Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

jng2058 posted:

Hulu oddly enough. I would have expected Netflix, given the big Marvel-Netflix deal, but no, it's on Hulu. :shrug:

Of course, you can find it on ABC's site as well.

Hulu streams ABC shows and AoS is an ABC show. Besides, doesn't Disney own a partial stake in Hulu anyway? I thought Fox, ABC, and NBC did (through their parent companies, obviously.

Also, I thought the massive Disney-Netflix deal was supposed to officially kick in during 2016. I mean there is already some stuff on there, but that has been that way from before the big contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The Daredevil show is next year isn't it?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

howe_sam posted:

The Daredevil show is next year isn't it?

Yes. Next May. They've said they'll show footage at NYCC next month.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Waterhaul posted:

Yes. Next May. They've said they'll show footage at NYCC next month.

Are they still aiming to have AKA Formerly Known As Alias Jessica Jones out in '15 as well?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

jng2058 posted:

Hulu oddly enough. I would have expected Netflix, given the big Marvel-Netflix deal, but no, it's on Hulu. :shrug:

Of course, you can find it on ABC's site as well.

Yes the ABC site will show episodes of all their shows after a week without a subscription. I'm not sure if they are region locked though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Booo I was hoping to catch up without ads. The problem with binging on Hulu is you're gonna see the same ad about fifty times.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Skwirl posted:

Okay, what episode does Agents... become watchable. Because the first four episodes were godawful, but the way you fuckers talk about it make me want to give it a second chance. Assume I'm able to google any missing plot links (ie, I don't want to watch a bad episode just because it relates to a later, better episode).
I actually really liked the fourth episode (Eye Spy), I thought it was the only one of the early episodes where you got the feeling of the team coming together to pull off a fun and tense spy caper.

Anyway, besides the first four episodes, this is a good viewing order:

7 1-07 12/Nov/13 The Hub [Recap] [Trailer]
10 1-10 10/Dec/13 The Bridge [Recap]
11 1-11 07/Jan/14 The Magical Place [Recap] [Trailer]

Then 13 through the end

13 1-13 04/Feb/14 T.R.A.C.K.S. [Recap] [Trailer]
14 1-14 04/Mar/14 T.A.H.I.T.I. [Recap]
15 1-15 11/Mar/14 Yes Men [Recap] [Trailer]
16 1-16 01/Apr/14 End of the Beginning [Recap]
17 1-17 08/Apr/14 Turn, Turn, Turn [Recap]
18 1-18 15/Apr/14 Providence [Recap]
19 1-19 22/Apr/14 The Only Light in the Darkness [Recap]
20 1-20 29/Apr/14 Nothing Personal [Recap]
21 1-21 06/May/14 Ragtag [Recap]
22 1-22 13/May/14 Beginning of the End [Recap]

Skips the worst episodes, still gives you enough plot

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Sep 25, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hmmmmm

quote:

And beyond the linked comic book stories, there’s also the framework of corporate synergy. Mark Pedowitz, CW’s president, says there’s a possibility that the Flash and Arrow universe might include TNT’s new show, corporate half-sibling Titans (definitely not Gotham or Constantine, though). “What you’ll see embedded in Flash and Arrow is that we’ll have the ability to test characters out. Is there room to grow them into the next show? I cannot tell you yet. There are discussions going on,” he said.

Huntress standalone confirmed. Also too bad about the CW president's name.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

zoux posted:

Hmmmmm

Please god let Static be in Titans.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I hope nothing connects to Gotham because it's really loving bad.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

hup posted:

I hope nothing connects to Gotham because it's really loving bad.

Based off one episode?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

Based off one episode?
It was a pretty bad episode.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Could have been a lot worse

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

redbackground posted:

It was a pretty bad episode.

It was a pilot. They are usually horrible

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

I am actually much more interested to see what episodes 2 and 3 bring about, plot-wise, now that the Wayne murders are out of the way. I am happy to give the show a chance for a bit, but I really could have done without all the FUTURE BATMAN VILLAIN LOOK LOOK that will have no bearing on anything current (Ivy, or "Ivy", is only like 10 so she'll never be seen again, for example).

Also, I fully expect someone like Alfred or Crispus Allen to be revealed as the series' Joker instead of weekly nobody red herrings #1–9, if only for the show to put its own stamp on the character.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Sep 25, 2014

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I liked Gotham quite a bit. It definitely has it's issues, but Donal Logue is great as Bullock and Ben McKenzie isn't as annoying as I thought he'd be.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I really want to like Gotham, because I love Donal Logue. The basic premise of the "one good cop amongst the corrupt" is a simple concept and could work really well...but yeah, they need to drop the Batman crap ASAP.

