Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Minrad posted:

tbh no Distant Worlds from FF11 is kinda bullshit, I'm guessing it's one of the dropped EMS from the first game? there's a few songs that seem conspicuously absent, like it and ff6's opera theme

all the ems that were in the first game were just changes to battle or field songs in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
so what I'm hearing is that I should go back in time and tell myself not to buy any DLC for the first game cuz it's all in this one?

:(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

elf help book posted:

i tried playing dissidia 012 a while ago and i did like 5 matches and cuz i didnt know how to play yet i got beat up really bad but when i tried again i didnt regain any health and couldnt figure out if i screwed myself over and had to win fights without getting hit or there was some way i didnt understand to heal
what

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

fronz posted:

I hate a good chunk of the franchise but still like the music

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its kinda a fighting game and i tried story mode and did poorly and didnt regain any health between matches and dont know if i was missing something

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the story mode stuff is a dungeon crawling thing

you dont regain hp inbetween matches because it's sort of an endurance test, you have to go through the entire dungeon like you would an FF dungeon

idk what youre missing. is it that hard to understand an ff game referencing ff mechanics

if you want a mode where you regain hp between matches, try the arcade mode

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i guess ill play a bunch of arcade mode when i go back to it to better familiarize myself with the gameplay

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

do some songs with some high-luck characters, get some potions, and just use them between quest mode songs if you're having trouble. make sure you're looking at the quest level, the lower it is the easier it'll be. watch out though because on the higher-level quests there's a chance that Ultimate scores will show up and just ruin your day if you're not ready for it!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i bought good king moggle and protect the espers. any other good songs in this batch?

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
They're all good :D

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Awesome! posted:

i bought good king moggle and protect the espers. any other good songs in this batch?

ff9 has some of the weaker battle themes around, but the remix in dissidia was Good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uO_NMpRnwrQ

no idea if the track's fun to play.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

does anyone bother using any of the different chime noises?

e: oops, dunno how i typed byline

Minera fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Sep 26, 2014

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Minrad posted:

does anyone bother using any of the different byline noises?

I do mainly for the battle songs because it just makes the nostalgia wash over you like a cool, refreshing mountain stream, complete with the sounds of spring such as birds chirping.

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
i dont know if library ancients was in this batch or the last but it and the crystal chronicles track are my standouts of the dlc. there's also blitzball, if you partake in the sport, like myself.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i got this game and its really fun but i'm sad lulu and selphie aren't in there

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

By the way, for those of you not reading the general 3DS thread, this and this exist for friend coding purposes.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

oh gently caress my chaos map's boss just threw an Ultimate map at me, what a loving wipeout

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
most if not all the songs in my quests are ultimate.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Minrad posted:

does anyone bother using any of the different chime noises?

e: oops, dunno how i typed byline

Only for battle. I keep chime noise to 1 because otherwise the quieter FMS songs are just a mash of BING BING BING CHANG SWOOSG so for battle I used some of the obnoxious sounds so I could actually hear them. Like for swipe I use that sword draw chime from FF13 that is like 2 seconds long.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Minrad posted:

oh gently caress my chaos map's boss just threw an Ultimate map at me, what a loving wipeout

If you have Libra 2 equipped you can see the difficulty and track the next song when you beat the current one. For stuff like bosses if you don't have it use a Gnomish Bread and you can see if it's an obnoxious song or a hard difficulty, you can change the track with gamblers spirit and make it easier with uh I think Fortune sphere?

You can get Libra 2 as a quest reward and Gnomish Bread drops constantly for me

I play mostly ultimate quests now but I still keep it equipped because some songs are really annoying

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Gnomish Bread

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Jesus loving christ gently caress that thing where the arrows start rotating.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
oh good there's a thread just for this game. i'm just using chars I like and not worrying about party composition yet

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Poque posted:

oh good there's a thread just for this game. i'm just using chars I like and not worrying about party composition yet

i put someone fast as my leader and then strong people in the other slots and otherwise dont worry about it

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
i'm just gonna play with all the FF5 characters

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Poque posted:

i'm just gonna play with all the FF5 characters

when the Krile DLC comes out make sure to swap Galuf out for her when you get to the final dungeon in a long quest :-)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
just bought this. after playing far too much of the first one I thought this wouldn't have a huge grip on me but nope it's still rhythm crack

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

fronz posted:

when the Krile DLC comes out make sure to swap Galuf out for her when you get to the final dungeon in a long quest :-)

I cried when this happened

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

I didn't know it could go that high

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i have a lvl 1 short quest where the final boss can drop black shards if anyone wants it

i think black shards are the only rare annoying thing really, just to unlock sephiroth

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

elf help book posted:

i have a lvl 1 short quest where the final boss can drop black shards if anyone wants it

i think black shards are the only rare annoying thing really, just to unlock sephiroth

Silver and yellow shards are the annoying things, since I never get quests that give them to me!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

fronz posted:

Silver and yellow shards are the annoying things, since I never get quests that give them to me!!

i can give you plenty of those

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

elf help book posted:

i can give you plenty of those

do you have a high-level quest (since the ones where everything's a basic are super tedious) with lots of silver? or yellow? or both?
I need 8 silver and 4 yellow to have all the characters, and then I never need another crystal again.

what kind of crystals do you want

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i have a lvl 99 with 6 silver, lvl 52 with 4 silver, and a lvl 58 with 7 yellow

i dont care currently except i dont want red lol

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

elf help book posted:

i have a lvl 99 with 6 silver, lvl 52 with 4 silver, and a lvl 58 with 7 yellow

i dont care currently except i dont want red lol

ok ill attach some map that has a ton of crystals. PM me your fc and i'll send you mine when I'm back at my 3ds (in like 10-15)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

lol i died on the final note and lost

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

elf help book posted:

lol i died on the final note and lost

i got beat to hell by a random speed you sent my way, got bad on like 5 or 6 notes due to it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sephiroth is really good though especially if you level him to 99 multiple times for the CP like an idiot (I did this)

At some point I just fed him Crystarium cards, I think I just reset him twice to get him to 68 and then got 30 points or so from cards I looked up the password to.

Now Sephiroth has Added Cut, Firaga, Thundaga and Ultima (95 CP) and he has SSS Strength and Magic so he's hitting hard with the spells and his added cuts and triggering added cut off the other people who have it too

Also I found out that "SSS" means 255 or so but the stats actually go up to like 999 if you bother boosting them lol no thanks~

PS when the DLC for the advent children version of One Winged Angel comes out it's gonna be more than 6 minutes long

The current version of one winged angel is the longest song a 4 mins long

q1dm4
Dec 2, 2003

rockets only
this game is real good. rydia is my favorite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Who wants more useless facts

the highest notes per minute on ultimate is Crazy CHocobo with 216 but the Field songs kind of mess it up because they'll have a hold note with like a million notes in it

For battle music it's Force Your Way which isn't that surprising I think, then DLC (leviathan battle and Pop-Up Duel both from CHocobo Dungeon, dunno what they are) then FF6 battle, then FF9 The Final Battle, Maybe I'm a Lion

• Locked thread