Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Here's what I got out of the blurbs.

PG 1/60 RX-0 Unicorn Gundam
21,600 yen (+8% tax) (December 2014 Release)
    Perfect recreation of the Unicorn Mode to Destroy Mode transformation. (Including face guard unfolding)
    Implementation of a "Third Form".
    The entire body's red psychoframe will feature a light up gimmick.
    For the transformation's open-close movement, the v-fin will feature a magnet. This will let it look good in Unicorn mode. When it unfolds in Destroy Mode, the inside will also be gold colored.
    Seeking the utmost articulation in the elbows and knees.

PERFECT GRADE
    The hardpoints on the legs can be used in either mode. (?)
    Weapons: Shield x1, Beam Magnum x1, Beam Magnum cartridge x1, Beam Gatling Gun x2, Beam Saber x4, Beam Bazooka x1
    Includes a display base.
    Will have a wide variety of decals.
    LED units (sold separately) can make the pyschoframe light up.
    Total height: 361 mm (in Destroy Mode).

PG 1/60 RX-0 Unicorn Gundam LED Units
12,960 yen (+8% tax) (December 2014 Release)
    PG 1/60 RX-0 Unicorn Gundam will use LEDs.
    The psychoframe will use twenty-nine, and the camera one. In total there will be 30 LEDs.
    There is a light up sequence (operated by a switch):
      1. The camera gradually lights up.
      2. The psychoframe gradually lights up.
      3. The psychoframe gradually shuts off, then the camera.
The light-up sequence also has a built-in Auto Mode.

And then there's a big blurb on the Unicorn's history nobody should care about.

Ka0 posted:

Might as well come out and ask; is there any point in the master grade kits? Do real grade models offer something extra?
Yes I'm new at this thing. Throw oranges at my face.

MGs are bigger, more detailed, and more articulated. RGs are the same size as HGs, more detailed, and more articulated. Both feature inner frames.

Has somebody pointed you to dalong yet? Because you should go to dalong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Ka0 posted:

Might as well come out and ask; is there any point in the master grade kits? Do real grade models offer something extra?

Master grade is the best ones, is the best combination of complex but not retarded (EG PG) engineering. MG is 1/100, while HG is 1/144. I think RG is too? RG as I understand it is more complex than the HG but at the same size.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Got it, thanks for clearing that up.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
30 LEDs!

My only wish is that it came with 3 shields to do the rotating defense with some kind of actions base.

Ka0 posted:

To pile on: Master Grades are bigger, higher quality, and more detailed. Also, more expensive and more complex, featuring an inner frame.

Real Grades are smaller but just as good at a lower price.

My first kit was a Master, my second was an RG. I prefer the RG.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
:stare: :stare: :stare:

HOLY gently caress! These announcements! PG Unicorn? RG Wing EW Set?! hhhhhhhnngggg...

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Also Bandai likes to reuse RG inner frames as many times as they can get away with and this can lead to wonky proportions and scale being off. Just something to be aware of if you care about that kind of thing.

And oh man, that PG is looking hilarious, can you imagine having to fix it after it takes a dive into the floor with all the wiring for 30 loving LEDs? :laffo:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I feel real loving bad for the dudes who bandai locked in a room and forced to try and make a PG Unicorn work.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Gaius Marius posted:

I feel real loving bad for the dudes who bandai locked in a room and forced to try and make a PG Unicorn work.

If they'd elected for an RG version instead, the room probably would've turned into a bloodbath.

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Also Bandai likes to reuse RG inner frames as many times as they can get away with and this can lead to wonky proportions and scale being off. Just something to be aware of if you care about that kind of thing.

Who cares so long as it means I get a Heavyarms Custom Kai RG? :shepspends:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

1/60 is a scale where they can get the transformation stable actually. It depends on if they're willing to use metal parts.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

And oh man, that PG is looking hilarious, can you imagine having to fix it after it takes a dive into the floor with all the wiring for 30 loving LEDs? :laffo:

Given Unicorn's size and the fact that Bandai hasn't used wired LEDs for ages now, they can probably just put a bunch of MG LEDs in the frame for the lighting effect.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

TaurusOxford posted:

Given Unicorn's size and the fact that Bandai hasn't used wired LEDs for ages now, they can probably just put a bunch of MG LEDs in the frame for the lighting effect.

I figured that with the LEDs lighting up in sequence there would need to be wiring to make that work? Unless each one has a wireless transmitter I guess.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

1/60 is a scale where they can get the transformation stable actually. It depends on if they're willing to use metal parts.

I'll bet you any amount of money that the Unicorn hideously unstable and difficult to transform. Shitloads of moving pieces and model kits just don't go together no matter the scale.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
If there's one thing that being a shameless toy addict has taught me, it's that even just making a regular old transforming toy is a lot easier to gently caress up than it looks. Make that toy into a model kit, you got some real problems to overcome.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Gaius Marius posted:

I'll bet you any amount of money that the Unicorn hideously unstable and difficult to transform. Shitloads of moving pieces and model kits just don't go together no matter the scale.

The PG Zeta is super stable, it just looks like rear end. :ssh:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Okay, I think someone at Bandai's finally realised that letting the people in charge huff paint leads to batshit insane gunpla ideas, which leads to nerds buying those batshit insane ideas, which leads to money.

