Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dredge
Mar 18, 2009
Has anyone ever experienced missing items in an expansion pack? I recently bought the Firespray and according to this list I should have the Gunner crew card and the Slave 1 title card. But neither were in the pack. I've looked at the Fantasy Flight website and forums and cannot find who to contact about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dredge posted:

Has anyone ever experienced missing items in an expansion pack? I recently bought the Firespray and according to this list I should have the Gunner crew card and the Slave 1 title card. But neither were in the pack. I've looked at the Fantasy Flight website and forums and cannot find who to contact about this.

Here you go: http://parts.fantasyflightgames.com/

Just open a ticket with a description of the issue and they should get back to you in a few days and then send you what's missing. Be aware their ticket acknowledgement stuff is manual and so you won't get a receipt until Monday earliest.

Dredge
Mar 18, 2009
Most appreciated.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Well, I have a new favorite squad! Keyan and Corran, just 2 ships. I played a game with a prototype of this list earlier in the week and it was great, so I brought it to our Sector Championship this weekend. Each local store is holding a Sector, the sector # being the last 3 digits of the zip code. Then just before world's we'll hold a Quadrant Championship at the FFG Game Center. All the Sector champs get a bye in the first round. This one had 14 players, we've had as many as 30 I think so far. Each event has a unique participation prize from Applied Perspective as well (awesome acrylics a local guy does, http://www.appliedperspective.com/acrylic/product-category/x-wing/)

Keyan Farlander w/ Push the Limit, Engine Upgrade, Advanced Sensors, Advanced Proton Torpedos and Heavy Laser Cannon
Corran Horn with Veteran Instincts, Flechette Torpedos, Fire Control System, Engine Upgrade, and R2-D2.

Went 3-0 in swiss, won both top 4 and final table games. Only list Keyan in 3 games, never lost Corran. Final table I lost Keyan to a PS9 Kath and PS9 Whispers attacks, that landed a blinded pilot crit (3rd one he took today), then Dark Curse finished him off, without him firing a shot...

Horn proceeded to wreak bloody vengeance on the entire enemy squad, regenerating his shields as needed, before it finally came down to Dark Curse vs. him. Only a matter of time until Curse failed a roll then, with me regening and evading every turn.

It's a REALLY fun list to fly, although I only fired the Flechettes once, and the APT never. It was there for Falcon insurance, but I didn't end up facing the 3 Falcon lists. The Flechette is to stress a Phantom before it can fire and recloak, then let Keyand and Corran's doubletap take it out. Only used it the last game. The other Phantom I played I forced onto a rock where the HLC had it's number.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Did you play against any swarms or Baron, whisper /echo, and lambda? If so how did they do? I might try this on Tuesday but I'm worried about quadruple b-wings and phantoms as that is the latest flavor of the month in this store.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

Chill la Chill posted:

Did you play against any swarms or Baron, whisper /echo, and lambda? If so how did they do? I might try this on Tuesday but I'm worried about quadruple b-wings and phantoms as that is the latest flavor of the month in this store.

Played two Phantom lists. One was Whisper, one wsa Echo. Echo had 2 PTL Sabres and an Obsidian along, Whisper had VI Kath and Dark Curse.

Also played Wedge/Luke/Biggs, a really creative Hobbie/Garven/Biggs/Blount list and Etan/Biggs/Tala/Tala. Nobody around here is running 4B since they're easy lunch for well flown Phantoms. If you expect to see a lot of Soontir/high PS interceptors and the like, I'd put VI on Keyan too, and go for the initiative bid to make them move first, than use AdvSensors and Engine/barrel roll to arc dodge them. I plan to test a build like that as well as swapping in a Bandit or Tala for the HLC and APT.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

K guys. My buddy got me into this game and I have a few questions.

Apparently focus let's you overturn a result on offense or defense. So what is the point of using an evasive maneuvers token?

When I am target locked, if I cloak, does that remove target lock?

Bumping just removes the abity for action right?

Critical hits are negated on shields?

Unless the upgrade card says "discard after" then it can be used every turn right?

Max of 100 points per side?

What are some 'go to' ships I should get? Already have the starter set, b wing (favorite rebel ship) and tie phantom.

It can be rebel vs rebel right? Faction doesn't matter?

This is the first mini game I've ever played and I like it. It's like chess except open space. I do have qualms about a ship being stressed over maneuvers (HOW!?) but it's fiction.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Soulex posted:

K guys. My buddy got me into this game and I have a few questions.

Apparently focus let's you overturn a result on offense or defense. So what is the point of using an evasive maneuvers token?
Focus lets you turn all eyeball results into hits/evades. The more dice you roll for the attack/defense in question, the better focus is as an option. The value of Evade is that it gets you a guaranteed one.

quote:

Bumping just removes the abity for action right?
Yes, but also recall that two ships with bases in contact during the fire phase can't shoot at each other. They can still shoot at other things.

quote:

Yes.

quote:

Unless the upgrade card says "discard after" then it can be used every turn right?

