Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

keyframe posted:

I am not ashamed to admit that I beat every boss in this game by peppering them with arrows while they are busy with the phantoms I summoned. :colbert:

Well you should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Sheep-Goats posted:

Well you should be
I was summoned by a host with another phantom to fight the graverobbers. I threw a lloyd's talisman at havel and went after the archer. I was followed by the dual-wielding guy, while the host and his phantom double-teamed on havel. So here I am fighting the two by myself and have both of them below 50% while havel has somehow barely been scuffed. Then the host dies. I really wish I could have been watching those two 'fight' havel. :allears:

On my 2nd 'not-blind' playthrough I did a bunch of hosting with a single summon against the throne watchers just waiting to see if any of them could dodge worth a drat. If you stay far enough back the watchers don't bother you at all, so I'd just watch someone else be terrible at a boss I knew how to beat. I don't remember how many summons I went through, but I do remember that not one of them survived and eventually I just killed the watchers myself. Hard to watch other people be bad at a thing you know how to do and not feel the urge to do it right yourself.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

keyframe posted:

I am not ashamed to admit that I beat every boss in this game by peppering them with arrows while they are busy with the phantoms I summoned. :colbert:

It is you, you are the monster.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

turtlecrunch posted:

It doesn't crash everything when you bring it up if that's what you mean.

Is there a method to scale the overlay up so it isn't a tny box, or am I stuck there?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Attestant posted:

It is you, you are the monster.

If I have two summoned in for Last Giant or Dragonrider I just sit in the background doing warcry over and over.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Aw man but Last Giant is so much fun to fight.

Die motherfucker, you huge motherfuckin locked up lazy lonely son of a bitch.

I mean hes fuckin huge, the Giant Lord (Giant King?) was fuckin huge, so this Last Giant must have been pretty important right.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
From's fetish is just migrating from whacking big sexy monsters in the knees downward to the shins and eventually just the feet.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

SHISHKABOB posted:

I mean hes fuckin huge, the Giant Lord (Giant King?) was fuckin huge, so this Last Giant must have been pretty important right.

Seems to me like he is the same guy without the crown and fancy pants.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

skasion posted:

Seems to me like he is the same guy without the crown and fancy pants.

They have different souls, so I don't think so.

More likely that there was more than one tall lanky giant. He could also just be a malnourished big giant.

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

Tried to infuse the MLGS with Enchanted. It has 93% physical defense and decent physical damage but the special attacks deal no damage anymore.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Domattee posted:

Tried to infuse the MLGS with Enchanted. It has 93% physical defense and decent physical damage but the special attacks deal no damage anymore.

Now you know not to infuse it with Enchanted. Unless you really have to kill lions with it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SHISHKABOB posted:

He has like two attacks. Then he rips his arm off and one of his two attacks has a slightly longer range, but still can't hit you if you just stand behind him so whatever.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Last Giant's all fun and games until you get landed on

it always happens when you have a human summon watching you too, god forbid I suffer a humiliating fuckup in private eh :v:

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

He has like two attacks. Then he rips his arm off and one of his two attacks has a slightly longer range, but still can't hit you if you just stand behind him so whatever.

I meant fun in a non-mechanical kind of way. Like. He's scary. Look at his face it's a big hole ohgod. Then you whale on him. And he dies.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Made a new PVP vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VV3PEUhbztE

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Poor Stormbourne...

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Tallgeese posted:

Is there a method to scale the overlay up so it isn't a tny box, or am I stuck there?

I haven't been home in a while so I can't look at my overlay to compare, but I don't remember it being tiny. I don't think there's any way to make it bigger though. I will be able to look tonight.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
So when and where do we nab the blue sword? I wasnt playing during the white katana thing last time.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Man, this double-caestus Covenant of Champions run is kicking my rear end. On my other characters, I've always been a fan of jolly cooperation because I like doing the bosses with others, so soloing bosses is pretty rough. Last Giant and dragon bro are down, but I'm having a rough time with both Pursuer and Old Dragonrider. Probably going to try Flexile next, see how that goes.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Pyrolocutus posted:

Man, this double-caestus Covenant of Champions run is kicking my rear end. On my other characters, I've always been a fan of jolly cooperation because I like doing the bosses with others, so soloing bosses is pretty rough. Last Giant and dragon bro are down, but I'm having a rough time with both Pursuer and Old Dragonrider. Probably going to try Flexile next, see how that goes.

