Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I'm definitely interested. What kind of requirements are you looking for? Top 50ish is usually good for a primo cover which would be awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

skipdogg posted:

I'm definitely interested. What kind of requirements are you looking for? Top 50ish is usually good for a primo cover which would be awesome.

I'm looking for moderately poo poo-giving goons with a decently fleshed out roster (at least maxed 2*s + 3* transitioning) that are thinking they can do better than sticking with the alliance they're in. If you give enough of a poo poo that you can turn out good numbers on a regular basis I don't care where you are with your roster.

Verno5x
Aug 23, 2003

CRAFT OR DIE

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I'm looking for moderately poo poo-giving goons with a decently fleshed out roster (at least maxed 2*s + 3* transitioning) that are thinking they can do better than sticking with the alliance they're in. If you give enough of a poo poo that you can turn out good numbers on a regular basis I don't care where you are with your roster.

I might be booted out of the alliance that I'm currently in after this season so what kind of requirements are for your alliance? I have maxed 2 and 3*'s.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Requirements are primarily decent and consistant performance, roster is secondary. Our goal is at least top 100 though we often get top 50 or 25 and we are cool as long as everyone is pulling their own weight.

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009
I'm moderately poo poo-giving - I've got two teams of max 2* and I usually get the max progression rewards in PvE. Not so much in PvP but that's uh, harder.

Speaking of which, did they change how the brackets work? I used to be able to play the slacker bracket pretty well but these days I have to grind like whoa towards the end just to get top 100.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
I'm getting back into this game and I keep getting kicked out of alliances even though I'm meeting their requirements (last one was stay above 350 points for pvp) I'd love to join a group

chrisf
Feb 29, 2008

Just realized I haven't played for a week, so I left my spot in Pizza Dog for another daily slacker.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

This new PvP is a bitch. I have a high level but not max 2star team and they're matching me against level 322 thors and hulks.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

chrisf posted:

Just realized I haven't played for a week, so I left my spot in Pizza Dog for another daily slacker.

Sure why not, been playing this again lately.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I just opened another alliance slot for Metal Bawkses in case anyone is looking for one. I think we might have two spots total open, but I can confirm the one. We are not a tryhard alliance, we're super casual but you can at least expect an occasional sprinkle of tokens for each event.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Auritech posted:

I just opened another alliance slot for Metal Bawkses in case anyone is looking for one. I think we might have two spots total open, but I can confirm the one. We are not a tryhard alliance, we're super casual but you can at least expect an occasional sprinkle of tokens for each event.
Applied as Kerblam. I still hate this piece of poo poo game but apparently I hate myself more because I started playing it again

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Latest PvE event is a bit different. Every mission only gives points once, so none of that grinding. Well, they all seem to have four prizes as usual, so there's still that. Oh, and it's Powered Up Punisher time. :getin: Dunno if you can actually get all the point prizes if you don't have the essential characters (Punisher this round) but they didn't seem that amazing anyway. Either way, it's bullshit.

I can't stop playing this terrible game. However bad it gets it's still Puzzle Quest at the core, and Puzzle Quest is great. I might be tempting fate by saying this, but you can't gently caress up Puzzle Quest.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Apparently the original Puzzle Quest guys are going to announce their new game soon, which should be good. They didn't actually work on MPQ, it just licensed the name.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams

Syrinxx posted:

Applied as Kerblam. I still hate this piece of poo poo game but apparently I hate myself more because I started playing it again

You're in! I haven't stopped, no matter how hard the developers have tried to make it unbearable to play. I don't know what that says about me.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

McDragon posted:

Latest PvE event is a bit different. Every mission only gives points once, so none of that grinding. Well, they all seem to have four prizes as usual, so there's still that. Oh, and it's Powered Up Punisher time. :getin: Dunno if you can actually get all the point prizes if you don't have the essential characters (Punisher this round) but they didn't seem that amazing anyway. Either way, it's bullshit.
I've made it pretty deep into this. There's actually three sections, but parts 2 and 3 only unlock after you complete the prior one. Rewards do get better, including a green greysuit Black Widow, a blue Black Panther, and a black Psylocke. I've hit a wall on level 39 - OBW, Ares, and Deadpool, all level 287ish. After getting creamed a few times, the game graciously lowered their level to 277ish.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I don't think I can beat level 28, the last one of the second gauntlet. The highest guy on my roster is a 90 Ares and there's no way to beat 114 hulk/falcon/patch

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hahahah that event is tedious as gently caress especially when they lay it out in a linear line like that.