Yes.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Soulex posted:

This one needs some more explanation. Critical hits that strike shields do not inflict a damage card, and you must draw a face up damage card for a critical effect to happen.

However, if you have two shield points left, and your opponent manages to hit you with two hits and a critical hit, the two hits strike the shields before the critical hit does, and the critical hit will have an effect against your ship's hull. Critical hits are always cancelled last, unless there is a card in play specifying otherwise (Autoblaster is the only one, I think).

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Thanks guys. We are both pretty new

susan
Jan 14, 2013
Went 1-2 at a tournament this weekend, and had a blast doing it, but I do now have some... weirder questions about X-Wing Miniatures tournaments. Specifically, how scoring and pairings and winners are selected. See, in our 8-person tournament, we had one player who went 3-0... but he was not awarded 1st place, because he had destroyed fewer points than two other players. The undefeated player actually didn't get any awards, which feels... wrong somehow. The pairing system was similarly confusing, as I was paired up against much better players than I probably should have been, simply because I had been blowing up a lot of ships in my game while getting blown up a bit faster in return.

Is this standard in X-Wing Tournaments? And how are scenarios handled in tournaments, if they're handled at all? Is it common for rounds to be timed differently from round to round? Sorry, I'm just missing some of the nuance here.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

susan posted:

Went 1-2 at a tournament this weekend, and had a blast doing it, but I do now have some... weirder questions about X-Wing Miniatures tournaments. Specifically, how scoring and pairings and winners are selected. See, in our 8-person tournament, we had one player who went 3-0... but he was not awarded 1st place, because he had destroyed fewer points than two other players. The undefeated player actually didn't get any awards, which feels... wrong somehow. The pairing system was similarly confusing, as I was paired up against much better players than I probably should have been, simply because I had been blowing up a lot of ships in my game while getting blown up a bit faster in return.

Is this standard in X-Wing Tournaments? And how are scenarios handled in tournaments, if they're handled at all? Is it common for rounds to be timed differently from round to round? Sorry, I'm just missing some of the nuance here.

That is not normal at all. Normally you get 5pts for a full win, 3 for a modified win, and 0 for a loss. The 3-0 player, assuming he had all full wins would have 15pts, and any 2-1s 10. So he'd get first with 15, and among the various 10s, rank would be determined by Margin of Victory, which is explained in the tournament rules here: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/support/faq/X-Wing-Tournament-Rules.pdf

All the rules are there, if they aren't going by that I have no clue what they are doing, and it sounds like they don't either.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

pbpancho posted:

That is not normal at all. Normally you get 5pts for a full win, 3 for a modified win, and 0 for a loss. The 3-0 player, assuming he had all full wins would have 15pts, and any 2-1s 10. So he'd get first with 15, and among the various 10s, rank would be determined by Margin of Victory, which is explained in the tournament rules here: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/support/faq/X-Wing-Tournament-Rules.pdf

All the rules are there, if they aren't going by that I have no clue what they are doing, and it sounds like they don't either.

The 3-0 could have had all modified wins, so 9 pts versus a 2-1 with full wins at 10pts.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

PJOmega posted:

The 3-0 could have had all modified wins, so 9 pts versus a 2-1 with full wins at 10pts.

True, that's a pretty edge case though, especially with the margin for a full win being only 12pts now.

susan
Jan 14, 2013

pbpancho posted:

Yeah, that's what it felt like, thank you for the confirmation :) .

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

pbpancho posted:

Played two Phantom lists. One was Whisper, one wsa Echo. Echo had 2 PTL Sabres and an Obsidian along, Whisper had VI Kath and Dark Curse.

Also played Wedge/Luke/Biggs, a really creative Hobbie/Garven/Biggs/Blount list and Etan/Biggs/Tala/Tala. Nobody around here is running 4B since they're easy lunch for well flown Phantoms. If you expect to see a lot of Soontir/high PS interceptors and the like, I'd put VI on Keyan too, and go for the initiative bid to make them move first, than use AdvSensors and Engine/barrel roll to arc dodge them. I plan to test a build like that as well as swapping in a Bandit or Tala for the HLC and APT.

Sweet. I'll do some testing tonight for tomorrow's weekly tournament (lol shield bag #6 if I win). I'd like to try a new list cuz I haven't played with my b-wings in a while. Do you typically deploy them on opposite flanks or together? What does your asteroid clumping look like? I'm thinking with that list your opponents will try to spread them apart so the best thing you can do is form a crescent and barrel roll out of the way whiling hoping your opponents crash.

