Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Bimmi posted:

Another tidbit from the show: non-scale Space Colony by WAVE, release 01/15 @ ¥3600.

That is bad rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Suzaku posted:

So, 21,600 for the kit, plus 12,960 for all the LEDs equals 34,560 yen for the hole shebang. :stonklol:

Not counting, ya know, shipping. poo poo, even I'm not THAT crazy.

I am. :henget:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Bimmi posted:

Another tidbit from the show: non-scale Space Colony by WAVE, release 01/15 @ ¥3600.

Okay, I need to have that.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
Here's hoping the Unicorn's third mode is gerwalk.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

S-Alpha posted:

Yeah, it's a sort of twisted genius. It's pretty cheap for a PG, so they can just churn out recolors with impunity and not have a huge backlash.

I'm kinda hoping they take another whack at that whole modular weapon pack thing they were gonna do with the PG Strike and then ditched. They could just churn out Armed Armors, extra gatlings/rifles, and maybe even the booster pack :unsmigghh:

I'm fully expecting the Full Armor equipment to be a web exclusive pack for another $100 or so at some point after the PG Unicorn's released.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

CaptainRat posted:

Here's hoping the Unicorn's third mode is gerwalk.

The third mode is Literal Unicorn mode. Basically a PG Fuunsaiki.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

The Missing Link posted:

The third mode is Literal Unicorn mode. Basically a PG Fuunsaiki.

Well there is that SD Knight Unicorn that turns into a centaur...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm fully expecting the Full Armor equipment to be a web exclusive pack for another $100 or so at some point after the PG Unicorn's released.

Oh I fully expect them to go apeshit crazy with web exclusives, on that subject, do you think they'd relegate the Banshee to an online only release?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It's pretty unlikely. The Banshee has just enough changes that it wouldn't be very cost-effective to make it an exclusive.

PG FA Unicorn, on the other hand, is a toss-up. All Bandai really needs to make is the backpack, and maybe the hyper beam javelins. Everything else can be recycled. At the same time, though, it's a popular enough design that it might be worth general release.

Suzaku
Feb 15, 2012

Bimmi posted:

Okay, that I am all over.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I'm hoping PG Unicorn's "third mode" isn't just a polite euphemism for what happens when it collapses under its own weight and falls off the display shelf.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

PoptartsNinja posted:

I'm hoping PG Unicorn's "third mode" isn't just a polite euphemism for what happens when it collapses under its own weight and falls off the display shelf.
On the other hand, that being officially recognized would be a sight to behold.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Um, excuse me but

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BlitzBlast posted:

Here's what I got out of the blurbs.

PG 1/60 RX-0 Unicorn Gundam
21,600 yen (+8% tax) (December 2014 Release)
    Perfect recreation of the Unicorn Mode to Destroy Mode transformation. (Including face guard unfolding)
    Implementation of a "Third Form".
    The entire body's red psychoframe will feature a light up gimmick.
    For the transformation's open-close movement, the v-fin will feature a magnet. This will let it look good in Unicorn mode. When it unfolds in Destroy Mode, the inside will also be gold colored.
    Seeking the utmost articulation in the elbows and knees.

PERFECT GRADE
    The hardpoints on the legs can be used in either mode. (?)
    Weapons: Shield x1, Beam Magnum x1, Beam Magnum cartridge x1, Beam Gatling Gun x2, Beam Saber x4, Beam Bazooka x1
    Includes a display base.
    Will have a wide variety of decals.
    LED units (sold separately) can make the pyschoframe light up.
    Total height: 361 mm (in Destroy Mode).

PG 1/60 RX-0 Unicorn Gundam LED Units
12,960 yen (+8% tax) (December 2014 Release)
    PG 1/60 RX-0 Unicorn Gundam will use LEDs.
    The psychoframe will use twenty-nine, and the camera one. In total there will be 30 LEDs.
    There is a light up sequence (operated by a switch):
      1. The camera gradually lights up.
      2. The psychoframe gradually lights up.
      3. The psychoframe gradually shuts off, then the camera.
The light-up sequence also has a built-in Auto Mode.

And then there's a big blurb on the Unicorn's history nobody should care about.

MGs are bigger, more detailed, and more articulated. RGs are the same size as HGs, more detailed, and more articulated. Both feature inner frames.

Has somebody pointed you to dalong yet? Because you should go to dalong.

Hold up so the kit is like 200 bucks, and then the LEDS are another hundo? Fuuuuuuuck.

Gammatron 64 posted:

1/144 scale space colony.

I'd buy it.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Let's see, the average length of an O'Neill Island 3 type space colony is about 20 miles long. One mile is 5280 feet. So a 1/144 scale model of a space colony would be around 733'4" or simply 8,800 inches (22352 cm for you metric types out there).

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Finally done! I'm gonna take a couple weeks break until I start working on the Full Armor additions. It never ends.

I'm really glad with the way it turned out. God bless you Bandai, you greedy bastards.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Sep 27, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It looks good, but it'd look better if you focused your camera a little more. Consider buying a lamp!