This is good for you. It is medicine and it's making you stronger. Swallow it. Swallow the pain.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Harvey Mantaco posted:

So when and where do we nab the blue sword? I wasnt playing during the white katana thing last time.

I'm not sure when but you can get the blue sword from the chest in Majula, probably when the DLC comes out. If it's just a soul vessel teleport to the things betwixt, come back to majula and it should be there. At least that's what I had to do the last time they changed the chest item.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

What sword is the last guy using?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

lordfrikk posted:

What sword is the last guy using?

Black Knight Greatsword, buffed with Dark Weapon (which is kinda silly; since it has native fire damage Fire Weapon is better).

The thing's range is fantastic. As you can see in the clip I get dinged a few times due to that and not being used to it (I rarely see people using it, even at high SM, for some reason).

Cainer
May 8, 2008

That poor blue that dived over the edge, I always feel so bad for them cause it takes hours to get summoned only to make a dumb mistake and die immediately. I have done that so many times.

Also holy poo poo at your oneshot kills with that giant deathsword. I am surprised I don't see more invaders with it.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Cainer posted:

That poor blue that dived over the edge, I always feel so bad for them cause it takes hours to get summoned only to make a dumb mistake and die immediately. I have done that so many times.

Also holy poo poo at your oneshot kills with that giant deathsword. I am surprised I don't see more invaders with it.

If you notice I got the same blue (I think) in a couple different invasions, all in the span of about an hour. Heide's in ng+ seems to be a decent place to get counter invasions.

As for the FUGS riposte (or any ultra greatsword really), it's really only oneshot death in ng+, and if all the ticks go through (if you don't know, crits do 1.5x damage on ng+ (2x in ng++, and regular in ng+++ and beyond), and all crits are split into two or three hits, with one less if either of you has FPS below 40). And even then some players have high enough defense to barely survive. It's also very heavy, high stat requiring, and tough to use.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

turtlecrunch posted:

I haven't been home in a while so I can't look at my overlay to compare, but I don't remember it being tiny. I don't think there's any way to make it bigger though. I will be able to look tonight.

Quoting myself - I looked at it finally and there doesn't seem to be any difference between the overlay in DS2 with GeDoSaTo active and in another game, the panels are all at the bottom of the screen and fairly tiny. Not resizable. However I can't get the buttons on the overlay to actually work so I always have to go out to the main client to do anything. Chatting (provided someone else messages you first) works fine. The buttons not working might be an issue on my end though.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Genocyber posted:

If you notice I got the same blue (I think) in a couple different invasions, all in the span of about an hour. Heide's in ng+ seems to be a decent place to get counter invasions.

As for the FUGS riposte (or any ultra greatsword really), it's really only oneshot death in ng+, and if all the ticks go through (if you don't know, crits do 1.5x damage on ng+ (2x in ng++, and regular in ng+++ and beyond), and all crits are split into two or three hits, with one less if either of you has FPS below 40). And even then some players have high enough defense to barely survive. It's also very heavy, high stat requiring, and tough to use.

No I did not know about that and what the hell, why are crits tied to FPS?! Every once in a while I see my crits did less damage and I always wondered why, that is dumb.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Genocyber posted:

Black Knight Greatsword, buffed with Dark Weapon (which is kinda silly; since it has native fire damage Fire Weapon is better).

The thing's range is fantastic. As you can see in the clip I get dinged a few times due to that and not being used to it (I rarely see people using it, even at high SM, for some reason).

Yeah, I don't see it much at all that's why I didn't recognize it. The range really is a bit unexpected.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I found this funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm6XhYy33Dg

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Cainer posted:

No I did not know about that and what the hell, why are crits tied to FPS?! Every once in a while I see my crits did less damage and I always wondered why, that is dumb.

From is pretty new at PC games, consoles are locked to a certain FPS. Frames were used a lot to moderate things in games in the old days -- remember attack speed in Diablo 2? It's probably one of those antiquated practices that save on processing.

Durability is (was?) also locked to FPS, since the consoles are pegged at 30 that means on the PC we're dealing with twice the durability drain that console players get. You know how your katana* dies about halfway through the Wharf? That's why.

*look at this sly insult I've put in here oh my

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Not quite. The only durability drain that is increased by FPS greater than 30 is that done when you swing your weapon through a corpse or an ally (i.e. a phantom you summoned).

