Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Pegged Lamb posted:

it comes with that extra mode or two
Personally, I wouldn't recommend getting a Wii U just for the sixty-dollar version of Smash, but I've heard less-than-positive things about Smash Run, and I would be very willing to bet that the Wii U version will also be getting a number of modes the 3DS version doesn't have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Ultigonio posted:

That's really not true at all, unless you're considering only Returns and TF as "DK" (the only really great thing about the first DKC was its strong, "chill" atmosphere, and DK64 is entirely an explorative game). But if that's that standard we're using, then the majority of the bosses and the all of the railed levels are even more out of place compared to the average level.

I meant DK:TF. The water levels in donkey country 1, 2 and even 3 are pretty fun. But with TF I wanted more platforming and less awkward swimming levels.

e: Some guy had trouble with the Brawl story on normal? Try doing it all on Intense. Tabuu is way more fun.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
So I wanna buy Hyrule Warriors, but I'm hoping to pick it up on a price drop, not sure I wanna take a chance on full price. How's it selling?

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Austrian mook posted:

So I wanna buy Hyrule Warriors, but I'm hoping to pick it up on a price drop, not sure I wanna take a chance on full price. How's it selling?

Well the special edition sold out, not sure about the regular game though.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
Just buy two copies of the 3ds version for you and a friend and a copy of the wii u version of smash like nintendo wants

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Bobnumerotres posted:

I meant DK:TF. The water levels in donkey country 1, 2 and even 3 are pretty fun. But with TF I wanted more platforming and less awkward swimming levels.

I do see where you're coming from, but again, I think there were far worse level design crimes than the swimming levels in TF. At least those fit in reasonably well with the game's general gameplay ideology of "you are always in control of how quickly you beat the level."

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Austrian mook posted:

Shouldn't you be more worried about whether it's something you actually want as opposed to how it's selling? Watch some videos of it and everything.

I think it's great, I've been playing it for hours.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Inverness posted:

Shouldn't you be more worried about whether it's something you actually want as opposed to how it's selling? Watch some videos of it and everything.

I think it's great, I've been playing it for hours.

I meant more because I wanna see if it's gonna drop in price anytime soon.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Austrian mook posted:

I meant more because I wanna see if it's gonna drop in price anytime soon.

It's a Zelda game. I think the answer to that is pretty obvious.

OOT 3d is still 39.99.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
The guy that sold me Tropical Freeze said he played the first level decided he didn't like it and sold it to me for 20 bones.

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Dubious posted:

OOT 3d is still 39.99.

Both LBW and WWHD have gone on sale in the past - very recently, in fact.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They've both been out for over a year, though. Hyrule Warriors has been out for, like, a week.

I'm sure some store will do a deal come xmas but it's not gonna happen immediately no matter how it's selling.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The only water level I had any real issue with besides that ridiculous bonus level with the keys, isn't a full water level. The one level in the factory where you have to swim against he current in the juice, while the giant spikey fruit is being pushed through the tunnel. That was hard as poo poo.

I helps that the general water levels are gorgeous.

edit: I take that back. The puffer fish boss was annoying as well. But overall I didn't mind the water levels.

Of course the rocket barrel levels were the best levels :getin:

Nolgthorn posted:

The guy that sold me Tropical Freeze said he played the first level decided he didn't like it and sold it to me for 20 bones.

:psyduck: What the gently caress

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They've both been out for over a year, though. Hyrule Warriors has been out for, like, a week.
Yeah, I'm not saying HW is going to go on sale any time soon, just that it's not anywhere near out of the question.

Macaluso posted:

that ridiculous bonus level with the keys
I'd say, "Man, was I the only person who liked that level?" but that can't be true.

...Right?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Ultigonio posted:

Yeah, I'm not saying HW is going to go on sale any time soon, just that it's not anywhere near out of the question.

I'd say, "Man, was I the only person who liked that level?" but that can't be true.

...Right?

i liked it

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Macaluso posted:

The one level in the factory where you have to swim against he current in the juice, while the giant spikey fruit is being pushed through the tunnel. That was hard as poo poo.

I didn't even bother getting the N in that tunnel. That N can go screw itself.

Macaluso posted:

I helps that the general water levels are gorgeous.

This is very true. Every level in this game is just oozing with life and beauty, especially the rocket barrel levels since they're essentially on rails and they can script stuff crashing down around you and blowing up in your path and... and... :swoon:

I just wish I didn't have to be psychic to get all the collectibles without redoing the level.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
If you're a man, you get every Kong letter every time.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Tropical freeze is great, but trying to pick it and DKC2 as my all time favorite is as easy as trying to pick a favorite pet out of 3 :-(

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Pixeltendo posted:

Tropical freeze is great, but trying to pick it and DKC2 as my all time favorite is as easy as trying to pick a favorite pet out of 3 :-(

Your second cat is the best.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
How long do you think it'll be before Nintendo announces that the special edition is coming to Gamestop as an exclusive

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Austrian mook posted:

Some Nintendo games will sometimes get a quick sale right after they come out. Mario Kart was like $50 in a few places before going back to full price. If you can wait a few weeks it can't hurt to see if anything happens. It's not like it's gonna go above retail.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Ultigonio posted:

Well, then don't use the Wiimote, you butt.
Once my wife lost interest in Gamepad Boost mode, I switched over and did great.

