Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Blackheart posted:

lmfao at the "they don't play the sudden death" rule

Sudden Death begins. As the other player puts down his controller, Blackheart attacks and KOs him. A hush falls over the crowd.

Tournament Host: "... You do not Smash with honor."

Blackheart: "No." looks to the other player "He did."

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Sep 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dec 26, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

"these games have been so polarizing so far. either one player wins or the other does"

the john madden of smash bros commentary

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

so the things that are happening on October the 3rd for me:

my new iPhone 6 arrives
my copy Smash arrives

yeah no problems at all next week, haha :stare:

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Supercar Gautier posted:

"these games have been so polarizing so far. either one player wins or the other does"

way too unbalanced

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Supercar Gautier posted:

I don't get why people keep saying that the Gamecube mapping makes sense but the 3DS mapping doesn't. they're literally as similar as they could possibly be

Compare to an N64 with Left and Down C in place of X and A

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

everyone is very happy that they haven't had to use the n64 controller for smash bros since 2001 so I don't know why you'd use that as the basis for anything

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Concordat posted:

Compare to an N64 with Left and Down C in place of X and A

Compare to playing SSB64 on the Wii Virtual Console with a Classic Controller.

_Endgame_
Jun 19, 2010

NERF THIS!
The greatest thing about today's tournament was Aerolink's Palutena completely shutting down pwing's infuriating camp villager from the last tournament. Palutena shutting down camping makes me really giddy seeing as she is someone I wanted to main.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
Where the gently caress is the gang tag?

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
This is hosed.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

bonzibuddy64 posted:

This is hosed.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Supercar Gautier posted:

*A slow clap emerges from the silence, spreading through the room...through the county...through the state, and the country, and beyond. Soon every living being with hands joins in* We've done it, ladies and gentlemen. We've reached peak commentary quality. There are no more heights in this universe left for us to reach.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

game's out restart steam

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008

Good review. Beetle owns, though.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Has there been anything said about the GC controller adapter being sold separately? I really want to download Smash because I hate dealing with discs, but I would like the adapter. And have they said anything about Wavebird support for it? I have an adapter on my PC that seems like it can't power a Wavebird receiver, but since the Wii U one uses 2 USB ports I'm hoping it can.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

TVs Ian posted:

Has there been anything said about the GC controller adapter being sold separately? I really want to download Smash because I hate dealing with discs, but I would like the adapter. And have they said anything about Wavebird support for it? I have an adapter on my PC that seems like it can't power a Wavebird receiver, but since the Wii U one uses 2 USB ports I'm hoping it can.

guy at my Gamestop said they will support Wavebird but that's all I've heard and he might not know jack poo poo

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

TVs Ian posted:

Yes it will be $20

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

Bass Bottles posted:

Yes it will be $20

How much are the controllers on their own, and do they have like a 2- or 4-pack of them?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Mach2 posted:

How much are the controllers on their own, and do they have like a 2- or 4-pack of them?

Controllers are $30 each, no multipacks afaik

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

bonzibuddy64 posted:

Where the gently caress is the gang tag?

bonzibuddy64 posted:

This is hosed.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

DrPaper posted:

guy at my Gamestop said they will support Wavebird but that's all I've heard and he might not know jack poo poo

Pretty sure this info comes from the original release statement, but

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
If they don't support wavebird what's the god drat point.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

How in the gently caress would they not support Wavebird? The thing is literally just a set of Gamecube controller ports, which the WB is designed to plug into.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

fronz posted:

If they don't support wavebird what's the god drat point.

white gc controllers

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

I don't get why people keep saying that the Gamecube mapping makes sense but the 3DS mapping doesn't. they're literally as similar as they could possibly be

that jump button being moved is exactly why it sucks. who the gently caress uses y to jump on the gc controller.

i've play the demo so much i'm used to it by now but that poo poo is getting remapped first thing after i turn on the game so that y is special, b is attack, and a is jump

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Guy A. Person posted:

How in the gently caress would they not support Wavebird? The thing is literally just a set of Gamecube controller ports, which the WB is designed to plug into.

Usually the receiver uses too much power to work on a single USB.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

sharrrk posted:

that jump button being moved is exactly why it sucks. who the gently caress uses y to jump on the gc controller.

i've play the demo so much i'm used to it by now but that poo poo is getting remapped first thing after i turn on the game so that y is special, b is attack, and a is jump

i do

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

Moriatti posted:

Usually the receiver uses too much power to work on a single USB.

Good thing the adapter uses 2 USB ports then:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

sharrrk posted:

literally. Literally. everyone

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I use y to jump and c up to jump because they both are up

I'm literally retarded though

And I'm serious posting

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

LanceKing2200 posted:

do the math you caveman. that's half a usb per gc port. sheesh

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
My friends were like what the gently caress?? You don't use c-down??

And I said no that shits hosed up

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

you people are nuts, x to jump is way better

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

LanceKing2200 posted:

[pours the exact same amount of water into two different size glasses]

which glass has more water ??

you: guhhh. Buggggh. the smaller glass

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

oddium posted:

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
im still excited

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

oddium posted:

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

I have never met anyone who doesn't just use up to jump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Tap Jumpers are literally satan, don't fall for their lies.

This is going to be the longest six days.

• Locked thread