Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Spanish Manlove posted:

looks like the handle on those old fashioned coke machines that you see at gas stations in the middle of nowhere

You mean a handle to a fridge? Yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

White Dog Eggs posted:

I loving hate those Edge Pro bridges. If I remember right, the reason they don't have locking studs was because they got sued as their previous bridge was pretty much identical to a low-profile Floyd Rose.

Steampunk guitar picks;

$140. Each.

They actually stopped using locking studs because people kept breaking them off because they were stupid. I think you're thinking of the ZR issue

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Darude - Sandstorm

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
Jazz II is the best pick, the III super point is too much.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
I don't think I've ever paid more than 40 cents for a pick.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

White Dog Eggs posted:

I sent the guy a facebook message asking him if they were actual picks or just jewellery (they've all got holes in the top like a pendant), he replied "yes you idiot", so I asked him if they were magic and he blocked me. Now I'll never know :(.

In an ideal world it'd spray scalding hot McDonalds coffee.

lol that's the best answer

"is it x, or y"

"yes"

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Irradiation posted:

I don't think I've ever paid more than 40 cents for a pick.

Tone.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

How much tone can you afford, bro. :lumpen:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
dunlop big stubby 3 mm but only for when im playin bass

when im playing guitar i don't give a gently caress i just dont like really thin ones

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

unlawfulsoup posted:

Jazz II is the best pick, the III super point is too much.

You're wrong.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Sockington posted:

How much tone can you afford, bro. :lumpen:

Sire Oblivion posted:

You're wrong.

Jazz II is pretty good for strumming chords and doing solos. The III always feels like I am fighting the stupid pick when doing strumming. The only question is whether Jazz II red or black (answer is red).

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

unlawfulsoup posted:

The III always feels like I am fighting the stupid pick when doing strumming.

quit gripping it like you're pulling your pud

shiksa posted:

dunlop big stubby 3 mm but only for when im playin bass

they'd be pretty good picks if they didn't immediately wear down to a nub from just looking at them

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

would

would so loving much

dat poker chip tho :mad:

Dewgy fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Sep 27, 2014

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

comes along bort posted:

quit gripping it like you're pulling your pud

This man knows what's up.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Dewgy posted:

would

would so loving much

dat poker chip tho :mad:

You deserve that poker chip. :smugjones:

Adeline Weishaupt fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Sep 27, 2014

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

comes along bort posted:

they'd be pretty good picks if they didn't immediately wear down to a nub from just looking at them

true. ive got a whole pile of em that look like eggs.

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!

umalt posted:

Speaking of picks; what's the most you guys have spent on a pick, and what's your favorite?
$12 on a V-Picks PSYCHO SHREDDER :black101:, which is exactly as stupid as the name suggests.

Favorite is either max grip Jazz IIIs or tortex Jazz III XLs. If they ever make an XL with max grip that would be the best poo poo.

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Ugh, gold hardware

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Xenocidebot posted:

Favorite is either max grip Jazz IIIs or tortex Jazz III XLs. If they ever make an XL with max grip that would be the best poo poo.

i dunno half the appeal of jazz picks is their size

plus whenever someone wants to play your guitar(s) and all you have are tiny picks they can't use:laugh:

Aoi-chan
Jul 28, 2003

Aoi-chan posted:

Du dunno how to deal with that in logic.

What the hell... ?

Dewgy posted:

squat, i'm not really sure how to check my inputs or set this thing up in the audio MIDI doodad either, it's a $10 adapter from amazon

i think i can get logic to see the adapter but getting no response from the guitar in audio midi setup or logic

e: for all i know it could just be hosed and i'm doing it right :shrug:

Does your adapter even work? I bought a $10 adapter from Amazon once. It didn't work.

You are also turning the guitar on, right? The ring is lighting up solid?

ElectricHeir posted:

I feel like now you need something on the top side of the body to balance out that tin.