So thanks for calling me A butt and motivating me to succeed. :c00lbutt:

Sadly, the missus wanted a nice game to chill with that wasn't Layton.looks like we'll be getting SM3DWorld next month...

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Regy Rusty posted:

The water levels are bad and are a black mark on an otherwise stellar game.

Only Rayman has done water levels well.
I haven't played Tropical Freeze yet, so I can't say anything about that, but about Rayman and water levels ... oh yes. The water levels in Rayman Legends are so freaking amazing. The entire water world was probably the high point in that game, or at least tied for that spot with the music levels (of which sadly, and uncharacteristically, the water world's music level was probably the worst of them). But that level that starts off on the inflatable island and then becomes a James Bond themed spy thriller sequence ... :eyepop: drat, what an amazing goddamn game :allears:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Heads up for US dudes looking for a console - Best Buy has both the 32GB Mario 3D World/Nintendo Land bundle and the 32GB NSMBU/Luigi U bundle for $275 right now:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintend...i%20u&cp=1&lp=2

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintend...i%20u&cp=1&lp=1

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

That's a good deal, especially for the 3D World bundle, since any Wii U owner should also own this game. It's basically paying $15 over the refurbished model route for the peace of mind of having a brand new unit.

I got a refurbished one earlier this year, and while it was completely immaculate upon arrival, I've had it hard freeze (requiring a power cut) around a dozen times. Granted, this was exclusively either while using the Hulu Plus app or some less-than-reputable poo poo. Every time I'm like "should've bought a new one!" (It probably has nothing to do with it being refurbished.)

enojy fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Sep 28, 2014

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

enojy posted:

That's a good deal, especially for the 3D World bundle, since any Wii U owner should also own this game. It's basically paying $15 over the refurbished model route for the peace of mind of having a brand new unit.

Considering that this has free shipping and Nintendo's cheapest shipping is $5, it's only a $10 difference.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

FilthyImp posted:

Once my wife lost interest in Gamepad Boost mode, I switched over and did great.

So thanks for calling me A butt and motivating me to succeed. :c00lbutt:

Sadly, the missus wanted a nice game to chill with that wasn't Layton.looks like we'll be getting SM3DWorld next month...

Why is this a "sadly"? Super Mario 3D World is an amazing, amzing game. It's the best drat Mario game in years.

PrBacterio posted:

I haven't played Tropical Freeze yet, so I can't say anything about that, but about Rayman and water levels ... oh yes. The water levels in Rayman Legends are so freaking amazing. The entire water world was probably the high point in that game, or at least tied for that spot with the music levels (of which sadly, and uncharacteristically, the water world's music level was probably the worst of them). But that level that starts off on the inflatable island and then becomes a James Bond themed spy thriller sequence ... :eyepop: drat, what an amazing goddamn game :allears:

I, too, adored Rayman Legends. Such a great game. Every Wii U owner should have it and SM3DW.

Throw in Lego City: Undercover too because I love that game too.

Actually, to the guy who was wondering about whether he should get a Wii U? Get a Wii U for the great games out now, and then get Smash. The three I just mentioned are well worth the price of the system on their own!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Silver Falcon posted:

Throw in Lego City: Undercover too because I love that game too.

If you can't love Lego City: Undercover, then I pity you for having a shriveled fun-hating husk for a soul :colbert:.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Dubious posted:

OOT 3d is still 39.99.
Actually, OOT 3D, Link Between Worlds and Wind Waker HD are all $10 off at Best Buy this week! Wind Waker HD was just $20 for a sale at Wal Mart (canadian), so they definitely do go on sale sometimes! I still bought Hyrule Warriors yesterday.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW
Does Nintendo not sell the higher capacity Wii U battery anymore? Mine is dead, so I figured I'd go with the larger one but can't seem to find it on the website.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Harry posted:

Does Nintendo not sell the higher capacity Wii U battery anymore? Mine is dead, so I figured I'd go with the larger one but can't seem to find it on the website.

You can find the Japanese one pretty easily on eBay, and it works just fine in the American Gamepad.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Silver Falcon posted:

Why is this a "sadly"? Super Mario 3D World is an amazing, amzing game. It's the best drat Mario game in years.

He must know that there's nothing "chill" about multiplayer Mario. It is a bloodsport.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Harry posted:

I bought it off Play Asia. The shipping is a lot, though, so I threw a pro controller on there and saved about $10 compared to buying them some place else. The battery is $5 off and the controller is $15 off right now.

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I bought it off Play Asia. The shipping is a lot, though, so I threw a pro controller on there and saved about $10 compared to buying them some place else. The battery is $5 off and the controller is $15 off right now.

This is the one, right?

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Bayonetta 2 spoilers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8BVrLdFlAA&feature=youtu.be&a

:swoon:

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem

gently caress, here I thought the Space Hairier nod was like the max awesome and now this?! This game can not come out soon enough!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I'm sure some store will do a deal come xmas but it's not gonna happen immediately no matter how it's selling.

It came out Friday? So it's been out 2 days now.

I'm liking it but the "Legend" mode seems really short. Haven't finished it, but I'm already in the epilogue with casual play?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I'm liking it but the "Legend" mode seems really short. Haven't finished it, but I'm already in the epilogue with casual play?
The story mode is never where they expect you to spend your time in those games.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

The thing about that is it's not really the end of Legend mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

Drowning Rabbit posted:

It came out a week earlier in Europe, and like a month ago in Japan.

• Locked thread