Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
The worst part about that story is, I used to mess with substitute teachers I didn't like fairly often in high school because I was a little poo poo. Not a single one ever reacted like that, they just told me to :getout: and go to the administration office until the next period. They don't get paid to deal with smartass kids, why would they?

And that's the core problem with all STDH stories. They expect a suspension of disbelief that the villains will act in a way that no real person would, solely to allow the cool guy protagonist to land the sickest burn on them. Even when the sickest burn the author can imagine is spitefully pissing your pants.

Also I only believe about 15 seconds of that Reddit story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Wild T posted:

The worst part about that story is, I used to mess with substitute teachers I didn't like fairly often in high school because I was a little poo poo. Not a single one ever reacted like that, they just told me to :getout: and go to the administration office until the next period. They don't get paid to deal with smartass kids, why would they?

Totally amateur hour. You really ought to have read these instructional manuals:

The War Between the Pitiful Teachers and the Splendid Kids
Thirteen Ways to Sink a Sub

It's probably too late for you, but maybe you can save your kids from bringing that embarrassing weak-sauce garbage to the court.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

When I was in Primary school, about age 7, there was a girl who once pissed her pants when a tantrum at the teacher was not getting her attention. Even at age 7 that was not funny, it was loving gross and was something we spoke about in horror as evidence for her being totally hosed in the head.

jodai posted:

We were the honors class. You know, with the 16 year old 7th grader and the kid who proudly pissed his pants. The height of wit was "That's what she said". We were just a bunch of smart kids, with our own bus and everything.

Has to have been this, seriously.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One time this guy was like, "There are no more persians," and xerxes skull hosed him for being retarded. #Truefax #Persiarox #Farsirule

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Turtlicious posted:

One time this guy was like, "There are no more persians," and xerxes skull hosed him for being retarded. #Truefax #Persiarox #Farsirule

[img-timeline]

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

And then all the people in the store slowly started clapping got the clap.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed
My friend reblogged that unfunny substitute teacher story, as she does with every unfunny, extremely obvious stdh story like its the height of comedy.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Toriori posted:

My friend reblogged that unfunny substitute teacher story, as she does with every unfunny, extremely obvious stdh story like its the height of comedy.

That's what she said.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

BrigadierSensible posted:

That's what she said.

A truly gifted post.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

BrigadierSensible posted:

That's what she said.

*pisses pants*

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Tardcore posted:

*pisses pants*

[username/post combo]

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

jodai posted:

We were the honors class. You know, with the 16 year old 7th grader and the kid who proudly pissed his pants. The height of wit was "That's what she said". We were just a bunch of smart kids, with our own bus and everything.

And an endless supply of calculators.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

quote:

Talking At-At Cross Purposes
RESTAURANT | AUSTIN, TX, USA | AWESOME WORKERS, FOOD & DRINK, GEEKS RULE, THEME OF THE MONTH
(I work at a chain Italian restaurant. I am often asked questions about the menu, but every now and then a customer asks a question that catches me off guard.)

Customer #1: “No, it’s definitely an AT-AT!”

Customer #2: “No, it’s an AT-LT!”

Customer #1: “Ask our waiter. I bet you his tip.”

(By this point, I have been overhearing this conversation, and the nerd inside me is intrigued by Star Wars trivia.)

Me: “Can I help you guys with something?”

Customer #1: “Yeah, my boyfriend here thinks that the robot in star wars that walks on two legs with the little dogs is called the AT-LT. Please tell him it’s an AT-AT?”

Me: “Actually, I’m sorry but both of you are incorrect; the vehicle you’re thinking of is the AT-ST, which is premiered in the Battle for Hoth, the ice planet, but is actually featured in the Battle of Endor. In fact, that’s what Chewbacca uses to blow the blast doors open for Han Solo and Princess Leia. And the dogs are called Ewoks and they’re native to Endor.”

Customer #1: “Oh… thanks.”

(I ended up walking away and since they each bet $20, I actually earned $40. That’s the first time my nerd knowledge actually gained me that much money. May the Force be with you!)