The other list I was going to try was:

Han - falcon, C3PO, VI, EU, gunner
Blue with sensors
Prototype A with refit
Way more HP and survivability than previous Han support ships. I might try it if there isn't a 4-sigma list tomorrow because good god those things wreck Han in one turn if I make a mistake. I think I'm retiring my Han list after the decimator arrives because while I'm decent with him now it's a bit tiring.

I'm just glad that with the new decimators coming out we won't see rampant phantoms much longer.

E: if I remove all the munitions from your list you can squeeze an a-wing with refit in there. Sure you could go for a Z instead for the initiative bid but a-wing! It's been a long time!

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Sep 29, 2014

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-
Yeah, the next iteration I'll try drops the APT and HLC to put in a Tala. The Flechette stays since that fired at a Phantom at PS10 means no cloaky for them, and Keyan and Corran's doubletap can swat it.

I generally make a pretty tight cloud of asteroids, since I'm pretty good at flying through them and with all the movement options they'll restrict me less than my opponent. I Then ran Corran down the board edge as fast as possible, while Keyan was a little inside him. If they are angling to get to Keyan before Corran can flank, I'll barrel roll and boost away from them to stretch it out a little and drag them into Corran. Keyan is ALWAYS the first target, but Corran is such a good closer that's ok. Favorite moves on Keyan are the boost then K-turn, and the barrel roll, boost, then hard 2. So much fun to fly!

Edit: I also plan to fly Keyan with VI at some point, and rely on red maneuvers to get the stress. That'll make him even more dangerous to Phantoms/Interceptors/Wedge.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

zVxTeflon posted:

Im in it and I got paired with a guy I play regularly irl in the first round.

How'd you do in the first two rounds? I played game two (Team Covenant VASSAL tournament) tonight, the opponent had a Echo/Vessery/Doom shuttle list and a Leebo w/HLC turret and 2 greens list. Brought the ZZZZZ swarm again since I knew the Decimator wouldn't be able to chase down the Outrider.

He took Echo straight in at me and ate Crackens clusters and the ion pulse first round of shooting. Next round I blocked the ioned Echo and had 3 range 1 shots to finish him. Came down to Blount and two Talas (one with homing left, one with clusters) vs Vessery. I whittled him down, losing the homing Tala with his missile unfired, and then he K-turned onto a rock, at range one of both my ships. Game over man!

Z ZUPREMACY! On to round three!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Needed more practice with the ABE list so I just used biggs, fat han, and A wing. Lost first by 11 points but still got to pick from the same pool as the first place guy. Got a small box of shields now. :D

I don't know how Paul does it but I manage to lose Biggs frequently. Those 25 points add up when it comes to tiebreakers.

Ballpoint Penguin
Feb 12, 2004

Awakening the survivor from his frozen bacta prison, he learned a Deathstar had destroyed Dagobah long ago. He took it well, I guess.
What's the general consensus about the Jan Ors co-pilot ability. Can she convert a focus token into an evade token on the ship she's in? The card says "a friendly ship within range 1-3" not "another friendly ship". Which raises a bigger question, is a ship considered "within range 1" of itself?

My knee jerk response to both of these is no, but I could see someone trying to make the argument that because it doesn't specify "another friendly ship" it can be used on the ship she's in.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Currently the ruling in the vassal tournament is that ships do count as within themselves which I personally agree with. It does not say another. Hopefully the FAQ includes this in the next iteration as well as clarifying that Farlander can use the ability even without a stress token, similar to Garvem Dreis.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Ballpoint Penguin posted:

What's the general consensus about the Jan Ors co-pilot ability. Can she convert a focus token into an evade token on the ship she's in? The card says "a friendly ship within range 1-3" not "another friendly ship". Which raises a bigger question, is a ship considered "within range 1" of itself?

My knee jerk response to both of these is no, but I could see someone trying to make the argument that because it doesn't specify "another friendly ship" it can be used on the ship she's in.

For me, Lone Wolf kind of solves this:

If you were within 1 of yourself, you would never get to use it.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

There are no cards that say "within range x". Within means "entirely within" and is only used in setup when your ships must be entirely within range one of your edge (or touching the edge)

No ship could be considered within range x of itself, since ranges start at the ship's edge. I was thinking maybe the movement guides might allow a ship to be at range 1 of itself, but they only count for overlapping, never range.

Ballpoint Penguin
Feb 12, 2004

Awakening the survivor from his frozen bacta prison, he learned a Deathstar had destroyed Dagobah long ago. He took it well, I guess.

alg posted:

For me, Lone Wolf kind of solves this:

If you were within 1 of yourself, you would never get to use it.

