Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

gently caress this gay earth. A retarded chimp could tell the Me-262 is not in an appropriate bracket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Me262 and P51 is a great match.

...and riles me up.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Screw your planes, I want my T-35 (I also want the planes).

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Plan Z posted:

Screw your planes, I want my T-35 (I also want the planes).

The T-35 is going to cost 2,100 Eagles. You have fun with that.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

The T-35 is going to cost 2,100 Eagles. You have fun with that.

Having fun in a T-35 seems pretty easy.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Thief posted:

Could actually be fun with a joystick but otherwise pointing the mouse cursor and using your keyboard to turn is something we already do in this silly game. Let's get so good at racing cyber planes that we start flatspinning mid match :rice:

It was always pretty fun in Il-2, but a lot of that was down to the combination of lovely float carburettor I-16s and the ridiculously hard player made maps that had really ambiguous paths and made you do crazy things like thread the needle between barrage balloon wires only a few metres apart.

It was like Kaizo Mario Kart where first prize was being the last one alive. Also sometimes we would forget to turn off the guns :v:

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
I'm not sure how the whole racing mode is going to pan out. Will it be like events where it is limited to specific airplanes? And there will be different levels of it maybe, where there won't be something that is quite obviously better than something else when it comes to racing (I think the most important things would be top speed and energy retention)

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
Racing already exists in-game where the CL-13 spending half its matches outrunning other Sabres.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
It would be sweet if it's anything goes for the race mode, although they'll have to ban the Komet and Sushi.

Heliosicle fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Sep 26, 2014

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Racemode is currently only ranks 2-4.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Teal posted:

So no comedy OS2U races :(

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
No serious-business Ki-43 races.

Now, if they deliver the Italian tree with decent BR and repair-costs I'll be surprised and happy and pour GE in. And also fix the guns and cannons so that they can compete with notJapan.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

MrLonghair posted:

And also fix the guns and cannons so that they can compete with notJapan.

How are you supposed to fix bad aim?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Fart Car '97 posted:

How are you supposed to fix bad aim?

On Italian guns and cannons I mean. If they ever get their unique cannon calibers. Even sitting behind an afk climber I struggle to take a wing off with that .50cal

e: I swear Wellington 7.7s went down in anti-player strength after the first or maybe second .30 hotfix but in general I'd rather face jets in the Dora than the 229
e: Or if by magic they auto-spaded the Narwhal because that one is actually very fun to play air-tanks with

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Sep 26, 2014

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I feel like the weaker guns are more lethal now since the newest patch coated everything in kerosene. I actually like the damage model as it is now. As a more casual player I like that I can gently caress up once and still survive, albeit heavily damaged and likely to die.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Teal posted:

No H6K boat races through narrow canyons? :qq:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
No P-47 divebomb races? I'd like to see a mode where you try to hit the ground fastest without breaking your wings off.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Sep 26, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

G5N1 race, longest wing-span in the game race! :getin:

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
I will spend money on War Thunder for the first time in a year if they don't gently caress this patch up too badly. Thinking about the T-34 Shielded pack or the Tank Destroyer pack. They're the only Steam packs I don't have. :(

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'd like to see a mode where you try to hit the ground fastest without breaking your wings off.

There already is one, it's called Realistic Battles. :rimshot:

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

But Ground Strike - African Canyon already exists :confused:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Current event: Bi-planes vs. flying MG-fortress, also early monoplanes.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Current event: Bi-planes vs. flying MG-fortress, also early monoplanes.

... on a bigass map that takes ages to cross at the speed those planes are capable of ...

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Yeah, Spain is a terrible map for everything but jets.

McDeth
Jan 12, 2005

Thief posted:

Racing already exists in-game where the CL-13 spending half its matches outrunning other Sabres.

You misspelled curbstoping

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Thief posted:

Racing already exists in-game where the single F-80C spends the entire match CL-13 spending half its matches outrunning other Sabres the entire Japanese team.
FTFY.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Teal posted:

MrLonghair posted:

No serious-business Ki-43 races.

