Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Someone needs to tell Channing Tatum that smelling a woman's hair is super creepy. Or so I've been told.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Looks more like he's checking out her butt.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Dick Trauma posted:

Looks more like he's checking out her butt.

He's just checking out the asscension.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
He's looking for a way off that poster.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

boom boom boom posted:

Night of the chicken dead doesn't work as a pun

edit: Night of the clucking dead isn't perfect, but would be a lot better

Brains taste like chicken would be my suggestion.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Here are some random posters

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That last one is weird and creeping me out.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

rawillkill posted:

I knew if I spent a couple of minutes on google I'd find a '70s book cover with that typeface. :cool:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Man, that last one may be the most early-seventies font out there.

e: beaten

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Weird art aside, I am not sure if "remarkably intelligent" is as much of a draw as they seem to think it is, and it bothers me for some weird reason that that is what they put as the one line blurb on the poster. Like, that tells me absolutely nothing about the movie and just seems like kinda a pretentious thing to say, as if someone had nothing else substantive to say about the film. It is somehow even more vacuous than "Interesting" or "Entertaining." And I'm sure it's an actual magazine or site or something, but attributing it to "Film Comment" sounds like it was just something someone overheard at some point while talking about the film.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dick Trauma posted:

I knew if I spent a couple of minutes on google I'd find a '70s book cover with that typeface. :cool:

It's been driving me crazy where I've seen that but apparently not only was it super popular but there are lots of variations.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

rawillkill posted:

None of these particularly look like the people they're supposed to except Jason Schwartzmann

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Is this where I profess my love for shlocky old paperback book covers?

Holy poo poo, Tarzan! Get back in the goddamn spaceship!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Hat Thoughts posted:

None of these particularly look like the people they're supposed to except Jason Schwartzmann

The Elizabeth Moss and Jonathan Pryce pictures look vaguely enough like the actual people that they become recognisable when it's pointed out, like "Oh, that's Jonathan Pryce? Oh yeah, now that you mention it." Or "Oh right, her nose and mouth does look like that of Elizabeth Moss."

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

The Elizabeth Moss and Jonathan Pryce pictures look vaguely enough like the actual people that they become recognisable when it's pointed out, like "Oh, that's Jonathan Pryce? Oh yeah, now that you mention it." Or "Oh right, her nose and mouth does look like that of Elizabeth Moss."

Yeah I agree but at the same time, if you told me Krysten Ritter was supposed to be Allison Brie or somebody I'd have the exact same reaction

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Tommy Lee Jones is going full grizzle.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
How do you mention awesome 70s font without posting the "Foxy Brown" poster?

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Has there ever been a more overused pairing of two people outside of Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence? He's going to end up popping up as young Wolverine or someshit in the X-Men films next because it's apparently easy mode for the Oscars.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I, Butthole posted:

Has there ever been a more overused pairing of two people outside of Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence? He's going to end up popping up as young Wolverine or someshit in the X-Men films next because it's apparently easy mode for the Oscars.

... Up to this point they've only been in two movies together. That's the same amount as her and Nicolas Hoult or her and Anton Yelchin.

(Note that this movie was made before Silver Linings Playbook, actually, and is only going off the shelf it got put on because the distributors must think it'll make some money now when it wouldn't before. It's also apparently pretty terrible.)

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Kramjacks posted:

Tommy Lee Jones is going full grizzle.

The Homeless Man

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Some unused Alien posters

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
To contextualize, Roger Rabbit sounds like one of those amazing movies that never got made, ala Jodorowsky's Dune.

Those Alien posters prove that we live in a world more blessed than we realize.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

GrandpaPants posted:

Someone needs to tell Channing Tatum that smelling a woman's hair is super creepy. Or so I've been told.

Channing Tatum is a mod?

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I like this one even though it's a horrible fit for Alien.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Improbable Lobster posted:

Some unused Alien posters

This font looks really familiar...

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Lizard Combatant posted:

This font looks really familiar...

It looks pretty similar to the font used for the Rock Band videogame series.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Everything I've seen about this movie says it's all bright colourful overwhelming spectacle, and this poster looks so... dull.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Gonz posted:

It looks pretty similar to the font used for the Rock Band videogame series.

That's the one

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Frostwerks posted:

Channing Tatum is a mod?

"It's weird, it wasn't any actual smell, it was just the air around her. I would literally breathe in and get woozy. I tried surreptitiously to get a better sniff, but she wasn't even wearing any perfume I could detect. I don't know what that's about, but I guess her pheromone level was higher than normal (do women do that when they ovulate?).

Whatever it was, I was nursing a boner of Fourth World proportions."

- Channing Tatum in that poster

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
According to some writers I on Twitter, the rumour came out that one of the reasons they've been pushing back Jupiter Ascending is because Mila Kunis is horrible in it. Which is a shame as I usually like her.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
Whoever did hair and makeup for Tommy Lee Jones in that poster already deserves an oscaR. He's played the same empathetic dad character in the last 800 movies he's done, but I have no idea who that guy is.

He's probably just going to play empathydad with a beard though

which sucks.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

DrVenkman posted:

According to some writers I on Twitter, the rumour came out that one of the reasons they've been pushing back Jupiter Ascending is because Mila Kunis is horrible in it. Which is a shame as I usually like her.

It's not a very good fit for her but I doubt a studio would hold back a film because of one performance.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
Hilary Swank makes a good old time down on her luck sorta lady. She's just got that face.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

DrVenkman posted:

If she really does stink, delaying it isn't going to magically fix it.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DrVenkman posted:

What always kills me about this is "what did they expect"? You cast Mila Kunis, you know what you're getting.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

What always kills me about this is "what did they expect"? You cast Mila Kunis, you know what you're getting.

I liked her in that Justin Timberlake movie, but that's about it. Honestly, how loving bad can she be beyond her normal level of passable acting?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Debbie Harry's Videodrome co-starring James Woods.