"Hi, I'm going to become Poison Ivy. In case you didn't get that from my red hair and name of Ivy, here's me stroking a plant. Because, as I said, I'm Poison Ivy and I like plants."

"I'm going to become Catwoman. See me standing like a cat? It's because I will eventually become a woman...who likes cats."

I do like tall Penguin though...he's got some potential.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

bobkatt013 posted:

Arrow and Flash pilots were both great. Even Constantine was competent about what it did.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

"Hi, I'm going to become Poison Ivy. In case you didn't get that from my red hair and name of Ivy, here's me stroking a plant. Because, as I said, I'm Poison Ivy and I like plants."
There should have been a radio in the background playing some Bell Biv Davoe, you know, to really sell it.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

"Got a good feeling about this Joe kid. This Joe Kerr."

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Medullah posted:

I do like tall Penguin though...he's got some potential.

Really? I thought he was the worst of the bunch.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

bobkatt013 posted:

Went straight to series. Pilot not filmed distinctly from other episodes.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

redbackground posted:

I am actually much more interested to see what episodes 2 and 3 bring about, plot-wise, now that the Wayne murders are out of the way. I am happy to give the show a chance for a bit, but I really could have done without all the FUTURE BATMAN VILLAIN LOOK LOOK that will have no bearing on anything current (Ivy, or "Ivy", is only like 10 so she'll never be seen again, for example).

Ivy is a recurring character. Sorry, bud.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

zoux posted:

Hmmmmm

I wondered how possible cross-network crossovers would be, mainly because I really want Supergirl to be part of the Arrowverse.

People hated Huntress (for good reason) but I think there's hope. That actress does have talent, she was much better in Dracula. Also I still want Nightwing to show up, that'd be awesome.

Barry Convex posted:

This is the worst part to me. Occasional kid-version cameos I could roll my eyes at and tolerate, but it seems like instead of focusing on the cool "one good cop" premise they have, they're getting way too sidetracked into Baby Batman and the Li'l Rogues. That's not a show I want to watch.

Or, hell, maybe I would even watch that show if someone went full-tilt into it and they really owned it, and made it totally ridiculous. But as it is, I feel like the show's getting pulled in two directions, and they aren't compatible ones.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Coming next fall: The Kents

Jonathan and Martha Kent struggle to run a profitable organic farm now that mega farm corporation Lexanto has moved into town and is planting GMOs that are just bizzaro. Jonathan sometimes looks at the stars and wonders if there's anything out there.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Barry Convex posted:

Goddammit. Maybe she's the Joker! :nallears:

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

greatn posted:

Coming next fall: The Kents

Jonathan and Martha Kent struggle to run a profitable organic farm now that mega farm corporation Lexanto has moved into town and is planting GMOs that are just bizzaro. Jonathan sometimes looks at the stars and wonders if there's anything out there.

So, Smallville then?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Error 404 posted:

So, Smallville then?

No, ten years before Kal-El. Primary rule of the show: No ships, no kryps

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Was there a Possible Joker in the pilot?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

There was a terrible hack comedian about Penguin's age, and this show is not exactly subtle.

Baby Clayface appears as the dirt they pile on Bruce's parents.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

hup posted:

There was a terrible hack comedian, and this show is not exactly subtle.

I thought there is going to be a potential joker in every episode, and I assume it will either have on in the season finale or it will be like the Observers in Fringe.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

hup posted:

Baby Clayface appears as the dirt they pile on Bruce's parents.

:drat:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

hup posted:

There was a terrible hack comedian about Penguin's age, and this show is not exactly subtle.
Telling the single oldest joke in the book, too. (to wild laughter)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

redbackground posted:

Hey, to be fair, I laughed my rear end off at that joke when it was a Deep Thought by Jack Handey.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

redbackground posted:

What joke?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

zoux posted:

What joke?

I want to die peacefully, in my sleep, like my dad did. Not screaming in terror, like his passengers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

greatn posted:

No, ten years before Kal-El. Primary rule of the show: No ships, no kryps

Bo Duke facing off against John Glover's fabulous mane would've been more interesting than the middle seasons of Smallville though, so the idea that no freaks = boring doesn't work.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Bo Duke facing off against John Glover's fabulous mane would've been more interesting than the middle seasons of Smallville though, so the idea that no freaks = boring doesn't work.

John Glover and his fabulous mane was one of the few good things about the early seasons. The other good thing was Lex. They should have just renamed the show The Luthors.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Gaz-L posted:

Sorry in the prequel Jonathan and Martha are played by Tom Welling and Kristin Kreuk. Lionel Luthor is played by Ving Rhames oddly enough.

For a Superman prequel I would actually watch, an El family drama set on Krypton would be pretty boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

With Kryptonian Doc Savage Jor-El played by Russel Crowe.