Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Football?
This poll is closed.
A harsh mistress 26 18.06%
A hate-verse allergic to love 14 9.72%
A flayer of souls 28 19.44%
A wait at the DMV that ends with a surly attendant telling you that you don't have the right documents 76 52.78%
Total: 144 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
"I don't know what play to call, with bottles of water being sold for 4 dollars I can't concentrate on stopping the juggernaut Minnesota Gophers offense!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Thermos H Christ posted:

Yeah our defense is decent enough but our offense is just so dismal. I do not understand why Texas is still trying to swim against the current. We are based in the state of Texas, and we play in the B12. Get someone to install a fun gimmick spread offense already.

What exactly has happened to the Texas offense between the UCLA game and yesterday's Kansas game? Can somebody give a quick summary?

Texas looked pretty decent against UCLA and almost won that game. I would think that a bye week after that, followed immediately by a game against Kansas, would only help them, but what is the actual situation?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

well don't read mgoblog's forums you dumdum!

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Detroit_Dogg posted:

We tune now to Mgoblog where their forums posters have compiled an in depth list of coaches that they think are realistic possiblities.

Yeah, Pinkel is totally going to walk away from the program where he's the winningest HC of all time for basically no reason. Sorry Mgoblog, but Drunk Mark Richt is here to stay.

Also gently caress you AP poll, don't rank us you idiots.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

tranime scholar posted:

Yeah, Pinkel is totally going to walk away from the program where he's the winningest HC of all time for basically no reason. Sorry Mgoblog, but Drunk Mark Richt is here to stay.

I'm shocked, Shocked that posters at MGoBlog are out-of-touch homers.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

tranime scholar posted:

Ya I also laughed at that. Also, isn't Pinkel a little old at this point? I mean he's been around long enough to be the winningest coach at both schools he coached. Which is like my favorite Pinkel fact.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
A long snapper snaps the ball out of the endzone because he's holding back tears thinking about the stadium having fireworks.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

alpha_destroy posted:

Ya I also laughed at that. Also, isn't Pinkel a little old at this point? I mean he's been around long enough to be the winningest coach at both schools he coached. Which is like my favorite Pinkel fact.

He's in his early 60's. He'll be 68 by the time his contract at Mizzou is up

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
He also declined to interview for the job the last time they had a coaching search.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Crazy Ted posted:

They'll hire an NFL coach and it'll be Brian Schottenheimer

Jason Garrett may not be a Michigan Man, but he brings a Princeton Pedigree!

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Kent State possible coaches:

COLLEGE COACHES--------------
Nick Saban http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/saban_nick00.html
Gary Pinkel http://www.mutigers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/gary_pinkel_41662.html
Tommy Bowden

----NFL COACHES (BASED ON HEAD COACHING BUZZ AND CUTENESS...which could be limited to just the NFL)---

Mike Tomlin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Tomlin
Pete CArroll http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loose_Change_(film_series)

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Remember when Texas was looking for Mack Brown's replacement and they were going to get one of Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher, Nick Saban, and possibly Bill Belichick or to ghost of Vince Lombardi?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
There were like three unrealistic names on that whole thing by mgoblog message board standards that's pretty good.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Oklahoma State is favored by 19 over ISU for next weekend. I know we're bad... But 19?

Captain von Trapp
Jan 23, 2006

I don't like it, and I'm sorry I ever had anything to do with it.
I pretty sure there were even a few posters here who were on the Saban to Texas bandwagon.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Captain von Trapp posted:

I pretty sure there were even a few posters here who were on the Saban to Texas bandwagon.

Just because it'd be funny to see the alumni hosed over.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Pakled posted:

GT is preeeeeetty unlikely to go undefeated in the regular season. We *might*, Insha'Allah, go undefeated up to Clemson/UGA (and that's a big "might"), at which point we'll have some hilarious overrated ranking like #15, then proceed to lose our last two regular season games by huge amounts.

Haha GT is not going to start 10-0, what are you smoking

First of all, they're going to lose to Miami next week so it's a moot point

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah yeah, A&M won in OT, and welp honestly I'm surprised it was as close as it was. I figured the Hogs would lose by 10.

That said, everyone needs to quit loving saying A&M beat Arkansas in a "neutral field". If the game is in Texas it's not a "neutral field". Maybe if the two teams played in Idaho or Wisconsin or Georgia, yeah, sure. That's like the Hogs having the game in War Memorial instead of Fayetteville and calling it a loving "neutral field". That poo poo is stupid.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Fenrir posted:

Yeah yeah, A&M won in OT, and welp honestly I'm surprised it was as close as it was. I figured the Hogs would lose by 10.

