Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Awesome! posted:

i am going to buy an xbox one to play sunset overdrive

I want to hear about Scalebound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Soul Glo posted:

I own an Xbone, a PS4 and a Wii U. And a 3DS and Vita.

And they all have good games.

(drops mic)

Oh for sure man

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Dan Didio posted:

I want to hear about Scalebound.

Yeah, real post: there are way more Xbox One exclusives I care about than on PS4. PS4 has Bloodborne, so that's a lock for me, but quantity-wise, the Bone has 'em for my money.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Uh, I just want to hear about Scalebound, dude.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Dan Didio posted:

Should we start a thread for you?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I guess you don't have to.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Hey what happened to the other thread? I figured it was closed, but how come I can't pull up an archived version of it?

On topic, I own all three next gen systems, and although the XBone got off to a rocky start I think they are doing much better with it. Sunset Overdrive looks a lot better than when they first showed it off. I hope it can deliver.

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
I own an Xbone and a gaming PC. I don't think its nearly as bad the as rep would suggest. Both consoles definitely need more games though would be my biggest criticism. But thats early adopting for for ya

RonMexicosPitbull fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Sep 26, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

XtraSmiley posted:

Hey what happened to the other thread? I figured it was closed, but how come I can't pull up an archived version of it?

It was so bad that not only did kewpuh lock it but it's in a mod forum.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Widestancer posted:

It was so bad that not only did kewpuh lock it but it's in a mod forum.

Ah, you're just mad because we made fun of Cortana's fake blue boobs whenever Anim8 showed up.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

RangerAce posted:

Ah, you're just mad because we made fun of Cortana's fake blue boobs whenever Anim8 showed up.

Animated tits are pretty awesome though?

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Widestancer posted:

Animated tits are pretty awesome though?

Sounds like you'd fit right in at 343, then. They've assembled a crack team of boob animators. Only the best of the best. This All In One Entertainment System NEEDS men(?) like you.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

RangerAce posted:

Sounds like you'd fit right in at 343, then. They've assembled a crack team of boob animators. Only the best of the best. This All In One Entertainment System NEEDS men(?) like you.

Uhhhhh okay? Lol.

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Widestancer posted:

Uhhhhh okay? Lol.

Don't sell yourself short. I believe in you!

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
quick widestancer, better remind everyone that youre a girl before we all forget!!!!!!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Fame Douglas posted:

You guys are the parody, with your absurd "only Xbox games are real games" attitude and Lord Crafty as your master.

hahahahahahahahahahaha are you a blind retard ?
have you missed all of my previous posts?

gonna spell this out for your virgin eyes:
1) i like all kinds of gaming.

2) i dont think the xbone or the ps4 is particularly good. but if someone wants to buy either to game with friends or just enjoy video gaming in general then they should and i urge them to.

3) liking a the output of a game making company that now has an exclusive xbone title does not grant me the attitude "only xbox games are real games"

wow. id have thought being able to sign up for an iternet forum would give you the grasp of understanding english, but here we are

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

lol this is every person who cried about the sharktank thread

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
I missed the last ~150 pages of the bone thread, can someone sum up what happened in the las month or two? Did Sunset Overdrive save the bone? Is Destiny poo poo? Are goons still in denial about their bad monetary decisions?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Arzachel posted:

I missed the last ~150 pages of the bone thread, can someone sum up what happened in the las month or two? Did Sunset Overdrive save the bone? Is Destiny poo poo? Are goons still in denial about their bad monetary decisions?

No. Yes. Yes.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

VideoGames posted:

hahahahahahahahahahaha are you a blind retard ?
have you missed all of my previous posts?

gonna spell this out for your virgin eyes:
1) i like all kinds of gaming.

2) i dont think the xbone or the ps4 is particularly good. but if someone wants to buy either to game with friends or just enjoy video gaming in general then they should and i urge them to.

3) liking a the output of a game making company that now has an exclusive xbone title does not grant me the attitude "only xbox games are real games"

wow. id have thought being able to sign up for an iternet forum would give you the grasp of understanding english, but here we are

Same, except if you buy the wrong machine or play the wrong games you're a dumb idiot and I hate you.

e: I Also hate the machine and the games. And the companies that made them.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Wheany posted:

Same, except if you buy the wrong machine or play the wrong games you're a dumb idiot and I hate you.

e: I Also hate the machine and the games. And the companies that made them.

peace my brother of opposites :):hf::(

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Arzachel posted:

Is Destiny poo poo?

