Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
WE ARE THE DAMNED

(and loving it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

He's still all about the horses, everything is OK in the world.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So he hasn't worked on the big update really at all?

Well, he said three months, so that's 'only' five hundred pages, right?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Martini Mice-Cream posted:

MSPaint Adventures - Homestuck Edition, the End is Neigh

:sbahj:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So he hasn't worked on the big update really at all? Homestuck won't be over soon, then? Well I guess that means he got a lot of the writing done for that video game, right?

Lmao if anyone expected any more of Hussie than this. I keep telling you HS will never be over. We're here forever.

He actually did finish the script for the video game. Gotta give credit where credit is due on that one.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW
I couldn't even get excited by the prospect of Homestuck today because in the last year I realized how lovely it is once i got out from the torrent of updates

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Well I'm excited

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I'm gonna have to do an archive binge before updates start again.

Dammit, there goes two days of my free time.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I'm a lot less excited than I thought I'd be. I think I was looking forward to one giant update so it'd finally be over more than I was actually looking forward to the content. Hearing that Hussie's only actually done like three months of work and we're just going to go back to drip-feeding updates again is disappointing.

Also have to agree with ANIME MONSTROSITY a little that now that we've had a whole year for the fires to burn down and get some distance, it's like, really? This was the comic everybody went apeshit over? With the garish pixel art and the never-ending teenage angst and drama and the needlessly complex cosmology and the atrocious pacing and the meandering, aimless dialogue? With a fanbase nobody in their right mind would publicly associate with?

I don't even believe Hussie when he says he's still into horses and Olive Garden. I'm starting to think maybe he never was.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
TBH the best thing to come out of this webcomic was the music.

I'm not sure if anyone has ever said that sentence before, but it's true.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I still think it's good.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Bongo Bill posted:

I still think it's good.

Much like your posting!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dolash posted:

I'm a lot less excited than I thought I'd be. I think I was looking forward to one giant update so it'd finally be over more than I was actually looking forward to the content. Hearing that Hussie's only actually done like three months of work and we're just going to go back to drip-feeding updates again is disappointing.

Also have to agree with ANIME MONSTROSITY a little that now that we've had a whole year for the fires to burn down and get some distance, it's like, really? This was the comic everybody went apeshit over? With the garish pixel art and the never-ending teenage angst and drama and the needlessly complex cosmology and the atrocious pacing and the meandering, aimless dialogue? With a fanbase nobody in their right mind would publicly associate with?

I don't even believe Hussie when he says he's still into horses and Olive Garden. I'm starting to think maybe he never was.

Same

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Dolash posted:

I wonder how many words you've written about Homestuck in your life.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Ammat The Ankh posted:

There are only two valid answers to such a question: either "zero" or "too many".

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

JT Jag posted:

TBH the best thing to come out of this webcomic was the music.

I'm not sure if anyone has ever said that sentence before, but it's true.

A shame most of it will never be put to good use within the source material it was made to represent

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The only reason to keep reading Homestuck is so you can play Bingo with your shipping grid.

H.P. Shivcraft
Mar 17, 2008

STAY UNRULY, YOU HEARTLESS MONSTERS!
Well, while walking across campus this week I saw this on the sidewalk, as if someone or something were attempting to warn me.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Too many.

Edit: missed Cat Mattress's post, but yeah.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Well, after seeing the news post, I ended up spending like 2 hours today re-reading from around A6I5 on to current just to kind of remember where we left off. It reminded me how many great pesterlogs we got once the whole alpha kids drama was over, like the stuff with grimbark jade chasing john around, roxy and john, vriska and meenah, dave/karkat/terezi, etc.

I mean I definitely cooled off on and kind of forgot about homestuck during the break but rather than it souring when I came back to it I mostly just ended up remembering all the stuff I liked about it instead? So I guess I'm pretty excited for it to resume.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Dolash posted:

We will never escape this comic.

We're here forever.
:unsmith:

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Chalk me up as a person being excited for updates resuming and looking forward to reading more. :)

But yes, the music IS the best part.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
It's kinda surreal having an actual update to look forward to after all this time.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I started reading HS at the beginning of this year. I'm exciting to see what it's like when it's actually updating :)

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Death Bot posted:

I started reading HS at the beginning of this year. I'm exciting to see what it's like when it's actually updating :)

Flee while there's still time.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Death Bot posted:

Hell.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I agree that the comic slowed down a lot with Alpha-Kid relationship drama, but that last act was quite good. Lots of new personality clashes, and some fun conversations. I wish the wait had been shorter, but I'm still excited for new Homestuck.

Remember Dirk and Hal's existence conversation? Vriska chilling with Meenah and deciding that being The Best wasn't the most important thing in her afterlife? Jade and Calliope bonding? Dave having a nervous breakdown in his room? John and Roxy being adorable? The list goes on.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 28, 2014

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I still like Homestuck and I'm glad that there will be more soon.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Barfing Cumlord posted:

I still like Homestuck and I'm glad that there will be more soon.

Same, barfing cumlord.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Looks like meat's back on the menu, boys.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I actually really liked most of act six, and I'm excited to see what comes next.

Especially in regards to Tavros. He flew off with my other three favorite trolls (Sollux, Nepeta, and Feferi)and I very much want to know what happened to them.

But first it's time for Homosuck part three; which I'm also very pleased about because I love Caliborn and his antics. I know opinions on him are mixed, but I think everything he does is hilarious so I know I'll be enjoying whatever comes next.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Homestuck is good, I like it a whole lot.

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013
:cabot:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Rest in peace Cabot.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Welcome home buddy.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Just to remind you all that I am complete trash when it comes to Homestuck, I think I'll go read another homestuck liveblog to prep for the resuming of upd8s. Maybe PFS or Treestuck. Neither is caught up, but both are entertaining.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Greetings Koos.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
eheheheheheh

hahahhaahehehhehehh

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AAAQHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAAHBAHAH :getin:

Now I can have the LIVE posting experience.

Plus now I have learned that Burk likes Homestuck and oh boy isn't THAT interesting.

Solaris Knight fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Sep 28, 2014

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

Blackheart posted:

Same, barfing cumlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
We have a Koos-must mean Homestuck draws near my friends.

Now let's hope SmugTroll gets her blue and gray face punched in. And maybe Jake's non brain damaged self can do some poo poo.