Guitarists like tube amps right? Carve out another chunk of wood and mount a vacuum tube like that one korg piano has. It doesn't even have to light up or anything, it just adds tone.

edit: crazy idea, wire it up so it turns on when the selector's at the bridge pickup

You can get an authentic cover for it, for only $199.99!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Korg-Triton...=item1e927d7b9c

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Aoi-chan posted:

Does your adapter even work? I bought a $10 adapter from Amazon once. It didn't work.

You are also turning the guitar on, right? The ring is lighting up solid?

yep, solid red, light on the adapter is on, and it worked fine with my old rear end Casio here, just seems to be ignoring the rock band one

i can plug the rock band guitar into the Casio interestingly enough, but it only has five channel MIDI, and only gets four of the strings because one of them starts counting at zero and the other doesn't

i kind of don't care enough to figure out which tho, it's the high strings so it's like playing a weird uke

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
WDE please make me a guitar that looks and functions identical to a saxophone but is still a guitar tia

Aoi-chan
Jul 28, 2003

Dewgy posted:

i can plug the rock band guitar into the Casio interestingly enough, but it only has five channel MIDI, and only gets four of the strings because one of them starts counting at zero and the other doesn't

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat

I love how standardized MIDI is.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Aoi-chan posted:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat

I love how standardized MIDI is.

i admit I'm assuming that's the problem with it anyway, makes the most sense to me

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat
Some Romanian guy added me on facebook and is trying to sell me his "farthers guitar not been played for 20 year".

He now wants to swap it for some hand-wound pickups, I'm only half sure he's scamming me too, it's the oddest thing...

Quickscope420dad posted:

WDE please make me a guitar that looks and functions identical to a saxophone but is still a guitar tia

That sounds like a lot of scary, terrifying electronics. It'd be more fun to duct-tape a pocket-sax to a guitar (I've got one of these, it scares the neighbours cats shitless).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agWVoZu9v4M

That's loving horrid but for some reason I've got a strong desire to play it onstage whilst dressed in a toga.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

no when i say identical i mean it

it should just be a saxophone

except it's a guitar

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Quickscope420dad posted:

except it's a guitar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIOKmnJC548

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

No it should be more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Srrf0KvStI

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I love that kind of guitar playing

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

This sounds like something you would hear if you were on hold with a second-rate PR company.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

White Dog Eggs posted:

This sounds like something you would hear if you were on hold with a second-rate PR company.

yep sounds like maroon 5

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

comes along bort posted:

yep sounds like maroon 5

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

White Dog Eggs posted:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Check it out I found another guitarist who favors the Ibanez vine fretboard inlay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YXpfcZy2Sk

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

tacodaemon posted:

Check it out I found another guitarist who favors the Ibanez vine fretboard inlay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YXpfcZy2Sk
gently caress yes, rock on little Asian shredder girl!

Although to really play RacerX you're supposed to be playing one of these.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

It's the 21st century, why can't I frame this and put it on my wall?

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

White Dog Eggs posted:

Some Romanian guy added me on facebook and is trying to sell me his "farthers guitar not been played for 20 year".

He now wants to swap it for some hand-wound pickups, I'm only half sure he's scamming me too, it's the oddest thing...
I'm the contact paper pickguard.

Quickscope420dad posted:

except it's a guitar

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

White Dog Eggs posted:

i can't be trusted, i would go for this

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

SubG posted:

I'm the contact paper pickguard.

Not going to lie, I'm vaguely tempted to paypal him some money just so I can claim it back when it doesn't show up.

"I search for Dunlop Crybaby or maybe Eric Clatpton NoiseLess TPX pickup system. I would much like to swap"

His facebook page is mostly him shirtless at metal gigs, it's loving adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

White Dog Eggs posted:

Not going to lie, I'm vaguely tempted to paypal him some money just so I can claim it back when it doesn't show up.

"I search for Dunlop Crybaby or maybe Eric Clatpton NoiseLess TPX pickup system. I would much like to swap"

His facebook page is mostly him shirtless at metal gigs, it's loving adorable.
Trade him for some hand-wound pickups. You've got fridge magnets and speaker cable, right?

• Locked thread