Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
You should post the rest of that page, that guy is an absurdly over-the-top rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cangelosi posted:

I see your male chauvenist pig and raise you one ACTUAL pig.

Lowtax oh no
:ohdear:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Cangelosi posted:

Oh, I didn't realise muslims were totally fine with me calling them rag-heads as long as I didn't throw pigs at them as well.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Hes got a gun... AND A PIG

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I had no idea Chris Muir was drawing comics in the 50s.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Cangelosi posted:

It's pre-Iron Man Tony Stark before he went off to Vietnam went off to Afghanistan.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Comic Book Nation: The Transformation of Youth Culture in America posted:

Published from 1951 to 1956, Quality Comics’ T-Man was among the more enduring anticommunist titles and probably the only comic book ever to feature the adventures of a U.S. Treasury agent. A T-Man story published in late 1951 opens in Teheran at a meeting between British diplomats and an Iranian official, in which the participants are about to conclude a treaty granting Great Britain and the United States exclusive rights to Iranian oil production. The Iranian leader tells the Englishman that he is happy to give away these rights because the British and Americans have demonstrated that they respect Iranian laws and customs. Suddenly he is interrupted by someone who appears to be U.S. Treasury agent Pete Trask, who bursts into the room, throws a squealing pig at the Iranian official, and says, “Here rag-head! Take this little fellow home and barbecue him for breakfast!” The agent then flees, having effectively sabotaged the treaty. Outraged by this deliberate (and extraordinarily absurd) insult to Islamic customs, the Iranian leader cancels the treaty. Later it is revealed that this ruse was the work of a Soviet agent disguised as Trask, who is trying to poison relations between Iran and the West. Inevitably, the real Pete Trask sets matters straight and ensures that the treaty is signed. In this tale, obviously inspired by the recent overthrow of the anti-Western Mossadegh government in Iran, Communism is once again contained and the United States and Great Britain win exclusive rights to Iranian oil. What Iran stands to gain from this is unclear and, apparently, unimportant.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Yeah that is actually something I can see happening in the world of espionage.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
I wish I could find the whole thing, because after the whole pig tossing bit and the guy claiming he's from the US treasury dept and jumping out the window, the Iranian guy shoots the American ambassador a "what kind of loving clownshow are you running here" look instead of what was obviously intended to be a furious snarl and it made me laugh really hard.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

mr.capps posted:

Yeah that is actually something I can see happening in the world of espionage.

The real life CIA allegedly planned to kill Fidel Castro with exploding cigars and a booby-trapped shell placed on a reef (Castro liked to go diving).

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The MSJ posted:

The real life CIA allegedly planned to kill Fidel Castro with exploding cigars and a booby-trapped shell placed on a reef (Castro liked to go diving).

Also didn't they try to poison him so that his beard would fall out and thus the Cuban people wouldn't know who he was anymore or something?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I guess even they realize those actions were super racist. Unlike today where you'd probably have a lot of right wingers applauding it.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Jerusalem posted:

Also didn't they try to poison him so that his beard would fall out and thus the Cuban people wouldn't know who he was anymore or something?

I think it was to embarrass him into resigning/committing suicide, either way it was really stupid.

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Where can I buy this comic

Servoret
Nov 8, 2009

Small Frozen Thing posted:

I wish I could find the whole thing, because after the whole pig tossing bit and the guy claiming he's from the US treasury dept and jumping out the window, the Iranian guy shoots the American ambassador a "what kind of loving clownshow are you running here" look instead of what was obviously intended to be a furious snarl and it made me laugh really hard.

It's public domain, so here it is on the Comic Book Plus site: T-Man #3

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

I guess even they realize those actions were super racist. Unlike today where you'd probably have a lot of right wingers applauding it.

There are gun companies who sell bullets that have been dipped in pig's blood, because if you shoot a Muslim with ordinary bullets he'll simply fly back to his coffin and regenerate over the course of a single day's sleep.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Jerusalem posted:

What you must understand is that the only thing that matched how evil the CIA was, is how incompetent they also where.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

What you must understand is that the only thing that matched how evil the CIA was, is how incompetent they also where.

Weren't they taking tons of acid in that period?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

Weren't they taking tons of acid in that period?

