Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

slowbeef posted:

Metal Gear

I don't know if this is the right place to mention it, but didn't you do LPs of this and MG2? Whatever happened to those?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy

HGH posted:

I don't know if this is the right place to mention it, but didn't you do LPs of this and MG2? Whatever happened to those?

Chip did mini-LPs as bonus videos for MGS3 (though for MG1 he kinda cheated and just mostly did a boss rush since there's not much story to the game until the very end and it's a lot of monotonous backtracking anyway)

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
MG2, on the other hand, has some downright awesome bits. Zanzibar poisonous hamsters, anyone?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

anilEhilated posted:

MG2, on the other hand, has some downright awesome bits. Zanzibar poisonous hamsters, anyone?

Was that 2? I have to go re-watch that now...

Also, MGS 3 is awesome with Mission J Frog

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

HGH posted:

In 2004, I made a "strategy guide" for MG2 for my website. It's on my computer back home. I keep forgetting to upload it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20121107223813/http://slowbeef.com/MG2/

e: holy poo poo, that was a decade ago...

give me thread
Dec 29, 2008
Has anyone made an LP of Major Stryker? I can't see it in LP Archive but maybe it's just not in the archive. Just wanna relive those old Apogee moments from childhood :)

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

slowbeef posted:

In 2004, I made a "strategy guide" for MG2 for my website. It's on my computer back home. I keep forgetting to upload it.

http://web.archive.org/web/20121107223813/http://slowbeef.com/MG2/

e: holy poo poo, that was a decade ago...

Thanks a bunch! That was my first exposure to MG2 outside of MGS1's summaries and I found it hilarious back then.
And yeah, time sure flies.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anyone able to recommend any LPs for Endless Legend or Age of Wonders 3? I get that they're both kinda sandboxy, but I kinda want to watch an LP of them to get an idea for if they'd be something I'd be interested in.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Can someone recommend a good off-SA LP of the first Pikmin game? The one in the archives has an opening to each video that must use some song that sets off the YouTube copyright alarms, because the audio is disabled on any videos that features it. Sure its on the Internet Archives, but that's kinda a pain to use on my handheld devices. Plus I'm not the biggest fan of faceguy's LPs.

Tuxedo Ted fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Sep 25, 2014

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

tithin posted:

Anyone able to recommend any LPs for Endless Legend or Age of Wonders 3? I get that they're both kinda sandboxy, but I kinda want to watch an LP of them to get an idea for if they'd be something I'd be interested in.

There's an LP of the first 2 Age of Wonders games that will probably get to AoW 3 at some point. It's still in the pre-expansion AoW2, so you may have to wait quite a bit, though.

Amputraitor
May 28, 2012
Can anyone recommend a long LP that I can let drone on in the background while I attempt to accomplish other things? An RPG preferably that's not Final Fantasy.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Amputraitor posted:

Can anyone recommend a long LP that I can let drone on in the background while I attempt to accomplish other things? An RPG preferably that's not Final Fantasy.

Back on page 11 there was a good list of LPs like that. If you want an RPG specifically, Bobbin Threadbare's Rogue Galaxy is pretty nice. A less-known action RPG with a kinda generic plot, but it has a lot of charm and Bobbin does a good job showing off this diamond in the rough. The biggest complaint about it is that it doesn't use its star-faring opportunities to its fullest.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Amputraitor posted:

MyNameIsKaz did Diablo 2, all three difficulties, using pretty much only skeletons. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLH3kxAP9pm5g0EG0Z5zH7mVMNeGzs9kih Runs at about 44 hours long.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

ScurvyKip's Xenosaga LP is some 39 videos of a long, sprawling JRPG that would be incredibly boring if he and his guests weren't there to point out stupid lines and bad plot points.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Amputraitor posted:

T40's LP of Tales of Symphonia clocks in 102 videos ranging in length from 20 to 40 minutes each, so it definitely fits the long category.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Lazyfire posted:

ScurvyKip's Xenosaga LP is some 39 videos of a long, sprawling JRPG that would be incredibly boring if he and his guests weren't there to point out stupid lines and bad plot points.

Xenosaga Episode I is pretty much two hours of good SciFi diffused across 40 hours of boring. But I'll second the recommendation of the LP though.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
Are there any video LPs out there that would be a good example of covering a complicated game, where the LPer has to make an effort to explain lots of intricate game mechanics? So not something they can make a side comment like "by the way, fire does double damage to ice" but more like "Ok, so now I need to cover the parry system, which is actually pretty deep. Blah blah blah etc"

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

HaroldofTheRock posted:

Are there any video LPs out there that would be a good example of covering a complicated game, where the LPer has to make an effort to explain lots of intricate game mechanics? So not something they can make a side comment like "by the way, fire does double damage to ice" but more like "Ok, so now I need to cover the parry system, which is actually pretty deep. Blah blah blah etc"

Are you asking besides Chip's platinum videos?

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

HaroldofTheRock posted:

Chip and Ironicus LPs do a great job of going in-depth into mechanics, this is particularly shown off well in Metal Gear Rising and the current Wonderful 101 playthoughs since they're both Platinum games and obstinately opposed to explaining themselves normally. So Chip really puts a lot of effort into explaining scoring systems, boss patterns, etc.

HaroldofTheRock
Jun 3, 2003

Pillbug
Thanks guys, I'll check those out!

