Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

http://imgur.com/gallery/tCIlC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StdNormDist
May 2, 2010

Life hack or sound advice?

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

That's the best one ever.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Cracked steps up to stretch the definition of "hack" to its breaking point

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-life-...a_ibsrc=fanpage

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

PostNouveau posted:

To be fair, the target audience wouldn't ever read "5 tips to not be disgusting" if it weren't extremely obvious satire, so life hacks for your bachelor pad it is....
I was going to say that the soap sponge on a stick "hack" was pretty clever, but then you use a cup and the whole thing falls apart

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6DZQxXRZps

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

PostNouveau posted:

The most annoying thing about those Cracked articles is how they spread a short piece over two or three pages. Why.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

monkeytennis posted:

The most annoying thing about those Cracked articles is how they spread a short piece over two or three pages. Why.

Ad revenue.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

monkeytennis posted:

Life hack: Spread your articles over two or three pages to increase ad views!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Increases google rankings too.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Karma Monkey posted:

Oh wah! No one is forcing the stupid birds to use the ugly upcycled shoenest. They could take a minute from making noise and pooping to build their own nests if they didn't like living in human refuse.

I hope that like me, you're objecting to the eyesore of shoes nailed to the sides of trees and not somehow thinking that the shoenest is causing emotional or physical suffering to the birds using them.

Exactly. They do not give a poo poo what it looks like if it suits their purpose.

Lifehack: Don't waste your precious time and energy building a home. Bipedal creatures will nail junk to trees for you!

You are much too upset over birds.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Who What Now posted:

You are much too upset over birds.

Nah, I actually like birds. I think you missed what I was saying. Try again.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Karma Monkey posted:

Nah, I actually like birds. I think you missed what I was saying. Try again.

You are much too upset over shoes.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013

Devor posted:

You are much too upset over shoes.

Pretty sure they actually like shoes. Probably even wears them daily, maybe you should pay more attention to their posts rather than jumping to conclusions.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

quote:

Introducing the Subway Pizza Sub, the Italian inspired sandwich added to the Subway regular menu briefly during the month of May, 2012.

This is a loving lie, I was getting pizza subs while I was in middle school.

E: I guess since subway is franchised some idiots might not realize that different shops can have different menus.

Improbable Lobster has a new favorite as of 04:11 on Sep 29, 2014

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
I spent many a high school lunch hour playing Mortal Kombat 2 and eating Subway Pizza Subs down at the mall back in 1997, so yeah they're not exactly new.

MrAptronym
Jan 4, 2007

"...And then there was Bitcoin."

So... this guy is satire, right? I cannot tell if this channel is amazing or the end of the world. Twenty million people watched him boil/burn soda.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Karma Monkey posted:

I hope that like me, you're objecting to the eyesore of shoes nailed to the sides of trees and not somehow thinking that the shoenest is causing emotional or physical suffering to the birds using them.

This, obviously.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

I love how twice on that page it says "prices vary by location" but when you click the "SUBWAY MENU PRICES!" link, it takes you to a big table full of numbers someone pulled out of his rear end, and among them is a price for the (very secret) pizza sub.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

"Almost finished your jar of nutella? End it All! Life without nutella simply isn't worth living."

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

What if all these secret menu food hacks are a way to drum up more throughput at fast food stores by making idiots think they're part of some elite intelligentsia of junk food connoisseurs? :tinfoil:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

winegums posted:

What if all these secret menu food hacks are a way to drum up more throughput at fast food stores by making idiots think they're part of some elite intelligentsia of junk food connoisseurs? :tinfoil:

It's more likely than you think!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAx4ij36KMc

Koivunen
Oct 7, 2011

there's definitely no logic
to human behaviour

No more washing dishes.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

MrAptronym posted:

So... this guy is satire, right? I cannot tell if this channel is amazing or the end of the world. Twenty million people watched him boil/burn soda.

Nah, he's Russian.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Koivunen posted:

No more washing dishes.

You can also save a fortune by just reusing the same plastic bag! It's food-grade plastic, so you don't even have to wash it between uses!

I know that a few of these have showed up in the thread, but a FB friend just posted this article, likely without any irony: http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/articles/ice-cream-hacks-will-take-your-life-next-level

quote:

Ice Cream-Frosted Cupcakes

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

EXAKT Science posted:

I know that a few of these have showed up in the thread, but a FB friend just posted this article, likely without any irony: http://www.smosh.com/smosh-pit/articles/ice-cream-hacks-will-take-your-life-next-level

I don't get how keeping your ice cream in a ziplock bag is supposed to keep it soft. Also, that chocolate balloon bowl thing is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've seen this whole thread.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Koivunen posted:

No more washing dishes.

We used to do this in the army. Washing your mess kit can be a bit of a pain in the rear end when you're in the woods and don't have access to a sink.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Choco1980 posted:

I don't get how keeping your ice cream in a ziplock bag is supposed to keep it soft. Also, that chocolate balloon bowl thing is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I've seen this whole thread.

I saw the balloon bowl in a magazine before, but it was done prettier,better and it was just like edible decoration for your fancy party.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Choco1980 posted:

Limits exposure to the air? :shrug:

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Choco1980 posted:

I made these for an Easter dinner with my extended family and they were a huge hit. It's a presentation thing. I don't see how that's dumber than paper wallets.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
The chocolate bowl thing seems like a great idea.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

walrusman posted:

I made these for an Easter dinner with my extended family and they were a huge hit. It's a presentation thing. I don't see how that's dumber than paper wallets.

That actually works? I saw one of those where you drizzle chocolate onto a water balloon and make a basket out of chocolate for fruit and didn't want to feel like an idiot when it inevitably popped

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

It worked for me. The only issue I had was my first batch of cheap-rear end dollar store balloons kept popping when they came in contact with the warm chocolate, speckling my home and person with chocolate. Once I got some better ones, it went pretty easily. I used white chocolate for the base to give a little extra pop. I tried swirling white and dark but it just looked muddy.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

walrusman posted:

speckling my home and person with chocolate

"I had AN ACCIDENT, okay?"

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I like the guilt free, healthy banana ice cream. Chill two bananas for an hour, then shove 'em in a bender with milk!

Then it suggests adding chocolate chips. So much for guilt free and healthy.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Davros1 posted:

I like the guilt free, healthy banana ice cream. Chill two bananas for an hour, then shove 'em in a bender with milk!

Then it suggests adding chocolate chips. So much for guilt free and healthy.

Shove bananas up my shiny metal rear end.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Eh, it's not on the menu in the US, so :shrug:
http://www.subway.com/Menu/MenuCategoryItems.aspx?CC=USA&LC=ENG&MenuTypeId=1&MenuId=35

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

All of these.

bunnyofdoom has a new favorite as of 03:46 on Oct 1, 2014

DeathIncarnate
Jul 1, 2007

I love that they describing holding a nail with a clothespin because it hurts when you hit your thumb as the manly thing to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The extension cord knot is a good idea, but yeah most of that is pointless. Or just an explanation of poo poo you should already know, like how to tie a tie or order a steak.