I guess PG Unicorn is going to be the only big announcement. I mean I'm sure one of my friends is freaking out that RD Shining finally got greenlit, but nothing really catches my eye. Hell RD V-Dash is worse than the previous RD V + V-Dash parts, it's missing the VSRBs.

Maybe I will just get the MG. Someday, long in the future.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

That is, quite literally, the best focus I can get on it, since all I have is a lovely PS Vita camera. I'll see if I can't borrow a friend's DSLR for a better shot later.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

People who buy multiple Unicorns are insane. Don't you realize you're playing right into bandai's hands.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of my wallet sobbing.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
PG Unicorn is a pretty huge deal all by itself, right? Too ridiculous to seriously consider yet the obvious, inevitable choice. The first new PG in four years. An engineering challenge to top them all. It's hard to imagine anything bigger.

It's a somewhat bizarre intro though. A poster and a flyer and nothing else. Almost feels like this thing missed its own coming-out party.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bimmi posted:

PG Unicorn is a pretty huge deal all by itself, right? Too ridiculous to seriously consider yet the obvious, inevitable choice. The first new PG in four years. An engineering challenge to top them all. It's hard to imagine anything bigger.

It's a somewhat bizarre intro though. A poster and a flyer and nothing else. Almost feels like this thing missed its own coming-out party.

It really is odd, considering the RG Wing Zero Custom went from announced to a complete colour model on display over the course of a few days.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I reckon its because they can not allow it to be shown as a crooked prototype like some other models, that could be hype killing.
The PG line has had two weak releases in a row now, the Unicorn is a very high selling design, they need to get it right. Both in execution and marketing.

At least, that's what my (useless) degree would say I had to do. :v:

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

Zedd posted:

I reckon its because they can not allow it to be shown as a crooked prototype like some other models, that could be hype killing.

I too remember what the Sazabi ver.Ka prototypes looked like. Won't matter in the end, the hype for this beast is going to make Neo Zeong look like a practice round.

Open question: what exactly is wrong with the PG 00-R? My interest may or may not be purely academic.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I don't own either myself but from what I have seen and heard the MG is pretty much more/equally detailed, more stable, and much much less weight issues with the limbs and binders.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hey nerds make a decision for me: HG Unicorn Full Armor Destroy Mode, for the Zeong fight scene, or MG Turn A because it has a mustache? I'll do both eventually, which should I do first.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

Hey nerds make a decision for me: HG Unicorn Full Armor Destroy Mode, for the Zeong fight scene, or MG Turn A because it has a mustache? I'll do both eventually, which should I do first.

MG Turn A.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Compromise and get HG Turn A.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BlitzBlast posted:

Compromise and get HG Turn A.

Nah. MG or bust on that one. I want all those sweet sweet panel lines on the MG version.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

MG Turn A. That way the Neo Zeong can be the underdog by a hilarious margin.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

The beast of possibility can wait for a while. For now, I think it's Turn A's turn.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Nah. MG or bust on that one. I want all those sweet sweet panel lines on the MG version.

I might be wrong, but I thought the HG Turn A has the same lining and stuff, but better proportions. No cow though.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

everythingWasBees posted:

I might be wrong, but I thought the HG Turn A has the same lining and stuff, but better proportions. No cow though.

What's wrong with the MGs proportions?

Also, the MG has better poseability and detail, along with the accessories being better.

Oh, and if he ever gets the MG Turn X he can pose them together without the proportions looking way off.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

What's wrong with the MGs proportions?

Also, the MG has better poseability and detail, along with the accessories being better.

Oh, and if he ever gets the MG Turn X he can pose them together without the proportions looking way off.

I'm just echoing what I heard in the thread, with regards to the proportions. The detail on the HG is fantastic (color separation is the only issue, really), though, and doesn't look all that different from the MG. It's also pretty poseable as well.

And besides, you can pose it with the 1/144 NG Kapool, which is the most important part. :colbert:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

The word you're looking for is "articulation".

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Also, the MG has better poseability

Nope!

EDIT: It's actually kind of weird, theoretically the MG has better articulation (especially in the legs) but the HG can pull off more poses.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Sep 27, 2014

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

The word you're looking for is "articulation".

Nope!

Whoops, I must've got that mixed up.

Edit: But yeah, in terms of detail, they're pretty drat similiar.

A few lines missing here and there, but nothing that's not an easy fix, if you must have them.
It even has the cockpit!

everythingWasBees fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 27, 2014

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Huh, I'd been told that the HG can't put it's arms straight up due to the shoulder armor construction while the MG can.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Dunno who told you that, the MG has the exact same issue.

Hell the HG can actually reach a little higher up than the MG!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
My latest kits; I've had them built for a while now but I only just lined the Exia.

gently caress yo puny laser swords. :black101:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

MG Turn A. That way the Neo Zeong can be the underdog by a hilarious margin.

It's not going to be part of the Zeong scene. That's reserved for my HG stuff so that it stays in proportion. Consensus seems to be Turn A though so we'll do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today

I do think the HG looks a little better than the MG, actually. Not too often that happens.

• Locked thread