Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I remember sometime last year Meltzer said they weren't releasing guys because they didn't want them doing shoot interviews. Ryder seems like the perfect candidate for someone that would immediately do a bitter, creative-exposing shoot, so they keep him around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Shima Honnou posted:

She'll gently caress up pointing a bat somehow. God help us if they put her anywhere near the rafters.

Sounds like a self correcting problem to me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cromulent posted:

I remember sometime last year Meltzer said they weren't releasing guys because they didn't want them doing shoot interviews. Ryder seems like the perfect candidate for someone that would immediately do a bitter, creative-exposing shoot, so they keep him around.

That doesn't make any sense. He could just quit.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

coconono posted:

He'll do the shoot if he's fired, but he's probably not going to quit his high-paid jobber job for the thousand bucks and a case of Bud Light Limes* he'd get for doing a shoot interview. Even as a jobber, Zack is still making more money than 85% per cent of people who are in the wrestling business.

*I have no idea what shoot interview people are paid, but there's no way it's enough to justify leaving a WWE contract.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Cromulent posted:

They were considering releasing expensive announcers last month but didn't want them to jump to TNA.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

pressedbunny posted:

Quick, somebody get Eric Bischoff into prosthetics, stat!

Sorry but one of 3 Minute Warning is dead and the other has heart problems. :smith:

Unless he's got the Usos now or something.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

TheJoker138 posted:

I want them to change Paige's gimmick to someone who has never had a friend before and literally does not understand what being someone's friend entailed. That would explain all her behavior with AJ, and lead to several other storylines where people mislead and take advantage of her by lying about what it is.

Team her up with Bayley and I'd pay money.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Justin Gabriel's instagram contains an ominous photo of him parachuting and imploring people to watch Main Event because you never know when the last 450 will turn out

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Can Bayley dress up like The Crow too?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

If he quits he wouldn't be allowed to do anything wrestle related for awhile after.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

King of Trios was this weekend and one of the teams was Archibald Peck and 3.0. Unfortunately for them, a big chunk of the crowd took exception to Shane Matthews' regular misogyny on Twitter, so they spent all three nights getting booed despite being faces.

Archibald Peck posted:

What's the opposite of "getting the rub" from someone? Because that's what @Shane3point0 and @Jagged3point0 did for me at #KOT14.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Unfortunately when 3.0 popped up on Steen's Weekend Escapades, Matthews alluded to thinking he doesn't think ladies' wrestlers are worth a drat. He also said that he doesn't understand the hate for Nickelback, and figures everybody must be jumping on the hate bandwagon, because somebody must be buying their records.

Shane Matthews is not a smart man, is what I'm saying.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Gavok posted:

King of Trios was this weekend and one of the teams was Archibald Peck and 3.0. Unfortunately for them, a big chunk of the crowd took exception to Shane Matthews' regular misogyny on Twitter, so they spent all three nights getting booed despite being faces.

Not Big Magic!

Seriously though, I didn't see anything too god awful (although there were a couple digs at fat girls.) And this:

Seems like a fair trade.

OmegaBR fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 25, 2014

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

OmegaBR posted:

Not Big Magic!

Seriously though, I didn't see anything too god awful (although there were a couple digs at fat girls.)

On his twitter? It looks like he deleted some stuff going by his latest tweet but I wouldn't know

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Last year during SHIMMER at Wrestlecon, LuFisto did a moonsault from the top rope to the floor and missed everyone and busted up her kneecap when she landed on the floor. After that, Shane Matthews went on Twitter and made fun of her multiple times. He also makes fun of them having wishlists and doing custom matches. So, yeah, he's kind of a dick on Twitter, but seemingly a nice guy in person. I can't boo the guy. When I asked him about the booing on Saturday, he basically told me "I only know how to be me". So, I guess he doesn't really care about the booing at all.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

I was thinking the exact same thing. They could be friends and wrestle well and it would be pretty good.

