Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Saboteur has pretty solid writing for an action game and its last area is real neat. And aside from one dangling plot thread its pretty conclusive too, so its not totally terrible that EA screwed Pandemic. Still bad though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Orv posted:

I even really liked LotR: Conquest. :smith:

How the hell could anyone like that turd? :aaa:
Should've renamed it to LotR:Stunlock.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Deakul posted:

How the hell could anyone like that turd? :aaa:
Should've renamed it to LotR:Stunlock.

I have a terrible affliction where I like Battlefield games that aren't Battlefield. Also video game melee combat concerning any large number of people was enough of a rarity in that day to be amusing.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
I can't find the question in the thread but someone was asking about how to undo 'not interested' vote in queue?

Go to the game-in-questions page and you'll see the 'not interested' with a checkmark next to it, click the not interested button and the checkmark goes away.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Lance Streetman posted:

Found a copy of The Saboteur at a used bookstore today and decided to give it a spin. Holy poo poo, people weren't kidding about how good this game is. I just started but I'm already loving everything about it. The PC port isn't great, but it's worth dealing with it just to experience this game.

The Saboteur is an amazing game, and I spent more time just free running and climbing around WW2 Paris then I did in all the AC games combined. I bought the game off a friend who played nothing else but that game for a few months before he finally got tired of beating up Nazis and belly flopping from the top of the Eiffel Tower.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Orv posted:

I have a terrible affliction where I like Battlefield games that aren't Battlefield.

Any cool ones out?

Orv
May 4, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Any cool ones out?

None that I'm aware. Though there's still people playing Battlefront 2 at all hours of the day.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

i already said that, learn to read.

you gotta say it in american, a language they can understand

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Orv posted:

I have a terrible affliction where I like Battlefield games that aren't Battlefield. Also video game melee combat concerning any large number of people was enough of a rarity in that day to be amusing.

I would've loved LOTR:Conquest for this if every enemy couldn't stunlock you into submission 100x over.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

tithin posted:

Hey, for those who say that Resident Evil 6 is trash, you're objectively wrong

grab a buddy, and play a zombie action movie. I really don't know why it gets so much hate, I've literally played every resident evil and I enjoyed 6 a lot.

It had a bunch of problems at release that got patched later, I think. Still, it initially left a bad impression. Also, the way the game's best played isn't explained at all (you can only get the official manual by looking it up online, and it's a bit crap), so lots of people tried to play it how you would RE4 or 5, which is just unfun in RE6.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Deakul posted:

I would've loved LOTR:Conquest for this if every enemy couldn't stunlock you into submission 100x over.

I admit it was a huge problem. As was the utter fatality of water.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Orv posted:

I admit it was a huge problem. As was the utter fatality of water.

I absolutely loved the idea they had going for the game too, it just wasn't executed well at all.
Really a shame that they went under, I would've liked to see if could have fixed it or released mod tools.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

smenj posted:

It had a bunch of problems at release that got patched later, I think. Still, it initially left a bad impression. Also, the way the game's best played isn't explained at all (you can only get the official manual by looking it up online, and it's a bit crap), so lots of people tried to play it how you would RE4 or 5, which is just unfun in RE6.

I played it at release and while I did have an issue with graphics (game would crash due to not releasing ram from the graphics card) this was super easily resolved (was a .ini fix) and I never had any issues with it after that.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

tithin posted:

I played it at release and while I did have an issue with graphics (game would crash due to not releasing ram from the graphics card) this was super easily resolved (was a .ini fix) and I never had any issues with it after that.

No, I meant when the console versions came out. I don't know what these problems were, but I've heard several others mention that there were loads at release. I think they were sorted by the time the PC version came out. Still, it took long enough that people got a bad impression, apparently.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They added fov options and other quality of life stuff. Nothing major.

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

RBX posted:

Ah, okay, fair enough. Guess I heard wrong. Still, doesn't change the fact that the game gives you little to no guidance on how to play properly, which really put people off.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I picked up Long Live the Queen in the Humble Weekly Sale. It's pretty dang cool, $6 was a fine price for it. My character's kind of an idiot, though. Here's her response to someone wanting to build a hospital:

My Saturday night: screaming "WHY AREN'T YOU MORE DEPRESSED" at an anime girl

e: Trained up all of my military skills and won a civil war (gently caress yeah) then died to a box of poisoned chocolates :argh:

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Sep 28, 2014

Lavatein
May 5, 2009
Does anyone know how to find a complete list of the early access games on the store? The early access page says that there are 265 of them on Steam but I can't find any way to view them all in the new layout :(

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Lavatein posted:

Does anyone know how to find a complete list of the early access games on the store? The early access page says that there are 265 of them on Steam but I can't find any way to view them all in the new layout :(

Given that Steam is currently changing currencies and numbers from page to page for me (from in the client), I might wait a little and try again tomorrow morning. poo poo seems busted right now.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

abraham linksys posted:

