Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
1pm Sunday, what threads do you want to see?
This poll is closed.
Separate by Network and a Redzone combined thread 216 41.62%
Go back to the one monster thread 213 41.04%
Don't care 90 17.34%
Total: 485 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
I hated the separate threads the first week but now I prefer them. I really only care about whatever network the Raiders are playing on and since they keep getting the morning game slot it makes it easier to have a discussion with people watching that game and the 2 or 3 other games on CBS/Fox. Afternoon is generally a lighter affair so I think that's fine to keep as 1 megathread.

However the redzone people should not get their own thread because I hate those who have what I do not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

You people are really bad at checkbox polls :mad: Why isn't don't care up there with your actual desire?!? Shameful goons.

Go one big thread. Hail Satan. 19-0

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
At the moment I don't livepost football with goons because 85% of the chat is about other ongoing games which is noise at best and spoilers at worst. It's like rolling half the TVIV threads into one megathread and attempt to post about, say, Sons of Anarchy, while the majority of the posts are Game of Thrones spoilers and whatnot.

One big thread sucks one big cock.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

If the people like the chaos of a single thread exploding in a volume of "omg" and "lol" at whatever thing just happened, might I suggest they use like an IRC channel instead.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

pigdog posted:

At the moment I don't livepost football with goons because 85% of the chat is about other ongoing games which is noise at best and spoilers at worst. It's like rolling half the TVIV threads into one megathread and attempt to post about, say, Sons of Anarchy, while the majority of the posts are Game of Thrones spoilers and whatnot.

One big thread sucks one big cock.
Spoiling other ongoing games? :what:

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

When I see the score ticker at the bottom of the screen I start shaking at best and try to get the mods to ban it from the forums at worst

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Put electrical tape on the bottom of the screen, run out of the room whenever you hear James Brown or Curt Menefee.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

I wanted to catch that sick Browns-Bills game later by myself in my football cave and now they ruined it. loving Menefee.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
We don't need three threads today, there are like 4 games on.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

MonsterWalk posted:

We don't need three threads today, there are like 4 games on.
Agreed. Hopefully today will show the split thread zealots the error of their ways.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Josh Lyman posted:

Spoiling other ongoing games? :what:

he probably means the time delay from streaming

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George
Wrong thread, sorry

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The split threads are awful and slow and generally kinda suck. Go back to ridiculously fast moving threads.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
The split threads aren't nearly as interesting/fun and I miss being able to talk to the forum as a whole.

Or at least bring them for the next 2 weeks to remind everyone how much better they were.

Or have two mega threads AFC Home teams/NFC Home Team.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

MonsterWalk posted:

The split threads aren't nearly as interesting/fun and I miss being able to talk to the forum as a whole.

Or at least bring them for the next 2 weeks to remind everyone how much better they were.

Or have two mega threads AFC Home teams/NFC Home Team.

Things are much better now, they are really good. The split threads are the best.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I don't want to get scientific but split threads today was retarded.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

R.D. Mangles posted:

Put electrical tape on the bottom of the screen, run out of the room whenever you hear James Brown or Curt Menefee.

I'm literally doing that btw.

ps - I don't see the point of splitting threads by channel though

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

Make a thread for each individual football player every week so I can have a real adult conversation about *shuffles papers* Alfred Blue

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

The Dave posted:

I don't want to get scientific but split threads today was retarded.

Yeah with as few games as there were today, everyone could've probably been in the Red Zone thread.

That is if they were as cool as us red zone posters :c00l:

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

MonsterWalk posted:

You aren't talking to anyone in a single GDT since it moves so fast that your post gets lost in a sea of white noise.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Borsche69 posted:

You aren't talking to anyone in a single GDT since it moves so fast that your post gets lost in a sea of white noise.

This just encourages people to try either better or worse posting and eliminates dull average white noise.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

This just encourages people to try either better or worse posting and eliminates dull average white noise.

Agreed. The white noise is worse now.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Dunno. I was against the split threads, but today's Packers-Bears thread went well. Wait you mean other games were on?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Brannock posted:

Dunno. I was against the split threads, but today's Packers-Bears thread went well. Wait you mean other games were on?

This is another plus for the all-in-one threads: people stuck watching lovely games get to vicariously follow real football.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Split threads today were boring and stupid as hell.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

All those conversations I had in GDTs over the last 2 seasons must have been just imaginary, because apparently it's impossible to read and follow along through the course of 4 hours

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Chris James 2 posted:

All those conversations I had in GDTs over the last 2 seasons must have been just imaginary, because apparently it's impossible to read and follow along through the course of 4 hours

Yeah. Let's see some examples of these conversations happening in the threads now that weren't happening before.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Split threads today were boring and stupid as hell.

I enjoyed them

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

There should be a game day thread for each and every game posted in FYAD or QCS for all those Seahawks posters who seem to enjoy having as many threads as possible and a single, true game day thread in TFF.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

King Hong Kong posted:

There should be a game day thread for each and every game posted in FYAD or QCS for all those Seahawks posters who seem to enjoy having as many threads as possible and a single, true game day thread in TFF.

I agree strongly.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Spoilers for football ahahhahahahaha

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

MourningView posted:

Seriously I spent six years in England watching football on streams that were choppy and usually a couple minutes behind and I never bitched about loving "spoilers" in GDTs.

Some of y'all are so drat pampered its gone beyond funny to just sad.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
also the starting of a 4PM single thread when the RZ thread exists is just silly on silly.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick

Qwijib0 posted:

also the starting of a 4PM single thread when the RZ thread exists is just silly on silly.

Even if if we split the early games (which I still hate) this is for sure.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

MourningView posted:

poo poo, sometimes my TV's like two minutes behind everyone else and I see spoilers for the very game I'm watching.

I demand rectification!

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

This was thoroughly disproven every single 1 p.m. gdt last year

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Can you get more thread tags cause each Gdt having the same tag isnt ideal

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Some of y'all are so drat pampered its gone beyond funny to just sad.

Well yeah we're in a thread where people are bitterly arguing about the state of the TFF noon GDT(s)

He says, after having posted several times in this thread and having gone back to previous GDTs to compare

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Split thread supremacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Megathread, I'm a real man