Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

I don't care how snug they fit, you're nuts!

Feenix posted:

not that big...

Look at this dumbass, forgot to press 1 for English and now the government is gonna give his phone to some illegal immigrant. Who will probably send the monstrosity back to Mexico so the other 35 people in his family can use it as a raft to cross the Rio into the U.S. THANKS OBAMA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The funny thing about that pic is that his thumb doesn't even look remotely large enough to scale the phone lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I tried syncing like 110GB of music on my 6 all at once, which took a few hours and then would never seem to finish syncing after all the files said they had been added. Eventually I cancelled it and started manually adding music one row of my iTunes library at a time. That took a lot less time and everything completed successfully.

DarkJC
Jul 6, 2010

DeceasedHorse posted:

I gotta say this whole bending phone thing makes me a little apprehensive about my 6+ order; I guess that's one advantage of getting my phone several weeks post-release, it just seems that there is a lot of conflicting information out there right now.

The whole reason I stopped getting Androids was to avoid having to worry about this kind of manufacturer fuckups (and carriers messing around with software updates-the Verizon Galaxy Nexus was not a fun situation).

This issue has been blown pretty far out of proportion in the echo chamber. Apple has only received 9 actual complaints (out of millions of phones shipped) and has been replacing them under warranty. Most of the pictures circulating around are the original ones posted on MacRumors days ago, or are pictures from people running their own "tests".

Even the original "bend test" video has been put under scrutiny, so I would say just take a step back from it all. Receive your device, and use it as normal. You have 14 days to return it and Apple has some of the best customer service in the business.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

flosofl posted:

Got it.

I had it happen to me back with the 4S and I was told at the time I didn't let it "sit" long enough (I moved about 50GB at once) so that it could index all the music. I let mine sit overnight and then it was fine. I couldn't even access the music to play it. Can you? It might just be iTunes being idiotic (which it very well could be that piece of poo poo software).

If it's just a couple albums and it fucks your entire music collection, then I'd say take it in to Apple (or call, I suppose that might use slightly less gas and time).

cheers man. I remember having similar problems with my iPhone 4. I blame iTunes. I'll restore it and see if that helps then hit up the motherfucking geniuses.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

noirstronaut posted:

The funny thing about that pic is that his thumb doesn't even look remotely large enough to scale the phone lol

There is no thumb that could. Mine can sweep about 85% though.

No lie, day 1 hand fatigue. It's a thing!

Gotta build up those pallet muscles.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

DarkJC posted:

Even the original "bend test" video has been put under scrutiny, so I would say just take a step back from it all. Receive your device, and use it as normal. You have 14 days to return it and Apple has some of the best customer service in the business.

quote:

“Metal bends, plastic cracks, light refracts, and objects block radio waves. Collectively, these iPhonegates have been like a mini lesson in physics.”

I like that article :)

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

I've been fielding "hurr hurr is it bent yet" comments from people in regards to my 6+ all loving day today.

Enough.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Lblitzer posted:

Does anyone else have issues with streaming music or podcasts where the playback will just stop and you have to turn on your phone and press play again? This happens all the time with Spotify and Iheartradio.

I have this issue as well. Especially using the podcasts app.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

gohmak posted:

I'll add Yosemite handoff not working on non bt4.0 machines.

How else would you expect it to work?

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

MrBond posted:

How else would you expect it to work?
Look pal, don't come in here with your reason and your logic! I have a right to be upset that Apple can't make my hardware perform a function it is technically incapable of doing, dammit!

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Look pal, don't come in here with your reason and your logic! I have a right to be upset that Apple can't make my hardware perform a function it is technically incapable of doing, dammit!

Umm yeah...just figure it out nerds! Jeeze!!

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
fuckin hell there are so many tiny bugs in this phone, it's doing my head in. I've had launch day iPhones before but never had as much trouble as with this version.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Right now the thing that is bothering me the most on the 6+ is the tiny folder size versus the gigantic screen. It seems Apple forgot to make use of the enormous screen when opening folders and you can still only see nine applications per folder screen.