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm like 99% sure that there haven't been any real time strategy LP's. I'm talking like Total War type RTS. I know someone was doing a Command and Conquer LP and abandoned it in favor of playing some other video game.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

GentlemanBrofro posted:

I'm like 99% sure that there haven't been any real time strategy LP's. I'm talking like Total War type RTS. I know someone was doing a Command and Conquer LP and abandoned it in favor of playing some other video game.

There have been LPs of several Total War games, and there's one going on right now? :confused:

e: Shalcar is doing a detailed exploration of the game's mechanics, so his LP might be interesting to the guy a few posts above.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

GentlemanBrofro posted:

There was a Red Alert 2 LP that died out, for some reason.

There's a Starcraft 2 LP that seems to be dead, not sure what the status is.

There's a Shogun 2 Total War LP on-going.

There's a Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun LP that's currently on-going.

There's a Company of Heroes LP.

E: Almost forgot Grey Hunter's Combat Mission LP's

And I'm pretty sure I'm missing another 3-5 that are currently on the forums.

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 26, 2014

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
There was also a rad Warcraft one, and a Warcraft 2 one made by the same LPer, but unfortunately that one died before it got too far into the expansion pack.

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008
Any suggestions on a quality Terraria Let's Play? I realize I'm pretty late to the game at this point

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax
Welp I was very wrong. Thanks duderz.

PlatinumJukebox
Nov 14, 2011

Uh oh, I think someone just told Hunter what game he's in.
Are there any good co-op VLPs like Kaubocks' Saints Row 2 LP where the game is broken and glitchy as all hell with hilarious results? Only similar ones I can think of are Mass Effect and Twilight Princess by the Freelance Astronauts. Oh, and the recent LPs by the Men Drinkin' Coffee.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

PlatinumJukebox posted:

Are there any good co-op VLPs like Kaubocks' Saints Row 2 LP where the game is broken and glitchy as all hell with hilarious results? Only similar ones I can think of are Mass Effect and Twilight Princess by the Freelance Astronauts. Oh, and the recent LPs by the Men Drinkin' Coffee.

Mercenaries 2 is like that and pretty much my favorite LP of all time. Well, it's not that glitchy, but they break the game in most unexpected ways.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

There was a Red Alert 2 LP that died out, for some reason.

There's a Starcraft 2 LP that seems to be dead, not sure what the status is.

There's a Shogun 2 Total War LP on-going.

There's a Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun LP that's currently on-going.

There's a Company of Heroes LP.

E: Almost forgot Grey Hunter's Combat Mission LP's

And I'm pretty sure I'm missing another 3-5 that are currently on the forums.
There's also Total Annihilation and the ongoing TA Kingdoms by Neruz.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

PlatinumJukebox posted:

Not Co-Op, but Meccaprime's Link's Awakening fully embraces the glitchy glory of the game.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

PlatinumJukebox posted:

There's always one of the good Sonic 06 LPs, in blind-Pokecapn and expert-MassRafter flavors. I can't post links because I'm on my phone, but they shouldn't be too hard to find.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

ChaosArgate posted:

There's always one of the good Sonic 06 LPs, in blind-Pokecapn and expert-MassRafter flavors. I can't post links because I'm on my phone, but they shouldn't be too hard to find.

http://lparchive.org/Sonic-The-Hedgehog-2006/ <--POKECAPN

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3656903 <--MASSRAFTER

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
There anything like Sniper Elite 3? I like the real time think-and-shoot form of it, although it's horribly glitched on my PC and I could only play halfway through.. So thankful there are some LPs on youtube of it to sate my thirst. But anything else like it? Doesn't have to be snipey. But it can be. :haw:

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!

Paradox Personified posted:

There anything like Sniper Elite 3? I like the real time think-and-shoot form of it, although it's horribly glitched on my PC and I could only play halfway through.. So thankful there are some LPs on youtube of it to sate my thirst. But anything else like it? Doesn't have to be snipey. But it can be. :haw:
I like Stratafyre's LP of Velvet Assassin, which has a lot of the same aesthetics of Sniper Elite, without the sniper sections, but with a really nice sense of humor.
Let's Play Velvet Assassin

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Combat Lobster's Volgarr the Viking LP should really have more attention. Combat Lobster is putting out fun, informative videos that are pretty much perfect if you have 10-15 minutes to kill and want to watch something quick and entertaining.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Most of the videos from VoidBurger's original Silent Hill LP seem to have been taken down. Are those still available anywhere, or are they gone for good? That would be a shame.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Geop posted:

7) Please check the Master List and LPArchive.org if you're curious of whether something's been LP'd already. Also, if you're using LPArchive.org, there are numerous older LPs which you'll come across. Hosts have died over time, but many of these LPs have been uploaded to Archive.org! Keep an eye out for this banner in those cases:

COME ON IT'S RIGHT AT THE TOP OF THE ARCHIVE PAGE.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Hey, I know you, you asked about a knowledgeable playthrough of Arkham Asylum about a year ago, right? There's finally one going on! (here)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ChaosArgate posted:

COME ON IT'S RIGHT AT THE TOP OF THE ARCHIVE PAGE.

How dare you expect people to read, that's why we have VIDEO LPs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Jobbo_Fett posted:

How dare you expect people to read, that's why we have VIDEO LPs!
Jokes on them! It's a subtitled LP! Fart.