Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

StarkingBarfish posted:

For submission to the TasteMakers:

img_0018 by barfish, on Flickr

img_0001 by barfish, on Flickr

img_0012 by barfish, on Flickr

Taste makers do not need watermarks :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Musket posted:

Taste makers do not need watermarks :toot:

Yeah, but I need 'em elsewhere :bang:

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy

StarkingBarfish posted:

Yeah, but I need 'em elsewhere :bang:

No you don't just let it go man.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
Sunrise over Ross Island, Portland by Ashade76, on Flickr

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Yeah, I like.

RangerScum posted:

No you don't just let it go man.

I'd empty quote this.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
The tastemakers have spoken, watermarks are gone.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
Watermarks are only okay if it's from resting your beer on it for too long.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

As the official Soundmonkey approved arbiter of what is and is not art, I deem this judging to be Art.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

feigning interest posted:

Watermarks are only okay if it's from resting your beer on it for too long.

sorta like all my polaroids then

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Mr. Despair posted:

sorta like all my polaroids then

Yeah, I'd hate to see photos with your polaroids resting on them.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Chinatown by alkanphel, on Flickr

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

StarkingBarfish posted:

Yeah, I'd hate to see photos with your polaroids resting on them.

was trying to make a "polaroids make great coasters for your beer" joke but that works too actually

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Woronora Cemetery by garbutto7vxg1, on Flickr

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.

Nice!

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

That's sick.

Chill Callahan
Nov 14, 2012

Rad.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

gently caress yeah.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

God drat that loving owns.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

ansel autisms posted:

God drat that loving owns.

:drat:

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

Indian Ocean Hotel, Scarborough, September 2014 by s d photo, on Flickr

Villa, Scarborough, Sept 2014 by s d photo, on Flickr

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
Can I play, too?

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm
No mirrors

R0002168 by spf3million, on Flickr

R0002265 by spf3million, on Flickr

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.

Spedman posted:

Ah Scabs, my Dad held the speed record through the roundabout on Scarborough Beach Rd in the early 70's with his fully sick Torana :boonie: :australia:

All photos from Scarborough will now be dedicated to your bogan dad.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

This is a sweet shot, but I have a visceral reaction to pictures with a central portal on these forums because I expect it to be goatse. :(

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Bubbacub posted:

This is a sweet shot, but I have a visceral reaction to pictures with a central portal on these forums because I expect it to be goatse. :(

Everything is goatse if you look deep enough.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

8th-snype posted:

Everything is goatse if you look deep enough.

Not unless it has a ring.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

5/2/4 this lovely image is totally representative of a bert rugtucker nature magicianator for a total of 11

HOW'S THE FAHKIN SERENITY ENITY enity enity enity enity 4/4/5, a solid 13

deaders posted:

I'm so sorry

Woah, bright and eye catching colours, this is worthy of slapping a pithy quote about friendship on and sharing on Facebook but lucky you got that sweet watermark there 5/4/5 woah 14

Oh this is real classy, I would like a print of it for my corporate fishing cabin on the lake 3/4/3 = 10

These fonts are cheerful but this leaf is making me feel really sad. Confusing! 2/2/2 for an uncomfortable 6

I keep expecting a racing tractor to roll out of that shed. I wish that shed were a racing tractor. 3/2/4 so better than the last guy at 9

Helicity posted:

Bart also does weddings :colbert:

Bessie Mae you remember that afternoon we carved an apple bong and them made out behind the rec centre, well I took this picture for you, will you go to the prom with me? 4/4/5, a sweaty teenage 13 that smells strongly of axe body spray

Helicity posted:

I like to think Bart only shoots in the 60 minutes before sundown, as anything besides golden photons shorten sensor life, and the air moisture levels correlate with those providing the highest resolving power in his optics. He probably also argues on the Internet about what art is, what questions deserve answers, and whether EttR is worth it. There's a little Bart Radfucker in all of us :unsmith:
RUN THAT TORNADO IS COMING RIGHT FOR YOU 2/3/2 meh I liked your other one better

I feel like I have two pairs of sunglasses on here, because I am just that hungover. 2/2/2 a queasy half dozen

Oooh, subtle! I like it, and I like you. 5/5/5

Set all sliders to max! 1/1/1 oh whoops I mean min

Musket posted:

This will be bangin your mom, yolo.
It hit me right in the feels, bro. *fistbump* 5/4/5

Musket posted:

in this to win this.
So close! I'll give you 14.5 but really I think your to watermarks are too small.

Buh? Muh! 2/2/1 needs more watermark

5/5/5 I loled

RangerScum posted:

Can someone page Bart to ask him what makes or breaks a landscape in his honest opinion?

5/3/5 great watermarking there sir, a valiant 13

5/4.5/5 for fourteen and a half! I love the animated border super classy sparkle action there

Geektox posted:

you call that hdr

I dunno, that nature looks like it might have hobo poop in it. 4/3/4, a resounding 11

Bob Socko posted:

Gosh, I'm really sorry, I accidentally uploaded the wrong photo! These things happen, I'm sure you can understand. Also, I'm not really good at this whole photoshop thing, so I just put the revised watermark on top of the other one. Hope you like it!

I like the idea but needed some less bashful watermarking. 4/4/3 for a nutrient rich 11

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

Medieval Medic posted:

Not unless it has a ring.

Goons are obsessed with that dude's ring.....also his wedding band.

Shithouse Dave posted:

bert rugtucker nature magicianator

Goddamn it, every time I get a new Tinder name it ends up posted ITT.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Untitled by atomicthumbs, on Flickr

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

Clean your sensor bruh.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.