Here's her response to someone wanting to build a hospital:

My Saturday night: screaming "WHY AREN'T YOU MORE DEPRESSED" at an anime girl

e: Trained up all of my military skills and won a civil war (gently caress yeah) then died to a box of poisoned chocolates :argh:
Came to post about this game, but it seems you've posted THE EXACT WORDS I WAS GOING TO WRITE, doppelgänger!
why did you eat the drat chocolates you stupid dickhole

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I've seen a lot of people dismissing Ethan Carter as a "walking simulator", despite it mainly being full of puzzles that require traditional gameplay interaction to solve. Are we finally at the point where we're going to see people throw the entire adventure game genre under the bus just because of a couple indie art games that were controversial?
It's funny because Gone Home is literally Myst without puzzles, so when Ether One came out which was basically Gone Home with puzzles, reviews said "it's like Myst!!!"

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I'm having some trouble in Steam Troubleshooting: Sniper Elite 3 edition.
I can't get past this puzzle and all the answers online are so wildly different.

I've tried disabling anti-virus/firewalls as Admin, deleted specific files which are different for every guide, verified the files, etc.
I can't delete it and redownload it because I don't have the data quote left to do it.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

LiftAuff posted:

It also has a incest subplot which just made me quit the game. :barf:

You quit so you wouldn't know they actually weren't blood related (totally did not see that coming :effort:). I commend you for having better sense of self-preservation than I do.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

abraham linksys posted:

Chocolates aren't even made in that province, you fool! Maybe you should have studied trade! :colbert:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's also awfully daring of a nobody trade house to send you a gift directly. You'd know this if you had any manners at all, you slob.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

SynthOrange posted:

It's also awfully daring of a nobody trade house to send you a gift directly. You'd know this if you had any manners at all, you slob.

gently caress that, I studied poisons so I can eat all the terrible food I want so that Queen Goon may ascend the throne. (which I just did :hellyeah:)

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So when do I get to start nicking stuff from people in Archeage. :ninja:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I just noticed that steam allows background downloads now. When did this get implemented?

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

Kin posted:

I just noticed that steam allows background downloads now. When did this get implemented?

Last December.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Pre-load for Shadows of Mordor is up.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

iastudent posted:

Pre-load for Shadows of Mordor is up.

I'm curious to see if the required hard drive space is actually how much you have to download, or (like a lot of games on Steam) just how much space it sets aside during installation.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I'm curious to see if the required hard drive space is actually how much you have to download, or (like a lot of games on Steam) just how much space it sets aside during installation.

Downloading 33.9GB for me.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I was kinda hoping with the Steam media player that it would allow me to play music from a lot more games than just Payday and a few others (can't even play the new rad Dota 2 music). I imagine that more stuff will be added later.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Spudd posted:

I was kinda hoping with the Steam media player that it would allow me to play music from a lot more games than just Payday and a few others (can't even play the new rad Dota 2 music). I imagine that more stuff will be added later.
Have it scan wherever you have the bulk of your music files. To do that go to Steam Settings, then Music, then the scanning is up at the top.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Accordion Man posted:

Have it scan wherever you have the bulk of your music files. To do that go to Steam Settings, then Music, then the scanning is up at the top.

Sweet man, thank you! It gave me the Dark Souls 2 and Torchlight 2 ost, this is so awesome.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
One of the deals up for the next few days is Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations, and boy is it something. It's a naval war simulator in the vein of Jane's Fleet Command and Naval War: Arctic Circle. It's a fairly complete simulator, and comes pre-loaded with just about every single naval altercation that's occurred between 1950 and today, as well as several fictional scenarios from throughout the Cold War and the near future. It's complicated, but if it's your cup of tea it'll blow you away. It's much more rewarding than Naval War: Arctic Circle and doesn't have the showstopping memory leak.

Downsides: You really have to wade into it. You have to start by managing encounters between patrol boats and small ships and subs before graduating to larger, more complex scenarios. You can't dive in and attempt the grand US v. Soviets/Chinese scenarios, you'll be completely overwhelmed. It's also completely abstract - there's no model viewer. Also I haven't figured out how to enable the release of nuclear weapons yet, although in many scenarios your ships will be armed with low-yield nuclear weapons (true to life, believe it or not :stonk:)

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

RBX posted:

One of the QTEs was really bugged and almost impossible to complete on console too, which pissed everyone off until they got patched to make them easier. Then it got patched again so you can toggle the ability to auto complete QTEs in the options menu. All of that was in the PC version at launch though.

I can't hate RE 6 though, because of the ridiculousness of Jake's last boss fight where he suplexes Ustanak.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
RE6 is really the best brawler since God Hand.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Luisfe posted:

The sad thing is, I don't think Capcom will try that style of gameplay again because the reaction to the game was so overwhelmingly negative. That's why we're getting Revelations 2 instead of RE 7 I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Luisfe posted:

Then why the hell doesn't anyone else want to play it? :mad:

• Locked thread