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

The Waiter is Always Right.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Thank God for waiters in TYOL 2014 when people can't use mobile devices to easily access information on the Internet.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Yes my mother spent two hours eating pancakes while having contractions.

"Go to the principal."
"But miss I have a Get out of Jail free car-"
"Ha ha yes so witty and irreverant have my babies."

No commentary necessary.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

MinistryofLard posted:

"Go to the principal."
"But miss I have a Get out of Jail free car-"
"Ha ha yes so witty and irreverant have my babies."

I buy this one just because I had a couple of teachers back in high school who would accept any excuse they had never heard before for failing to turn in homework.

It made for interesting listening when people did fail.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

MinistryofLard posted:

Yes my mother spent two hours eating pancakes while having contractions.

I can actually kind of believe this one, but it's probably got the reason all wrong. My wife went into labor at around eleven in the morning and refused to leave her office until after five. Of course this is because she knew from her last pregnancy the hospital wouldn't admit her yet since her contractions being too far apart, so she figured she could get poo poo done while she waited. I could see someone saying "well, I can't go yet and I'll be stuck in a maternity ward for the next couple days, may as well get a good meal while I wait." Of course in that case you wouldn't go to loving IHOP.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

Didn't they just radio from it saying that the rebels and ewoks fled into the woods and they'd need more men to pursue them? I don't remember Chewbacca blasting down any doors.

These ignorant wannabe nerds are the worst.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Leon Einstein posted:

Didn't they just radio from it saying that the rebels and ewoks fled into the woods and they'd need more men to pursue them? I don't remember Chewbacca blasting down any doors.

These ignorant wannabe nerds are the worst.

Uh, I haven't seen RotJ in like 20 years, so I may have this wrong but...

Han & Leia are standing in front of the doors to the shield generator after fending off stormtroopers, the AT-ST rocks up, and they figure they're busted so lower their weapons, the AT-ST fires... and hits the doors, blasting them open. At which point Chewbacca emerges from the AT-ST hatch and does his roar thing.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
Yeah that's pretty much exactly what happens unless Lucas changed it to Jar Jar Binks in an AT-AT for the bluray release or something.

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Leon Einstein posted:

Didn't they just radio from it saying that the rebels and ewoks fled into the woods and they'd need more men to pursue them?

That's what I remember.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

SybilVimes posted:

Uh, I haven't seen RotJ in like 20 years, so I may have this wrong but...

Han & Leia are standing in front of the doors to the shield generator after fending off stormtroopers, the AT-ST rocks up, and they figure they're busted so lower their weapons, the AT-ST fires... and hits the doors, blasting them open. At which point Chewbacca emerges from the AT-ST hatch and does his roar thing.
The bolded part never happened. They think they're screwed by the walker and then Chewbacca pops out and does his roar. Han then tells him to get down there because Lea is wounded.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Leon Einstein posted:

The bolded part never happened. They think they're screwed by the walker and then Chewbacca pops out and does his roar. Han then tells him to get down there because Lea is wounded.

Someone owes you $20 now.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

MinistryofLard posted:

No commentary necessary.

So everybody just stood there silently for about 5 minutes? Bohemian Rhapsody isn't exactly a short song after all.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So everybody just stood there silently for about 5 minutes? Bohemian Rhapsody isn't exactly a short song after all.

I can just see a long line of kids and parents growing increasingly restive as the singer drones on.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

They all sang along, and then everyone clapped at the end. charminglyantiquated's sister and the kid are getting married next summer.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

The Sin of Onan posted:

They all sang along, and then everyone clapped at the end. charminglyantiquated's sister and the kid are getting married next summer.

And the minister is Albert Einstien who will do the ceremony for $100.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

When A Store Manager Used The "R" Word, This Mom Had The Perfect Response posted:

Recently, I was in a big box retailer picking up an online order at customer service. After the desk clerk assisted me and called for the stock boy, she began talking with two other employees less than two feet away from me. It was hard not to hear them as they gossiped and made fun of other employees. When the stock boy arrived, he came right up to me. He was tall, quite thin, messy hair, mismatched clothes – but poised and professional. He said to me, loudly and nearly scripted, “Ma’am, I am here to serve you! Is this order I’ll be locating yours?” I said it was, to which he replied, “Ok, ma’am, you got it. I’ll be back quick as a lick!” and he did a military style about-face move and headed off to retrieve my order.