And then Eva Marie could drop from the rafters with a baseball bat and somehow impale herself on that baseball bat and die because she is completely terrible at everything other than standing still.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
https://twitter.com/fergaldevitt/status/474914589638156288/photo/1

:drat:

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If his gimmick was just him making fun of the fact that all Irish people get lovely stereotype gimmicks, leading to the Irish version of the Nation, that would be pretty cool.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

GAYMIEN SANDOW posted:

Bayley's not interested.

http://rutube.ru/video/774854b32e94a7da4901b605ab4e5fcb/

Paige really does have trouble understanding friends :(

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What clown doll did they make Lethal's head out of? He looks like the Joker.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Is he wearing his knee brace that you, too, can get at little or no cost?

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

quote:

Curtis Axel @RealCurtisAxel · 44m
Tough times don't last but tough people do. Regaining momentum and strength. #ClosingOfADoor
Oh no :ohdear:

quote:

Curtis Axel @RealCurtisAxel · 21m
@OrangeCrush83 Got injured dumbass
Oh thank god

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

I'm a bit behind, is it too late for this to be featured in the next OSW Review?

Tornhelm
Jul 26, 2008

Best part is Becky Lynch calling it an improvement.

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Two of my least favorite wrestling clothing companies in social media, teaming up. Ahhh.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

The Bee posted:

Can Bayley dress up like The Crow too?

Nah, Bayley gets to be the Comedy to her Tragedy.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Liquid Communism posted:

Nah, Bayley gets to be the Comedy to her Tragedy.

I would be down for a Surfer Sting Bayley/Crown Paige tag team.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I'm a bit behind, is it too late for this to be featured in the next OSW Review?

It's actually been in the Capital Carnage episode (#40) - http://youtu.be/iEKpXIyczYo?t=36s - on the billboard beside other regular Irish folk & standard Irish items, pot of gold, snack box, etc.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

achillesforever6 posted:

Oh no :ohdear:

Oh thank god

i was wondering what happened to him. i wonder how he got hurt

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Probably wrestled Jack Swagger

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Johanns Molemann posted:

i was wondering what happened to him. i wonder how he got hurt
his last match was the battle royal at battleground, right? maybe he tweaked something on the landing when he got eliminated

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

looking forward to the return of the axe man

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cromulent posted:

"So Zack, tell us about the ideas you had that creative shot down."
"Oh I had all sorts of great ideas, but creative didn't shoot them down."
"...then why didn't your ideas get put on screen?"
"Well I never actually told anybody in creative what any of my ideas were...."

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Jerusalem posted:

"So Zack, tell us about the ideas you had that creative shot down."
"Oh I had all sorts of great ideas, but creative didn't shoot them down."
"...then why didn't your ideas get put on screen?"
"Well I never actually told anybody in creative what any of my ideas were...."

I dunno man, he might have said something like "It's not exactly great that I'm gonna be changing a tire for hours or getting killed in a wheelchair, are we sure we want to go with that?" and then someone threatened to fire him.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If I'm not mistaken Mick Foley talked to Zack Ryder who was bitching about his direction, and Mick asked him if he's actually talked to Vince about it and he said no. So he's either confident Vince is going to pull a JTG where he'll fire him the moment he remembers he exists, or he's just an idiot.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

sticklefifer posted:

If I'm not mistaken Mick Foley talked to Zack Ryder who was bitching about his direction, and Mick asked him if he's actually talked to Vince about it and he said no. So he's either confident Vince is going to pull a JTG where he'll fire him the moment he remembers he exists, or he's just an idiot.

Nah, he's just waiting another ten years for Vince to catch wind of Jersey Shore and realize Zack's gimmick is a brilliant sign o' the times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

OmegaBR posted:

Nah, he's just waiting another ten years for Vince to catch wind of Jersey Shore and realize Zack's gimmick is a brilliant sign o' the times.

Compared to a couple other guys with jersey shore gimmicks, Zack Ryder isn't exactly that hard. In fact he is … do I gotta spell it out for ya?