I called in sick to work the day Destiny launched, and one of my coworkers said he knew I was lying because I was obviously actually playing Destiny all day, but he was wrong. I was lying because I was actually at an interview for a less lovely job. ok thats my story

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

RonMexicosPitbull posted:

I own an Xbone and a gaming PC. I don't think its nearly as bad the as rep would suggest. Both consoles definitely need more games though would be my biggest criticism. But thats early adopting for for ya

What is your justification for getting a bone when so many of its exclusives end up on PC anyway?

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
I like console fps and my friends have xbox. Also I like the controller better. Plus some games are just better lounging on the couch as opposed to sitting at my desk.

Refused
Sep 6, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

Polygon posted:

Scalebound, the Xbox One-exclusive action game from Bayonetta and The Wonderful 101 developer Platinum Games, is unlike anything the studio has done before in terms of building an action game, game director Hideki Kamiya says. Don't look to games like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta for a "template" by which to think of the mysterious Scalebound.

"Monsters, dragons, large action [sequences], that is exactly what our key theme is for this game," Kamiya said through a translator. "This large, epic-scale of battle taking place right in front of your eyes [and] the impact and dynamism that it brings to the experience, that's going to be core to the game."

Kamiya said that his latest game is not just a combination of the gameplay elements he's known for quick reflexes, intuitiveness, high-skill play plus a bunch of giant monsters.

"The way we're approaching our development and building the game is unlike what we've done before, it's a completely new take on how we make this [kind of] game," he said. "In that sense, I don't look at it as going to be just for the very skilled, advanced players. It should be appealing to a wider range of players it's not going to have a very severe risk/reward type of feel. The dragon element, the fantasy world setting element hopefully will attract a wider audience and that the game itself, the combat system will match those expectations."

Kamiya also reiterated the point that Scalebound would focus less on quick reflexes and action than a game like Bayonetta, and that its next title would benefit graphically from that decision.

"The most important thing for Bayonetta was more focusing on the action, the reflexes, the challenge," he said. "That is not the main main focus [with Scalebound].
It allows for us to dig in deeper in terms of the quality of our visuals and our graphics... At first glance you'll see the Platinum essence come through. Even that will be unlike anything you've seen before."

Platinum Games fans shouldn't necessarily look to past action heroes like Dante or Bayonetta for reference for Scalebound's hero, who has been shown equipped with a large sword and bow and arrow. "That sort of template or style [of dual-wielding weapons] is not what we're aiming for," he said. "There's more to what we are building for the character."

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Shadow Puppet is Crafty.

I am legit expecting Crafty to rip open his "Major Nelson is my co-pilot" silk button down to reveal a "Count my peas, youll like what you see" shirt underneath.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ya scalebound sounds like poo poo.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Hey man I love making GBS threads on the Xbone as much as the next guy but this is Platinum we're talking about. We haven't even seen any gameplay yet so I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, at least for now.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Nierbo posted:

quick widestancer, better remind everyone that youre a girl before we all forget!!!!!!

God drat you're dumb human being

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Ah yes, Scalebound will be a bad game, after all it's made by Kamiya, whose previous bad games are:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Ah yes, Scalebound will be a bad game, after all it's made by Kamiya, whose previous bad games are:

Okami and every Resident Evil he did because the only good Resident Evil is 4.

sharts
Jul 3, 2008

a̸ ̕s̡cŗeam͟i͠ng͞ ͘sk͏u̢l̨l i̡s y͝o͡ųr o͡n͟l͞y ͢comp̛ani̡o͞n͝
i can't believe the amount of piss in this xbox one

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

No but you don't understand because this games on Xbox and Xbox bullys Sony and bully gamers in general so it will be bad!!! :qq:

Good point captain.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Aphrodite posted:

Okami and every Resident Evil he did because the only good Resident Evil is 4.

lol shut the gently caress up

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Generally Crafty if you edit someone's post you need to make it either funny or insightful. Editing in imagined persecution is neither one of those things.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Resident Evil 5 + 6 are not as good as 4 but they are really fun co-op games, and 6 lets you do sick flips

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Widestancer posted:

unlike like cool linux user u?

we are all in same boat

RangerAce
Feb 25, 2014

Widestancer posted:

He mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Organs
Feb 13, 2014

Doflamingo posted:

Hey man I love making GBS threads on the Xbone as much as the next guy but this is Platinum we're talking about. We haven't even seen any gameplay yet so I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, at least for now.

platinum have made some really bad games so its like 50/50 if scalebound will be good imo

• Locked thread