Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamar Smith R-TX
Feb 23, 2012

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/4673313309.html

:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I'm more worried about "engine has been heat treated ice cooldown". Nothing strengthens an engine like a do-it-yourself annealing, no sirree

Lamar Smith R-TX
Feb 23, 2012

atomicthumbs posted:

I'm more worried about "engine has been heat treated ice cooldown". Nothing strengthens an engine like a do-it-yourself annealing, no sirree

and the idea that an aux oil cooler and a trunk mount intercooler will prevent it from ever overheating

and the fact that he is based in the anti-gross-pollution-epicenter of the known universe but believes its road legal

Lamar Smith R-TX fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Sep 24, 2014

obliviums
Oct 2, 2013

The only exercise I get is poopin'

Do you fat-shaming try-hards really know how good ice cream is?
1981 VW 1.9 Diesel Rabbit Caddy Volkswagen Pickup truck 81 TDI GTI GLI

http://i.imgur.com/VTOf59w.jpg

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/cto/4682835818.html

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/cto/4625276156.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

Back when I was actively driving I drove Akina even in my dreams
How bad of an idea is a 1988 Mazda 323 GTX AWD?

PhoenixWing
Feb 13, 2012

As a fellow Pulsar owner, someone should definitely pick this up. They're certainly not fast at ~70HP, but, they're a poo poo load of fun if you upgrade the suspension and drive it at it's limits.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

There is some money in that build, I'm assuming the dude selling it isn't the one that built it.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Chriskory posted:

IIRC DJ Commie should be able to tell you everything you need to know.

The only thing I remember is that it has a glass gearbox.

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

BlackMK4 posted:

There is some money in that build, I'm assuming the dude selling it isn't the one that built it.

Yeah, you couldn't even come close to building it for the price he's asking. That intake was $700-ish new just by itself.

I'm guessing some kid (or his gullible parents) bought this and now he is in way over his head.

Either way I'd buy it. Looks like a fun way to die.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4684599608.html

quote:

For Sale today is a 1997 Chevorlet Express custom Van, winner at car shows and participant in charity events

Lets get right to the details, the Van has red and black leather seats in the front with the Draggin Toyz lettering, and black and red bean bag chairs on custom stands the light up in blue and pulsate, also has a Large TV in the back and a smaller TV with the frame of an Etch it sketch on the side, and a DVD player and TV in the dash, and an amazing custom sound system to top it all off.

There are 8 speakers and 2 down force 12's installed providing loud, crisp, clear sound and vibrations. There is LED lighting behind plexy bases of the sitting area illuminating your way and enhancing the audio / video experiences!! It has a "sunroof" that is cut out made custom.

Another great feature is the air bags that allow control of the ride height and drop, as well as individual control of each of the bags. As far as we are aware this van is the worlds only 1ton express van that will lay full frame!!

The outer just like the inside fully detailed and all 100% hand done, custom paint and airbrushed art work as seen in the pictures, done on the outside such as front and rear bumper (rear bumper has some scratches) painted to look like wood panels riveted together, and wood looking strip that goes down either side, and pictures from the build to see the airbushed art work when it was done (see pics) and also airbrushed side graphic ''Draggin Toyz''

The lower half of the van as well as inner doors are all finished in actual chalk board finish!!! That means you can write on it, display charity info, advertise and market an event or object. There are so many things that can be done and have been done. It is only limited by your imagination. This van always demands attention and puts a smile on the faces of those who have enjoyed it.

20'' wheels in the rear and 18'' in the front for an even and smooth ride, headlights and tail lights all working, Engine and Transmission run great no problems with the Van at all as far as performance and daily driving, has remote start and car security system.

Selling for 29500$ or best offer possible trades if its worth the price listed or higher, any further questions please feel free email me, call or text at show contact info ask for Trent

:allears:

slip proof stairs
Oct 22, 2012

quote:

black and red bean bag chairs on custom stands the light up in blue and pulsate

:smuggo:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

That is loving hideous.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Chriskory posted:

Transmission is on the weak side as was mentioned (and just like any FWD/AWD Mazda of the era). Check for severe rust on the lower rad support and front subframe. Everything else is simple, bulletproof Mazda Lego (when you're done with it you can sell the engine to a Festiva guy, BPTs make Festivas into death machines that rival the Viper in insanity level).

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

29500. God drat.

I'd be okay with the color scheme if it had a white pinstripe between the red and black.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It has chalkboard paint all around. That's kind of a fun idea, like, go to kid's parties and stuff and let them draw all over the van.

Obviously not gonna get $30k for it but yeah.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Leperflesh posted:

It has chalkboard paint all around. That's kind of a fun idea, like, go to kid's parties and stuff and let them draw all over the van.