Shithouse Dave posted:

5/4.5/5 for fourteen and a half! I love the animated border super classy sparkle action there

Finally, someone gets my art.

ape
Jul 20, 2009

ape fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Sep 26, 2014

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

i'm not sure how bart would feel about chemtrails. also not terrible enough to be ironically bad. nice watermark tho. 4/2/4 = 10

the title and the aperture-shaped watermark loving make it. this is the essence of bart radfucker. 5/5/5 = 15

deaders posted:

I'm so sorry

the vignette is nice by which i mean bad, but i'm not sure bart would resort to physical violence. nice prominent watermark though. 3/5/5 = 13

again i'm a sucker for a good (bad) title, but the image isn't horrible and the watermark is at least a semi-tasteful font. 2/3/2 = 7

another one where the picture isn't trash, attempting to ride solely on watermark quality. clever, though. 3/3/5 = 11

scene's boring and crooked, processing sucks, watermark is complete loving garbage. what i mean to say is 5/5/5 = 15

Helicity posted:

Bart also does weddings :colbert:

image isn't bad, watermark might be tasteful if not in Papyrus. i expected better. 3/3/2 = 8

Helicity posted:

I like to think Bart only shoots in the 60 minutes before sundown, as anything besides golden photons shorten sensor life, and the air moisture levels correlate with those providing the highest resolving power in his optics. He probably also argues on the Internet about what art is, what questions deserve answers, and whether EttR is worth it. There's a little Bart Radfucker in all of us :unsmith:
again, what's with these "good" pictures? i see you kicked up your watermark game a notch though. 3/2/4 = 9

a valiant effort, and a real bad image, but nowhere am i seeing "nature is the poo poo". 2/4/4 = 10

i'm appreciating the multiple anti-stealing measures going on here, and the lens flare is well executed, but the watermark is almost too subtle. 4/4/3 = 11

while i appreciate the enthusiasm, you never go Full Retard. 1/2/2 = 5

Musket posted:

This will be bangin your mom, yolo.
while i'm not sure bart could comprehend transparency, i'll allow it. nice moustache also. 5/4/5 = 14

Musket posted:

in this to win this.
almost gettin a spray & pray vibe from these entries, but maybe that's what bart is all about. 4/5/4 = 13

the reverse-vignette was a daring move, but seriously that watermark dude. 3/2/0 = 5

while i pretty much poo poo bricks over this image, the picture itself isn't that terrible. 5/4/5 = 14

RangerScum posted:

Can someone page Bart to ask him what makes or breaks a landscape in his honest opinion?

now that's what i call a watermark. sadly, the picture is actually not bad. 5/3/5 = 13

the animated frame was clearly a points-grabbing move, but at the same time, i'm impressed. could have used some gold stars maybe. 4/4/5 = 13

Geektox posted:

you call that hdr

there's more to the game than just jamming sliders to full, but it's a good start. 4/3/5 = 12

Bob Socko posted:

Gosh, I'm really sorry, I accidentally uploaded the wrong photo! These things happen, I'm sure you can understand. Also, I'm not really good at this whole photoshop thing, so I just put the revised watermark on top of the other one. Hope you like it!

a+ on a bad image, but i like to think that bart is actually trying to make something good, and just failing really badly at it, so i dunno. quality use of the full-image watermark style though. 3/4/4 = 11.

i'll be compiling the scores momentarily. for people who ended up with more than one image being judged, i'll use the average of your scores.

edit: i see hand knit declined to score one of the images, so i'm being charitable and just assuming 7.5

SoundMonkey fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Sep 26, 2014

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype: 31
dreadhead: 37
deaders: 39
grack: 32.5
beige: 26
spedman: 33
helicity: 28.5
medieval medic: 25
mrblandaverage: 34
shampoo: 19
musket: 41.25
97a: 19
whitezombi: 36.5
rangerscum: 34
feigning interest: 37.5
geektox: 37
bob socko: 32

...which means... MUSKET WINS and also... SHAMPOO AND 97A BOTH LOSE.

SoundMonkey fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Sep 26, 2014

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

MrBlandAverage posted:

lol

I'm going to make this really simple for you and the other dumb people: different landscapes own for different reasons and asking a very broad question like "what makes a landscape work" (as if all landscape photos are the same) and expecting a specific answer is just going to get you laughed at.

hth

As the winner, I declare this the only right answer in this thread. Its perfect.

East Lake gets to deal with the cards fate has dealt him. That fate is that he is wrong.

Yolo.

Musket fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 26, 2014

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Musket posted:

As the winner, I declare this the only right answer in this thread. Its perfect.

East Lake gets to deal with the cards fate has dealt him.

Yolo.

So it shall be. This opinion is now Objectively Correct.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

SoundMonkey posted:

So it shall be. This opinion is now Objectively Correct.

Thanks but I didn't need a mod to tell me this :hehe:

East Lake
Sep 13, 2007

Musket posted:

East Lake gets to deal with the cards fate has dealt him. That fate is that he is wrong.

Yolo.
:allears:

I'm still right bro. Haven't seen anybody attempt to dispute my posts or explain their process. I guess you guys could take up knitting or coin collecting instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

East Lake posted:

:allears:

I'm still right bro. Haven't seen anybody attempt to dispute my posts or explain their process. I guess you guys could take up knitting or coin collecting instead.

What the gently caress were you even arguing? You didn't even post anything to dispute. You're a loving idiot.