Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rovert posted:

Guys have you seen this? It aired on the App during Raw last week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmQY-r-kK9o

this is what they SHOULD be doing with these guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/JohnnyGargano/status/516489290604216321

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Alouicious posted:

this is what they SHOULD be doing with these guys

I get the feeling stuff like the App has little to no Vince oversight.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Shima Honnou posted:

I get the feeling stuff like the App has little to no Vince oversight.

well no poo poo, that's the problem

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Angular Landbury posted:

Big E has crazy Rock charisma
I like Big E, but let's not get carried away here. Being clever on twitter and making pop culture references doesn't put you in Rock-tier charisma.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Big E and Titus could have a good feud if they managed to not ever let them actually have a match.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Except the gays.

And anyone not white or orthodox christian. Or people that displease Putin's buddies.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

rovert posted:

Crush the patriarchy:

https://twitter.com/LanaWWE/status/516447060221243393

Lana is not being very Russian here.

Maximizing heel heat from the 4Chan crowd. Hell, just look at the responses.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

Not really? He's not particularly great in the ring and he's shameful on the mic.

I didn't think it was possible to be this wrong. Are you secretly John Cena?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Liquid Communism posted:

no he's a Bigass Moth. An insect famous for flying into bright hot lights.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Liquid Communism posted:

John Cena and Big E are/were workout buddies. Technically if he's wrong, wouldn't be secretly NOT be John Cena?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Liquid Communism posted:

Big E has a tough time improvising on the mic, I think, it's fairly apparent when he has to do guest commentary. He's on point when he does a bit, stuff like the JBL & Cole show and his twitter shenanigans work well in this regard.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

Big E has a tough time improvising on the mic, I think, it's fairly apparent when he has to do guest commentary. He's on point when he does a bit, stuff like the JBL & Cole show and his twitter shenanigans work well in this regard.

Yeah I'd agree with this. Pretapes are definitely his friend.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Granted I've heard Big E on the mic maybe 5 times in the last year and he's been horrible every time so maybe WWE just isn't giving him any opporunities. Still if he never gets another push I won't be too upset.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Big E has great charisma that goes away the moment he steps into a ring.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah I'd agree with this. Pretapes are definitely his friend.

Remember that even Ryback was able to cut a good anti-Cena promo full of history and continuity due to pretapes.

I like Big E a lot, but he seriously needs someone else with charisma to play off of, which is why I hope this stable gets off the ground eventually. They should just debut them as faces and do funny poo poo like the Goldberg segment on the App.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Perry Normal posted:

Maximizing heel heat from the 4Chan crowd. Hell, just look at the responses.

So glad that Lu Bu took a moment away from his millionth replay of the yellow turban rebellion to weigh in on this.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

fart blood posted:

John Cena and Big E are/were workout buddies. Technically if he's wrong, wouldn't be secretly NOT be John Cena?

Being John Cena's friend is hazardous to your health, though.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Liquid Communism posted:

Being John Cena's friend is hazardous to your health, though.

Zack never recovered.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Being John Cena's friend is a lot like being John Cena's enemy. Creative are asking themselves how to use you to get Cena over.

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Which is why I'm upset about how they are starting to use Ambrose.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Cena's the same as Orton. Two dudes the company's been directly built on for a decade or more, locked into multi year multi million dollar contracts that make them unlikely to be used to elevate midcard dudes and due to age and injuries will likely be retiring sooner rather than later. I hate the fact we constantly get the two of them over and over again at the expense of everything else but I also kinda get why WWE constantly want to get a couple more kicks before the horse stops twitching.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
They're both the "default" in which scenario something happens, or Vince sneezes and gets pissed off, the titles will just go back to either of the two without much thought into how or why they've gotten title shots or the feuds that surround them.

It's something Wrestling promotions have always been doing, but when you look at a promotion like New Japan who put all their faith into Okada, a relative nobody who went on to be praised in his matches with Tanahashi as "Better than Fliar/Steamboat" there's no reason to fear that someone like Daniel Bryan or CM Punk wouldn't be able to make it. I guess Vince is just scared shittless that something like Brock Lesner's first departure, or Bobby Lashley's departure will happen again, although CM Punk really only left because he was fed up with the way he was being treated (Reportedly not having anything for him at Wrestlemania at the time of the Royal Rumble?)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

They're both the "default" in which scenario something happens, or Vince sneezes and gets pissed off, the titles will just go back to either of the two without much thought into how or why they've gotten title shots or the feuds that surround them.

