Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Yeah I'm hoping for a final rally to get us to the target. Even if we don't make it all the way I should be able to squeeze in some extra art, just not lavish both books like I had hoped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Desborough's trying to cash in on gamer gate and appeal to shared injustice misogyny to get people who have no interest in Gor to just give him money because of how oppressed he is. Thankfully his indiegogo campaign still looks like failing to hit its target, but as he's using flexible funding he'll get the money anyways.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

PST posted:

Desborough's trying to cash in on gamer gate and appeal to shared injustice misogyny to get people who have no interest in Gor to just give him money because of how oppressed he is. Thankfully his indiegogo campaign still looks like failing to hit its target, but as he's using flexible funding he'll get the money anyways.

I guess it's a step up from claiming that goths are equivalent to an ethnic minority.

A thing I stumbled on: Are you looking for ways to make your miniatures even more expensive? Why not microchip them all?

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Rulebook Heavily posted:

A thing I stumbled on: Are you looking for ways to make your miniatures even more expensive? Why not microchip them all?

If proving ownership of models is a big enough issue that you would resort to microchips, I'd say you should either learn to paint your models more distinctly, or play some place where mini theft is less of an issue.

Every instance of mini theft I've heard of in my area was from a player whose mini case was stolen out of the back of their car, and each time they found them a couple of days later in a nearby ditch, because the thief was likely some guy who thought they were tools/guns/something else valuable they could sell (the irony being that they probably could have made more money off selling the minis if they had any knowledge of the second-hand markets).

Paper Kaiju fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 28, 2014

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Those things cost $2.50 and that is through a retailer where you don't have to buy in bulk.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

MadScientistWorking posted:

Those things cost $2.50 and that is through a retailer where you don't have to buy in bulk.

You can probably get them to display more information than this KS promises, too.

quote:

Warning, some phones will truncate long text. not something i can control :(

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Xia arrived while I was away this weekend.

Components look top notch, rulebook seems clear and well organised. Gonna see how the dice rolling works out in practice, VPs for rolling 20s might be rage inducing but we shall see.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
My Kickstarter, Boiling Point, is about halfway done, but I've recently added a reward level for new players. For $25 you get every Base Raiders PDF, including the core game. It's a Fate system game, and we have conversion guides for Mutants and Masterminds, Savage Worlds, and Wild Talents, so it is easy to run it in other systems.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Rulebook Heavily posted:

I guess it's a step up from claiming that goths are equivalent to an ethnic minority.

Cultivating a persecuted edgy designer image is basically all he's had for a while now but it's kind of great that he's not even trying to hide it for Rapist: The Masquerade Gor. It's like he's turning into a parody of himself.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/699402523/civilians-the-strategy-game/?ref=kicktraq

$650,000 funding target :stare:

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Oh good, only $500 to get your own copy!

:stare:

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
:smuggo:

He included a free game in his Kickstarter, find the rules!

They're somewhere in this helpful video.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Only a hundred and twenty dollars for a t-shirt? With sticker? A mug? And/or pens? Oh my!

Hmm. $500x100=$50,000. $650,000-$50,000=$600,000. That's a lot of people backing just to get the t-shirt...

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I like how the $500 pledge option mentions that actually being able to deliver on any of the limited edition rewards it promises will require further funding past the $650,000 goal "into the millions. So please take note of this."

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.
I can't wrap my head around how he expects this to work. It doesn't even work as a scam.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I've seen projects like this before and I don't think it's a scam...what you're seeing is the internet providing yet another venue for people disconnected from reality to flaunt it for the rest of the world to see. This is what happens when "Oh man I have a great idea for a novel you guys, it's gonna make me so rich and famous just you see" crosses over into a world where sometimes people will pay fabulous sums of money for nothing more than the idea of a thing.

ThaShaneTrain
Jan 2, 2009

pure mindless vandalism
:smuggo:
I'm convinced that Kickstarter lets people make projects like these so normal people with sensible dreams think they have a chance.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What question should we ask him?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

bowmore posted:

What question should we ask him?

Well, I don't think we need to ask "Are you loving retarded, or something?" because we already know the answer to that one.

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
That is brilliant in so many ways. Two more gems: the funding is at 650k, a copy of the game costs 500$... and is limited to 100 pieces. so he expects at least 600k from shirt sales. Ths quote on the Boardgame backer level is also amazing: "If we can manage it your name on the IamPresident piece too. We however need to far surpass the $650 000 goal and get into the millions."

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Nonsense! Kickstarter is a place where thousands of magic internet elves just give you money without any dream of a return! I'm pretty sure that's how it works, isn't it? :raise:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Nonsense! Kickstarter is a place where thousands of magic internet elves just give you money without any dream of a return! I'm pretty sure that's how it works, isn't it? :raise:

Only if you invoke one of the ancient sigils: Anime, 8-bit, Cthulhu, Zombies, or Boobies; combine more sigils for greater success.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I don't really want to see Cthulhu's boobies.

