Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snortpocket
Apr 27, 2004

Oh... my podcast... it's so good... ungh.... it's the best.... podcast ever.... oh god.... UNNNGGGGGHHHH

SuperPerfundo posted:

It's actually Twiggy Planetree in his final screen appearance.

it's groot you dummies

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Very much like death itself, it was not a question of "if", but rather a question of "when".

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

mcbexx posted:

Very much like death itself, it was not a question of "if", but rather a question of "when".

My first response was noting how convenient it was that he had a camera on a tripod to film the moment, perfectly focused and framed. Almost as if he was planning on this happening.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Well, it's made of dominoes, so he was probably planning on knocking it over at some point, but he was just filming himself building it and it wasn't finished and fell early, hence the despair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPjddqhB7f8

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

I'm trying to see how this is a loss.jpg. Congratulations, Something Awful, you have broken me.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Of course not, silly!

It's a dickbutt.

EDIT: On further review, okay, you can probably only get a vague silhouette of a dickbutt out of it.

dont be mean to me has a new favorite as of 07:47 on Sep 26, 2014

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Help Im Alive posted:

Hey when are we switching to webm because wow this is less than 1mb

http://zippy.gfycat.com/CircularGaseousGalapagosalbatross.webm

Evilreaver posted:

Webm is straight up wizard magic and SA will have no part of that :mad:

There is nothing mysterious about an actual video compression format developed in the 2000s being better at video compression than an image format developed in the 1980s that has had animation tacked onto it.

You can already embed webm-equivalents on SA, btw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_teB4ujKzdE

If you want it to be more like a gif, mute it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014

:aaaaa:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Tracula posted:

There was one episode where it was a flashback to Woodhouse during WWI and he was behind enemy lines killing Germans in silhouette and such. For some reason that sticks out to me as a bit in Archer that was really well animated and not just against the rest of the show. It was just plain well done. I'm sure someone here can dig up some gifs of that.

Fake edit: If memory serves the name of the episode was "The Double Deuce."

Kennel has a new favorite as of 11:48 on Sep 26, 2014

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

What am I missing here?

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred

Dr_Amazing posted:

What am I missing here?

Your loss that you're not getting it bro.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

REGGIE!

drat scrolling backgrounds bloating file sizes.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

XTimmy posted:

I've watched it many times, and I'm not getting what these scenes are linking....

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

XTimmy posted:

Oh ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Archer benefits a heap in the effort put into facial animation is wellll above most other animations so you're far more ready to accept the more stilted motion elsewhere.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Does anyone have the gif of a older woman who falls down the stairs yelling "Allahu Akbar!" and then explodes?

Hogge Wild has a new favorite as of 14:42 on Sep 26, 2014

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Wasabi the J posted:

I've watched it many times, and I'm not getting what these scenes are linking....

Sadly I will have to be That Guy and agree with this.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Ishamael posted:

Sadly I will have to be That Guy and agree with this.

Apparently it's loss.jpg

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.

Wasabi the J posted:

Apparently it's loss.jpg

Holy poo poo that has to be the most convincing depiction of loss.jpg I've seen so far.

They even included the name in the corner :vince:

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Wasabi the J posted:

Apparently it's loss.jpg

That is quite a stretch.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Deteriorata posted:

My first response was noting how convenient it was that he had a camera on a tripod to film the moment, perfectly focused and framed. Almost as if he was planning on this happening.

I had the exact same thought, but then it occurred to me that if I was building a giant domino pyramid I'd probably start rolling the camera a little before finishing just in case it went down early.

Although I do still think he doesn't look quite disappointed enough for it to be accidental.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Ishamael posted:

That is quite a stretch.

Have you seen the meme thread? There's things in there you wouldn't believe.

Abandon all hope, ye who enter the meme thread.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Lugaloco posted:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Lugaloco posted:

The meme thread is where all the cool kids hang out you want to be a cool kid don't you

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Erebus posted:

The meme thread is where all the cool kids hang out you want to be a cool kid don't you

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
I love that Bryan Cranston voiced this character for the English dub.

The late-1940s The Adventures of Batman and Robin serial was brimming with incredible, well-choreographed action and whip-snap editing.

Promotion for Psycho

Speakeasy with Paul F. Tompkins

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

The Mentalizer posted:

I had the exact same thought, but then it occurred to me that if I was building a giant domino pyramid I'd probably start rolling the camera a little before finishing just in case it went down early.

Although I do still think he doesn't look quite disappointed enough for it to be accidental.

Maybe it's the hundredtwentyseventh time and all he has in life is bills and the soft rustle of tumbling kaplas?

Also, I'm putting homosexulaist on my business card. Or someone elses. It's a drat good word that shouldn't go unused.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Robert Denby posted:

I love that Bryan Cranston voiced this character for the English dub.

What's the source for this? I only have it on DVD. :sigh:

(Macross animu poo poo)

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010

What's a good site to upload gifs? Imgur is so small and minus.com won't let me sign up :(

Selklubber has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Sep 26, 2014

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Selklubber posted:

What's a good site to upload gifs? Imgur is so small and minus.com won't let me sign up :(

You don't have to sign up for minus. Just upload the gif and it gives you a URL.

Doctor Bishop
Oct 22, 2013

To understand what happened at the diner, we use Mr. Papaya. This is upsetting because he is the friendliest of fruits.

Selklubber posted:

Gfycat is really the best option for uploading GIFs as far as I know, since it doesn't seem to have any upload limits (plus there's the whole thing about being able to view the GIFs as videos, but I don't think that works for everyone, so it's more a neat little bonus than anything else).

But seriously, no one should use Minus ever. That site is a mass of overly-hyped poo poo run by idiots.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Doctor Bishop posted:

Gfycat is really the best option for uploading GIFs as far as I know, since it doesn't seem to have any upload limits (plus there's the whole thing about being able to view the GIFs as videos, but I don't think that works for everyone, so it's more a neat little bonus than anything else).

But seriously, no one should use Minus ever. That site is a mass of overly-hyped poo poo run by idiots.

It was pretty good before it turned into whatever the gently caress it is now. Seconding the gfycat love, though.

Selklubber
Jul 11, 2010

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What's wrong with minus? It seems to host images. What else do you want it to do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Karate Bastard posted:

What's wrong with minus? It seems to host images. What else do you want it to do?

It could call its mother once in a while.

• Locked thread