Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk

Alder posted:

How about a entire episode dedicated to his recovery and thoughts?

That'll be the money-saver episode that nobody wants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The guy was made an orphan when he was two years old, with only his six-year-old sister to watch his back. In Japan, that's all the explanation necessary.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Just finished the series while trying to avoid spoilers, still can't see the one character without thinking 'jigglejoggers' thanks tumblr.
What a ride, having a hard time thinking season two won't be just a miserable experience where everyone gets wiped out.
Like, the war has no options for an easy resolution now and everyone has reason to be mad.

The nice thing about this series is the amount of motivation granted to each character involved. This person is an rear end in a top hat because they have every right to be. Guess we'll have to wait for January to see what happens.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Alder posted:

IIRC Slaine ranks fairly high if pixiv fanart numbers mean anything and I see a lot of people liking him earlier before the ending (yes including me).

A bit late on this, but last I looked at aldnoah stuff on pixiv, a fair chunk of it was Slaine getting bullied or beat up, so... take it as you will really.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Well that fits fairly well in line with his character (hell that was his character, pre-murdering bowlcut) so it sounds more like they just really know what Slaine is about

:v:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Here's a poster for the second season.

Spoilers I guess, so if you want to go in blind, don't click.
http://i.imgur.com/VBaE8CW.jpg

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Well that doesn't reveal too much, I think.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Mindblast posted:

Well that doesn't reveal too much, I think.

other than our wonderful new main character

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Am I supposed to remember who that second character is? I recognize the face but I'm having trouble putting a name/attributing actions to them

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Acer Pilot posted:

Dunno, considering the baron uniform he is wearing I still hope he is the baddie now.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Acer Pilot posted:

It could certainly be so, but it doesn't have to. Sounds a bit like an early reveal considering the :wtf: ending to the season.

But you are probably right. :(

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

ninjewtsu posted:

Am I supposed to remember who that second character is? I recognize the face but I'm having trouble putting a name/attributing actions to them

I think he was that guy present during Cruhteo's interrogation of Slaine? Of course he might be a random mook for what it's worth.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My guess from the ending is that the princess is alive (her head airbag thing inflating seems like a Chekov's gun of sorts; it seems like they wouldn't have bothered to show it if they didn't intend to use it as an excuse for her surviving) and Inaho isn't.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

a kitten posted:

Here's a poster for the second season.

Spoilers I guess, so if you want to go in blind, don't click.
http://i.imgur.com/VBaE8CW.jpg

I guess, Slaine is back w/the Vers Empire and they've forgiven him for causing the deaths of his fellow comrades

Reminds me I need to quit tumblr because clearly no one there cares about spoiler warnings like common decent people :v:

I noticed a majority of A/Z fanarts feature Inaho cooking in his trademark apron. I guess, even dedicated fans having trouble defining his main interests are other than taking care of everyone.

Alder fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Oct 8, 2014

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Inaho's sole interest was wrecking super robots in his lovely trainer. Shoot up big bang punches errryday.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Alder posted:

I guess, Slaine is back w/the Vers Empire and they've forgiven him for causing the deaths of his fellow comrades

Reminds me I need to quit tumblr because clearly no one there cares about spoiler warnings like common decent people :v:

I noticed a majority of A/Z fanarts feature Inaho cooking in his trademark apron. I guess, even dedicated fans having trouble defining his main interests are other than taking care of everyone.

Well its not as if they're gonna give us a teaser poster that would confirm Inaho or the Princess's fates this early.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Blhue posted:

Well its not as if they're gonna give us a teaser poster that would confirm Inaho or the Princess's fates this early.

How about a mysterious shadows poster?

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk
Why were the hookers scared of the martians?

Because a client Inaho Vers Slaine

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Uh. Slight spoilers suggested in the latest AZ s2 poster.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Taxidermy!

edit: sorry i guess

Razzled fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Nov 6, 2014

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Razzled posted:

Taxidermy!

That's one insane spoiler :sigh:

I guess, even in anime it can't all be peachy and wonderful.

C'mon now show me Inaho w/his new badass eyepatch and I'll call it even.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

darkgray posted:

Aldnoah powered wheelchair!?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

darkgray posted:

That's not really spoilers. The quote at the very end made it pretty clear she wasn't dead, which most likely means she is still relevant and important

Reivax
Apr 24, 2008
Calling it now: cripple inaho with voice synthesiser. Uguu

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

ViggyNash posted:

That's not really spoilers. The quote at the very end made it pretty clear she wasn't dead, which most likely means she is still relevant and important

No, it just means they didn't find her body. I think Slaine completely lost his mind and started talking to her taxidermied body like it was still alive.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Silver2195 posted:

No, it just means they didn't find her body. I think Slaine completely lost his mind and started talking to her taxidermied body like it was still alive.

Notice the mics.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Maybe he's into ventriloquy.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
So, uh, a thing showed up on Crunchyroll: http://www.crunchyroll.com/aldnoah-zero/episode-0-count-to-az-665633

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Very skippable, nothing new really. It's mainly a bunch of interviews, and was aired before the show started. Watch only if you're bored.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

nielsm posted:

Very skippable, nothing new really. It's mainly a bunch of interviews, and was aired before the show started. Watch only if you're bored.

WTB> Translations for JP interviews.

Unless they are showing new clips or designs I'm not sure if I'll benefit from it much.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fc8LYlX0Pc4

I'm gonna flip a table if literally only one person died at the end of S1.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
what if it turns out literally no one died?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Sauce Boss was always going to be alive and the princess isn't a surprise. Inaho's what matters.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It would be a seriously ballsy move for them to kill off the protagonist. So, he's probably alive. I liked seeing Inaho be competent, but if someone else got to be competent for once I wouldn't miss him at all. In other words, I don't care who clowns ridiculous super robots with third-rate ingrams so long as someone does.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
My greatest fear is all the mech related activities will now be between super robots. My favorite part of S1 was Inaho finding ways to trump the crazy mars mechs.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Overlord K posted:

My greatest fear is all the mech related activities will now be between super robots. My favorite part of S1 was Inaho finding ways to trump the crazy mars mechs.

Yeah as long as super robots keep getting humiliatingly destroyed by some dude in a OZ-06MS Leo I'm happy

LolitaSama
Dec 27, 2011

Overlord K posted:

My favorite part of S1 was Inaho finding ways to trump the crazy mars mechs.

Same. Any shows similar to this? One that I can think of is Katanagatari except its sword play and not mechas.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

LolitaSama posted:

Same. Any shows similar to this? One that I can think of is Katanagatari except its sword play and not mechas.

Sadly, no. On the rare occasions anime mixes up reals and supers, the supers always came out on top.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.

LolitaSama posted:

Apparently they're doing an adaptation of Heavy Object at some point soon, which is basically just 'Two ground crew support guys keep having to figure out ways to disable goofy overspecialized mechs', but on the other hand, it's by the Index dude so it's like concentrated extruded light novel product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

LolitaSama posted:

The closest is probably Armor Hunter Mellowlink, which is a regular soldier taking down mechs. I believe it has been mentioned in this thread earlier.

• Locked thread