Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Real cool.

Discuss.

Also:

wheez the roux posted:

Kiss my rear end motherfuckers fuxk your crooked rear end duck dicks i hope youbchoke on a sloppy crusty cumcock and your mom findsyour corpse u phil knight buggerfucks

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Sep 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Fire Brady Hoke.

That is all.

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
I have never seen VT play as bad as us.

It's good to be 4-0.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem
Today I felt pity for SMU, an emotion I did not think I was physically capable of after living in Dallas. Nothing else to say about that game except good job General Dog's bodyguard, you're doing better than the Secret Service in stopping the run.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Deteriorata posted:

Fire Brady Hoke.

That is all.

Would you like a lightly used Les Miles?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

In Pilgrim's Progress there's a swamp where people rut out and have difficulty escaping, where muck keeps any forward motion from happening and all that remains is overwhelming despair. Often, college football is like that. Simple fact is, it's still an amateur league, full of amateur mistakes, and the disparity between teams is massive. As much of a delusion of parity that we participate in watching these games, the likelihood of Ole Mississippi beating LSU is tragically small.

Which makes the moment where the stars align akin to a golden swan. There is the theory of the black swan, the catalytic event that no one sees coming, but black is a mordant color, and gold, well, gold is nice. So let's say a KU alum who grew up in Indiana gets to see Kansas and Indiana win while Missouri lose. What are the odds? Kansas is bad. Indiana is disappointing to bad. Missouri has been digging itself a nice niche in the SEC. An intersection of such events is highly variable.

But it happened tonight, and I'm happy as gently caress.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Sep 21, 2014

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I have absolutely no clue what Washington team will show up anymore. 10-2 and 5-7 are equally possible outcomes this year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Benne posted:

I have absolutely no clue what Washington team will show up anymore. 10-2 and 5-7 are equally possible outcomes this year.

Lindquist is the Truth

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
http://deadspin.com/suspended-jameis-winston-tries-to-dress-for-clemson-gam-1637269521

Jameis Winston is so loving dumb its just....amazing.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Missouri lost to Indiana.

Missouri.

Lost.

To Indiana.

Also Webbeh they didnt have the pumpkin spice beer at Copper Creek so screw you.

siriuslysomething
Feb 5, 2013

He's so fast!

(and probably broken)
Northwestern won against western Illinois.

While it's nice to accomplish the bare minimum of being an even remotely passable team we looked pretty bad doing it. If it wasn't for us being purely more athletic in the running game (which will not happen again this season) the game would have been really close. I feel relieved that we beat them more than happy and I feel like all the people around me felt the same way.

I maintain if we can somehow beat notre dame and get the hat I will not bitch about this terrible season.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
That loving sucked.

e: like that was really embarrassing and now everyone is going to go back to talking about how we got really lucky last year and are hot garbage and we kinda deserve it after that game against what still seems like a mediocre team who played pretty darn well

Hed fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 21, 2014

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Mizzou are going to have another 2012 season if they don't turn poo poo around.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Western Michigan won, and has looked good (read: respectable) every week they've played. Of course, they've got the Hokies next week and I've been poo poo-talking my cousin who went there for the past 3 weeks. I'm boasting above what my team can back up, but I don't care. Hokies in free-fall, Broncos ascendant. Row the boat!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

siriuslysomething posted:

Northwestern won against western Illinois.

While it's nice to accomplish the bare minimum of being an even remotely passable team we looked pretty bad doing it. If it wasn't for us being purely more athletic in the running game (which will not happen again this season) the game would have been really close. I feel relieved that we beat them more than happy and I feel like all the people around me felt the same way.

I maintain if we can somehow beat notre dame and get the hat I will not bitch about this terrible season.

Hi I'm Trevor Siemian don't mind me I'm just going to sit here in the pocket for awhile just chilling oh wait here comes a rusher time to airmail the ball over the head of a guy four yards behind the first-down marker. I don't think we've met I'm the only bad quarterback to play for northwestern in the twenty-first century.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I was trying to go to sleep a few minutes ago and for some reason the enormity of these events finally hit me and I couldn't stop crying. I have no real life friends who give a poo poo about college football, so this is basically the only place I have to express these feelings, but I really feel the need to express them.