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I feel like I really noticed that when I ran through the spider-lands with the Heide spear. My straight pokes would one-shot a group of three of them, but I felt like I was losing durability a lot faster. Probably because of all the flailing limbs of the corpses.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Spears linger in the hitbox longer than a sword or whatever. You're not just sweeping quickly through.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yooooo, Samurai Champloooooo.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Only request from FROM I'm going to make:

Put in a helm that's Adjudicator's bird head from Demon's and make it eat all the souls that come toward you so you never increase your soul memory.

OR

No SM for matches after NG, soul level only. 20 + 10%.

raton fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Sep 26, 2014

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
You know what? gently caress YOU From.

I finally figured out the pattern of those axe wielding helicopter fuckers and yeah I can take three of you on bitch, choke on my manly cock you undead fucks. Yeah, dropping the barrel turds into the boss room was a clever design but not hard. Lighting/dark baseballs thrown at me by an oh by the way teleporting witch bitch was a breeze. I expected the spawns behind and in front of me motherfucker, I was just running to keep my heart rate up. I did NOT expect that ambush to jump out of a mound of ash, but ok, that's fair. This is Dark Souls bitch and I remember Sen's Fortress. It wasn't as bad as people said, but that's because I'm a veteran. I cut my teeth on Demon Souls, gently caress you. No, what pisses me off is when I have 13k souls and then I get invaded by a motherfucker WHO TURNS AND RUNS AWAY. What the gently caress is that? Yeah I sniped one of the firebomb assholes YES I DID NOTICE YOU IMPROVED THEIR AIMING AI. Did you have to make the floating armor patrol and chase me up the staircase when I just want to longbow the other flaming firebomber? Really? WHEN YOU ALREADY loving MADE THOSE COCKSUCKERS COMEBACK TO LIFE. I just wanted my souls From. Throwing curse on top of the mix out of no where was not cool bro, not cool at all. And to top it all off the loving red phantom has the gall to SHRUG as I'm sprinting down the stairs, out of estrus and nearly out of durability as I get gang raped by another patrolling floating armor coming UP from below as the unkillable bitch jumps down on me from above, I'm cursed, a firebomb shaves off a third of my heath with a +3 ring vs Fire was equipped and there is another dual wielding axeholeaghfuckyouiwamtmysouls!!!!!

:fuckoff: From!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Quit gettin' mad at videogames From Software.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
SO. ANGRY.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
At least you're not that one guy who broke his game CD and 2 controllers, posted 3000x3000 images of his broken stuff in this thread without timg-ing them, bitched out a dude who immediately called him a huge baby, and somehow still expected sympathy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Helical Nightmares posted:

You know what? gently caress YOU From.

I finally figured out the pattern of those axe wielding helicopter fuckers and yeah I can take three of you on bitch, choke on my manly cock you undead fucks. Yeah, dropping the barrel turds into the boss room was a clever design but not hard. Lighting/dark baseballs thrown at me by an oh by the way teleporting witch bitch was a breeze. I expected the spawns behind and in front of me motherfucker, I was just running to keep my heart rate up. I did NOT expect that ambush to jump out of a mound of ash, but ok, that's fair. This is Dark Souls bitch and I remember Sen's Fortress. It wasn't as bad as people said, but that's because I'm a veteran. I cut my teeth on Demon Souls, gently caress you. No, what pisses me off is when I have 13k souls and then I get invaded by a motherfucker WHO TURNS AND RUNS AWAY. What the gently caress is that? Yeah I sniped one of the firebomb assholes YES I DID NOTICE YOU IMPROVED THEIR AIMING AI. Did you have to make the floating armor patrol and chase me up the staircase when I just want to longbow the other flaming firebomber? Really? WHEN YOU ALREADY loving MADE THOSE COCKSUCKERS COMEBACK TO LIFE. I just wanted my souls From. Throwing curse on top of the mix out of no where was not cool bro, not cool at all. And to top it all off the loving red phantom has the gall to SHRUG as I'm sprinting down the stairs, out of estrus and nearly out of durability as I get gang raped by another patrolling floating armor coming UP from below as the unkillable bitch jumps down on me from above, I'm cursed, a firebomb shaves off a third of my heath with a +3 ring vs Fire was equipped and there is another dual wielding axeholeaghfuckyouiwamtmysouls!!!!!

:fuckoff: From!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxAuzQJAyRU