Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

It's literally Ayane, Hayashi from Team Ninja requested they add her. It was revealed in the latest Famitsu, the devs talk about how they worked with Team Ninja to get the jiggle right, and how their new "wetness" tech makes the girls look extra sexy.

:negative:

Welp, that's another franchise tainted. At least it's optional. They aren't going to ruin the main chara- hahahaha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Rirse posted:

Wonder if Koei ever went back to their simulator roots they would just make Ayane a country ruler in say something like Gemfire 2 or Genghis Khan III. Man I miss the old Koei simulators for the SNES, they were the best.

Nobunaga's Ambition and RotTK is still going strong.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Funny you should mention that, Nobunaga's Ambition SNES is coming out on the PAL eShop today.

RadicalR posted:

:negative:

Welp, that's another franchise tainted. At least it's optional. They aren't going to ruin the main chara- hahahaha.

Oh, they will. They talk about all the effort they made to realistically render wet clothes against their skin and how one guy spent a lot of time working on how to make beads of water trickle realistically over the girls' collarbones, yada yada.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RadicalR posted:

Welp, that's another franchise tainted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLFw3c1zvqI&t=29s

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

What the bloody gently caress. That doesn't even belong...

I hate fans.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

RadicalR posted:

What the bloody gently caress. That doesn't even belong...

I hate fans.

Fans? That costume was in the game to begin with.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Fans? That costume was in the game to begin with.

the fact that some people are shocked/disappointed about the Ayame stuff in the new one clearly aren't familiar with the series.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Oh, they will. They talk about all the effort they made to realistically render wet clothes against their skin and how one guy spent a lot of time working on how to make beads of water trickle realistically over the girls' collarbones, yada yada.

That's cool.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

DrPaper posted:

the fact that some people are shocked/disappointed about the Ayame stuff in the new one clearly aren't familiar with the series.

They've definitely become more explicitly pervy with the last couple games, though.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

They've definitely become more explicitly pervy with the last couple games, though.

I'm not aware of any over the top perverseness with Fatal Frame 1-3.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

quote:

Zero Suit Samus?! wtf man that's epic. Not to mention sexy :P

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

I say it again. I hate fans.

But at least it's optional.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

RadicalR posted:

I'm not aware of any over the top perverseness with Fatal Frame 1-3.

lol
there's sexy costumes starting with 2

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

---
the symbol of America."

DrPaper posted:

lol

:stare: Wait a sec, which version is that? I don't recall for the PS2...

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

RadicalR posted:

:stare: Wait a sec, which version is that? I don't recall for the PS2...

Fatal Frame 3 for PS2
2 just had bikinis and gothic lolita outfits.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

DrPaper posted:

lol

There is nothing sexy about that. :catstare: I've seen hotter twigs walking in the park.

It's literally Ayane, Hayashi from Team Ninja requested they add her. It was revealed in the latest Famitsu, the devs talk about how they worked with Team Ninja to get the jiggle right, and how their new "wetness" tech makes the girls look extra sexy.

Ah yes, the jiggle just right. We all know team ninja is known for realistic breast physics.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Darth TNT posted:

Ah yes, the jiggle just right. We all know team ninja is known for realistic breast physics.

To be fair, they said just "right," not "realistic" :v:

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

PrBacterio posted:

To be fair, they said just "right," not "realistic" :v:
One of the many reasons we know American developers are better than Japanese developers is because they strive for realistic breast-bouncing rather than crazy boogly-wooglin'.

NTT posted:

The thread title isn't even a joke, captain toad and new yoshi game look elevator music levels of relaxing and fun.
I never joke when it comes to thread titles. I'd especially love to get my hands on Captain Toad. It seems to have a refined version of the visual style from 3D World, but I'm hesitant to look at the game for too long because I'd like to go into it with as little exposure as possible.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Ultigonio posted:

One of the many reasons we know American developers are better than Japanese developers is because they strive for realistic breast-bouncing rather than crazy boogly-wooglin'.

I'm not sure how this is better. Team Ninja having seemingly having no idea what a breast is and just sort of guessing based on description that it's a round thing that bounces on an anime girl's chest is probably the most entertaining thing about them these days.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Ultigonio posted:

I never joke when it comes to thread titles. I'd especially love to get my hands on Captain Toad. It seems to have a refined version of the visual style from 3D World, but I'm hesitant to look at the game for too long because I'd like to go into it with as little exposure as possible.

Captain Toad is absolutely my most desired game of the year.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

axleblaze posted:

I'm not sure how this is better. Team Ninja having seemingly having no idea what a breast is and just sort of guessing based on description that it's a round thing that bounces on an anime girl's chest is probably the most entertaining thing about them these days.
My point was more that excessive realism is the true mark of a quality product. Besides that, how am I supposed to get turned on by breast jiggle if it breaks my immersion??

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Ultigonio posted:

My point was more that excessive realism is the true mark of a quality product. Besides that, how am I supposed to get turned on by breast jiggle if it breaks my immersion??