I would like this thread to be about our personal feelings about the death of Missouri football, and how it has personally affected us. Just TV-IVing about the details as they come in, or wondering about the SEC's future, and all of that bullshit has no place here. I need to write about my feelings about Missouri football. Obviously these posts will be mocked elsewhere on the forums, but gently caress em. If you feel the need to say anything, say it.

-----

Indiana is a murderer. He killed his opponent. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Indiana. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about wrestling and the bastards involved in it, you could always point out Indiana as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could point to as a true professional who honored the sport he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to professional wrestling without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the pussy or because he was a failed jock in another sport or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw football as a means to an end. He was in it for football. He was dedicated to being the best football team he could be, and it showed on the field.

I wanted to be a football player since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in San Antonio when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to Texas to be Mack Brown's quarterback had been a mistake. Coming to grips that I was simply not athletically or charismatically talented enough to be a football player was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Indiana football in a lot of ways. He wasn't a team who was destined to be a national champion. He couldn't talk. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was quiet. He was short. The only thing he had going for him was his work ethic. He wasn't a third generation football team. He wasn't physically gifted. He wasn't someone who had words come easy to him. But through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest traditions in history. By 40 years-old.

Indiana football was only Indiana, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the team who unnecessarily gave back so much to the sport could end his life the way he did. I can't understand how a team could spend weeks and months trying to give back to younger guys like Purdue, putting forth the care and effort to help them find their cupcake win in week 4, and that that same team could strangle his opponent in the same day. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for Maty Mauk, and not for their child, Gary Pinkel.

Indiana football owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Tuesday nights and Saturdays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Indiana football is dead. And he died a murderer. And whether it be insanity, Mizzou's cupcake schedule, or just the actions of a clear-eyed monster, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guys backstage and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is tainted and dripping with blood.

Indiana football was a murderer. And I don't know how to accept that.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I was trying to go to sleep a few minutes ago and for some reason the enormity of these events finally hit me and I couldn't stop crying. I have no real life friends who give a poo poo about college football, so this is basically the only place I have to express these feelings, but I really feel the need to express them.

I would like this thread to be about our personal feelings about the death of Missouri football, and how it has personally affected us. Just TV-IVing about the details as they come in, or wondering about the SEC's future, and all of that bullshit has no place here. I need to write about my feelings about Missouri football. Obviously these posts will be mocked elsewhere on the forums, but gently caress em. If you feel the need to say anything, say it.

-----

Indiana is a murderer. He killed his opponent. We will probably never know exactly what he was thinking. Obviously I did not know Indiana. I never saw him in person and never spoke to him. But he represented something very special to me. In such a cut-throat, dirty, dark, often disgusting, business he was one of the good ones. When people talked poo poo about wrestling and the bastards involved in it, you could always point out Indiana as the exception to the rule. He was the one you could point to as a true professional who honored the sport he loved, who was passionate about it, who proved that you could dedicate your life to professional wrestling without being insane or scum or a monster. He was the ace in the hole. He was the one who wasn't in it for the pussy or because he was a failed jock in another sport or because he wanted to get rich quick or because he wanted to be a movie star or because he saw football as a means to an end. He was in it for football. He was dedicated to being the best football team he could be, and it showed on the field.

I wanted to be a football player since I was a little kid, and one of the very worst moments of my life was a cold night in San Antonio when I was on the phone to my girlfriend a thousand miles away and finally admitted to myself and to her that coming to Texas to be Mack Brown's quarterback had been a mistake. Coming to grips that I was simply not athletically or charismatically talented enough to be a football player was one of the worst moments of my life. The business glorifies the boyhood dreams that come true. My boyhood dream wasn't going to come true, and it was an upsetting, soul-crushing revelation that upsets and discourages me to this day.