Obviously not gonna get $30k for it but yeah.

Man, if I were some colloidal silver alex jones paulite that would be perfect.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

This is solid loving gold.

A 401-powered 5-speed Pacer.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Not a fan of the sub as a center console (?), but black with silver accents :hawaaaafap:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

IOwnCalculus posted:

Oh

my

:vince:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
If AMC had built that, they'd still be around.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Also just stumbled across this though you should totally buy my Ranger instead

5.0/5-speed Ranger.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

IOwnCalculus posted:

Also just stumbled across this though you should totally buy my Ranger instead

5.0/5-speed Ranger.

I can't even fathom how bad the weight distribution is. Rangers are already tail happy with a 4 or 6 cyl.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Chriskory posted:

PM me or djcommie@gmale, I'll fill you in on how to buy them.

TWSS
Jun 19, 2008
Woooooo AMC content! Coincidentally, there is a pacer and a javelin SST for sale by the owners of the crappy tire I work at, I linked some pictures but they broke tables so I took them down.

TWSS fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 25, 2014

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

DJ Commie posted:

PM me or djcommie@gmale, I'll fill you in on how to buy them.

I went to check out this one http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4684187614.html

Had some rear wheel bearing noise, an occasionally grinding 1st or 2nd. Also had some slight crank wobble at idle.

Still felt awesome on boost, and it's only lived in California and Colorado so it's basically rust free.

Chriskory fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Sep 26, 2014

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

I don't even care about the engine, I love the way that looks. It's too bad we can't get more cool 2 door hatches in the US.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

AMG Pacer

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
I'm so glad that that's not a small block Chevy. Reminds me of those Gremlin X's that had dealer-installed 401s.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Craigslist pyrite:

http://shreveport.craigslist.org/cto/4669546108.html

Probably bait so the seller can rob/kill potential buyers and wear their skin. :v:

Also google says that area code is for minnesota.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

It'd look the tits with some monoblocks.

Boaz MacPhereson fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Sep 26, 2014

Mighty Horse
Jul 24, 2007

Speed, Class, Bankruptcy.

IOwnCalculus posted:

I'm trying to put my finger on why this just looks so drat badassed vs your normal pacer.

I'm thinking its the tinted windows.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
It helps that it's not baby-poo poo-brown 2-tone.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

SperginMcBadposter posted:

Craigslist pyrite:

http://shreveport.craigslist.org/cto/4669546108.html

Probably bait so the seller can rob/kill potential buyers and wear their skin. :v:

Also google says that area code is for minnesota.

Standard "pay for the car now and get it later" Craigslist scam. There always tons of these posting brand new cars for under $5k with some story about getting deployed to Afghanistan.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

Chriskory posted:

I went to check out this one http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/4684187614.html

Had some rear wheel bearing noise, an occasionally grinding 1st or 2nd. Also had some slight crank wobble at idle.

Still felt awesome on boost, and it's only lived in California and Colorado so it's basically rust free.

I wouldn't touch it honestly, any operational problems with the transmission mean it has been launched or wasn't maintained. Crank wobble isn't that big of an issue, it'd be something to have a mechanic check if you purchase it. Open timing belt and incorrectly installed eBay catch can is some straight up ricer poo poo and 100% means its well on its way to be trashed.

That car is really odd, since it has the same HKS parts list as my first 323 GTX, same wheels, same color, and even the same price I sold it for.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Mighty Horse posted:

I'm trying to put my finger on why this just looks so drat badassed vs your normal pacer.

Larger grill than most pacers, lower stance, wider stance, bigger wheels (and wheel arches!), blacked-out bumpers

Unload My Head
Oct 2, 2013

Mighty Horse posted:

I think it is a combination of the tinted windows and the overall murdered-out look that is helping to hide the terrible body lines. Those cars had miles of chrome trim and it really highlighted how bulbous and hideous they were.

The description in the ad of it being cut in half and rewelded out of two cars is a bit shady, but if it was well done it would be fine.

Chriskory
Aug 18, 2004

DJ Commie posted:

That car is really odd, since it has the same HKS parts list as my first 323 GTX, same wheels, same color, and even the same price I sold it for.

The guy reused the listing from the previous seller, so I googled a string of words and found a more informative ebay listing. More detailed photos and a carfax, might be yours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-Mazda-...=p2047675.l2557

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Chriskory posted:

The guy reused the listing from the previous seller, so I googled a string of words and found a more informative ebay listing. More detailed photos and a carfax, might be yours.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1988-Mazda-...=p2047675.l2557
When people talk about replaced cylinder heads and other work, ask for receipts. On the used car market, if it's not documented, it never happened. I'd offer 2 grand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Ever wanted a V12 7-series for a thousand bucks?

http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/4688117601.html