I bet they're as horrifying as that guy's Kickstarter.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Sad thing is, if the price and grand total weren't so insane, this wouldn't actually be that terrible of a Kickstarter.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
"They were vast, squamous cones, tipped with great, bulbous, rugose-- oh, but even now my mind recoils from that horror of a past when even our ancient Earth was an infant."

Given that he's using a chessboard and obviously modified chess pieces, the dude would have been much further ahead just publishing the whole drat thing as a rules booklet, or even getting someone to run it off as a 'zine. There's an obvious political bent here, and he's priced himself way the hell out and gone from the people who might be inspired by it.

Christ, it's not like Monopoly's forerunners got off the ground with the equivalent of six hundred fifty grand.

Bieeanshee fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 29, 2014

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Who ever heard of a board game costing that much anyway. Is he trying to make a million regular copies and then sell them to Wal-Mart cry silently while he pays a fortune for warehouse space on a game no one wants.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Mustache Ride posted:

I don't really want to see Cthulhu's boobies.

I bet they're as horrifying as that guy's Kickstarter.

You just don't understand how sexism works then, Cthulhu + boobies =

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Indolent Bastard posted:

Only if you invoke one of the ancient sigils: Anime, 8-bit, Cthulhu, Zombies, or Boobies; combine more sigils for greater success.

Speaking of Breakfast Cult:

What's the best way for those of us at a contribution level to submit our ideas? Or is that information forthcoming?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I prefer to think of that KS as some sort of meta political commentary. The common man (us) has our wealth extracted for no immediate return and given to the rich 1% (him, having received the money). Democracy!

Indolent Bastard posted:

You just don't understand how sexism works then, Cthulhu + boobies =

Ok, I can understand the pens and utility knife as improvised weapons, but what's with the post-it notes? Is glue antithetical to horrors from the beyond?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pyrolocutus posted:

Ok, I can understand the pens and utility knife as improvised weapons, but what's with the post-it notes? Is glue antithetical to horrors from the beyond?

Hey, you use what you've got.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Not even The Elder Ones are immune to nasty papercuts.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Really, Feng Shui? Pathfinder tie-in?

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Speaking of Breakfast Cult:

What's the best way for those of us at a contribution level to submit our ideas? Or is that information forthcoming?

There'll be surveys going out but if you want you can just PM me. Same goes for any other backers reading.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

dwarf74 posted:

d20 addict conversion tool.

quote:

Here is your adventure in pathfinder: :rolldice::geno::geno::geno::geno:

Here is your adventure on Feng Shui: :golgo::guitar::yarr::jihad::hist101:

PLAY FENG SHUI

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

One Night Ultimate Werewolf: Daybreak is the expansion for One Night Ultimate Werewolf, which is sort of like a logic microgame. I really enjoy it, especially as a filler vs the more substantive and longer Resistance games. And since it's only one night, there's no player elimination, so nobody is sitting out doing nothing.

Here are the sample games they posted on the KS, using the new roles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvlcvf8HOGQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6LwqZLvfFQ

Their Kickstarter is going the sensible route in that although $25 for the expansion is probably MSRP, they are throwing in stretch goals that will likely be some sort of BGG Store promo or something. Some of their stretch goals are super dubious, namely anything involved with the app that should have probably been there originally, but otherwise it all looks sensible. Bezier Games have also done this Kickstarter thing before, so it is unlikely this thing will end up a flop.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

dwarf74 posted:

Sure why not? Not everybody is the TG forum.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

GrandpaPants posted:

One Night Ultimate Werewolf: Daybreak is the expansion for One Night Ultimate Werewolf, which is sort of like a logic microgame. I really enjoy it, especially as a filler vs the more substantive and longer Resistance games. And since it's only one night, there's no player elimination, so nobody is sitting out doing nothing.

Here are the sample games they posted on the KS, using the new roles:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvlcvf8HOGQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6LwqZLvfFQ

Their Kickstarter is going the sensible route in that although $25 for the expansion is probably MSRP, they are throwing in stretch goals that will likely be some sort of BGG Store promo or something. Some of their stretch goals are super dubious, namely anything involved with the app that should have probably been there originally, but otherwise it all looks sensible. Bezier Games have also done this Kickstarter thing before, so it is unlikely this thing will end up a flop.

Yessssss. I love One Night Werewolf for its pure silly fun. Totally donated for this.

The new roles look even more ridiculous, which I love.

E: After watching those videos I am even more excited. The fact a single wolf exploded into 4/6 people being wolves is hilarious...then the artifact? I loooove what that is going to add into the game. The mute one may be annoying though.

ChiTownEddie fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Sep 29, 2014

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

dwarf74 posted:

Burning Shaolin was originally a dual-stat FS / OGL adventure, so updating it to Pathfinder is likely a trivial matter, all things considered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

GrandpaPants posted:

One Night Ultimate Werewolf: Daybreak is the expansion for One Night Ultimate Werewolf, which is sort of like a logic microgame.

Aaaaand funded. Bring on the stretch goals! At some point I really hope they offer sleeves.

• Locked thread