Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Fame Douglas posted:

Of course the type of person that plays games at a mall kiosk (like a little kid) would find Sunset Borverdrive to be totally zany! and amazing!

But hey, I'm sure this will turn out to be Insomniac's first acceptable game!

virgin bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

suddenlyissoon posted:

I Played Sunset Overdrive last night at some XBOX event in a mall. It was freaking awesome.

Its basically the monorail sections of the Ratchet and Clank games painted orange and covered in dated internet memes.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Fame Douglas posted:

Of course the type of person that plays games at a mall kiosk (like a little kid) would find Sunset Borverdrive to be totally zany! and amazing!

But hey, I'm sure this will turn out to be Insomniac's first acceptable game!

I can see you standing there, over his shoulder, "Theriouthly? You like thith game?", before he wanders away in hopes of meeting a girl at the mall he can have sex with. "Typical idiot loother. Probably doethn't even have a THLI thetup."

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"Whoa, an Xbone mall kiosk running Sunset Overdrive?! I'll play this while my mom is shopping! This is so awesome!"

Jewigi
Apr 20, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

"Whoa, an Xbone mall kiosk running Sunset Overdrive?! I'll play this while my mom is shopping! This is so awesome!"

don't sign your posts you stupid bitch

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Someone in the other thread described Sunset Overdrive as Milhouse trying to impress Lisa and that feels pretty apt.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Two things Fame Douglas is cognitively dissonant toward:

How he plays DOA 3 when he claims he never owned a console

His virginity

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm curious about Sunset Overdrive and came into Games to see if there was a thread about it because I generally trust those. It looks like there isn't one and this thread is as close as I'm gonna get.

I get that SA's antipathy toward the Bone runs deep, but I would have thought that its AAA titles would still get threads. Is it just that a Games thread about an Xbone-only game would get trolled into oblivion by page 2 or what?

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

loquacius posted:

I'm curious about Sunset Overdrive and came into Games to see if there was a thread about it because I generally trust those. It looks like there isn't one and this thread is as close as I'm gonna get.

I get that SA's antipathy toward the Bone runs deep, but I would have thought that its AAA titles would still get threads. Is it just that a Games thread about an Xbone-only game would get trolled into oblivion by page 2 or what?

Why don't you make one dork

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

loquacius posted:

serious answer. ther was a general bone games discussion thread. the problem is the lack of bone owners on the forums and lack of bone only games.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

VideoGames posted:

serious answer. ther was a general bone games discussion thread. the problem is the lack of bone owners on the forums and lack of bone only games.

I think it's less "lack of bone owners on the forums" and more "bone owners shamed into silence."

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

VideoGames posted:

Wrong. The committee was formed and they all decided there could not be a sunset overdrive thread. The Xbox is Selling Fine, it's just the oppressive Sonypony SA Community has them all in hiding.

Come forth from your proverbial closets, Xboners.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:gas:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Also if people want a sunset overdrive thread just loving make it jesus

You have a post button and a forums account for a reason and no one is going to probate or ban you unless your OP has goatse or something

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Widestancer posted:

You have a post button and a forums account for a reason and no one is going to probate or ban you unless your OP has goatse or something

y...you...mean i can make threads????

*majority of posters minds explode*

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

echronorian posted:

Why don't you make one dork

I don't even have a Bone and was looking for a thread because I know very little about the game. I generally don't buy consoles until a game gives me a reason to (PS2's was FFX, X360's was Mass Effect, etc) and I was curious whether this could be one such game, but without a dedicated Games thread I have to turn to (*shudder*) game journalism sites for my information. Gross.

and yeah the problem seems to be that even intimating that you might hold anything other than complete disdain for anything vaguely Xbone-related gets you treated with hostility and suspicion

Widestancer posted:

Why don't you do it then :colbert:

My OP would literally be "what is this game; someone tell me plz"

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Xbox fans Exist and it is Selling Fine. They've been cast out, shamed into silence. It's not about how hard you can hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep getting up.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

loquacius posted:

going from the destiny clan numbers the problem is there are literally like 10 xbone owners on the entire forums and that isn't enough to sustain a general games thread let alone one dedicated to one really bad game.

note that the use of one here means 1, singular, and not three, which is the number of the xbox called one, which is confusing as it is the third.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Le Me: The Xbox One is okay because it offers consumers a choice and well choice is good even if some of the choices might not fit what some individual consumers want

Le Other Posters: DEAK RAM PEES CUCK BITCOIN

Le Me: :rolleyes:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Great Joe posted:

Maybe with the power of 32MB of posting RAM, we can finally also get this thread to 1080p(ages)

i sure as poo poo won't be wasting any more time in the gym while this thread is active. cant miss a beat

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Megathreads are bad and lovely and this is mentioned even in the rules thread for this subforum so lol@the idea of a thread in Games needing anything to be sustained

If it's a lovely thread it'll fade into obscurity or end up gassed and no one gives a poo poo

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

a hugbox thread isn't enough, we need a hugbox forum

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Hugbox! :allears: :twisted:

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

stop shaming boneowners into silence

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Please do not be afraid of the xbox mock thread regulars. That's like being afraid of your grandmother's Chihuahua.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Organs posted:

boneowners

:D

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Bass Bottles posted:

Please do not be afraid of the xbox mock thread regulars. That's like being afraid of your grandmother's Chihuahua.