I smiled as he walked away, unsure if he was just being silly to get a reaction or if he was being the best he knew how to be. But I smiled because he made me smile, no matter the reason. No sooner did he leave the desk, the clerk exclaimed “UGHH, that kid is SO retarded!” as her two co-workers nodded and giggled in agreement.

Her statement physically knocked me backwards and I noticeably gasped for air. They all turned to me and I could feel my face start to burn red. My mind was racing in the seconds following her statement. I wanted so badly to smack her right across the face but I knew that wouldn’t make her understand my shock.

I managed to say to her, through gritted teeth, “Excuse me, what did you JUST say?” Her two friends quickly scattered.

I took a step closer and repeated myself, “What, exactly, did you just say?”

She rolled her eyes and stepped back before saying, “Um, I said that kid was retarded. Why, do you know him?”

I gasped again.

“No, I don’t know him. Does it matter? You don’t know me! I could be his mother, his sister, his aunt, his friend. Do YOU know him?”

“Well, he works here so –“

“What’s his name? Do you know his name? Do you know anything about him?”

“Well, um… No.”

“I do and I’ve only been here for ten minutes! His name is Jacob. Do you know how I know that? He has a nametag that says JACOB! What is your name?”

“I’m Carol.”

“Carol, what gives you the right to call Jacob that awful word? You don’t even know his name! How dare you. HOW DARE YOU!”

“Well, I didn’t say it to you! Or about someone you know!”

Again, I was physically knocked backwards by her ignorance.

What Carol didn’t know is that she WAS talking about someone I knew. She didn’t know the struggles my daughter had gone through over the last fourteen months. The therapy sessions, the speech classes, the meltdowns, the doctors, the pain, the confusion. She doesn't know!!!

“Carol, I need to speak to your manager. IMMEDIATELY.”

I began shaking and, once again, considered a physical altercation. She then pulled back her sweater to reveal her nametag: Carol – Customer Service Manager.

I may have blacked out at this point as I said to her, “OHHH YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS! You are the manager?! YOU are the one that is supposed to lead that young boy? And YOU are the one using that ugly word in front of a customer? No. Absolutely not. Give me the store manager’s number, district manager – give me the CEO’s information! I don’t care who – just so long as it’s not YOU.”

She quickly started to apologize. “Ma’am I am extremely sorry. There is no need to make any phone calls. It won’t happen again.”

“You know what, Carol? Jacob is coming back now. I think we’re going to chat with him. And I think you owe him an apology.”

Before she could leave or say no, Jacob arrived with my item, put it right in front of me and saluted as he said, “Ma’am, here it is. Lickety split, just like I promised!” as he beamed with pride. “Thank you, Jacob, thank you very much.”

His face lit up in that instant. He towered over me but he seemed so small and innocent as he looked down at the floor and muttered, “You know my name? Wooooow.”

I couldn’t help but choke back tears. I wondered if anyone in this wretched store had ever addressed him beyond calling for a stock boy.

I turned to Carol who was pale as a ghost and I asked Jacob if he knew her name. He quickly replied, “Yes, yes I do. That is Carol the Manager. She is the boss of allllll of the people” as he waved his arm in a dramatic arc. I asked him another question, but still glared at Carol, “Jacob, is she nice to you?” He didn’t hesitate in his reply, “No, ma’am. She is not a very friendly Carol.” She quickly hung her head and sighed.

I continued, “Carol, Jacob doesn’t think you’re very friendly. What do you think about that?” I could see her face turning red and her eyes welling up with tears; I wasn’t sure if they were tears of remorse or embarrassment but I didn’t care.

She softly said, “Jacob, I’m so sorry I haven’t been friendly. I will try harder.” Jacob’s eyes bulged out of his head and a smile that seemed too big for his face radiated the room. Before he could say anything, I said, “Thank you, Carol. Good evening. Now, Jacob, are you ready to help me to my car?” He switched right back into professional mode and said, “Abso-tutey-lutely!”

