Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Not that it will probably change anything but you can always make the organizers of the convention aware that you aren't planning on attending due to one of their headliners having absolutely awful views about women. Not that nerd cons are known for being super duper progressive about that kind of poo poo (see: Pedophile being payed by DragonCon for a decade even after they knew) but who knows until you try?

Has Adam Baldwin actually said anything negative about women?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gourd of Taste
Sep 11, 2006

by Ralp
thanks to this thread I learned that Jayne was good friends with Breitbart

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Segmentation Fault posted:

If the "friends with Breitbart" thing is true, it'd be goddamn miraculous if he hadn't

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Not that it will probably change anything but you can always make the organizers of the convention aware that you aren't planning on attending due to one of their headliners having absolutely awful views about women. Not that nerd cons are known for being super duper progressive about that kind of poo poo (see: Pedophile being payed by DragonCon for a decade even after they knew) but who knows until you try?
Someone actually did mention it in the guest announcement comments and got several likes. Guess I'm not alone.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Not that I heard, but he recently compared gay marriage to incest.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Adam Baldwin is seriously the exact kind of guy John Casey was a parody of.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Not that nerd cons are known for being super duper progressive about that kind of poo poo (see: Pedophile being payed by DragonCon for a decade even after they knew) but who knows until you try?

That was a matter of him being one of the owners of the corporation. There was no morals clause in the articles, and they couldn't force him out without paying him even more until he was convicted. It took them several years to figure out whether or not their "dissolve and remake the corporation" plan was even legal, and they couldn't say anything about it because the kiddy-toucher was a litigious rear end in a top hat who threatened to sue at least once because he claimed DC was underreporting attendance to screw him out of his cut.

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost

The secret is buying in bulk. Don't tell anyone, since it's a secret.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

CoasterMaster posted:

The secret is buying in bulk. Don't tell anyone, since it's a secret.

isn't the BEST way to grow your own (in your garden using home made fertilizer and rainwater of course)?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Fatkraken posted:

isn't the BEST way to grow your own (in your garden using home made fertilizer and rainwater of course)?

Organic farming, unsurprisingly, involves a considerable amount of loss. Maintenance and storage are also time sinks as well as their own costs. Gardening's a fine hobby but it's not all that cost-effective and definitely isn't worth your time when you can just go to the store and buy produce.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Organic farming, unsurprisingly, involves a considerable amount of loss. Maintenance and storage are also time sinks as well as their own costs. Gardening's a fine hobby but it's not all that cost-effective and definitely isn't worth your time when you can just go to the store and buy produce.

Yeah, but then the government CHEMTRAILS OBAMA

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

Games journalism looks awesome. I want to know Drunk Lady in Ballgown and Tiara's feelings on Destiny.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Thinky Whale posted:

Games journalism looks awesome. I want to know Drunk Lady in Ballgown and Tiara's feelings on Destiny.

SJWs almost look like JoJo's characters.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

SJWs almost look like JoJo's characters.

Killer Queer

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

oh totally, you might save money (assuming you don't buy anything in, use home made compost, rainwater and already have the appropriate tools and are able to control pests without buying anything either) but you certainly won't save time and for anyone with a job it's absolutely more cost effective to just buy your food.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

This one's a new one compared to the usual shares I see for homeschooling and anything not organic's is instant death at first bite.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

M_Sinistrari posted:

This one's a new one compared to the usual shares I see for homeschooling and anything not organic's is instant death at first bite.

I'm sot sure what I find crazier, the idea that someone on your friends list is gullible enough to believe that's a serious Facebook page, or the idea that they actually agree with them. :psyduck:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

dijon du jour posted:

I'm sot sure what I find crazier, the idea that someone on your friends list is gullible enough to believe that's a serious Facebook page, or the idea that they actually agree with them. :psyduck:

It's a friend who's really into the rockabilly lifestyle and was being outraged over the discrimination towards people with tattoos. This same person's a big one for posting the 'real women have curves' type stuff when her reality's out of shape and dumpy and introverts are special snowflakes that need delicate treatment and handling type stuff.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
I want to meet the parent who spends so much on tattoos that they can't actually afford food anymore. Like, are you tattooing your intestines or something, I need to see this...

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

DrProsek posted:

I want to meet the parent who spends so much on tattoos that they can't actually afford food anymore. Like, are you tattooing your intestines or something, I need to see this...

"Hey, dad, you wanna throw the ball around?"

BZZZZZZZZZZZ BZZZZT BZZZZT BZZZZZT "Not right now, son, I'm busy."

"But you're always busy getting your stupid tattoos!"

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
I touched the poop :( I don't think it would make sense to any of you so I'm not including the screen shot, but this woman finally hit a nerve with me and I couldn't hold back. I've gotten a lot of private replies telling me everything I said was wonderful, etc but very little public support. It ended with me posting a photo of my dog's giant balls (which was relevant, actually) and her flipping out over that too.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

SteveVizsla posted:

I touched the poop :( I don't think it would make sense to any of you so I'm not including the screen shot, but this woman finally hit a nerve with me and I couldn't hold back. I've gotten a lot of private replies telling me everything I said was wonderful, etc but very little public support. It ended with me posting a photo of my dog's giant balls (which was relevant, actually) and her flipping out over that too.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > Social Media: posted a photo of my dog's giant balls (which was relevant)

Finisher1
Feb 21, 2008

SteveVizsla posted:

You can't tell us there was a situation where posting a picture of your dog's balls was a good decision and then not post what led up to it.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Was there poop on the giant dog balls? This is important.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Finisher1 posted:

You can't tell us there was a situation where posting a picture of your dog's balls was a good decision and then not post what led up to it.

