Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

goldblums eyes posted:

What were things they would do? I hear people mention they were creepy in this thread but never have seen an example.

It was basically a pile of people trying to be Seth, except they weren't funny, there was no Jonathan to balance them, and there were no topic cards for them to discuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

WoG posted:

It was basically a pile of people trying to be Seth, except they weren't funny, there was no Jonathan to balance them, and there were no topic cards for them to discuss.

Hmm, that doesn't really sound creepy but oh well.

Here's a list of all the names that "weird creepy UYD fans" made for okseatbelts so far:

ChumTunnel1977
pheuk me?
Rally Cap Girl
Big Dick Pierre
sk8rboi
RickRosstheBoss69420
HugeLoadsapplyHERE88
MachoNacho6969
BaitCarLover
YeahBabyHoldInThoseScreams
MrStealYoBoyPussy
MomminHardorHardlyMommin78
assamy
ghostridinyerwhip69
20str8lampin06
skypethetwiiiins2myinbox
smooookinwankywanky
Igotgarysbike064life
UYDfan69
LaughingAndSlapping69
mr steal yo girl
The fish man
RobFord420
HugeManGoo
PROESPORTS
NaptimeJew420x88
FACEPEELER420
Goplaytetris
MustardHankyLeftPocket
MYPANTSAREFUCKEDUP1978
KevinSentMe6969
JismDrinker4Jeezo

Shadow Puppet Of
Feb 13, 2014

If I worked there I'd have freaked out long ago and smeared toner all over my naked body, flopping around to spell out "I TOLD YOU SO!" on the carpet until campus security could drag me away.
:xbone:

goldblums eyes posted:

MrStealYoBoyPussy
assamy

These are pretty good names though. I'd date them.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I love you Gweg!

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

goldblums eyes posted:

It was a weird little circlejerk where everyone posted in character as Seth, creepy isn't really the right word but it was bad enough that they canned it without mention. I vaguely remember Jonathan calling out the people on the forums for being wack and cliquey at some point, maybe in the 100s?

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

RobFord420 is the best

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Professor Latency posted:

RobFord420 is the best

Mods! Please change my name.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Shadow Puppet Of posted:

These are pretty good names though. I'd date them.

Some of the names are obviously tryhard, but the idea of creating dating website usernames based on references to UYD works really well.

---
People who were at the Improv show, what was going on when I think they were about to say "Speaking of down south----I have no clue what's going on here, I'm about to do my Zach Galifianakis on the piano over here"? I also couldn't pick up on what was going on when Jah mentioned the chime-ins.

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

goldblums eyes posted:

People who were at the Improv show, what was going on when I think they were about to say "Speaking of down south----I have no clue what's going on here, I'm about to do my Zach Galifianakis on the piano over here"?

There was a mini-grand piano onstage that Seth was leaning on, and he put some of his notecards on it. The reference to Zach Galifianakis is to his "Live at the Purple Onion" DVD, where Zach tells jokes while playing a piano.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
This study about people's racial biases felt very much like UYD material to me, particularly the sentence 'Researchers found they could temporarily reduce people’s prejudices by showing them pictures of black icons like Martin Luther King Jr. in conjunction with infamous white villains like Jeffrey Dahmer'.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Sethro was just on the latest episode of TOFOP (Thirty Odd Foot Of Podcast). I'd never listened to that podcast before, but it was a fantastic ep.

majestic sea cow
Dec 10, 2010

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Sethro was just on the latest episode of TOFOP (Thirty Odd Foot Of Podcast). I'd never listened to that podcast before, but it was a fantastic ep.

just listened to it, def. worth it. (ep #155 - uhh yeah mate)

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Oh god Seth and Dave are being compressed to gently caress, sounds terrible at points. Its also super weird hearing Seth not with Jah.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Hocus Pocus posted:

Its also super weird hearing Seth not with Jah.

I'm freaking out over here.

E: Seth is such a cool guy :allears:

Boatswain fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Sep 26, 2014

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Boatswain posted:

I'm freaking out over here.

E: Seth is such a cool guy :allears:

One of those dudes really needs to laugh off mic.

DannyTanner
Jan 9, 2010

http://www.tofop.com/fofop-155-uhh-yeah-mate/

mp3: http://traffic.libsyn.com/tofop/FOFOP_155-_Uhh_Yeah_Mate.output.mp3 skip to 5:40

DannyTanner fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Sep 26, 2014

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Another question about the Improv show.. did Jah ever get a chair and sit down? I wasn't clear on that.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

goldblums eyes posted:

Another question about the Improv show.. did Jah ever get a chair and sit down? I wasn't clear on that.

Yeah, they were just shuffling things around at the start since it was kind of a small stage.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
Holy :lol: at J-Dawg trying to pronounce "Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad" in Episode 217 around 14:40. He keeps trying to get it, but just gets worse as he's put on the spot with Seth poking fun at him a little bit. He ends up just settling on "Amenijad".

