Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
1pm Sunday, what threads do you want to see?
This poll is closed.
Separate by Network and a Redzone combined thread 216 41.62%
Go back to the one monster thread 213 41.04%
Don't care 90 17.34%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I agree with that. I honestly thought that's what I was voting for, not a stupid thread just for one game like the Seahawks broncos game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I just did Seahawks - Broncos, because in the past, we've separated out certain other games, usually Brady - Peyton to protect the like 15 people who don't want any part of that and the roughly billion posts we get about how gay and bad each of them are.

That wasn't really necessary here, and I don't think any other games this year have the necessary hype to warrant it, so that's probably done.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Was that thread as bad as one would expect?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I didn't end up reading much of it until the end (49ers-Cardinals was way better then the typical backup afternoon fair), and there was maybe one report, so works for me.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm so loving Lazorlaser-focused on the Falcons game that keeping up with a thread that active doesn't have a chance.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
You all make a good point about why the early split threads are good but if we don't hinge the future of TFF on some massive shitshow of a football game I'll be pretty disappointed.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

GNU Order posted:

Was that thread as bad as one would expect?

It was actually great all the way through. Stayed on topic for the most part and had some good discussion. No quibbling between Broncos and Seahawks fans (outside the normal taunting at least), and was overall very enjoyable. I liked having a nice single game thread and would enjoy doing it again in the future. I think a majority of people just assumed it would be bad for some reason and didn't bother checking it out.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Puppy Bowl posted:

You all make a good point about why the early split threads are good but if we don't hinge the future of TFF on some massive shitshow of a football game I'll be pretty disappointed.

Your username is actually the perfect game for this. Right before the Super Bowl when we are all watching anyway.. .Bet the future of TFF's GDTs on the Puppy Bowl.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chichevache posted:

It was actually great all the way through. Stayed on topic for the most part and had some good discussion. No quibbling between Broncos and Seahawks fans (outside the normal taunting at least), and was overall very enjoyable. I liked having a nice single game thread and would enjoy doing it again in the future. I think a majority of people just assumed it would be bad for some reason and didn't bother checking it out.

Or it could have been that the thread and game were bad and slow until the 4th quarter.

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Or it could have been that the thread and game were bad and slow until the 4th quarter.

I agree, if the score isn't 24-28 at halftime it is boring because defense is boring.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Chris James 2 posted:

Didn't see the thread because I had friends over but the game was awesome all the way though

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Chichevache posted:

It wasn't a bad thread but it was a completely pointless one. There isn't enough action at the late games slot to warrant single game threads. Most people only watch whatever the big game is on that time slot anyway and a few people watching the others. Just keep late games as 1 thread.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

We keep talking about the packaging for all this, but we should be talking about the product

There will always be random people who come into the GDT, but unless it's the playoffs 80% of the people who are posting are guys who are here throughout the week. There wouldn't be as much a problem with keeping up with threads if people had more to say than LOL or WHOA or whatever. I mean yeah it's a free-for-all mental diarrhea session with a few kernels of football swimming around it, and I of all people won't be telling anyone not to poo poo post, but at least grab on to the toilet seat for leverage and burn your rear end in a top hat with a little bit of effort before you hit send

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

sweet thursday posted:

We keep talking about the packaging for all this, but we should be talking about the product

There will always be random people who come into the GDT, but unless it's the playoffs 80% of the people who are posting are guys who are here throughout the week. There wouldn't be as much a problem with keeping up with threads if people had more to say than LOL or WHOA or whatever. I mean yeah it's a free-for-all mental diarrhea session with a few kernels of football swimming around it, and I of all people won't be telling anyone not to poo poo post, but at least grab on to the toilet seat for leverage and burn your rear end in a top hat with a little bit of effort before you hit send

That's one of the reasons why I still think megathread is the best idea. We can prance on about it being easier to follow, or more time for effort posts, but I've read the split threads and they are basically still the exact same thing they've always been. White noise posts of people reacting to what's happening. Nobody is talking to each other, not really. It's people posting reactions to what happened. Instead of one big thread with reaction shots, now we have 2. People who effort or try and be funny still get overlooked because no one is really paying that close attention in a GDT, no one ever has. Even single game GDTs at night have this problem. People only discuss when the game is boring, and when the game gets boring we get duck penis derails not discussion.

Why not just keep that in one thread instead of diluting it through more?

sweet thursday posted:

Still though, what's the point of having more things be noticed when they're not worth attention in any case

Nailed it

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Sep 24, 2014

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Febreeze posted:

That's one of the reasons why I still think megathread is the best idea. We can prance on about it being easier to follow, or more time for effort posts, but I've read the split threads and they are basically still the exact same thing they've always been. White noise posts of people reacting to what's happening. Nobody is talking to each other, not really. It's people posting reactions to what happened. Instead of one big thread with reaction shots, now we have 2. People who effort or try and be funny still get overlooked because no one is really paying that close attention in a GDT, no one ever has. Even single game GDTs at night have this problem. People only discuss when the game is boring, and when the game gets boring we get duck penis derails not discussion.

The idea is that I can tangentially follow a couple of the games when there's less posts to filter through. The split is fairly arbitrary IMO but the point is not less white noise, it's less overall posting which means your replies or posts you made which were replied to don't get lost in the din.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Still though, what's the point of having more things be noticed when they're not worth attention in any case

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

It wasn't a bad thread but it was a completely pointless one. There isn't enough action at the late games slot to warrant single game threads. Most people only watch whatever the big game is on that time slot anyway and a few people watching the others. Just keep late games as 1 thread.