Since then I lived vicariously through Indiana football in a lot of ways. He wasn't a team who was destined to be a national champion. He couldn't talk. He wasn't charismatic in the usual way. He was quiet. He was short. The only thing he had going for him was his work ethic. He wasn't a third generation football team. He wasn't physically gifted. He wasn't someone who had words come easy to him. But through sheer effort he was able to become one of the greatest traditions in history. By 40 years-old.

Indiana football was only Indiana, and he was already a legend on the verge of myth. That's how talented he was, and how respected.

I cannot reconcile in my mind that the team who unnecessarily gave back so much to the sport could end his life the way he did. I can't understand how a team could spend weeks and months trying to give back to younger guys like Purdue, putting forth the care and effort to help them find their cupcake win in week 4, and that that same team could strangle his opponent in the same day. It doesn't make sense. It shouldn't have happened this way. Not for him, not for Maty Mauk, and not for their child, Gary Pinkel.

Indiana football owed me nothing. But I still feel the loss. I selfishly lived through many of his accomplishments and now feel lost. I can only speak for myself, but I feel that for a lot of us Tuesday nights and Saturdays are rocks of stability in a storm of stress and uncertainty. Every week the show goes on. Every week the show is from somewhere new, somewhere in the world, but every week it comes into our homes.

And that will continue. But Indiana football is dead. And he died a murderer. And whether it be insanity, Mizzou's cupcake schedule, or just the actions of a clear-eyed monster, what is done is done. And one of the pillars for the guys backstage and one of the pillars for fans is gone. And everything that pillar held up is tainted and dripping with blood.

Sometimes your team loses games, man.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

-----

If this is real, gay

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
where did you c/p that from

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Isn't that the old Chris Benoit post from when the murder-suicide happened?

Anyway, I missed a ton of college football today due to a wedding, but I did get to see the very end of Mizzou-Illinois and what the actual gently caress? Also, Miss State beat LSU? And Clemson is currently beating FSU (granted, without Winston)? What a crazy weekend!

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

This is kind of like Joan River's death, where it's really hard for me to feel sympathy.

Or maybe Saddam Hussein's death.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

-----

The legend of Paradol Ex will never die. :rip:

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
I'm pretty sure that's the paradol ex chris benoit post with Mizzou/Indiana poo poo pasted in but even then, he's still a huge weirdo for spending time on that.

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

-----

Yes, a ranked team losing to IU is shameful. You should feel terrible.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh man, i feel like such a chump for not recognizing a 10 year-old message board post about a professional wrestler

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

miami sucks.

leave the coaches in nebraska.

This is our gameplan on defense:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Fire Brady Hoke

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV is poo poo and doomed to be poo poo forever

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

Fire Brady Hoke

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.
I've waited 15 years for this.

Worth.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Oh like there's a cannon big enough for that

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
I wish Melvin Gordon III could run forever. No sideline, no end zone. Just space, space for him to break another tackle. Like some Jon Bois poo poo.

I want to see Melvin run forever, his psyche unhampered by the failures of youth.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Just once, ONCE I want a South Carolina team that doesn't manage to almost lose against teams they should ream.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Boomer Sooner y'all

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Boomer Sooner y'all

I'm so relieved that we won. WVU was scary.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Zoran posted:

I'm so relieved that we won. WVU was scary.

It made baylor fans more scared of both teams, thanks

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Gorelab posted:

Just once, ONCE I want a South Carolina team that doesn't manage to almost lose against teams they should ream.

I swear it has something to do with Vandy's HS stadium. It has magical powers or some poo poo.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Georgia Southern starts their Sunbelt schedule with a good win over the United States of America.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I didn't watch all of the A&M game (apparently we got another touchdown in the intervening 5 minutes) but Indiana beating Missouri owns, Georgia Tech winning owns (and by the transitive property Ohio State sucks), Virginia being competitive with BYU was great, and Michigan sucks bad (even though I predicted they might lose this game).

Basically I hope Indiana wins the Big 10.

• Locked thread