It's something Wrestling promotions have always been doing, but when you look at a promotion like New Japan who put all their faith into Okada, a relative nobody who went on to be praised in his matches with Tanahashi as "Better than Fliar/Steamboat" there's no reason to fear that someone like Daniel Bryan or CM Punk wouldn't be able to make it. I guess Vince is just scared shittless that something like Brock Lesner's first departure, or Bobby Lashley's departure will happen again, although CM Punk really only left because he was fed up with the way he was being treated (Reportedly not having anything for him at Wrestlemania at the time of the Royal Rumble?)

Their plans for CM Punk at the Rumble were for him to face HHH.

Of course since Punk had no intention of staying after it was made clear to him that John Cena will always be the guy, no matter what Punk does, that meant that he would probably be doing the job to HHH. Punk decided not to stick around.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I love how Twitter, of all things, has become the one place where kayfabe is (semi) maintained

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Perfidus posted:

Which is why I'm upset about how they are starting to use Ambrose.

Which is why I'm pretty stoked about the whole "You and me, we ain't friends" dynamic.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Of course since Punk had no intention of staying after it was made clear to him that John Cena will always be the guy, no matter what Punk does, that meant that he would probably be doing the job to HHH. Punk decided not to stick around.

He was also nursing a ton of nagging injuries by that point.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Ever since the Wrestlemania match with Undertaker he looked like a guy wrestling with several broken ribs, right up until he quit.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

DeathChicken posted:

Ever since the Wrestlemania match with Undertaker he looked like a guy wrestling with several broken ribs, right up until he quit.

Yeah, Mutton-Chop (Chop-Mutton?) Punk always seemed really slow, easily gassed, and not nearly as enthusiastic about wrestling as opposed to everything he did previous to the Taker match. It probably didn't help that the only really noteworthy matches he was given were the Lesnar match at Summerslam and the 3-on-1 Shield match at TLC. Everything else was an endless holding-pattern of Ryback/Axel/Heyman.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

He probably thought him facing Triple H or him getting the belt over Bryan was as stupid as we thought it was.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

It seems like it was a ton of things that just kind of crashed down as "gently caress this" after the Rumble.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Plus, the fact that for the 3rd year in a row, they drafted a part-timer in to take "his" main event spot didn't help.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

dsriggs posted:

"his" main event spot

dog spot
liver spot
bald spot
his spot

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RBX posted:

He probably thought him facing Triple H or him getting the belt over Bryan was as stupid as we thought it was.

I don't think Punk would have given a flying gently caress about this happening.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Gonzo McFee posted:

I'm fairly positive that Punk would've gone over. I think storyline looked to be going into another "Those Whacky McMahons" feud where Punk fought Triple H as Vince's proxy. I doubt that concept enthused him.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Also consider that the going rumor for WMXXX was Bryan/Sheamus, Punk/HHH, and Batista/Orton in a massive face push title run for Batista. It was as same-old same-old as it ever had been. The reaction to the Rumble changed a lot of plans, but Punk didn't know what they were at the time - he was just miserable.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

TL posted:

I'm fairly positive that Punk would've gone over. I think storyline looked to be going into another "Those Whacky McMahons" feud where Punk fought Triple H as Vince's proxy. I doubt that concept enthused him.

Punk made it clear that he wasn't staying and HHH would have pushed for Punk to do the job since that's what you do when you're leaving a territory.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
For all we really know, maybe the program shifted to Bryan getting the belt before Punk walked out on that Monday and he left specifically because he wouldn't be getting anywhere near the belt with Bryan around.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Shima Honnou posted:

For all we really know, maybe the program shifted to Bryan getting the belt before Punk walked out on that Monday and he left specifically because he wouldn't be getting anywhere near the belt with Bryan around.

But that doesn't match up with my mental image of CM Punk so that can't be it. After all, I, a man who was not in the room, not in the know, and have nothing of context, am able to predict entirely the reason why former WWE Superstar Phil "C.M. Punk" Brooks, sat out the rest of his contract.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Onmi posted:

After all, I, a man who was not in the room, not in the know, and have nothing of context, am able to predict entirely the reason why former WWE Superstar Phil "C.M. Punk" Brooks, sat out the rest of his contract.

Source: Wrestler Observer Newsletter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Source: Wrestler Observer Newsletter

posted by *~wEEdb0Ner420===D

>>HOT DIVA N00DZ CLICK HERE<<