Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Actually that Dio is just spelt as "Dio" in English.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

It's a huge shame the convention isn't Diego "Dio" Brando for the Scary Monster version, and just DIEGO for The World version.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
DInO > all

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Hot Pants+Dio vs Valentine was the most amazing thing. Valentine's stand made for an utterly hilarious fight, with gems like "HE'S GOING FOR THE COUCH!"

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
So I've finished Steel Ball Run and moved onto JoJolion. I was kind of hesitant about alt-Morioh as a concept, since Diamond is Unbreakable might tie with Steel Ball Run for my one true favorite JoJo arc, but so far it's much better than I anticipated. It's certainly a return to form after the much different take of Steel Ball Run. Alt-Kira being dead though, that's disappointing. Who will monologue about jerking off to Mona Lisa's hands, if not him?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gappy (Josuke 2).

Gappy would definitely knock one out to the Mona Lisa. I think he'd knock out out to pretty much anything actually.

Gappy is an amazing JoJo.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I want a Tusk Act I plush because it is The Cutest Stand.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Is Joshuu sorta supposed to be like Okuyasa?

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

amuayse posted:

Is Joshuu sorta supposed to be like Okuyasa?

There's a character that shares Okuyasu's last name.

edit: in case you didn't notice, Yasuho shares Koichi's.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

DoctorX posted:

There's a character that shares Okuyasu's last name.

edit: in case you didn't notice, Yasuho shares Koichi's.

Speaking of JoJolion characters you might have missed, boy this universe's take on Jotaro is weird.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Speaking of JoJolion characters you might have missed, boy this universe's take on Jotaro is weird.

Well I don't think we've seen him yet, he's the father of Irene and lives in Florida??? :confused:

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Kabanaw posted:

Well I don't think we've seen him yet, he's the father of Irene and lives in Florida??? :confused:

I think they mean SBR Kira is Jotaro, but maybe they mean Joubin? I don't know at this point either.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Nijimura is probably the closest thing to Jotaro, at least genealogically speaking. Her design is also pretty much the closest one to Jotaro as of yet.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kabanaw posted:

End of Stone Ocean is not SBRverse.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Waffleman_ posted:

I didn't actually want to argue about it, I was just making a joke. :v:

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

A Meat posted:

I think they mean SBR Kira is Jotaro, but maybe they mean Joubin? I don't know at this point either.
Nah, I think they mean Holly's daughter.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but how can you know that?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

DoctorX posted:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but how can you know that?

Probably the fact that Irene and her dad aren't anywhere on the Jojolion family tree

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

SBR Jorge was a loving asswagon, holy poo poo.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Probably the fact that Irene and her dad aren't anywhere on the Jojolion family tree

I always assumed SBR and Jojolion took place before she was born. And she might not even be Jotaro's daughter in that universe.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Stone Ocean, and most likely the ending of it, takes place in 2011. Jojolion also takes place in 2011.

Edit: I mean, it's never been explicitly stated, and it's possible that Irene isn't a part of the Joestar bloodline, but I highly doubt it.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
The end of Stone Ocean has nothing to do with the new universe unless Araki decides he could do something cool with it, then it was always the case.

Truly Araki's Stand is the most powerful of all.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Waffleman_ posted:

Stone Ocean, and most likely the ending of it, takes place in 2011. Jojolion also takes place in 2011.

Edit: I mean, it's never been explicitly stated, and it's possible that Irene isn't a part of the Joestar bloodline, but I highly doubt it.

She could totally be a Kujo and then a weird link between the Kujos and the Joestars is revealed in part 9 or whatever.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
You realize that they are Kujos because that's Jotaro's dad's last name, right?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JJL's Jotaro is Yoshikage Kira, because Holly Joestar-Kira's son was a Kira and not a Kujo.

Maybe.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
A wizard stand eyewall did it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Aurain posted:

JJL's Jotaro is Yoshikage Kira, because Holly Joestar-Kira's son was a Kira and not a Kujo.

Maybe.

He also seems to be about as muscular so it seems to fit?

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Aurain posted:

Maybe.

I'd say Nijimura is more likely to be the Jotaro of Jojolion because she's 1) not a complete psycho and 2) the hat.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Who said that one character has to only be one character in the SBR universe? SBR has, like, 3 Speedwagons.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
There's no Jotaro until after the final boss is defeated, then we meet Tsurugi Higashitaka From Another World.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
I'm holding out that Joubin is the real JoJo of the arc and Gappy's other half turns out to be the JJL universe's Pucci or Weather Report, and when he gets his memories back he'll turn out to be a huge dick. (With four balls.)

e: Evidence supporting my theory: I think it would be cool to have a hero that drives a golden Lamborghini.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Having Gappy actually turn out to be the villain would be such a lame, cliche plot twist and yet I know Araki could make it work magnificently if he wanted to.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Cerebral Bore posted:

Nijimura is probably the closest thing to Jotaro, at least genealogically speaking. Her design is also pretty much the closest one to Jotaro as of yet.

This. She's Holy/Holly's Daughter, wears a dumb hat. Is cool. Curses at random when talking about mundane stuff ("The Goddamn Higashikatas!"). She's that universes Jotaro.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 29, 2014

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

This. She's Holy/Holly's Daughter, wears a dumb hat. Is cool. Curses at random when talking about mundane stuff ("The Goddamn Higashikatas!"). She's that universes Jotaro.

But is she capable of laying down the sickest beat(ing)? I do believe that's the most important question.

Couldn't help it, ZMB. Your avatar text is just so goddamn inviting.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Wark Say posted:

But is she capable of laying down the sickest beat(ing)? I do believe that's the most important question.

Couldn't help it, ZMB. Your avatar text is just so goddamn inviting.

The Dali Lama's stand is "Wonderful Day In the Neighborhood" and is the ghost of Mr. Rogers.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
NEIGHBORARARARARARARARA

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

The Dali Lama's stand is "Wonderful Day In the Neighborhood" and is the ghost of Mr. Rogers.

:allears: Someone draw this.

I would, but I'm at the office,boss is around

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Btw, is a new Gappy even out yet? It's time, and last month was a break month, so.... I'm getting antsy and starting to withdraw. It starts with itching. Or is that just skeeto bites? (Someone would like that.)

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

DicktheCat posted:

Btw, is a new Gappy even out yet? It's time, and last month was a break month, so.... I'm getting antsy and starting to withdraw. It starts with itching. Or is that just skeeto bites? (Someone would like that.)

This month is the one on break, there won't be a new chapter until the november issue of Ultra Jump which is out on the 19th of October.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Angry Walrus posted:

NEIGHBORARARARARARARARA

"It's okay to feel 「sad」".

• Locked thread