That said, everyone needs to quit loving saying A&M beat Arkansas in a "neutral field". If the game is in Texas it's not a "neutral field". Maybe if the two teams played in Idaho or Wisconsin or Georgia, yeah, sure. That's like the Hogs having the game in War Memorial instead of Fayetteville and calling it a loving "neutral field". That poo poo is stupid.

How is it any different than Oklahoma/Texas which is played in Dallas? Think most agree that's a neutral field game.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Adun posted:

How is it any different than Oklahoma/Texas which is played in Dallas? Think most agree that's a neutral field game.

North Texas is relatively equally split in its allegiances toward Texas and Oklahoma. That is very much not true for A&M versus Arkansas.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Adun posted:

I wouldn't, that's loving stupid. Ok, so we moved the game 3 hours away to another field in the same state still full of our fans? Uh, no. Like I said, same thing when Arkansas has games 3 hours away at War Memorial in Little Rock. It's not a neutral field. It's mostly Arkansas fans, just like (insert Texas field here) is full of (insert Texas team here) fans.

Zoran posted:

North Texas is relatively equally split in its allegiances toward Texas and Oklahoma. That is very much not true for A&M versus Arkansas.

And yeah, this. Although I still think even that's bullshit because the game is still played in Texas. If you want to have a "neutral" field, play the game in Tennessee or something.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Sep 29, 2014

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Fenrir posted:

The game was played in a building owned by an Arkansas fan.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Captain von Trapp posted:

I think that's an exaggeration. I enjoyed following all the speculation but I guarantee I never said it was gonna happen and I don't know that I ever saw anyone else say that here. As I recall I got made fun of for saying I wasn't crazy about the idea. I still think Charlie Strong was the best out of anybody who was realistically on the table (except for Briles but I didn't like the idea of poachig from in conference). He wouldn't have been a realistic possibility for most schools.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Spacebump posted:

The game was played in a building owned by an Arkansas fan.

Arkansas player actually, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't matter when it comes to fan turnout.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Thoguh posted:

Oklahoma State is favored by 19 over ISU for next weekend. I know we're bad... But 19?

It's the Iowa State bookie tax.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Slate Action posted:

Haha GT is not going to start 10-0, what are you smoking

First of all, they're going to lose to Miami next week so it's a moot point

Hey, I said it was a slim chance, just clarifying that even if we do go 10-0 we're definitely going to lose to Clemson and UGA.

But hell, I think we have a pretty good shot at beating Miami. They're probably the third-weakest team remaining on our schedule after UNC and Duke and we get them at home after a Bye week.

(How loving weird is it that Virginia is a contender but Miami isn't??)

Pakled fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Sep 29, 2014

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Adun posted:

The Cotton Bowl is in Texas, but the actual location is closer to OU than it is to UT.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
With the new bowl season are they gonna add a bunch of new bowls and put the magic number at 3 wins so that Florida can go to the Steven G. Slammer's Bail Bonds Bowl?

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Seaniqua posted:

if it makes you feel any better, Tommy Armstrong is probably good for 4 picks against MSU if he has more than 10 attempts. There are still too many questions for me to have any reasonably confident expectation of how the game will go. When do the lines usually come out? I'm interested to know what Vegas thinks but sort of expect MSU ro be a 7 to 10 point favorite.

Currently Michigan State -8.

I know gently caress all what will happen in this game, but we certainly can't afford to give the ball away four fuckin' times like last year.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Cole posted:

With the new bowl season are they gonna add a bunch of new bowls and put the magic number at 3 wins so that Florida can go to the Steven G. Slammer's Bail Bonds Bowl?

Look at you being all cute and thinking we'll be bowl eligible.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Betonline.ag has Florida -1 over UT. How big a loan should I take out?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Baylor opens as a 13.5 point favorite over Texas. Seems like a reasonable number to me, although I bet we beat it. UT has a decent defense, although it looks like Strong needs more time to really get his system rolling the way he wants it to, and I wouldn't quite bet on Baylor pitching a shutout.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Betonline.ag has Florida -1 over UT. How big a loan should I take out?

Enough to ruin your children's college fund.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Split some of that college fund with Bama -4.5 and LSU +9.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Also ECU -39.5 (over SMU)

ARCDad
Jul 22, 2007
Not to be confused with poptartin
BGSU is not going to win the MAC again this year. Our defense is atrocious, which is a shame because last year it was fantastic. When you let UMass put up 42 on you, something is loving wrong. Looking like Akron will be the team to beat in the east now.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

This explains the miami game last night.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Wait, did he get a penalty for that?

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

yes.

He did pushups for loving up an INT. Like 2 plays later he actually made the INT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Zoran posted:

Wait, did he get a penalty for that?

Don't you see him clearly taunting the other team there?

• Locked thread