Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

And now Silver's voiced by Quinton Flynn, AKA Raiden, so that comparison is still relevant! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
This video cuts off pretty abruptly. Why's that?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I keep getting annoyed at how bad your computer is that all this slowdown keeps happening and then I remember you're playing this on the PS3. Talk about terrible coding!

GarbiTheGlitchress
May 14, 2012

Trains to lift up and protect her friends... and maybe to pick them up and carry them when they are tired :)
You don't need to worry about doing 100% to be the first person with video proof of it, DSS already did a speedrun of it, unsurprisingly.

http://www.twitch.tv/darkspinessonic/c/4985734

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

ChaosArgate posted:

And now Silver's voiced by Quinton Flynn, AKA Raiden, so that comparison is still relevant! :v:

...well now I have to do this.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Flesnolk posted:

This video cuts off pretty abruptly. Why's that?

The conversation bleeds into the next level so it was either cut the video off mid conversation or in the middle of a level. From there I go into kind of a self contained attempt to explain what is going on so it made sense to just cut it off.

And since it is on the end of the last page for anyone who might miss it:

MassRafTer posted:

It's back! After we play the best sidequest in the game it is time for RADICAL TRAIN II! This time with Silver! Plus, more great cut scenes. These are some of the best in the game, we'll really get to the heart of all the mysteries the game has been throwing at us. That's why you are watching the LP anyway, for the story.

Part 25 (The Best Sidequest + RADICAL TRAIN): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbRSNOtDtsU

PS thanks to everyone who posted critique and such of the audio. I used some different tweaks than I had been and it works better this way.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
It may be a pretty weak kick, but the way Shadow stops time and casually strolls to Silver's side before spin kicking the back of his head is pretty drat funny. Reminds me a little of Airplane!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4CizzE-zZo

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Camel Pimp posted:

"IBLIS TRIGGER?!" "I need boxes, SIXTY ONE." "Hurm... But what does Mephiles TASTE like? :chef:"

So here's a fun question. What in this game IS good or works perfectly as intended...? :mmmsmug:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Soop posted:

So here's a fun question. What in this game IS good or works perfectly as intended...? :mmmsmug:

The touching romance of a anthropomorphic hedgehog and a Final Fantasy princess?

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Mr. Soop posted:

You sure can select a character from that start menu.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Soop posted:

"IBLIS TRIGGER?!" "I need boxes, SIXTY ONE." "Hurm... But what does Mephiles TASTE like? :chef:"

A few of the gems and the apple picking up theme.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man, I hate time travel. Especially since apparently it happens every time two Chaos Emeralds bang into each other.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I can't wait for the other gems.

I wish you had a setup where you could use the dummied one.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Camel Pimp posted:

poo poo, how did I miss this?

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Your eyes reflexively avoid anything that looks like Silver.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

The worst thing about this game for me is the way the characters move, they look like they were mocapped from people wearing actual suits like in 'Power Rangers'. The most glaring example is from one of the first videos when you see Tails run in a cutscene and he's obviously trying not too trip over his gigantic feet.
Sonic has a human skeleton and it's a little creepy.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

Sonic in general is terrifying when set against non-cartoonish humans. When Run Button got to Sonic 06, the second they saw the princess in the opening cutscene they said something like "See, already they've created a universe where it would be insane for Sonic the Hedgehog to exist!"

And that's pretty much just it. Every cutscene is just a reminder that cartoon juxtaposed with realism is totally loving terrifying. Sonic's proportions would be nightmarish to encounter in real life. So much of the visual weirdness (not glitches, just style) wouldn't be so noticeable if the whole game was as cartoony as the characters, but I guess they were planning to introduce art direction after the play-testing feedback.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
You're giving Sonic Team a bit too much credit there, this game was meant to snow off what was at the time next gen hardware. They genuinely thought that a realistic art approach would be a good idea. You have to remember this is the same team that thought that a dark ans gritty spinoff was a good idea. It's kind of hard to separate the truly bad ideas from the glitches and bugs that plague this game as a result of them having half the team rush it out the door.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I'll say one thing for the realistic approach, it is way more entertaining when it fails than Sonic Lost World's story. I played the demo last night and really enjoyed the gameplay, but where I can laugh at Sonic 06's story I just cringe through anything I've seen of the story. I can laugh at serious garbage, comedic garbage is painful to me. I really liked how it played though, I'm tempted to pick it up cheap.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Failed drama is comedy. Failed comedy is nothing.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Failed nothing is Sonic: Lost World

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Welcome to the boondoggle that is the Aquatic Base. Witness the stupidity of the Duke of Soleanna. Thrill at silver balls. Marvel at an informed discussion of the current bevvy of social, political and economic problems facing Soleanna. The game doesn't get much dumber than this level, so dive in.

