Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Guy in a different thread said he was there and the article is way overblown; last like 10 seconds in actuality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005

inSTAALed posted:

Guaranteed to be Pitchfork's Album of the Year 2014

Is it more the white album or revolver?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

bows1 posted:

Guy in a different thread said he was there and the article is way overblown; last like 10 seconds in actuality.

It's still really really funny

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Yeah who cares how long it lasted. The fact that it happened is just classic Kanye being Kanye.

edit: \/\/\/\/\/ mea culpa, I posted the first article I could find that seemed to not be utter garbage

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Sep 15, 2014

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

thathonkey posted:

Yeah who cares how long it lasted. The fact that it happened is just classic Kanye being Kanye.

Just that article is ridiculous about it. Its definitely funny.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

However, for the last song of the encore (Niggas in Paris) Kanye restarted the song four times because the mosh pit wasn't making a big enough circle for him ("make the circle bigger").
Still cracks me up how much he tried this at the SF festival Outside Lands. Ongoing joke of the weekend whenever we were stuck wading through crowds was to yell "everyone make a circle! make the circle bigger!"

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010

Paperback Writer posted:

Still cracks me up how much he tried this at the SF festival Outside Lands. Ongoing joke of the weekend whenever we were stuck wading through crowds was to yell "everyone make a circle! make the circle bigger!"

"you with your shirt off... yeah you. Keep it off" was the best part.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
Reports on Kanye collabing with Lorde. I don't know how you all feel about her, but I think that could turn out really cool.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Reports on Kanye collabing with Lorde. I don't know how you all feel about her, but I think that could turn out really cool.

look if kanye can get me to like hudmo and fergie and bon iver, then i'm fine with whomever

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
Who cares about Lorde until I hear "Piss On My Grave" by Kanye West and Paul McCartney I cannot die happy

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I hope kanye doesnt develop a "youll never believe who he's working on a song with now!" schtick. Sorry goons,
A kanye song with paul mccartney sounds like the worst, most gimmicky thing ever.

Lorde might be better but personally i was never really feeling the justin vernon schtick. Felt really contrived. I do like Lorde though.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

thathonkey posted:

I hope kanye doesnt develop a "youll never believe who he's working on a song with now!" schtick. Sorry goons,
A kanye song with paul mccartney sounds like the worst, most gimmicky thing ever.

Lorde might be better but personally i was never really feeling the justin vernon schtick. Felt really contrived. I do like Lorde though.

Yeah, next you'll tell me that Kanye is working a song with the dude from Maroon 5.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

thathonkey posted:

I agree, but Lost in the World was an exceptional song.

obliriovrons
Jul 18, 2009
Kanye collaborating with Justin Vernon is the sort of thing that sounds like it would very likely be weird and awful, on paper, but I feel ended up working out amazingly well... on MBDTF. Hold My Liquor is another story entirely.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

hold my liquor is a fantastic song though? :confused: what did you not like about it?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Justin Vernon's bit in That's My Bitch is kinda awesome.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Budget Cop posted:

hold my liquor is a fantastic song though? :confused: what did you not like about it?

I wouldn't call it a bad song, but I also wouldn't call it fantastic. Let's go with middling.

And I will say I dug the Justin Vernon parts on MBDTF (except the tacked on poo poo at the end of Monster).

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

obliriovrons posted:

Kanye collaborating with Justin Vernon is the sort of thing that sounds like it would very likely be weird and awful, on paper, but I feel ended up working out amazingly well... on MBDTF.

Wasn't the extend of his collab there like one line (and then a sample in the last track)?

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Lord Krangdar posted:

Wasn't the extend of his collab there like one line (and then a sample in the last track)?

Wasn't it the start/end of Monster and the sample in Lost in the World... and I think Kanye had him work on a couple of other tracks (A quick google says he worked on Hell of a Life, Dark Fantasy as well as "that's my bitch" from WTT, but that was also being leaked around the same time anyway)

I think the assumption is he did more than just voice on a couple of tracks, it was maybe some behind the scenes stuff as well.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think he may have done the little bridge bit in Dark Fantasy. "At the mall there was a seance..." etc.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Kanye's always had an amazing ear for pop, so I'm not sure why collaborations with pop artists surprise anyone.

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

sethsez posted:

Kanye's always had an amazing ear for pop, so I'm not sure why collaborations with pop artists surprise anyone.

I always thought Kanye and Paul Mccartney would really get along, once they met. I suspect they operate at similar wavelengths.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

sethsez posted:

He is a pop artist. Hell, he's on the short list of pop trendsetters.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just saw this on Facebook :lol:

quote:

Back in March, Kanye West was sentenced to 24 months of probation and 250 hours of community service after pleading “no contest” to misdemeanor battery and attempted grand theft stemming from a confrontation with a paparazzo. So, how is Kanye fulfilling his community service obligations? By teaching a class in fashion at the Los Angeles Trade Technical College.

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/09/kanye-west-is-a-professor-at-los-angeles-trade-technical-college-photos/

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Hope he's coming back next semester to teach Italian.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kanye West Hosts Listening Party for New Album
:stare:

quote:

I Only remember kanye playing his new album 3 times in a dark room of 20 people last night and moshing drunk with mad babes haha
New Yeezy album coming soon.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Just an aside but I loving hate theophilus london, I saw him perform this year at SXSW and it was god awful.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Don't know if this was posted, but Ye's set from Made in America Philly is online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flzR3vF1Oxo

I was at this show in the front, and it was loving incredible. Best concert I've seen all year, and I've been to a bunch so far.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I love Ye but he sounds like poo poo at the start of this. Things keep being off timing, including him and that guitar.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Just an aside but I loving hate theophilus london, I saw him perform this year at SXSW and it was god awful.

dude is the definition of mediocre tbh. I hope him "being on the single" isn't true, but ye can spin gold out of ALMOST anything

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Kanye is the next Walt Disney http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671546

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Whatever happened to that Yeezus concert film?

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
Um, ye and his band did a production barf pass on the beat of lorde's hunger games single? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuY4MSh1V-I Very stripped down from the original instrumental

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

atrus50 posted:

Um, ye and his band did a production barf pass on the beat of lorde's hunger games single? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuY4MSh1V-I Very stripped down from the original instrumental

No Ye vocals unfortunately. It's kind of cool.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Pirate Jet posted:

Whatever happened to that Yeezus concert film?

Some fan took a few months and made his own

http://youtu.be/viyxoNf0R8Y

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Apparently Hype Williams is still making that concert movie.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
5. IV (feat. Bruce Springsteen)

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Splurgerwitzl posted:

5. IV (feat. Bruce Springsteen)

Has this got something to do with this aids concert?

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
Someone made a Christmas-themed version of Yeezus and it's surprisingly good. https://soundcloud.com/local-business-comedy/sets/kreezus

I recommend New Sleighs, Hold my Eggnog, I'm In It (The Chimney)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Kanye just dropped a new single called Only One abd it is good as poo poo and sounds like a happy 808s

Yeezy season approaching

Get hypeeeee

• Locked thread