'YOU ARE HERE'. (you scrub)

FROOOOOOOOG
Jan 28, 2009

Bob Socko posted:

I've made it pretty deep into this. There's actually three sections, but parts 2 and 3 only unlock after you complete the prior one. Rewards do get better, including a green greysuit Black Widow, a blue Black Panther, and a black Psylocke. I've hit a wall on level 39 - OBW, Ares, and Deadpool, all level 287ish. After getting creamed a few times, the game graciously lowered their level to 277ish.

One part 2 mission needs GS Widow, so without her you can't get the Panther cover. Which is why it's helpful that she's provided in part 3!

I'm slowly working my way through with a max Mag/Storm and either Punisher or Panther - up to level 37 now and I basically need to get semi-lucky with the opening board to make it. I've got a stack of boosts saved up but I don't think I'll get the Psylocke.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

I'm slowly working my way through with a max Mag/Storm and either Punisher or Panther - up to level 37 now and I basically need to get semi-lucky with the opening board to make it. I've got a stack of boosts saved up but I don't think I'll get the Psylocke.

I'm in the same boat. I slogged thru with Mag/Storm & Punisher, but I completely stalled out at the 173 Sentry/Punisher/Storm & I think I'm done. Sucks too because that BW cover would have got my sniper rifle to 5, which is when it goes from cool to amazing.

keeper
Jun 5, 2002

Auritech posted:

You're in! I haven't stopped, no matter how hard the developers have tried to make it unbearable to play. I don't know what that says about me.
Applied as bummeln, lately been playing once a day for the bonus and occasionally a little extra for coins... The only goal I seem to have is collecting covers.

ninja alamode
Apr 20, 2004

FROOOOOOOOG posted:

One part 2 mission needs GS Widow, so without her you can't get the Panther cover. Which is why it's helpful that she's provided in part 3!

Well here I was working my way through thinking I'd be able to get BP, until I hit this. Fantastic.

e: Nevermind, part 3 opens up after you beat mission 28, so looks like I can go back if I'm able to grind through to the grey suit cover.

ninja alamode fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Sep 22, 2014

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
For anybody stuck on the gauntlet, try switching to ares/thor, johhny storm, obw. If you get a little lucky with OBW's purple/blue, you can limit the other team to match only damage & burst heal while Thor/Torch cover all the other colors.

It seems like common sense, but I didn't think of it because I was so focused on trying to make the powered up trio of Punisher/MNmag/Cstorm work, & also thinking there was no way I could beat that 173 Punisher/Cstorm/Sentry combo with lvl 94 characters. It ended up being surprisingly easy & I didnt even lose a hero.

GSBW's green is my first 3-star cover to reach lvl 5, woooooo!! :)

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 23, 2014

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I was all gung ho to power through the Gauntlet but their promise of a big reward at the end? 2000 ISO. Yeah, thanks, I'll just be over there playing Doctor Who: Legacy or something now. gently caress this poo poo game.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
This Level 288 Deadpool/Ares/OBW mission is absurd. I've completely hit the wall here.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Sentry bomb it if you have the sentry to bomb it with.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

A 5-red Punisher really helps too, as he'll one-shot anyone at or below 40% health. Even 4-red is useful when levels are jacked up this high, as he one-shots enemies at 30%. It doesn't matter what level your Punisher is at, it's percentage based.

Wet Biscuit McGlee
Jul 13, 2006

girls hate me
Having two people at level 166 and a bunch of sub-level 100 characters has given me a roadblock with the Sentry/Punisher/Storm node. Guess who my highest level characters are? Yeah.