First you go into the settings and put your age to 99.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Shamelessly stolen from the video game deals thread:

Son of Isaac posted:

Crossposting this week's Super Smashing Sale:

Wii U
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - $29.99
  • Donkey Kong (NES) - $3.49
  • Donkey Kong Jr. (NES) -$3.49
  • Kirby's Dream Land 3 (SNES) - $4.99
  • Kirby & The Amazing Mirror (GBA) - $4.99
  • PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures - $11.99
  • Pikmin 3 - $39.99

3DS
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf - $19.99
  • Donkey Kong (NES) - $3.49
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns - $19.99
  • Game & Watch: Donkey Kong Jr. - $1.49
  • Kirby's Dream Land (GB) - $2.49
  • Kirby's Dream Land 2 (GB) - $2.49
  • PAC-MAN and the Ghostly Adventures - $11.99
  • Star Fox 64 3D - $29.99

The only games I would have bought on this list are Pikmin 3 and DKC:TF, but I already have both.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Hot dog for 29.99 I will get tropical freeze, sounds like a great deal.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Good God drat, Hyrule Warriors is awesome!
If you're not a fan of Dynasty Warriors and such I can understand it, but this is Zelda fan service at it's best. The story is complete nonsense and the gameplay is the usual mashing, but it works. If you have any affinity for the series then you will like this stupid game.
Also, Darunia Owns.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Starfox is on sale :dance:

Slowly filling collection of 40 dollar games for less than 40 dollars :yayclod:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I dunno if it's been mentioned but Edge gave Bayonetta 2 a 10/10 which is kind of crazy

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I've been waiting 3 weeks for Tropical Freeze to go on sale, but I downloaded too much to my Wii U since I bought it refurbished (like 1 1/2 months ago embarassingly). I need an external storage. I don't mind getting something slightly bigger, I like going digital because I move a lot, and having less stuff to move is nice. Anyone have any suggestions of what works for you?

Thanks

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

To piggyback on the external storage question: If I already have an external hard drive from a few years ago (a 250GB Seagate, I think?), all I should need is a Y-cable right?

From what I understand all of Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, and Bayo 1/2 are all data hogs so I might want to get that cable soon if that's the case.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Tropical Freeze is 11 gigs, Hyrule Warriors is like 7 or 8, and I don't know what Bayo 1 is but I saw Bayo 2 is like 17 gigs so yeah, you should probably get on that. If your drive has an external power source, you don't need the Y-cable though, just plug it in to the outlet and it should be good to go.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Kaubocks posted:

To piggyback on the external storage question: If I already have an external hard drive from a few years ago (a 250GB Seagate, I think?), all I should need is a Y-cable right?

From what I understand all of Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors, and Bayo 1/2 are all data hogs so I might want to get that cable soon if that's the case.

I don't know how reliable it is, but "Nintendo Everything" says Bayonetta 1 and 2 together take up 32.2 GB.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Yeaaaaaah I don't think the built in 32GB is going to cut it if I'm going all-in on all digital. Gonna order a Y-cable tonight then.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

And that's why I buy physical copies of Wii U games.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Fritzler posted:

I've been waiting 3 weeks for Tropical Freeze to go on sale, but I downloaded too much to my Wii U since I bought it refurbished (like 1 1/2 months ago embarassingly). I need an external storage. I don't mind getting something slightly bigger, I like going digital because I move a lot, and having less stuff to move is nice. Anyone have any suggestions of what works for you?

Thanks

Yeah, I also need an external hard drive recommendation. I had to delete W101 in order to fit Tropical Freeze, but I'd like to play it again eventually, plus I wanted to download Smash.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

I found this, which is Nintendo recommended hard drives.

I have amazon credit, so I think I may with this. It isn't much more from 1 TB to 2, and the Wii U apparently can't handle more than 2 TB of info.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Starhawk64 posted:

And that's why I buy physical copies of Wii U games.

Same here. They also hold their value for trade in/resale. I have 3 full Wii U games digitally, but they are all codes that I got for free or very cheap.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Fritzler posted:

I found this, which is Nintendo recommended hard drives.

I have amazon credit, so I think I may with this. It isn't much more from 1 TB to 2, and the Wii U apparently can't handle more than 2 TB of info.

I just don't understand why I only have to pay 8 bucks more for a TB of data.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

DrPaper posted:

lol

Is this some kind of Onechanbara tie in? What the hell developer.

Aperture Priority
May 4, 2009

~~*~~Is Dream~~*~~
:coolfish::3::coolfish:

So I picked up DK:TF for the sale, and it reminds me of something that had been driving me insane. What the hell is with the incredibly slow download speeds on the Wii U? I get that I'm running wireless, but that's no reason for an 11gb download to take over 2 hours when my PC could get the same file in less than 10 minutes. Are Nintendo's servers really that slow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders
Any word on whether Hyrule Warriors will be a midnight release on the eshop? I'd be nice to queue up the download before I go to bed.

• Locked thread