Thats pretty funny, given the American Premium Ki-43 featured a few times during the race trailer.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Just [enter name of plane faster than what the enemy can field ever (and carries so much fuel that the enemy will have to land before it has to)] instead.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Thats pretty funny, given the American Premium Ki-43 featured a few times during the race trailer.

The Ki-43-II is being moved up to tier 2, so we'll have the Hayabusa races.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Unreal_One posted:

BR talk: I'm sorry for ruining the Spit Vc for everyone else: Krymsk.jpg.
Most of my time was spent working together with a pubbie P51. Even protected him when he had to land (fuel leak). I unironically fly the Spit Vc like a Tempest II vs. :911: jets.

I'll probably fail at explaining it with words, but here's how I do it:

Fly "away" from the faster opponents (jets), try to keep your flightpath at least 30° angled to theirs. Once they close to less than 2km/1.5km (depending on speed difference) start with a hard horizontal turn into them (gun defence) but midway roll inverted and switch to a split-s with the exit direction being identical with their flight path.
You'll be fast and close enough to pull up and fire a short burst at them. They might even feel like dodging/maneuvering, thus allowing you to shoot them down. If you time it right.
If your timing is off. Well you'll end up slightly below them AND in front of their guns. I advise to get your timing right. Also don't get shot.

P.S.
Everyone else was doing this probably already for several month.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

Don't take it personally, but every time you post I just CTRL+F "manual", "engine" and "controls". :v: I'd try it if I weren't so lazy with the buttons.

(Why yes I am playing Spain, I've been for the last five minutes and I'm still not even near the enemy team)

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Unreal_One posted:

Yessssssss, Hayabusa owns

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!
Is there any indication as to when the next premium sale kicks in?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Azran posted:

Don't take it personally, but every time you post I just CTRL+F "manual", "engine" and "controls". :v: I'd try it if I weren't so lazy with the buttons.

(Why yes I am playing Spain, I've been for the last five minutes and I'm still not even near the enemy team)

I don't :D. You won't need manual controls on most planes. And honestly it's most important in situation when one party chases the other. The Spit Vc and Tempest II are both perfectly fine without MEC.

There is no point in flying in a way you don't enjoy. I personally have found more fun in Thiefs suggested gamemode of "staying alive" instead of playing "gotta have those kills". Not that I'd mind getting those kills.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

^^ Yeah, I guess I prefer the mindset of "every kill I achieve, even if I die, is a player that won't destroy my team". I tend to go for the people with the most kills on their team.

Next sale should be on Christmas.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

I have a habit of headhunting the enemy's ace pilots, as much to ensure more freedom to do my own thing as it is to keep my awful pubbies alive a little longer.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Chronojam posted:

I have a habit of headhunting the enemy's ace pilots, as much to ensure more freedom to do my own thing as it is to keep my awful pubbies alive a little longer.

I love doing this just to piss on their parade.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

In my heart, I think that's why I'm really doing it. The other poo poo is after-the-fact rationalizing.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Azran posted:

^^ Yeah, I guess I prefer the mindset of "every kill I achieve, even if I die, is a player that won't destroy my team". I tend to go for the people with the most kills on their team.

Next sale should be on Christmas.

I didn't mean to say I'm going out of my way to hide 24/7 until the situation is "let's clean up". I just don't follow people that dive away and/or pull away when someone else starts shooting "my" enemy. If someone else is approaching my dogfight and I notice it in time, then I'll try to position my current opponent in a way which enables the "newcomer" to the fight to get a good shot.

Plane recommendation time:
109F4 is awesome and you should fly it.

Event recommendation:
He-112 V5: It's not totally awesome. But you can unlock a :japan: skin. Which IS awesome.

P.S.
Getting into a low tier match with a Ki-43 is literally seal clubbing. :britain: Bi-planes just stand no chance against it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

My play style is split between scouting for reds and rear end-covering duty. Getting some douchebag off my teammate's rear end is pretty much the height of satisfaction for me. It's also an easy kill.

• Locked thread