Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

MGN001 posted:

I'm using a custom skin, and this is happening.

(If you can't tell, the Big Picture button is right over the Steam/File menu button)

What files do I have to edit to move the UI stuff around?
Download the latest Pixelvision, goofus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Ryuga Death posted:

Neat, today's daily deal is Crypt of the Necrodancer for 33% off. My first early access purchase, woo.

it's good

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer
Neverending Nightmares is sooo boring. After playing it for an hour the only thing that scares me is the thought of slowly walking down another identical hallway.

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe

Awesome! posted:

it's good

I'm loving it so far! I'm really bad at it, though.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
edit: nm I figured it out.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Sep 27, 2014

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Zephro posted:

Is there any way to go back to the old Steam storefront? I liked the serendipity and I'm not at all enjoying this "recommended for you" stuff.

no

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Can I assume that if I sucked rear end at Civ V (never being able to think ahead, plan tactics or strategy at all) then Endless Legend wouldn't be any easier?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Can I assume that if I sucked rear end at Civ V (never being able to think ahead, plan tactics or strategy at all) then Endless Legend wouldn't be any easier?

The Endless Legend AI is fuckbusted, so you don't really need any of that unfortunately.

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems

Ryuga Death posted:

Neat, today's daily deal is Crypt of the Necrodancer for 33% off. My first early access purchase, woo.

someone talk me into spending $10 on this

Orv
May 4, 2011

Occultatio posted:

It is a roguelike where you must move to a beat that changes occasionally, and all the mobs have a set pattern that you must abuse to defeat them. The combination of these things becomes extremely difficult eventually.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Occultatio posted:

Watch a youtube video; it's just like that. If you're hard up for entertainment and you enjoy doing things, go for it.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Occultatio posted:

It's a roguelike that you can play with your old DDR dance pad. It's not like you're still using it for DDR, admit it.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
If you didn't pick up Crimzon Clover during the last sale/bundle, you can get it at Greenmangaming for 5 bucks. I think that's the cheapest it's been on sale.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010

Lance Streetman posted:

If you didn't pick up Crimzon Clover during the last sale/bundle, you can get it at Greenmangaming for 5 bucks. I think that's the cheapest it's been on sale.

Actually you can use the coupon code SEPTEM-BEROFF-ER25XX on it and save an extra 25%, comes out to $3.75

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Lance Streetman posted:

Grabbed it using my Playfire credit. Nice stuff.

It's a fantastic shmup, and the difficulty settings range from 'Enemies barely even try to shoot at you' to 'Oh god, even their bullets are firing bullets and exploding into more bullets', so even if you're not ready to go Full Touhou, it's stlil totally accessible.

Also, the Japanese tagline for the game was '0% Moe, 120% Explosions'. This is true.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Sep 27, 2014

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

EDIT: Wrong thread

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I've seen a lot of people dismissing Ethan Carter as a "walking simulator", despite it mainly being full of puzzles that require traditional gameplay interaction to solve. Are we finally at the point where we're going to see people throw the entire adventure game genre under the bus just because of a couple indie art games that were controversial?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I've seen people saying if you liked old adventure games then you also have to like Gone Home. :shrug:

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I've seen a lot of people dismissing Ethan Carter as a "walking simulator", despite it mainly being full of puzzles that require traditional gameplay interaction to solve. Are we finally at the point where we're going to see people throw the entire adventure game genre under the bus just because of a couple indie art games that were controversial?

That's what happened, yes.

e: I mean one walking sim has a lot in common w any other, in terms of not being a FPS or RPG

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Indie games finished the job that Sierra Entertainment started decades ago.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Are we finally at the point where we're going to see people throw the entire adventure game genre under the bus just because of a couple indie art games that were controversial?

It's nearly as tiresome and pointless as the constant nitpicking arguments as to what game is or isn't allowed to be called a roguelike. poo poo is seriously dumb.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Mung Dynasty posted:

He also just suggested that people buy Demonicon and that it was good, so I feel like there's something awry.

As someone who actually did play Demonicon in its entirety, I encourage people who at least somewhat value their time to give it a wide berth, it's not aggressively bad but it's aggressively mediocre and underwhelming which you will be slowly realizing during the whole game but only the very end of the game will almost literally slap you with the fact.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Ciaphas posted:

I would love to teach you Civ 5. Just play at a low difficulty (Prince is good), take Tradition with your policies, and post all your questions here.

The game has tons of replayability, it's well worth persevering with and getting good at, like Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

To directly answer your question, however: Civ 5 is an easier game to learn than Endless Legend.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

lordfrikk posted:

As someone who actually did play Demonicon in its entirety, I encourage people who at least somewhat value their time to give it a wide berth, it's not aggressively bad but it's aggressively mediocre and underwhelming which you will be slowly realizing during the whole game but only the very end of the game will almost literally slap you with the fact.

It also has a incest subplot which just made me quit the game. :barf:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

LiftAuff posted:

Oh look at my delicate sensibilities.

Drifter fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Sep 27, 2014

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

LiftAuff posted:

To be fair (and it was a very mediocre game), they clear up the incest bit after the intro - like some reverse Skywalker siblings bullshit where "we've always lusted for one another but thank the gods we really aren't because now the intentions are slightly less creepy."

I put in about 12 hours and just...stopped. I couldn't take it anymore.

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 28, 2014

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I AM BRAWW posted:

How do I fix this again

baka

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Gaijin

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
中文不是日文。

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

it's chinese you dipshit

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rude

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Heh... guys.. heh... anime...

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

gwai lo

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Well they just fixed the sniper rifle, and a gun automatically makes anything a game, so it's totally a game.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

it's chinese you dipshit

i already said that, learn to read.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Found a copy of The Saboteur at a used bookstore today and decided to give it a spin. Holy poo poo, people weren't kidding about how good this game is. I just started but I'm already loving everything about it. The PC port isn't great, but it's worth dealing with it just to experience this game.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Lance Streetman posted:

Found a copy of The Saboteur at a used bookstore today and decided to give it a spin. Holy poo poo, people weren't kidding about how good this game is. I just started but I'm already loving everything about it. The PC port isn't great, but it's worth dealing with it just to experience this game.

It's really good dumb fun, isn't it? Absolutely bloody typical of EA to shut the studio down the moment it was released.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Dominic White posted:

It's really good dumb fun, isn't it? Absolutely bloody typical of EA to shut the studio down the moment it was released.

They shut them down during patch production, which is why the game's so drat buggy on PC. They straight up were not allowed to fix the game even though they wanted to.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I even really liked LotR: Conquest. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Hey, for those who say that Resident Evil 6 is trash, you're objectively wrong

grab a buddy, and play a zombie action movie. I really don't know why it gets so much hate, I've literally played every resident evil and I enjoyed 6 a lot.

• Locked thread