We walked into the parking lot silently. He seemed reflective and proud. When we got to my car, I asked if I could help him lift the item into the backseat but he insisted he do it himself. After, I said, “Whoa, it fits perfectly! Thank you!” He stood next to me and dramatically said, “Liiiike a glove!”

I giggled because I knew the movie he was quoting. He noticed and said, “Do you know that’s from a movie?”

“I do! And I even know what movie it is!”

“Ok, ma’am, I’ll give you a hint: JIM CAREY, 1994, NAAAAAME THAT MOVIE!”

“’Ace Ventura!’”

“That was AMAAAAZING!!”

“I love that movie, Jacob!” And I laughed with him. With him.

“Ma’am, you’re friendly. Can I tell you a secret?”

“Sure, Jacob. What is it?”

He took a step closer to me then and said, “Well, I have high fun, I mean high fut, I mean high fluc. Well, I mean I have autism. But I can work and learn and stuff! I just like to be goofy because it makes people happy. Then they will have a reason to laugh.”

I have no idea how I managed not to sob right there in front of him. I managed to say, “You’re awesome, Jacob. You. Are. Awesome! Can I have a high five?”

His eyes got big and wide again and he stretched his arm high above his head. He smirked and said, “Jump! You can do it!” I laughed and I tried to reach but came nowhere close. He brought his hand back down to my level and said, “My mom said it’s ok to be different because that makes me special. But sometimes, I like to be normal. Let’s just do a normal high five, ma’am.”

So we did. Then he did his about-face move again and off he went, back into the store.

And he never looked back.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Read that as a soccer mom once made eye contact with and verbally thanked a retail employee, and then felt like Jesus for the rest of the day.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
I've been physically knocked backwards from my desk at the blasphemy of that post and am currently gasping for air. I'll be sending you my power bill, as my AC will certainly run extra trying too keep my home cool while I burn with rage

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

quote:

Her statement physically knocked me backwards and I noticeably gasped for air. They all turned to me and I could feel my face start to burn red.
Roflmao. This is so funny looking when I picture it. Like I'm picturing her stumbling backwards and gasping for air like a fish on land.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

I like that someone so sensitive as to be physically hurled though space by the word retarded wrote such a ridiculous caricature of a retarded person.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Toriori posted:

Roflmao. This is so funny looking when I picture it. Like I'm picturing her stumbling backwards and gasping for air like a fish on land.

"You caused quite a stir in Toys R Us when you demonstrated the power of your thu'um"

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

I like how Tumblr rear end in a top hat, instead of treating Jacob as a human being, still talks down to him and then goes in depth about how "retarded" he acts. Using other words obviously.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 18:14 on Sep 27, 2014

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

I like how Tumblr rear end in a top hat, instead of treating Jacob as a human being, still talks down to him and then goes in depth about how "retarded" he acts. Using other words obviously.

The best part is how the author makes him act like he's got an IQ of about 80, then try to say he's got "high-functioning autism" so he's not that retarded, he's one of the good ones. But he can't even say it. Author has likely never met a person with high-functioning autism. Or any autism.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
As soon as I read "lickety split" I started hearing Jacob as 30 Rock's Kenneth. Honestly, I think that's the only thing this person was channeling, not a "high functioning person on the autism spectrum".

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I'd like to see Jacob's version of it, how a customer thought he was mentally challenged when he was just acting goofy and acted like she was Jesus for speaking to him and being all sweet and missing the fact he was sarcastic the entire time. And he heads back to the store and tells his manager what a crazy bitch that lady was.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Toriori posted:

I see it more like how vampires or demons in movies react to the Lord's Prayer in Latin and/or a shot of holy shrapnel from a sawed-off shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Paladinus posted:

I see it more like how vampires or demons in movies react to the Lord's Prayer in Latin and/or a shot of holy shrapnel from a sawed-off shotgun.

"I do not drink... whine." :drac:

• Locked thread