Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

The joke is you're mixing up cannon and canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I think we should take the movies and fit them into Kanon. Henshin Uguu indeed.

My group watches Toku on Sunday, so we're always a week behind. TOQ usually comes out Monday, but I can deal with that most weeks, even if my behind-self is super hype for My Dinner with Schwartz. But oh man do I hope for an early release of the Gaim finale next week because I don't want to betray my friends but I don't know if I can wait a week between episodes if 46 is anything like 45 was.

Also, as we approach the end of the series, I can say now with confidence that Kaito would have made a drat fine Marvelous.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
I remember watching some sentai crossover special and one of the support characters is all "don't worry about how that is happening it's a special!!" and then later like "I knew the robots would combine, because it's a special!!"

Dekaranger / Magiranger I think.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Light Gun Man posted:

I remember watching some sentai crossover special and one of the support characters is all "don't worry about how that is happening it's a special!!" and then later like "I knew the robots would combine, because it's a special!!"

But why am I the legs?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Light Gun Man posted:

That would be Hurricaneger Vs Gaoranger if I recall correctly.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 22, 2014

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So the group doing Juspion is also subbing JANPERSON!

...I have no idea what the gently caress Janperson is besides being a Metal Hero.

LET'S DIVE IN!

3 minutes in, and it's all little girls dying due to viruses and murderous bank robbers.

What the actual hell. How this ties into a robot(?) super hero cop should be interesting

EDIT: And now I have seen the first two episodes!

I still have no idea what the gently caress!

Outside of the fact that the first (?!) villain group has been defeated apparently!

I'm curious why we got a purple main hero, but then I guess Decade IS pink, so whatever.

It's a pretty unique and fantastic show. Janperson himself is being played up as this very mysterious individual, and has said all of like three lines in two episodes.

Curious to see where it goes if more gets subbed. It's like a really REALLY weird 80s/90s action movie.

Burkion fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Sep 22, 2014

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Burkion posted:

I'm curious why we got a purple main hero, but then I guess Decade IS pink, so whatever.

Well, Robocop is a slightly blue tinted Gavan, so it's only fair that they push the color further when copying back from Robocop.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AzraelNewtype posted:

Well, Robocop is a slightly blue tinted Gavan, so it's only fair that they push the color further when copying back from Robocop.

Funny you should say that.

RoboCop originally was just the same color as Gavan...well his suit from the series anyways. Obviously Robo wasn't chrome. Though I'd kill to see that.

Jaban is actually Toku RoboCop, and I mean that almost literally. Why is that funny? He gets an upgrade midway through, and gets a blue body.

In RoboCop 2, which came AFTER Jaban, Robo got a blue makeover.

So hell you might be right!

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

HKR posted:

I was more talking about how you shouldn't take the movies that exist and try... them. If they wanted... new... movies that would be fine, though... I d... have to... get what's going on.

Fixd, sort of. Especially for the KR movies anyway, those were always garbage but have recently infected senati crossovers movies too.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

MFC's put out the first 8 episodes of Ohranger.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Alright, I take back what I said before. I'm watching Gingaman eventually.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's remarkable how much 'better' (in a case of serious VS silly) the Lost Galaxy footsoldiers were design wise. Power Rangers has a pretty good history of making good footsoldiers, now that I think about it.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Were the pirate dudes really silly enough to go through the cost and effort of replacing? I mean, the very first episode was still an Elvis Lobster.

I do love the Stingwingers, though. They were pretty scary to me as a kid.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 26, 2014

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
OK, first, yes. Just, yes. LOOK AT THEM. Yes they were that silly.

Second, they still got used anyways-they were Mutiny's men.

Plus they wouldn't have fit at all with the bug themed villains we did have as the main bad guys.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Another sub group has popped up and they're doing Turboranger.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
We really are starting to get spoiled for choice when it comes to subs.

Magiranger please. I really want to compare and contrast with Mystic Force for a reason.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Solaris Knight posted:

We really are starting to get spoiled for choice when it comes to subs.

Magiranger please. I really want to compare and contrast with Mystic Force for a reason.

I think Magiranger already exists (by early TV-N but oh well.)

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Cliff Racer posted:

(by early TV-N but oh well.)

Exactly, English subtitles for Magiranger do not exist.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Solaris Knight posted:

Magiranger please.

I would also love to be able to watch Magi Ranger. Also Hibiki and Blade.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Cliff Racer posted:

I think Magiranger already exists (by early TV-N but oh well.)

Not early enough, they'd gone to their completely illegible colored fonts so you can't even get the basic gist of what's going on.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Now if only we could get more Time, Deka, and Shinkenger.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Not going to lie, I gave the TVN Blade a watch-well the first 10 or so episodes. Possibly just first 9?

I was left more confused than not.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

There was a guy doing blade a bit ago but he disappeared after 7 eps.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I watched all of TV-N Blade and I like the series but it would be nice to watch it and actually understand what's going on instead of just being confused and sort of charging ahead not understanding it for most of the beginning of the series.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Twelve by Pies posted:

I watched all of TV-N Blade and I like the series but it would be nice to watch it and actually understand what's going on instead of just being confused and sort of charging ahead not understanding it for most of the beginning of the series.

I watched their :negative:MagiRanger, GekiRanger and Shinkenger:negative: and they were all pretty good series but a competent translation for them all would make my year. At least Over-Time has the first 15 episodes of Shinkenger done with the rest working their way down the pipe I think?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Cernunnos posted:

At least Over-Time has the first 15 episodes of Shinkenger done with the rest working their way down the pipe I think?

Make that 20.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

:toot: Hooray. :toot:

Now there's just 29 more to go.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Yessssssssss.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Awesome, now when are we gonna get Super-1?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

jivjov posted:

Another sub group has popped up and they're doing Turboranger.

I wish these guys hadn't released the anniversary special that aired before the series proper as episode one. I also wish they weren't listening to retards complaining about the font.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Literally The Worst posted:

I also wish they weren't listening to retards complaining about the font.

Only a person calling himself what you do would dare to defend use of Comic Sans MS in public.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Awesome, now when are we gonna get Super-1?

:what:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

AzraelNewtype posted:

Only a person calling himself what you do would dare to defend use of Comic Sans MS in public.

It's a little thing you may not have heard of, called Kamen Rider. I know it's sort of obscure, but I think you'd really like it.
For real, Super-1 needs translations.
Unless you aren't into showa, in which case, replace Super-1 with Blade, and reiterate.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

AzraelNewtype posted:

Now you've got me paranoid that the whole thing was in Comic Sans and I couldn't tell because I watched it on an ipod at lunch.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Has anyone seen Rescue Force/Fire? The concept seems really great(an emphasis on saving people is really good for superhero stuff) and I'm currently considering becoming a firefighter, so extra appeal.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

It's a little thing you may not have heard of, called Kamen Rider. I know it's sort of obscure, but I think you'd really like it.
Unless you aren't into showa, in which case, replace Super-1 with Blade, and reiterate.

wow so you seem like a piece of poo poo

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Stuff yourself into a locker. Never leave it.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Rei_ posted:

wow so you seem like a piece of poo poo

I was being ironic in the first part, but I really do want subs for Super-1 and Blade.
:negative:

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Stuff yourself into a locker. Never leave it.

I can't, some nerd's already in there.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Get the gently caress away from my locker

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Burkion posted:

Get the gently caress away from my locker

poo poo, isn't that the friendship locker? Shove over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
What's that Kamen Rider series with Bill Murray where he repeats the same day over and over?

• Locked thread