Pointless? I don't think it was pointless. The point was to post in it, and we did and it was fun. What else is there to it?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

sweet thursday posted:

Less volume and fewer games. When every game is in one thread it's hard to follow anything unless you're religiously reading the thread.

Split threads are just chill enough that I can watch the game and hang out and :justpost:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

GNU Order posted:

The idea is that I can tangentially follow a couple of the games when there's less posts to filter through. The split is fairly arbitrary IMO but the point is not less white noise, it's less overall posting which means your replies or posts you made which were replied to don't get lost in the din.

The big thread is a great way to keep track of all the games, though. It's a pain in the rear end to go back and forth on a phone when sitting on the couch, so there's no point in checking in on cool poo poo in the other threads.

Like, this argument has gone in circles a billion times and the poll is equal plus a bunch of fencesitters. Is there even an end date when it's getting shut down?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

TubeStank posted:

The big thread is a great way to keep track of all the games, though. It's a pain in the rear end to go back and forth on a phone when sitting on the couch, so there's no point in checking in on cool poo poo in the other threads.

You know what else is a great way of tracking games?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Chichevache posted:

Doesn't do poo poo when you're on your phone on the couch. Also you don't know if anything cool happened.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Keeping track of games means only score now? Or does NFL.com also tell me that a guy got hurt imitating Rodgers, or another guy ran into a teammate's butt? Follow-up question: how do you manage to be wrong about actually everything? I mean, science says eventually with enough things brought up, you're bound to get something right, yet here you are.

TubeStank posted:

Like, this argument has gone in circles a billion times and the poll is equal plus a bunch of fencesitters. Is there even an end date when it's getting shut down?

I'd also like to know this. At this point with things as even as they are I'd like both a big thread for all games (and not everybody has Red Zone so that thread's not what I mean) and the people who want to be secluded to get their precious 2 threads, but I thought the original time for this thread to end was the end of this past game week.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I wish I could revote because after that Seahawks-Broncos GDT, I like the idea of separate threads now even if all I did was post :gizz: and the BroncosManningFace.jpg or variations of "gently caress Jon Fox".

Lessail posted:

Also new people don't be afraid to post!

I think only Broncos fans are scared to post, to be honest. I lurked for a loooong time because of the irrational Broncos hatred. I don't understand it but that's because I'm only a few years into this handegg thing. :shrug: ...now I just use the hatred to power my soul.

This rules. Thanks. e: oh my god this loving rules

Chichevache posted:

uugh..I..agree..gently caress what is happening

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 25, 2014

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Febreeze posted:

I'd argue that the derails are part of the experience. If you were sitting around just watching a game with a few people over, would you seriously go "Ugh, guys stop talking about poo poo other than football" any time someone said anything not game related? And doesn't it make sense to discuss things more when the game is boring so that you don't miss something? It's not like it'd make any sense to whip out your phone and write up a treatise on proper clock management during an 80-yard TD run.

How do people even manage to watch a game while trying to simultaneously keep track of every other game and keep up with everyone posting about every game at the same time?

GNU Order posted:

This.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Now that byes have started are we going back to the big thread? I ask partially because I love the big thread, but also check out this viewing chart for Sunday:

Pretty much everybody gets the lovely GB / CHI game on Fox.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
gently caress you Fox. Who in Florida wants any Jets games?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

swickles posted:

The millions of New York retirees I guess

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
If we're still doing split threads this Sunday the FOX thread is going to be exclusively Great Lakes posters whining about how bad their team is.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

swickles posted:

I would think it would be for Miami fans that want to pay attention to the rest of the division. At least they don't have to watch the Bucs/Steelers game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Man, the 1 pm games are pretty dire this week.

Brannock posted:

If we're still doing split threads this Sunday the FOX thread is going to be exclusively Great Lakes posters whining about how bad their team is.

It will also have smug steelers fans, suicidal-ish Buccaneers fans and Detroit fans confused if they should be smug or ranting that the 8th consecutive run on 1st and 10 has turned into 2nd and 9.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
make a big general thread + specialized redzone thread for cool posters

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Kalli posted:

Man, the 1 pm games are pretty dire this week.

It feels like people have been saying this every week.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

sirtommygunn posted:

It feels like people have been saying this every week.

Yeah but at least there was always quantity.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

TubeStank posted:

Now that byes have started are we going back to the big thread? I ask partially because I love the big thread, but also check out this viewing chart for Sunday:

Pretty much everybody gets the lovely GB / CHI game on Fox.
Absolutely go with 1 big thread this week.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

12pm
CBS - 4 games (incl. London game)
Fox - 3 games

3pm
CBS - 1 game
Fox - 2 games

Regardless, I'd still prefer the split threads :colbert:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Never ever split 4pm game threads.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Athanatos posted:

Never ever split any game threads.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Too bad I can't have the lions-jets on one channel and bears-packers on the other, because both are probably going to be fun to watch.

If you really wanted to split up threads smartly, I'd overlap the cbs/fox maps and have a thread for each pair of morning games. Because people in florida can flip from fox to cbs and be watching two separate games than if I alternate channels in the PNW. Even if they and I stuck to just the fox or cbs thread we'd be talking about two different games.

Or just mention which game you're watching when you post about some cool play:

quote:

This jets qb just ran into his center's butt and fumbled! :lol:^infinity

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 27, 2014

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Wilford Cutlery posted:

12pm
CBS - 4 games (incl. London game)
Fox - 3 games

3pm
CBS - 1 game
Fox - 2 games

Regardless, I'd still prefer the split threads :colbert:

Geez, don't even need a to split 10am from 1pm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

One thread for seven games? gently caress that noise.

• Locked thread