Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I wish schools wouldn't schedule these games ten years in advance. The chances of both teams being good that far in the future are really loving low.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Mahoning posted:

Notre Dame just announced a home and home with Texas A&M in 2024/2025.

So what are the odds that one or both of these teams will be garbage in 2024?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Thoguh posted:

Me to. The fullcasts are cool. But podcasts can't match the actual videos.

They were both super awkward on camera (especially Spencer); I like it a lot better as a podcast.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

LeeMajors posted:

I wish schools wouldn't schedule these games ten years in advance. The chances of both teams being good that far in the future are really loving low.

They are both secretly hoping that the other will not be good by the time that game rolls around so it's an easy win against a big school.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Raku posted:

How hard does Temple have to destroy Vanderbilt to be good enough, Mr. Cosby :smith:

Cosby's been having trouble picking a team since Hillman College went down to Division III

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Mahoning posted:

Notre Dame just announced a home and home with Texas A&M in 2024/2025.

Kind of hilarious that both A&M/Notre Dame and Texas/Michigan will be playing in 2024. These teams need to swap opponents.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

chaoslord posted:

They are both secretly hoping that the other will not be good by the time that game rolls around so it's an easy win against a big school.

I legitimately think this is the truth.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The answer to who wins that game probably depends on if A&M has established itself enough to hire consecutive coaches of Sumlin's caliber. I suspect they have, but who knows?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

chaoslord posted:

Oh, for sure--but it's frustrating for the fans (like us) that actually want to see good football.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Oh my. Texas Tech's uni's for tonight:

Also, Heaf, you around, or you gonna pass off making a thread to other people?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

kayakyakr posted:

Not as pretty as Kliff, sorry, don't like it :colbert:

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

kayakyakr posted:

I'm on it. I generally have time to do this after class but I just got my placement for observation. Which will not happen on Thursdays usually. Still. I'll do it tonight, if anyone wants to do it next week just go ahead! I'm generally not home until 5EST.

Eh. thread titles?

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
NCAA Week 5: Mostly just a pretty face.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
NCAA Week 5: Meh

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
NCAA: Still not the most reprehensible football league somehow

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
NCAA Week 5: Oh Jesus I just got rum in my eye

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
NCAA Week 5: At least Florida can't gently caress up this week

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

NCAA Week 5: LOOK OUT, WORLD, THE HOOCATS COMIN'.

(from http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2014/9/24/6833875/the-sad-fans-cope-with-success)

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Longhorns step up drug testing in '14

quote:

Data obtained by the Statesman indicates that a total of 188 drug tests have been administered in the first eight months of Strong's tenure. From 2010 to 2013, Texas administered an average of 104 drug tests per year under former coach Mack Brown.

According to data the newspaper acquired through an open records request, Texas drug tested every player after spring break in March.

Well that explains a few of the dismissals.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3667672

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

swickles posted:

NCAA: Still not the most reprehensible football league somehow

Rumors abound that Roger Goodell is planning a photo op with Charlie Strong this weekend. Barking Carnival went ahead and dramatized it.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Raku posted:

How hard does Temple have to destroy Vanderbilt to be good enough, Mr. Cosby :smith:

I would not really want Bill Cosby associated with my university

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Declan MacManus posted:

I would not really want Bill Cosby associated with my university
All these young men out there concussing each other over a crystal football!

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Some UCLA players were warming up/dicking around on the field before our game and "painted" (presumably by just wiping the black paint off with their feet) UCLA into the ASU logo, so now some field dudes are out there re-painting it lol.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

VDay posted:

Some UCLA players were warming up/dicking around on the field before our game and "painted" (presumably by just wiping the black paint off with their feet) UCLA into the ASU logo, so now some field dudes are out there re-painting it lol.

This owns

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Dabo straight-kicks a 23yd FG at practice... (That's one of the distances our kicker missed at last weekend)

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Swinney-kick-practice-week-13072

Our best hope at kicker may be our 44 yr old head coach.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Scarf posted:

Dabo straight-kicks a 23yd FG at practice... (That's one of the distances our kicker missed at last weekend)

http://www.tigernet.com/story/football/Swinney-kick-practice-week-13072

Our best hope at kicker may be our 44 yr old head coach.

Dabo… actually owns.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

VDay posted:

Rules

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

VDay posted:

Cool.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

VDay posted:

That owns a bunch

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Petty poo poo like that is my favorite part of college football.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
should have added "SUX" but pretty good, bruins

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

e:

VDay fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Sep 26, 2014

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

What was that in reaction to?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Thoguh posted:

What was that in reaction to?

UCLA's fifth 80+ yard play of the night.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
I wasn't able to watch the game and just read through the box score and holy poo poo.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

After seeing that score I feel much better about UVa football.

That all being said, I won't be surprised if they poo poo the bed against Kent State.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
I knew we were wearing alternate unis tomorrow but somehow missed/forgot about the helmet:

FauxPelini posted:

OK PEOPLE WHICH HELMET SHOULD WE WEAR THIS AWESOME RED ONE OR THIS AWESOME BLACK ONE, WAIT I HAVE AN AMAZING IDEA

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Real Name Grover posted:

I knew we were wearing alternate unis tomorrow but somehow missed/forgot about the helmet:

Normally I'm all for alternative uniforms but those look real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

vikingstrike posted:

I wasn't able to watch the game and just read through the box score and holy poo poo.

I was box score watching as the game was going early and for a while it seemed ASU was actually controlling that game, then I stopped until the end and somehow that final score happened.

• Locked thread