Thanks. I agree, that clears things up considerably. The main reason I'm asking about this is that I'm tinkering with this list

Keyan Farlander (29)
Push the Limit (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Jan Ors (2)
B-Wing/E2 (1)

Ibtisam (28)
Elusiveness (2)
Advanced Sensors (3)
C-3PO (3)
B-Wing/E2 (1)

"Dutch" Vander (23)
R5-K6 (2)

Total: 100

The idea of getting evade tokens onto B-wings seems too good to pass up. Also, I'm looking for better alternatives to Dutch.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

pbpancho posted:

How'd you do in the first two rounds? I played game two (Team Covenant VASSAL tournament) tonight, the opponent had a Echo/Vessery/Doom shuttle list and a Leebo w/HLC turret and 2 greens list. Brought the ZZZZZ swarm again since I knew the Decimator wouldn't be able to chase down the Outrider.

He took Echo straight in at me and ate Crackens clusters and the ion pulse first round of shooting. Next round I blocked the ioned Echo and had 3 range 1 shots to finish him. Came down to Blount and two Talas (one with homing left, one with clusters) vs Vessery. I whittled him down, losing the homing Tala with his missile unfired, and then he K-turned onto a rock, at range one of both my ships. Game over man!

1-1 so far.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

The idea of getting evade tokens onto B-wings seems too good to pass up. Also, I'm looking for better alternatives to Dutch.

Gold Squadron with an Ion Turret and an R2 Astromech to cover you while you turn and for an initiative bid?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

adamantium|wang posted:

Gold Squadron with an Ion Turret?

Accept no substitute.

KO Derf
Jan 14, 2003

Doctor Rope

pbpancho posted:

I noticed you were on the pair-down table. Did you beat up some poor 1-1 fool? That's not very nice.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

KO Derf posted:

I noticed you were on the pair-down table. Did you beat up some poor 1-1 fool? That's not very nice.

I'm the lowest-ranked 2-0 since I only had 2 Zs left each game so far. I'm up against Dallas Parker though, the current World Champ runner-up! I haven't played him before but watched a couple of his games at Nationals. He's got a Decimator/Phantom and a TIE Swarm, so I'm thinking it may be time to break out my Stressimator w/ Black squadron predators. We'll see!

In other news, here's the various promos that I was mentioning in my previous post, the giveaways for our Sector Championship series. The range 1 and 2 ruler set I won at a different event.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Our order arrived from MinatureMart. Only took 8 or 9 days to get here which is pretty good. I got a Rebel Aces, the X-Wing from the Rebel Transport, an Interceptor from the Imperial Aces and another Aces A-Wing.

Can't wait to try them out! Hopefully I can get the Falcon from this other site and then it's probably time to stop buying ships for awhile.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

CODChimera posted:

then it's probably time to stop buying ships for awhile.

Save me Obi-Wallet Kenobi, you're my only hope

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

CODChimera posted:

Our order arrived from MinatureMart. Only took 8 or 9 days to get here which is pretty good. I got a Rebel Aces, the X-Wing from the Rebel Transport, an Interceptor from the Imperial Aces and another Aces A-Wing.

Can't wait to try them out! Hopefully I can get the Falcon from this other site and then it's probably time to stop buying ships for awhile.

Where are you finding US Falcons for something close to retail?

It and a HWK are the only ships I need to have 1 of everything.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

For anyone who is still in doubt, Frank, the one who answers game related emails, did clarify the Farlander situation: http://moseisleyraumhafen.forumieren.com/t3056p15-keyan-farlander-s-stressbewaltigung#50014

The Jan Ors crew ability is still up in the air.

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Crosspostin'

https://www.krmulticase.com is having an anniversary sale. Buy a bag or whatever, get a card case filled with foam for free.

My buddy who totally thought he was just going to have a tiny collection of empire only stuff is on this poo poo, I kinda feel bad for introducing it to him almost.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

These are the best custom templates.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

pbpancho posted:

I'm the lowest-ranked 2-0 since I only had 2 Zs left each game so far. I'm up against Dallas Parker though, the current World Champ runner-up! I haven't played him before but watched a couple of his games at Nationals. He's got a Decimator/Phantom and a TIE Swarm, so I'm thinking it may be time to break out my Stressimator w/ Black squadron predators. We'll see!

In other news, here's the various promos that I was mentioning in my previous post, the giveaways for our Sector Championship series. The range 1 and 2 ruler set I won at a different event.

What are Greedo and -3PO supposed to be?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

What are Greedo and -3PO supposed to be?

Prob tokens to show that youve used the once per round ability for those characters respective crew cards.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

zVxTeflon posted:

Prob tokens to show that youve used the once per round ability for those characters respective crew cards.

Yep! They're also working on a no attack token for Blinded Pilot and Corran Horn.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Ah, right on. Makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Sigma-X posted:

Where are you finding US Falcons for something close to retail?

It and a HWK are the only ships I need to have 1 of everything.

Not the US. It's just a random small shop here in NZ that supposedly had one. I won't believe it until I actually have it though...

• Locked thread