This means that 75% of the screen is useless when a folder is open.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

eames posted:

:bravo:

(it's real: enter 34103377 in the searchbox here: https://jobs.apple.com/us/search)

Does this mean someone got fired, they didn't have anyone to check "Will it bend?" or maybe a really bad coincidence?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I would love to have been a fly on the wall in 1 Infinite Loop these last few days. Between bendghazi and the the piss-poor iOS rollout (which should be considered the bigger issue, but somehow isn't) it must be pure chaos over there.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Don Tacorleone posted:

Does this mean someone got fired, they didn't have anyone to check "Will it bend?" or maybe a really bad coincidence?

It's not really clear, but it was the same thing during that whole antenna debacle blowup.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

ICHIBAHN posted:

fuckin hell there are so many tiny bugs in this phone, it's doing my head in. I've had launch day iPhones before but never had as much trouble as with this version.

This post reminds me of A Scanner Darkly

Poppy Nogood
May 26, 2014
Fellow iPhone 6ers on AT&T: how we doing on battery life? I don't watch many videos or make many calls. A lot of texting and Twitter between/during classes. Woke up at 11am today with the phone fully charged. It is just about 7 now and my phone is at 32%.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

ShoogaSlim posted:

This post reminds me of A Scanner Darkly

Whoa, you're totally right.

Snoring
Oct 21, 2008

arbybaconator posted:

I have this issue as well. Especially using the podcasts app.

Yeah same here. This was a huge problem for me on my 4S and it continues to be a problem on my 6. I guess it's just the OS running out of memory and closing the app (an Apple app that's currently playing media... what the gently caress why does this still happen?) Fixing this would make iOS way less frustrating for me.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

I don't care how snug they fit, you're nuts!

No. 6 posted:

Right now the thing that is bothering me the most on the 6+ is the tiny folder size versus the gigantic screen. It seems Apple forgot to make use of the enormous screen when opening folders and you can still only see nine applications per folder screen.

This means that 75% of the screen is useless when a folder is open.

Like its been on the iPad since iOS 7. It's dumb as hell but there is no "forgot," they clearly give no fucks.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
8.0.2 is out. Checking for Update is spinning forever then errors out. updategate is real.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

noirstronaut posted:

8.0.2 is out. Checking for Update is spinning forever then errors out. updategate is real.

Upgate

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Upghazi

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Update is showing up for me on my 6. Here are the notes.

quote:

This release contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
Fixes an issue in iOS 8.0.1 that impacted cellular network connectivity and Touch ID on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
Fixes a bug so HealthKit apps can now be made available on the App Store
Addresses an issue where 3rd party keyboards could become deselected when a user enters their passcode
Fixes an issue that prevented some apps from accessing photos from the Photo Library
Improves the reliability of the Reachability feature on iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
Fixes an issue that could cause unexpected cellular data usage when receiving SMS/MMS messages
Better support of Ask To Buy for Family Sharing for In-App Purchases
Fixes an issue where ringtones were sometimes not restored from iCloud backups
Fixes a bug that prevented uploading photos and videos from Safari
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Somebody else install it and report back.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Upgate-date.

Guys the power support screen protector at Apple is called Anti Glare but all pics make it look clear and not "milky" like true anti-depressants of old. Any of you have it?

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I can update now, but I'm not going near that poo poo until someone else says it's clear.

Edit: gently caress it let's do this.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I'm almost done updating. Remember me for who I was, not for who I've become.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's fine so far on my 6. I have cell service and Touch ID works.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Same

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Works.

Still has the bug where Spotlight can't find apps occasionally though.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
I have also updated.

And all is good.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Figure it's either a fixed 8.01 or an unfuck-things patch so that the 8.01 features can come in 8.03. But the patch notes seem rather generic compared to yesterday's notes for 8.01...

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

How? They seems exactly alike.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Well, none of the bugs I had on 8.0 seem fixed at all. Spotlight still breaks occasionally. WiFi disconnects and can't reconnect until rebooting. Oh, you had cellular settings? Haha, gently caress those.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
So I just switched on LTE for Voice and Data. Does that mean every call I make uses my data now? Or just that I use double-data if I try to use the internet while on a call?

EDIT: On Verizon, if it matters.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Release notes:

This issue unfucks what was hosed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU2CHJ8bRbM

Downloading 8.0.2 now through iTunes.