Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
during which ancient egyptian month will blackberry die?
thout
paopi
hathor
koiak
tobi
meshir
paremhat
paremoude
pashons
paoni
epip
mesori
gasthred
banop
RIM'S GONNA KEEP GOING BABY!!!
View Results

• Locked thread
Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I will say one thing that phone looks sturdy as hell, I bet it wouldn't bend if you left it in a hypothetical pocket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Cocoa Crispies posted:

it's mostly former ars technica developer clint ecker, who dresses like a tumblr post

pro tip: any competent hairstylist will tell you how to get your hair cut based on your bone structure and personal style. different haircuts look good on different people not just because of the quality of their hair but because of the shape of their face.

if your loving head is a perfect egg shape do not get a haircut that emphasizes that, my god. did he go to supercuts or some poo poo

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

FMguru posted:

joanna is the best

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
if you managed to get that thing in your pocket wouldn't the corners be trying to tear their way out through your pants?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
she just married her girlfriend too. :3: mazel tov!

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx
imo passport looks cool as hell

its big but sounds like battery lasts 3 days which is worth it for the addicts

Balance tech is great because gently caress carrying 2 phones like every BB user

Blend looks like an auto-VPN to your phone? never seen it but sounds decent especially the security

hardware keyboard > all

square screen really useful for doc review

all in all I hope it isn't a total piece of poo poo and BB pays devs to build the handful of key apps everyone wants in a hurry o7

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Colin Gillis, an analyst at electronic brokerage BGC, specifically expressed his view with a haiku — a traditional Japanese poem consisting of three lines of five, seven and five syllables, respectively:

August revenue
May fall below consensus
And pull the stock back

Gillis cut his rating and Blackberry shares BBRY, -6.76% to hold, about three months after upgrading them to buy. Turning to prose more befitting your traditional analyst, Gillis wrote: “While we remain positive on the effort of current management, the quarterly results that the company prints [Friday] may prove underwhelming.”

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol hardware release 3 days before quarterly results

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

mishaq posted:

lol hardware release 3 days before quarterly results

$207 million lost

http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/business/blackberry-reports-207m-us-loss-in-2nd-quarter-1.2778599

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

During the second quarter, the Company recognized hardware revenue on approximately 2.1 million BlackBerry smartphones. During the second quarter, approximately 2.4 million BlackBerry smartphones were sold through to end customers, which included shipments made and recognized prior to the second quarter and which reduced the Company's inventory in channel.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

200,000 preorders for passport.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Pinterest Mom posted:

what, why? who would do this?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Pinterest Mom posted:

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

The Management posted:

Joanna doesn't approve

that is a muenster of a phone

also the corners are all sharp where the competition has curds

they're gouda have fondue better than that, i brie-ginning to think they'll never get it rind

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i camembert to watch this happen to a once proud company

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

cheese

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
you seem blue

it's nacho fault

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
ugh these puns are such awful gruyères

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sham bam bamina! posted:

ugh these puns are such awful gruyères

i know where you're coming fromage

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
on second thought some are all right. but mozzarella bad. i'm nearly feta up with them.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

can't ricotta last time i saw so much dumb pyf in yospos

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
cheddar luck next time, blackberry

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

In thinking about it, this review could stand in as a metaphor for women in the workplace. Mrs Stern doesn't need a "work phone" she needs one that she can use to play on... and play at business. When given a power tool to use she finds that she is not comfortable with it. I'm sure this would also be true if she was given a power saw, a major court case, a billion or two to manage or a major story to report.

Mrs Stern, like her children, should stick with the iPhone. It is made for women and children to use. Easy to use and to master, the iPhone will not tax their intellect or their (limited) attention.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

gret posted:

In thinking about it, this review could stand in as a metaphor for women in the workplace. Mrs Stern doesn't need a "work phone" she needs one that she can use to play on... and play at business. When given a power tool to use she finds that she is not comfortable with it. I'm sure this would also be true if she was given a power saw, a major court case, a billion or two to manage or a major story to report.

Mrs Stern, like her children, should stick with the iPhone. It is made for women and children to use. Easy to use and to master, the iPhone will not tax their intellect or their (limited) attention.
please source your paul thurrott quotes

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

gret posted:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

The Management posted:

Joanna doesn't approve

free kraftwerk album

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

keep moving

nothing ot see here

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

guess where

i died

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BAE_oRlEc8
"really bespoke design" @ 44s :newlol:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

wonder why those pics are such terrible quality

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Typical MSM review of a BB technology. Apple can put cow dung in a box and said reviewer will be declaiming its cutting edge technology and 'cool' factor. I bought a Passport. Blows iphone and android away and is easily the best phone I have used. In fact ms reviewer the PP is a Phablet - meaning it is supposed to be larger than your little iphone 4 and the target market are high end professionals who use a lot of data, files, or need a productivity tool. Not housemoms and teenies who cling to their Apple bibles. Male professionals will love the PP. Females interested in 'chatting', snapchatting, and pretty colors will stay with their bendable iphones. Media is so far in the bag for Apple it is embarrassing.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Millstone posted:

keep moving

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

"feels good in the hand" is like the ultimate tell that someone has no idea about design or anything

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

is that a trampoline?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
"Falls short." "Behind." "Last gasp." "Clunky." "Outdated."

Whatever. I woke up at 5:45am PT to see the live stream, and I'm more than excited for this device. You guys can keep covering your screens with cheese, while I enjoy the best mobile experience available.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

graph posted:

"feels good in the hand" is like the ultimate tell that someone has no idea about design or anything

or that they're trying to come up with anything positive to say, and its pretty much the lowest bar

just a step above "this is definitely a phone" - engadget review, 2012

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

is that a trampoline?
it's one of those foxconn anti-suicide devices except it's outside of bbry hq

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

some of the comments on joanna's review are really really sexist but more importantly super mad about the cheese thing

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Nintendo Kid posted:

or that they're trying to come up with anything positive to say, and its pretty much the lowest bar

just a step above "this is definitely a phone" - engadget review, 2012

yeah that too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

this is actually how bbry is announcing the arrival of video games to its platform

• Locked thread