At least I pulled my last blue cover for LazyCaptain from this.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I have a 166 Punisher with 5 red, but he was so overpowered compared to everyone else he was tanking almost everything. I cleared that fight and everything except for that very last fight with Xforce Wolverine, Sentry, and OBW all at Level fuckyou. I can't even begin to see how to clear that with the characters I have available. Oh well, I got decent ISO, some HP, and two 3star covers. Not too shabby.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Requirements are primarily decent and consistant performance, roster is secondary. Our goal is at least top 100 though we often get top 50 or 25 and we are cool as long as everyone is pulling their own weight.

I'd maybe be interested in this, but unsure if my roster is good enough. I have a maxed C Storm + MN Mags and several other cover capped 2*s (notably OBW, MN Thor, Ares, Torch), currently grinding ISO to level them up. I can easily hit top 200 in any (non Lightning Round) PvP event, top 100 if I grind. Really looking to transition into more 3*s.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Dang, Doc Ock's green looks pretty nice <:stare:>

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

I can't figure out a good roster for this event. I beat the levels, but offense is hard to come by.

I don't have HT(Classic) which hurts..

I have the following available. stats are unbuffed

Psylocke 2/2 lvl 43
IM40 0/1/0 lvl 40
OBW 3/4/5 lvl 67
MNThor 5/3/5 lvl 64
Hawkeye 2/3/2 lvl 25
IM35 5/5/3 lvl41
Storm 5/3/5 lvl 50

I've been trying different combos.. Psylocke is the strongest buffed, but her blue is worthless but the 2 covers in black I have aren't terrible.

Psylocke/OBW/MNThor isn't bad, slow to get going but with Thor things finish strong

Psy/IM35/Storm - slow to get going as well. IM red is good for 1400 damage, and his yellow blocks most enemy match 3 damage. Storm is useful for the green, but yellow/black overlap and it's always a coincidence if you're missing some color coverage the board is full of poo poo you don't need. Never Fails.

Psy/MNThor/Hawkey - Speed shot can finish a team off quickly, but it's hit/miss really.

I may try Psy/IM35/OBW next. IM35 blue never gets used, and she can help charge his red while Psy tanks black.

This would be a lot easier with *** Human Torch.

skipdogg fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 25, 2014

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Well Gauntlet got me the last Green Gray Widow I needed so that was ok. Decided I didn't feel like going any further just for Psylocke.

Also who the gently caress asked for Doctor Octopus? gently caress off.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's not even the proper fatass bowlcut doctor octopus.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Hope they do more non-poopsock events like the gauntlet. There's no fun in repeatedly doing the same battles just to edge your way back up to ~#200.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

The concept of the gauntlet was cool but my roster didn't do so well. I finished the first two parts and got 2 missions in to the third before it became impossible

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Two of my very few good ** guys are OBW and thor, and I randomly opened a psylocke last week, so I'm feeling pretty loving lucky right now. Just got the last cover I needed to max thor too.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Got anymore spaces? Most of my roster is 3* and I regularly rank 50~ in pvp. I also play everyday.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone know how you can finish top 50 in each leg of a PVE event and still only be 150+ in the main ranking? Are the legs tiered & the total event un-tiered?

Puweyxil
Oct 19, 2001
I like to eat cheese.
Dinosaur Gum

fishtobaskets posted:

Does anyone know how you can finish top 50 in each leg of a PVE event and still only be 150+ in the main ranking? Are the legs tiered & the total event un-tiered?
The main event is a 1000 player bracket. The sub-events are 200 player brackets. And the way rubber-banding works, the further behind you are in the overall event, the easier it will be place in the sub-events (or so it seems this event, but they tweak it frequently)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Good gravy, I hit the mother lode on my season 6 10-pack :stare::
1 Xforce wolverine
1 Invisible woman
2 Patches
1 Falcon
4 of the 5 2-star covers were for the last 2 guys I'm building at that level (Daken/Hawkeye)