If they show any signs of sobering up before releasing an RG Ez-8 and Ground Type, tie the fuckers down and feed them more :catdrugs:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DigitalRaven posted:

Okay, I think someone at Bandai's finally realised that letting the people in charge huff paint leads to batshit insane gunpla ideas, which leads to nerds buying those batshit insane ideas, which leads to money.

My theory is that they're snorting runner sprue dust like it's crack cocaine.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Bandai has been utterly crazy this year, I honestly did expect an MG kit or something this december but not this.

Now come on PG Sinanju in 2015. :getin:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zedd posted:

Bandai has been utterly crazy this year, I honestly did expect an MG kit or something this december but not this.

Now come on PG Sinanju in 2015. :getin:

That's not insane enough.

Perfect Grade Sazabi :unsmigghh:. For when the Neo Zeong just doesn't take up enough space in your home.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Gonna be honest, kind of bummed it wasn't MG V2AB.

But there's still two days left, maybe they'll announce some stuff for next year.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Perfect Grade Sazabi :unsmigghh:. For when the Neo Zeong just doesn't take up enough space in your home.

1/1 scale Nightingale World Tour.

Ok, for something more plausible: RG Nu Gundam and Sazabi.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Perfect Grade Penelope. Go big or go home.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
PG Angel Halo :shepicide:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
1/144 scale space colony.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

1/1 scale Nightingale World Tour.

Ok, for something more plausible: RG Nu Gundam and Sazabi.

I'm actually glad they've waited as long as they have on the RG nu, so the end product can be better. RG nu is a guaranteed nuclear moneysplosion for the company so it's nice to see some patience applied to it.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

The answer is HG or MG Messer.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
ELF addon parts for all the 00 MG kits.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

So HG Rinascita comes with a part that lets you slap on whatever BF backpack you want.

It also lets you do this.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
GundamGuy updated with a translation of the PG Unicorn's text

quote:

Gimmicks:
PG Unicorn
>Fully transformable (Face guard "expansion" included)
>"Third form" realized
>Red psychoframe in special glow (in the dark? blacklight?) plastic
>"Transformation" uses magnet in antenna. Antenna inside is gold coloured.
>Without destroying the aesthetics, the limit of articulation in the elbow and knee region has been pushed

Accessories
1 Beam Magnum
1 Shield
1 Hyper Bazooka
1 Display Stand
2 Beam Gattling Guns
4 Beam Sabers
Ammo Packs for Beam Magnum.
*Weapons can be mounted onto Display base.
PG Unicorn UV illumination LED unit set
>For use with Psychoframe with 29 TWENTY NINE units, and one for the eyes, making the total 30
>Sequences: camera eyes light up, psychoframe (fade?) to strong light, then Psychoframe fades(?) out, and camera eye turns off as well
>There is an auto mode for the sequence

What's the third form, out of curiosity? I haven't seen Unicorn, but I'm guessing it's with all that crystal growth erupting from the psycho-frame?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I think I'm ready for a Perfect Grade. The Unicorn looks tempting and I've always loved the Zeta, but I'm open to getting any of them bar the Strike. I've heard that there are issues with the kits that transform.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

No, that can't possibly be it. The only 'third form' I've ever seen is the little SD 'beast mode' thing where you stick the beam saber up its rear end to make it look like a tail.

No telling until we get some real photos of the thing, I'm guessing. But holy poo poo I'm happy with the accessory count. Now we just need a third party to make 1/60th scale Armed Armors. :unsmigghh:

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012
So, 21,600 for the kit, plus 12,960 for all the LEDs equals 34,560 yen for the hole shebang. :stonklol:

Not counting, ya know, shipping. poo poo, even I'm not THAT crazy.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

actually if the kit's good I may buy it. I never use LED gimmicks, so I wouldn't mind having and big rear end unicorn if the kit's okay :shrug: Price is about what I'd be willing to pay.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

The price is pretty fair considering Unicorn is going to be the tallest PG yet. Even Unicorn mode is just barely under Zeta, and Destroy is like a full head taller.

And for perspective on the pricing, 00R and SF had a base price of 25,000. Obviously with the LEDs Unicorn is more expensive, but by itself it's actually kind of cheap.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Yeah, it's a sort of twisted genius. It's pretty cheap for a PG, so they can just churn out recolors with impunity and not have a huge backlash.

I'm kinda hoping they take another whack at that whole modular weapon pack thing they were gonna do with the PG Strike and then ditched. They could just churn out Armed Armors, extra gatlings/rifles, and maybe even the booster pack :unsmigghh:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Oh hey, here's another thing - yet another MC suit from an actual show goes the "exclusive" route:

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Sep 26, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's a pro-shop exclusive. That means it's going to be an altered version of the existing HG (1/144 or 1/100, who knows) Dynames as imagined by some big name hobbyist, probably Kawaguchi.

For example, his Gundam 1.5.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
edit: you know, normally I would have figured that out on my own. This TG III bizness has got me spooked.

Bimmi fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Sep 26, 2014

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Unicorns third mode has me think of some half transformed/bursting open form like the mg nu ver ka.
Would also fit with all the time banager tried to keep it from going nt-d.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Bimmi posted:

edit: you know, normally I would have figured that out on my own. This TG III bizness has got me spooked.

It's understandable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Another tidbit from the show: non-scale Space Colony by WAVE, release 01/15 @ ¥3600.

• Locked thread