Mock them instead

It gets way funnier that way

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

sba posted:

yeah, reddit

the place to go for games for years now

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Reminder: Fulchrum was a beloved member of the Xbox One hate thread before he doxxed himself

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Organs posted:

stop shaming boneowners into silence

plz don't boneshame

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Other hot and current topics which are very funny and worth hundreds of pages if not thousands to talk about:

Zoe Quinn

Cucking

Bitcoins

Doobies Doghouse

The Xbox One mock thread belongs in GBS along with the other hilarious posters from the gamers .txt thread that got moved to Sports then by Cowcaster and then gassed for being full of overdone unfunny poo poo

None of this applies to Bass Bottles because they are adopted by the Imp Zone collective

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

loquacius posted:

Serious answer I guess is that even the biggest game releases for the The One generate threads with gently caress all interest, like the Forza Horizons 2 thread has like a page of posts after a month and can be found on page 5 of this forum usually populated by broken dreams and tumbleweeds.

The Titanfall thread thrived for a while on the back of PC gamers.

The truth is this is THE thread now for the console which is a shame because the 'bad' thread contained all the info and news about it and this one is people shuffling their feet talking about batteries and sometimes getting a boner about demos.

One excited guy popped in here ages ago after new games recommendations for his new console and after a few days someone managed to muster up 'erm Lego games are good I think' and no more was said on the matter.

In short :lol:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

Serious answer I guess is that even the biggest game releases for the The One generate threads with gently caress all interest, like the Forza Horizons 2 thread has like a page of posts after a month and can be found on page 5 of this forum usually populated by broken dreams and tumbleweeds.

The Titanfall thread thrived for a while on the back of PC gamers.

The truth is this is THE thread now for the console which is a shame because the 'bad' thread contained all the info and news about it and this one is people shuffling their feet talking about batteries and sometimes getting a boner about demos.

One excited guy popped in here ages ago after new games recommendations for his new console and after a few days someone managed to muster up 'erm Lego games are good I think' and no more was said on the matter.

In short :lol:

I respect your posting but let's be honest the reason these games don't have threads is because for some bizarre reason Games posters are afraid of making threads

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Widestancer posted:

I respect your posting but let's be honest the reason these games don't have threads is because for some bizarre reason Games posters are afraid of making threads

This is also true and I agree very much, I think they are confused now because mega threads are out and that is the thread creator's natural habitat so they get scared as to what to actually kick a thread off with (I am glad mega threads are out though).

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

seiferguy posted:

Someone in the other thread described Sunset Overdrive as Milhouse trying to impress Lisa and that feels pretty apt.

I finally saw the live action ad for it, and was mortified. It's like they heard Destiny did a live action thing, so by god, they were getting in on that action!

That ad convinced me, I won't be buying the inevitable PC version, what a goddamn awful looking train wreck.

e: "JASON NOOOOOOOOOO!" ha ha how zany and cool

Chairman Wao fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Sep 25, 2014

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Widestancer posted:

Other hot and current topics which are very funny and worth hundreds of pages if not thousands to talk about :

Zoe Quinn

Cucking

Bitcoins

Doobies Doghouse

The Xbox One mock thread belongs in GBS along with the other hilarious posters from the gamers .txt thread that got moved to Sports then by Cowcaster and then gassed for being full of overdone unfunny poo poo

None of this applies to Bass Bottles because they are adopted by the Imp Zone collective

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Chairman Wao posted:

I finally saw the live action ad for it, and was mortified. It's like they heard Destiny did a live action thing, so by god, they were getting in on that action!

That ad convinced me, I won't be buying the inevitable PC version, what a goddamn awful looking train wreck.

I might pick it up on a Steam sale for $2 or something as it does look like mindless fun for an afternoon, not sure I can handle the whole RADICAL DUDE rhetoric of it though for longer than that.

Hey, remember in that early Sunset Overdrive vid where if you paused it all the audio gear inside the cars was branded as Sony? Good times

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

This is also true and I agree very much, I think they are confused now because mega threads are out and that is the thread creator's natural habitat so they get scared as to what to actually kick a thread off with (I am glad mega threads are out though).

The best way to start a thread is with gusto and confidence, much like any true gamer begins a lovemaking session, gaming session or hell both at once

Chairman Wao
Mar 5, 2013

go star

peter gabriel posted:

I might pick it up on a Steam sale for $2 or something as it does look like mindless fun for an afternoon, not sure I can handle the whole RADICAL DUDE rhetoric of it though for longer than that.

Hey, remember in that early Sunset Overdrive vid where if you paused it all the audio gear inside the cars was branded as Sony? Good times

I'd just end up wondering why I wasn't playing SR4 instead, and then do just that.

Also, did they abandon the dumb little mascot schtick up until that ad? Because it seemed like they were trying to force him into everything, then he just sort of vanished.

e: it seriously reminded me of those "YOUR MOM WILL HATE DEAD SPACE 2" ads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Widestancer posted:

The best way to start a thread is with gusto and confidence, much like any true gamer begins a lovemaking session, gaming session or hell both at once

Like just throw the door open, stride in and be all 'THREAD TIME MOTHERFUCKERS' then put 2 thumbs up and make a gun shooting motion and give a wink?
I like it!

Chairman Wao posted:

I'd just end up wondering why I wasn't playing SR4 instead, and then do just that.

Also true

• Locked thread