Yep! They had to make sure it didn't give people psychic powers.

no im not joking.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Servoret posted:

It's public domain, so here it is on the Comic Book Plus site: T-Man #3

Oof, ignore my earlier "not racist" praise considering there's a heap big racist Indian caricature.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
When I had posted that pic, I had thought it was Tony Stark. I apologize. In order to make up for this mistake, I will actually post a real Tony Stark picture.

(Iron Man #219)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Well looks like Bob Layton watched Rocky 3 right before drawing that page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVY8SbQGW-Y

Also reminded of the last line of this:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Here's a few more of those adorable old comic panels.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Let's get this out of the way:
http://mitchoconnell.blogspot.com/

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

CharlestheHammer posted:

The CIA in the 50s and 60s was where the Ivy Leaguers who didn't have the brains or connections to work on Wall Street or inherit daddy's billions went. They were still silver-spoon bluebloods, just not the sort who ended up having their last names put on buildings (with the exception of Dulles, and it wasn't Allen Dulles who got the airport named after him).

Case in point: James Angleton, who was half-Latino and was never allowed to forget it.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The CIA in the 50s and 60s was where the Ivy Leaguers who didn't have the brains or connections to work on Wall Street or inherit daddy's billions went.

This explains so much.

Wonder if there's an alternate universe where Joe Kennedy Jr. survived WWII and Jack ended up in the CIA.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Vincent posted:

Let's get this out of the way:
http://mitchoconnell.blogspot.com/

I was just assuming that Say Nothing is Mitch O'Connell.

That said, watermarking someone elses artwork as your own is also a super bullshit move and that is basically what he is doing.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Cangelosi posted:

When I had posted that pic, I had thought it was Tony Stark. I apologize. In order to make up for this mistake, I will actually post a real Tony Stark picture.

(Iron Man #219)

Wow, just learned something new. If you make Forbes' Fortune 500, you get a t-shirt! That's a pretty sweet deal.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
After taking the Silver Surfer a tour of the galaxy, and giving a pretty convincing speech about why conservation is important, he lays down an ultimatum with the biggest poo poo-eating grin I've ever seen.

Silver Surfer 35

:smug:

(you can read more here)

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky are putting out a book named "Just the Tips". It is :nws:, so link only.

http://comicsalliance.com/fraction-zdarsky-sex-criminals-just-tips-preview-image/

Uthor fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Sep 30, 2014

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Uthor posted:

After taking the Silver Surfer a tour of the galaxy, and giving a pretty convincing speech about why conservation is important, he lays down an ultimatum with the biggest poo poo-eating grin I've ever seen.

Silver Surfer 35

:smug:

(you can read more here)

I saw Thanos's wrinkly chin in the second to last panel as his teeth from a wide, poo poo-eating grin, and that made it all the better.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Uthor posted:

Matt Fraction and Chip Zdarsky are putting out a book named "Just the Tips". It is :nws:, so link only.

http://comicsalliance.com/fraction-zdarsky-sex-criminals-just-tips-preview-image/

drat, if that isn't the best thing I've seen all week. Sold!

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

Wow, just learned something new. If you make Forbes' Fortune 500, you get a t-shirt! That's a pretty sweet deal.

If by "t-shirt" you mean midriff-exposing 80's exercise tank top.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Bakanogami posted:

If by "t-shirt" you mean midriff-exposing 80's exercise tank top.

You'd think Forbes could afford more. I'm thinking Tony insisted on the crop top.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Uthor posted:

Holy poo poo, pro loving click right here.

"Ladies! Looking to blow his mind in bed? Invent a time machine in bed."

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Chaos Hippy posted:

You'd think Forbes could afford more. I'm thinking Tony insisted on the crop top.

"I built a company worth trillions of dollars, and all I got was this stupid T-shirt."

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

bobkatt013 posted:

Fantastic Four 21 (The one with the Hatemonger)
Early FF is amazing and there are so many great panels and they do not all contain horrible misogyny.

If you leave me alone with a room full of wigs I sure as hell would try on every single one of them, "girlish" or not.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

TwoPair posted:

Holy poo poo, pro loving click right here.

"Ladies! Looking to blow his mind in bed? Invent a time machine in bed."

"BDSM stands for 'Bondage, Discipline, Spider-Man'"

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Uthor posted:

uh they said to never do it to Gwar, this invalidates their entire premise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
God drat 90's art was the worst

This is the best

And I LOVE the art style in Superiour Foes and Deadpool before Original Sin came in all suuuuuuuucking.

• Locked thread