Part 26 (The Idiot King): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVrHdZtGlOs

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I forget, is this the point where the blue Chaos Emerald is revealed to be in a time loop it couldn't possibly have entered or left?

Lord_Ventnor
Mar 30, 2010

The Worldwide Deadly Gangster Communist President
So... Shadow doesn't want to mess with time paradoxes... except when he does.

:psyduck:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
I just want to say Hulkamatt you should really watch Tremors and maybe Tremors 2; really fun movies. Too bad about Tremors 3 though :barf:

Also kind of dangerous walking on all that mercury Silver

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Oct 1, 2014

Mathwyn
Oct 31, 2012

Ante up.

achillesforever6 posted:

Also kind of dangerous walking on all that mercury Silver

Don't worry, he's quick enough that none of it gets on him.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Fedule posted:

I forget, is this the point where the blue Chaos Emerald is revealed to be in a time loop it couldn't possibly have entered or left?

Yep. Silver gives it to Elise, who keeps it for years, then the start of the game happens, Elise gives it to Sonic, who gives it to Eggman as ransom, and then Silver takes the emerald and travels back in time with it, starting the loop over.

The emerald accounting in this game is great. I know that getting hung up on "Sonic canon" is pretty much autism defined, but I do like the fact that this page points out that Sonic 06's plot pretty much makes the Chaos Emeralds existing in any other Sonic game impossible.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.
No one in this story does a goddamn thing that makes sense.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
The underwater base was pretty clearly originally the property of Umbrella Corp that Soleanna then bought second hand.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TwoPair posted:

Yep. Silver gives it to Elise, who keeps it for years, then the start of the game happens, Elise gives it to Sonic, who gives it to Eggman as ransom, and then Silver takes the emerald and travels back in time with it, starting the loop over.

The emerald accounting in this game is great. I know that getting hung up on "Sonic canon" is pretty much autism defined, but I do like the fact that this page points out that Sonic 06's plot pretty much makes the Chaos Emeralds existing in any other Sonic game impossible.

Luckily this game was a reboot that wiped all of those previous low brow games from history.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy
I like how Elise's whole thing is based upon her never crying. That sure was a great plan concocted by her father, as I'm sure most children never cry over the the death of a parent or finding out that they have a world destroying demon in them. :v:

I keep thinking about how Nixon would make this game so much better. "Anything for you, Mishter Schonic! :nixon:"

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Also when would Nixon ever cry?

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Mr. Soop posted:

I like how Elise's whole thing is based upon her never crying. That sure was a great plan concocted by her father, as I'm sure most children never cry over the the death of a parent or finding out that they have a world destroying demon in them. :v:

Elise, become a strong queen that never cooks with onions, no matter what happens.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

During allergy season the Soleanna pollen count is measured in Iblis outbreaks.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Bruceski posted:

During allergy season the Soleanna pollen count is measured in Iblis outbreaks.

"I've finally found you, Iblis Trigger!"

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
To be fair the princess gets kidnapped like three times a day so it's kind of understandable the sorry folk of Soleanna don't give a gently caress anymore.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Pidmon posted:

My nose is stuffing up just looking at that

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Pidmon posted:

What tree is that? The climate looks like it could be from my hometown area but Piņon trees usually have a central trunk and Juniper bark's very distinctive (and not that).

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

Bruceski posted:

What tree is that? The climate looks like it could be from my hometown area but Piņon trees usually have a central trunk and Juniper bark's very distinctive (and not that).

I just googled high pollen trees, it's apparently a Cedar tree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Croccers posted:

Also when would Nixon ever cry?

"With THE MONEY you can buy wiretaps and harass political activists and politicians by proxy."

Bruceski posted:

I'm fairly certain it's a Juniper of some kind, as their pollen dispersal can be a bit more "intense" like that compared to most pines. :eng101:

• Locked thread