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
He's been in a band with Persian dude. You'd think it would've come up previously.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

goldblums eyes posted:

Here's a list of all the names that "weird creepy UYD fans" made for okseatbelts so far:

ChumTunnel1977
pheuk me?
Rally Cap Girl
Big Dick Pierre
sk8rboi
RickRosstheBoss69420
HugeLoadsapplyHERE88
MachoNacho6969
BaitCarLover
YeahBabyHoldInThoseScreams
MrStealYoBoyPussy
MomminHardorHardlyMommin78
assamy
ghostridinyerwhip69
20str8lampin06
skypethetwiiiins2myinbox
smooookinwankywanky
Igotgarysbike064life
UYDfan69
LaughingAndSlapping69
mr steal yo girl
The fish man
RobFord420
HugeManGoo
PROESPORTS
NaptimeJew420x88
FACEPEELER420
Goplaytetris
MustardHankyLeftPocket
MYPANTSAREFUCKEDUP1978
KevinSentMe6969
JismDrinker4Jeezo

I'm dead

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

These guys keep giving Seth loud over the top levels-blowing laughs for tiny little throwaway jokes. I had to turn it off pretty fast.

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
one guy in particular roars with laughter the whole time, is he doing that to cover nervousness or something?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

An Enormous Boner posted:

These guys keep giving Seth loud over the top levels-blowing laughs for tiny little throwaway jokes. I had to turn it off pretty fast.

Seth: "... yeah, so it's crazy be--"
Laughman: "BWAHAHAHAA HAHA HAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHA"
Seth: ".. uh heh, yeah so Johnathan really wanted me to do a podcast and--"
Laughpack: "OHHH HA! HA! HA!!
Seth "ok"

Great show guys, good work all around. I really liked how piss poor the audio quality was. Glad to hear they are performing at the LA podcast festival or whatever.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Other podcasts are total trash btw

Anachronist
Feb 13, 2009

The audio quality is really one of the best not talked about qualities of UYD. Jonathan brings the heat when it comes to getting good sound quality almost always. That one live show with the bad audio would've passed for a perfectly normal episode for some other podcasts.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

mcvey posted:

Other podcasts are total trash btw

Yes except for the Sidney Brothel Buster which was a great and perfectly UYD story.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Is that TOFOP podcast popular? it sounded like trash and the guys were not very funny although they seemed nice enough

Production
Jun 11, 2001
The guest host (the American guy) is pretty good on other stuff. I think he either was one of the organizers of the LA podcast festival or helped get UYD to actually come out to it.

He does a podcast called The Dollop now that is kinda like long-form historical UYD; he tells the story of some really American American poo poo from history (like the craze of individual dudes trying to conquer Latin American countries, or the sex cult that poisoned salad bars so they could win a local election) with a cohost reacting to it.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

manyak posted:

Is that TOFOP podcast popular? it sounded like trash and the guys were not very funny although they seemed nice enough

Australians will listen to any dull garbage just to distract themselves from living in Australia

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

wil anderson is most famous in australia as a guy whose job is to host panel shows and shut down all interesting discussion

Get Innocuous!
Dec 6, 2011

come together

Anachronist posted:

The audio quality is really one of the best not talked about qualities of UYD. Jonathan brings the heat when it comes to getting good sound quality almost always. That one live show with the bad audio would've passed for a perfectly normal episode for some other podcasts.

Jah had a band called Jogger with Amir so it's no surprise that he's really savvy on the sound side of things. It's actually kind of incredible how both he and Seth's strengths overlap to perfectly cover the others' weaknesses. I think that's why the podcast has been going on for almost 450 episodes now.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Production posted:

The guest host (the American guy) is pretty good on other stuff. I think he either was one of the organizers of the LA podcast festival or helped get UYD to actually come out to it.

He does a podcast called The Dollop now that is kinda like long-form historical UYD; he tells the story of some really American American poo poo from history (like the craze of individual dudes trying to conquer Latin American countries, or the sex cult that poisoned salad bars so they could win a local election) with a cohost reacting to it.

UYD covered the salad bar thing as well.

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

my local craigslist said that 433 dropped, no gay poo poo.

Xemloth
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what?

Willeh posted:

my local craigslist said that 433 dropped, no gay poo poo.

NewYD confirmed dope

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
UYD: Andromeda Delta Through the Eyes of Two Andromedan Star Seeds.

Hearing Seth utter the phrase 'UYD show in London' even slightly sincerely made me deeply excited.

Jeff Wiiver
Jul 13, 2007

Get Innocuous! posted:

Jah had a band called Jogger with Amir so it's no surprise that he's really savvy on the sound side of things. It's actually kind of incredible how both he and Seth's strengths overlap to perfectly cover the others' weaknesses. I think that's why the podcast has been going on for almost 450 episodes now.
Jogger is still a band as far as I know. Their debut album is aces, but took them a very long time to record. Expect a second album in the next 3-4 years.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
i'd imagine with amir touring with julian casablancas full time that jogger is fully on the backburner. 433 was an amazing episode. i'm listening backwards as i pack for a move, and man were the 260s-290s really golden.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
433 up on iTunes for you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

Boatswain posted:

433 up on iTunes for you?

Yup