Jetfire, and Whirl we have all the Bandai-bots now.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Is it bad that I'm more excited for the DREAMWAVE (according to TFwiki) robot in these pictures who wants me to smoke and his ashtray urn table lamp computer than the bellbottom Megazord? The inner robot is cool, but...

Why do we hate the Dreamwave comics again? I liked War Within.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I wonder if Star Saber will get a US release. On one hand, Americans have no clue who he is. On the other hand, Hasbro saw fit to release Sunstorm and Acid Storm. It's also a little puzzling that he seems to cost less than Ultra Magnus when he does a lot more stuff and is around the same size. Maybe sites like BBTS aren't hiking his price so much because they don't expect him to sell?

I haven't seen much of Victory, and from what I have seen, Star Saber doesn't seem to have much of a personality, but well, he looks like a cool robot toy. I'll probably get him eventually.

Also I got the new wave of deluxes.

Windblade is actually kind of disappointing. She doesn't tab in all that well and has a huge gaping hole in her jet mode, in addition to obvious feet poking out. She has some trouble standing and her scabbard doesn't want to stay in all that well. That said, in robot mode she looks nice and has some nice paint apps on her face. I'm surprised at how clean her facepaint is, because usually Hasbro paint apps are a runny mess these days. She will look good on the shelf in robot mode, but just isn't that fun to mess with.

Nightbeat is the Bumblebee mold. But hey, he's Nightbeat so I like him. I prefer to swing the doors down by his arms to differentiate him.

Jhiaxus is nice and may be even better than Armada Starscream. He can dual wield a pair of gats gangsta style. Just wish he was in the proper colors. (Hope you're listening, Takara!)

My Windblade tabs together just fine, though the black plastic makes it hard to see if some bits are fiddled the right way. The hole is fine, it's not an Earth plane so I don't mind as much. I agree the robot mode is better, and that sword really has nowhere to go in jet mode, peg or no.

Crosscut is... so pretty. The shiny red really goes with the grey/silver. Like Alternators Silverstreak. I like that color combo and I really don't like the color red that much.

Jhiaxus is G2 as gently caress. Look at him. Look how orange he is. Orange and grey. Niiice.

Nightbeat is neat, I don't have any others of this mold, but is his chest supposed to drag on the ground in car mode?

Now begins the long wait for Arcee, Chromia, Brainstorm, Wheeljack, Bumblebee and Ultra Magnus.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

We "hate" Dreamwave mostly over the in-house art style and not paying his employees while being a dofus. I think hate is probably too strong a word, though. Scornful affection maybe? I mean, you can't help but smile at the goofy stuff in the tfwiki article.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
So I have maybe 15 things on pre-order with BBTS, and this is my first time using the Pile of Loot service. Do they notify you when something hits the loot-pile? Or do I have to keep logging in to check (I'm going to do this anyway)?

Just curious/anxious I guess.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

TheDK posted:

So I have maybe 15 things on pre-order with BBTS, and this is my first time using the Pile of Loot service. Do they notify you when something hits the loot-pile? Or do I have to keep logging in to check (I'm going to do this anyway)?

Just curious/anxious I guess.

Yeah they send you an email.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Nightbeat is neat, I don't have any others of this mold, but is his chest supposed to drag on the ground in car mode?

according to Goldbug/fire, yes, yes it is.

I really hate this mold so much, just everything about it sucks, except the "look." It looks good in car and robot mode, but the transformation sucks, everything is to hard to move, the shoulder door/wings suck, the gun"s" suck. The chest doesn't stay down in robot mode, but it to far down in vehicle mode. Those door wings look good in robot mode but then you move his arms at all and see the glaring problem in their location. Ugh, it's just a mess.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Anyone want any of the following, new in package:

Nightbeat
Goldfire
Crosscut
Dreadwing

(US only, but *maybe* Canada)

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Pretty excited. My tracking shows Wheeljack, Jetfire and Slog as delivered. The first 2 I'm super excited to check out. Slog I gotta admit I'm only getting because I need all of the dinobots sitting on my shelf together knighting it up. I need to find a giant robot horse for them to joust on...

Edit: Nevermind. Naturally robot knights that turn into robot dinosaurs would joust from the back of robot dinosaurs. Obvious in retrospect.

DisposableHero fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Sep 26, 2014

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Anyone want any of the following, new in package:

Nightbeat
Goldfire
Crosscut
Dreadwing

(US only, but *maybe* Canada)

How much?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Spiderdrake posted:

Sarah Stone really nailed the gently caress out of

a lot of men. :nws: if you're planning on GISing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

So Skybyte looks neat with this kibble configuration

(thanks to tfw2005 user jetbolt for the pic)