Naw. Posting a picture of a dog's balls is always appropriate.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Was the woman actually Bob Barker?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Finisher1 posted:

If photoshop will open I'll try to edit it to something understandable, but a short summary: this all involved show dogs and health relating to breeding. The woman posting, saying people need to stop gossiping and keeping secrets and blah blah, has been in this breed for decades and is well known for breeding dogs with major health problems which she brushes off as being minor. I commented about how everyone needs to be open, etc. and one person joined in to sort of back me up. She called out that guy, telling him to post his female's pedigree along with 5 dogs he would breed to, all of their faults, health problems in their pedigrees, etc. I suggested maybe she should start by giving us an example using one of her dogs instead of calling others out. She told me to post my female for the same comparison. Thing is, I own one dog, and it's a male. Almost all of my friends on FB are dog people so I post about him constantly, it would take one click to know he's my only dog.

It was all a lot more volatile than that sounds and nobody ever stands up to this woman. She's now stalking my page and leaving posts in a bunch of groups and "witch hunters" and how I have no life and all I do is gossip.

Was there poop on the giant dog balls? This is important.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Cute dog.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Thank you for showing us a picture of your dog's balls.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Yeah, it's the dog's bollocks.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Thanks!

And you're welcome, Karl Fungus. I made it a thumbnail just for you :)

vvvv He had been sleeping, I poked his leg to get him to lift it so I could take the photo and he was wondering why I was poking him.

SteveVizsla has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Sep 28, 2014

FlushablPet
Apr 27, 2002
AtKajAndAarAt

SteveVizsla posted:

"Was there poop on the giant dog balls? This is important."

So clean. Any dog will tell you, there's nothing more liberating than a shorn scrote.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

SteveVizsla posted:

Thanks!

And you're welcome, Karl Fungus. I made it a thumbnail just for you :)

I will also say thanks for standing up to that kind of poo poo. I really really want a bulldog but I realize that overall there's a huge chance of health problems if I get a pure-bred, partly due to time with the breed etc but also because there are just some irresponsible breeders out there too.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
This was shared ironically, but what? :psyduck:

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Boywhiz88 posted:

I will also say thanks for standing up to that kind of poo poo. I really really want a bulldog but I realize that overall there's a huge chance of health problems if I get a pure-bred, partly due to time with the breed etc but also because there are just some irresponsible breeders out there too.

Don't get a bulldog. They are by far the worst off breed. Even good, ethical breeders constantly run into health problems. I've tried to help a few people find good, healthy dogs out there and they don't exist. Other than the obvious hips and elbows and breathing issues, eyes are a constant problem.

I'm a purebred person (and I do stuff with purebred rescue for my breeds), but that is the one breed I tell people to stay away from 100% of the time.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Irradiation posted:

This was shared ironically, but what? :psyduck:

#KraftIsNotTheOnlyOneThatPollutesMacaroni

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

SteveVizsla posted:

Don't get a bulldog. They are by far the worst off breed. Even good, ethical breeders constantly run into health problems. I've tried to help a few people find good, healthy dogs out there and they don't exist. Other than the obvious hips and elbows and breathing issues, eyes are a constant problem.

I'm a purebred person (and I do stuff with purebred rescue for my breeds), but that is the one breed I tell people to stay away from 100% of the time.

As much as I love bulldogs this is also the reason I won't get one. I would love a Newfie or GSD, lab or golden but I know in my heart rescuing is the road for me. I did have two purebred rescues though, a Bassett hound who is the biggest, sweetest baby in the whole world and a JRT who is pretty aggressive but awesome with us and the basset. I'd rescue a purebred but I don't think it's something I feel compelled to put a grand and more into.
PS: what kind of dog is that you have!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Mildly :nws: http://i.imgur.com/HIMVn7d.jpg

How does someone look at this and think "Yep, that's the correct spelling" and post?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

SteveVizsla posted:

If photoshop will open I'll try to edit it to something understandable, but a short summary: this all involved show dogs and health relating to breeding. The woman posting, saying people need to stop gossiping and keeping secrets and blah blah, has been in this breed for decades and is well known for breeding dogs with major health problems which she brushes off as being minor. I commented about how everyone needs to be open, etc. and one person joined in to sort of back me up. She called out that guy, telling him to post his female's pedigree along with 5 dogs he would breed to, all of their faults, health problems in their pedigrees, etc. I suggested maybe she should start by giving us an example using one of her dogs instead of calling others out. She told me to post my female for the same comparison. Thing is, I own one dog, and it's a male. Almost all of my friends on FB are dog people so I post about him constantly, it would take one click to know he's my only dog.

It was all a lot more volatile than that sounds and nobody ever stands up to this woman. She's now stalking my page and leaving posts in a bunch of groups and "witch hunters" and how I have no life and all I do is gossip.

Ibizan hound? Someone on PI used to have some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Leon Einstein posted:

I'm not sure why you think the default belief is that God exists. Would kids believe in god if nobody told them to believe? Doubtful.

My parents decided to let me figure out on my own what to believe and that's why i believe that in the year of our lord, 1980, Flash Gordon saved everyone of us.

• Locked thread